Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 08:20:53 AM

People are talking about the 150k SPR that I donated to you ...

Those aren't people, those are sock puppets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 08:35:27 AM

Go have a look at the DASH markets for the same thing, nobody uses altcoins to trade for goods or services, why on earth would anyone use SPR if LTC is even struggling to use it's currency for product placement.

When Bitcoin goes up people hold for the long term, sell or spend it on things, the game has changed from the early days years ago Cheesy

People play different games.

The weirdest part about the altcoin sphere is this enforced conformity that I keep seeing.

I remember back when I presented the patronage idea,
I had suddenly 3 guys appear out of nowhere all telling me that,
"You need to do an ICO. That's the way it is done today.
Patronage can't work!"

So what was this all about, hm?
-->They are out to create conformity.

So...you seem to know exactly what motivates the masses and what drives them, but I am not so sure.  Smiley

Such a prediction can only be made in an environment that has been completely forced into line and where everyone behaves the same.

But this is exactly the part of the altcoin sphere that I want to avoid like the plague.

So, to a degree I agree with what you said about commerce.

But the more established altcoins always have some amount of commerce going on,
and even if its tiny, it serves an important role.
Keeps people grounded so to speak.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:37:45 AM

People are talking about the 150k SPR that I donated to you ...

Those aren't people, those are sock puppets.

Good luck with your project George.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 08:39:36 AM

Good luck with your project George.

You too.

PS: I swear I was about to post the same pic too. But for a different reason:

When all is said an done, virtually no crypto projects have achieved any uses at all.  Not even Bitcoin. 

Anyway, enough for today.

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:32:30 PM

How does the client extrapolate block info from the other coins? Do you have a full node of each coin your tapped into? If so bitcoin has a chain size of over 50GB.. This will require a huge VPS and will cost quite alot. Will everyone be required to host a bitcoin blockchain when they run a service node? If not, where does the 'decentralisation' come in? Are service nodes even on your agenda anymore?

The spreadwallet communicates directly with other nodes through TCPSockets, using their protocol.
For example for bitcoin the protocol is described here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Protocol_documentation
You know, stuff like getaddr, getblock, getheaders, version, inv, etc....

All nodes, even SPV-wallets like androids use this protocol to communicate with other nodes.
It's just a matter of what command/message they send and if they are capable or willing to process the answer.

An SPV-wallet will never ask for full blocks from another node, because it just wouldn't have enough space to safe them, but theoretically it absolutely could.

Here is a screenshot showing how I currently save data that is received in SPV mode (basically by just asking getheaders from other full nodes, and other commands).

(getheaders return just the blockheaders. So the getheader_XXX.dat-files you see here are like a blockchain of just the blockheaders.)

All those coin's nodes are currently synced 100%.

It's interesting to see that SPR has by far the biggest size.

227 MByte.

Since SPR blockheaders are bigger than most other coins (most are 80 bytes, SPR is 185 bytes) and we are also a 1 min coin this adds up to 227 MByte,
also growing more rapidly than other coins.

Not that this is a problem, but just an interesting fact.

When spreadwallet connects with a local fullnode it doesn't need to save any extra data, it just asks that local node for everything.
I'm not using RPC or anything like that.
The spreadwallet is directly acting as a node itself so that it can communicate with the local (or external) full node through TCP.

Thanks for the response. georgem this is really cool stuff, why don't you open this up to get this out?

Just to clarify, this is not a full node. You said it could accept more than just block header, but as long as it only accepts block header it certainly isn't a full node. More of a thin wallet on the network mirroring actual full nodes.
Could this potentially be used as a full node? Maybe.
So does this mean Proof of bitoin node is off the table, or proof of anycoin node?

Also, you refer to using a local full node for the spreadwallet to reference, do you mean everyone wanting to host a spreadwallet will also need to host a full node for which ever coin is added? It's very confusing. All the old ideas seem to have been removed or changed significantly. If I was a potential investor I would see all this as a vanity project, as a patron I would only be giving you money to see what you can do, weather this is related to SPR or not.

Patreon is intended for content producers, which you do little of... Why would I donate?

There's so many issues around here with direction, development, agreement it's understandable that you would like to sell, even if you'r the developer.

Your reasoning for selling and switching to patreon is like a pane of glass, I see right through it. No one is suggesting that because they gave you 150,000 SPR you MUST do what they say, NO ONE. This just give's you the opportunity to spin a reason for selling your stack, as you know your closed walled system is either not doable in a real environment or it's years and years from coming to fruition.

There's literally nothing you can say to justify wanting to sell your coins. All the BS reasons for doing it are really pathetic mate.

Within 6 months you will talk your way out of releasing anything and walk away from the project blaming everyone else with your head held high.

Bullshit commence in 3... 2... 1....

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 04:04:22 PM

Thanks for the response. georgem this is really cool stuff, why don't you open this up to get this out?

As soon as the spreadwallet is in public beta, I will open source it.

Not before.

I will keep everyone updated.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 04:06:45 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 04:20:40 PM by georgem

I was just about to post this myself.  Huh

Ahem:

Grin

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 04:24:00 PM

Georgem, I want pictures of hamsters!

Not pictures of the Spread community.  Tongue

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 04:39:30 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 06:01:29 PM by georgem

Georgem, I want pictures of hamsters!

Not pictures of the Spread community.  Tongue

Haha, you are right, but I don't think the Spread community is the problem.  Cool

Hey, I never introduced you guys to my other hamster.

female djungarian dwarf hamster, 6 months old , has no official spreadcoin name yet:

She'll become the mascot of the spreadminer.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 04:46:51 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 04:58:34 PM by georgem

BTW, in the spreadwallet, I have been including country-flags and a compact IPv4 and IPv6 database.

Both are free software or available under a creative commons license.

Country-Flags are from here:

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/flags/

And IP-Data is from MAXMIND GeoLite2 free edition:

http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/

It consists of 3 csv-files that are imported into the spreadwallet.

Just for your information.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 04:51:42 PM

While I work on the preview-version I promised to my patrons,
it would be nice if someone could help me find a good-looking worldmap that we could use within the spreadwallet.

It should be free to use, creative commons.
And it should be based on SVG format (Vector data)
possibly even have each country's border available as its own separate data point that I can access.

Any ideas?

I will leave you with that, I've got stuff to do.

Stay tuned.

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 11:21:31 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 12:08:16 AM by pokeytex

While I work on the preview-version I promised to my patrons,
it would be nice if someone could help me find a good-looking worldmap that we could use within the spreadwallet.

It should be free to use, creative commons.
And it should be based on SVG format (Vector data)
possibly even have each country's border available as its own separate data point that I can access.

Any ideas?

I will leave you with that, I've got stuff to do.

Stay tuned.

@georgem - this one looks promising?

https://www.amcharts.com/svg-maps/?map=world

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 01:52:31 AM

Yes, this one is perfect.
Complete with country-codes and the license is also OK.

Mercator projection lets greenland look as big as africa, lol, but doesn't matter.

Thanks.

entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 05:29:05 AM

In summation,  there is no financial incentive to run servicenodes in the event they are ever developed, or even hold coins for that matter. The developer wants to dump all of his. Want a preview of the wallet? That's pay per view. You'll need to provide donations in a means that absolves him from the success of this project.

Rest assured, there's no way the developer would ever abandon the project after dumping all his coins though, he holds the principles of decentralization far too dear to his heart. You can totally take his word for it too, because everything he's said so far in this thread has been completely accurate. Also, dash is a scam. Thank God I divested from dash to support georgem, otherwise life would be far too easy as my daughter's college tuition would be paid and I would have passive income for the rest of my life.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 05:34:09 AM

In summation,  there is no financial incentive to run servicenodes in the event they are ever developed, or even hold coins for that matter. The developer wants to dump all of his. Want a preview of the wallet? That's pay per view. You'll need to provide donations in a means that absolves him from the success of this project.

Rest assured, there's no way the developer would ever abandon the project after dumping all his coins though, he holds the principles of decentralization far too dear to his heart. You can totally take his word for it too, because everything he's said so far in this thread has been completely accurate. Also, dash is a scam. Thank God I divested from dash to support georgem, otherwise life would be far too easy as my daughter's college tuition would be paid and I would have passive income for the rest of my life.

I divested from another investment that would have netted me about 60K - enough to pay off my own schooling.

Feels bad...

At least we might have some nodes that might be profitable some of the time, that is, whenever miners allow it.

entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:02:32 AM

I divested from another investment that would have netted me about 60K - enough to pay off my own schooling.

Feels bad...

At least we might have some nodes that might be profitable some of the time, that is, whenever miners allow it.

Absolutely. they say you never realize a loss until you sell, so I guess I'm taking this bag of spr to the grave!

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
harambepirate

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:10:01 AM

Feels bad...

Absolutely. they say you never realize a loss until you sell, so I guess I'm taking this bag of spr to the grave!

Guys I think we need a support group to help deal with our depression.  CBG for short, better known as "Cucked By Georgem."
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:48:25 AM

Feels bad...

Guys I think we need a support group to help deal with our depression.  CBG for short, better known as "Cucked By Georgem."

This is my fault, not Georgem's. Please stop attacking him.

The deeper or bigger picture idea was something I wanted to see happen. I thought there was consensus on that, but perhaps I was mistaken.

I truly believe in the future potential of crypto and like it or not Bitcoin is the mothership at this point. It would be a gift to the corporate world if Bitcoin fails because a model for incentives after mining can't be found. Fees are the long-term, but there are currently problems with implementing fees.

I was at fault because I didn't put forward a strong enough case to counter the long standing position that devs know everything and they rule all. I should have put forward a strong argument that the keyboard is not mightier than the pen.

Dash's next big play, Evolution, was something I thought about and posted as something in SPR's long-term future many months before it was announced by Evan (yes, I do think Dash has used stuff pouring out my head meant for SPR - but I could be 100% wrong because I don't know how Evan come to think about Evolution).

And please remember, Apple's fortunes were linked not to its devs but to it's PR-investor.

If I can come up with a credible proposition (you tell me, is it?) for solving one of Bitcoins biggest long-term structural problems, something that will be exposed by the next halving, I can come up with a solution to the next steps to get there.

But first, I do need to address this incessant crypto dev idol thing head on. That is why we are where we are. Stay tuned.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:42:33 AM

Feels bad...

Guys I think we need a support group to help deal with our depression.  CBG for short, better known as "Cucked By Georgem."

The deeper or bigger picture idea was something I wanted to see happen. I thought there was consensus on that, but perhaps I was mistaken.

I truly believe in the future potential of crypto and like it or not Bitcoin is the mothership at this point. It would be a gift to the corporate world if Bitcoin fails because a model for incentives after mining can't be found. Fees are the long-term, but there are currently problems with implementing fees.

I was at fault because I didn't put forward a strong enough case to counter the long standing position that devs know everything and they rule all. I should have put forward a strong argument that the keyboard is not mightier than the pen.

Dash's next big play, Evolution, was something I thought about and posted as something in SPR's long-term future many months before it was announced by Evan (yes, I do think Dash has used stuff pouring out my head meant for SPR - but I could be 100% wrong because I don't know how Evan come to think about Evolution).

And please remember, Apple's fortunes were linked not to its devs but to it's PR-investor.

If I can come up with a credible proposition (you tell me, is it?) for solving one of Bitcoins biggest long-term structural problems, something that will be exposed by the next halving, I can come up with a solution to the next steps to get there.

But first, I do need to address this incessant crypto dev idol thing head on. That is why we are where we are. Stay tuned.

Good luck with that mate. I though you were one of the cockroaches!
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 04:36:32 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 05:05:52 PM by georgem

coin101, you deserve extra detailed answers, so let's get through this one by one.

First a pretty general statement in this post.
I will give more detailed answers later, to specific posts you made during the past few weeks.

We both have clear consensus on two motivations behind spreadcoin:

- create incentives for people to run full nodes
- figure out a mechanism that helps fund miners (because literaly no one is more important than them)

These are the two goals that you outlined over a year ago, and you will always deserve full credit for coming up with them.
If you hadn't brought these things to the table over a year ago,
I would probably be working on something completely different right now,
probably turning spreadcoin into a decentralized searchengine or something.
(And in a way I am still playing out those desires as can be seen with the decentralized blockexplorer etc...)

So these two goals are awesome goals, deep longterm goals that can be milked for a long time.
You also deserve credit for coming up with the term "servicenodes", atleast it looks this way when checking the post history back then.
You certainly are the first one to loudly proclaim (in a metaphorical sense) that we have now entered the "age of the servicenodes", lol.  Cheesy
That is awesome and hilarious at the same time. You seem to have a special connection with crypto's "zeitgeist".

But having mentioned these two new goals that were introduced a year ago,
mr.spread has already defined a foundation for spreadcoin that is just as important and interesting and that we can never forget:

- decentralization as main credo (he talked about "true decentralization".... I have extended this to "decentralize everything")
- unique mining algorithm that we further need to explore/extend

These are research areas that I want to invest just as much time in, as I want to invest in the goals that were added later.

So far I think we both agree.

I don't feel attacked by the trolls, and I don't think this is in any way your fault.
It's like with the ISIS guy... to me it's just sad to see other people get influenced or scared away by the trolls.
But I couldn't care less, this will not affect me or my research/work in any way.
It's just interesting to try and figure out what the real motivation behind this organized troll activity is,
I do have a few suspicions, but that's for another time.

Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: