Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:44:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790356 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:54:36 PM

BTW, minerpage contacted me through spreadcointalk and told me that she still 100% supports spreadcoin!  Smiley
She didn't leave us, she just moved.

Reminds me again that this thread here is not really representative of the whole spreadcoin community.

Of course not, lol!

You're on a comms charm offensive, keep it up, Georgem!

$100m coin, incoming

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 02:50:32 PM

Another rapsberry pi 3 arrived today.

I'm extending raspberry experiments to full bitcoin nodes with an external HD.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:55:33 PM

I take it that Spreadwallet can be used to communicate with the SPR daemon, in which case you can set-up some rules in Spreadwallet and service nodes to validate if a full Bitcoin node is operating as a full node - you know, Proof of Full Node?
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:19:25 PM

georgem, you have another .2008 BTC incoming

That is so awesome. Much appreciated.

lol, nearly nobody seems to want to donate SPR.

I will mark your BTC donation down as 3250 SPR as per current exchange rate. (same with the equivalent donation rhinomonkey did 2 days ago).  
Just makes me happier to express the value of a donation in SPR. Smiley

Hell yea! Glad to see you getting some more donations. Sorry you're stuck with the coin of lesser value - BTC.   Tongue

Also glad to hear minerpage is still around. I was wondering where she was not too long ago.

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:22:17 PM

The only qualm I have with you doing these smaller updates is that more people will want to buy SPR and I can't get them cheaply anymore, lol! Super exciting stuff.

P.S. does anyone know how to resize images in a post via code?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:13:30 PM

The only qualm I have with you doing these smaller updates is that more people will want to buy SPR and I can't get them cheaply anymore, lol! Super exciting stuff.

P.S. does anyone know how to resize images in a post via code?

Take a look inside the [] where you see img add a space then say width=xxx or you can say height=xxx
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:56:20 PM

I take it that Spreadwallet can be used to communicate with the SPR daemon, in which case you can set-up some rules in Spreadwallet and service nodes to validate if a full Bitcoin node is operating as a full node - you know, Proof of Full Node?

Any such rules can easily be overridden since they are not of cryptographical nature.

"Proof of Full Node" as I understand it means that you want to find a way that the same bitcoin full node doesn't feed 2 or more servicenodes.
This way each unique servicenode will also host a unique bitcoin node.

That's the "proof" we want to find.

AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:33:04 PM

Everybody, thanks for waiting,
sorry, but there was a lot to digest first, and I'm far from finished...  Shocked

But lets dive in.

So here are some of the news about the new upcoming wallet, called Spreadwallet that will introduce a few changes.
I will have to split the info over a few posts, so consider this a first preview of what to expect.

I will give a short overview of the function and explain in the next post why I think it's a good idea to advance the wallet this way.

First of all, the spreadwallet is now a multicoin multiwallet that can operate in SPV and Fullnode mode.  Cool

In short, what you'll get is:

- decentralized UTXO blockexplorer that works with the nodes you host locally (on your main computer or spread over your local network)
- multihost capabilities that allow you to run multiple nodes in your local network, remote controlling them with your spreadwallet.
- easy setup and control through SSH of all the raspberry pis in your local network.
- multiwallet support for many coins, immediate use of all those coins in SPV mode.
- support for many different styles of wallets (deterministic, non-deterministic, TREZOR and paperwallets)
- update of the spreadcoin daemon to newest bitcoin core codebase

In more detail:

You can see the main sections in this screen.

We have an explorer, based on the blockexplorer I've been working on for a while now.
It uses my own database engine called spreadDB for fast access to UTXO datastructures.
The explorer only works with full nodes you operate in your local network, be it on the same machine as your wallet, or e.g. a raspberry pi in your local network.

Above that we have a reserved section that will show all the wallets that you load/create,
and in the top right corner we have the section where all the nodes will be listed that the wallet is currently operating and connected to.
(Those can be Fullnodes or representations of SPV-Connections the wallet has with certain coins)

Once you "register" and "setup" a full node (or SPV-Connection) with the spreadwallet the explorer will start "exploring" the blockchain data and build the database that will allow you to quickly search for addresses, hashes, etc..
You will have to wait for the sync process to finish before the explorer can kick in. Although I am working on a mode where the explorer builds its database even while the blockchain is synching.
The explorer doesn't work with data it gets only through SPV-Connections.

BTW as you see in the top right corner the Nodes always inform you about how many connections they have and what percentage they are synched and explored.
Basically what was at the bottom of the old wallet (the statusbar) has now disappeared and all info about Nodes will be visualized directly in the respective Node-Box.
The "SPV nodes" look a little different than the Full Nodes to make them easily distinguishable.

When it's finished, the "Chains" sidebar menu will give you general information of all the chains/coins you are connected to.
This will list a few coin parameters a difficulty graph and a hashrate graph. Similar to what the old wallet shows in the overview screen of the mining menu.
This chain-list will include SPV connections, since all this data can be derived from header data alone, so that's good!

So how exactly will you add Nodes?

Remember that Genesis-Extractor experiment we started some time ago?
Here's the link to refresh your memory: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?board=21.0

We will continue to build on this information to provide useable data for the spreadwallet, so that we have all the necessary information to handle multiple coins.
I will start with a list of a few coins that I will personally test, we can then continue from there and add coins as the community sees fit.
But generally speaking ... you can customize this list anyway you want since it will be comprised of external files that are human readable.

Furthermore, some coins will not work with the wallet rightaway, so we will have to find different solutions later.
For example, AFAIK etherium doesn't use UTXO format, so it can't be scanned by the current version of the blockexplorer.
But coins that are very similar to spreadcoin will work rightaway.

So based on this external coinlist the Spreadwallet will present to you a few coins that you can activate/deactivate.
The three states of "coin connection" (or "Node state" if you will) are

Off
SPV
Full

Once a node is in SPV mode, you can basically use it rightaway. The Spreadwallet does everything automatically. It's like a multi-headed SPV-Monster.

If you put a node in Full mode, you will need to set it up first. (More about it later in more detail). This means you have to download the official daemon from the coins site and tell spreadwallet where you installed it, etc...

Now, there are 2 cool things about the way you can run full nodes here:

1) you can quickly setup raspberry pi's that will act as 24/7 full nodes that communicate with the spreadwallet over SSH. Everything is done through the wallet.
(Just to emphasize: I'm currently running my spreadwallet with only a raspberry pi as main full spreadcoin node.  Cool And, as you would expect, the raspberry node keeps on running 24/7, even if I shut down my main computer!  Smiley )

2) you can quickly switch between Full and SPV mode depending on your needs. (ever waited for a full bitcoin node to synch to make a quick payment? Well, you can choose to temporarily switch to a SPV connection for BTC and afterwards switch back)

You will be able to scan your local network and figure out which computers and raspberries are available, and what IP they have, etc...
There are still many things missing here, I will inform you about progress.

I'm currently using a few Raspberry Pi 3, but am also exploring if it would be possible to use earlier versions of Raspberry Pi to do "some kind" of other non-node work. I do have a few ideas....

Next screen:

The spreadwallet does not contain a full node in its code, instead you will connect with a spreadcoin deamon that will be included in the package.
I repeat: Spreadwallet and spreadcoin daemon/CLI (based on newest bitcoin CORE) are now two different repositories.

Ok, continuing: The spreadwallet will be centered around ... well.... WALLETS! what else.

The details here are pretty extensive and there are lots of things I am still fleshing out, so I will have to inform you over the next days how the internals of the multi-wallet behaviour will look like and operate.

Here's another screen, with multiple coins simultaneously

BTW, it's entirely possible to run the wallet offline, just to create wallets (especially paperwallets) in a more secure fashion.
And vice versa, you can run Spreadwallet without having any wallet imported, just hosting a few full nodes to operate the blockexplorer.
Fully customizable.

You can even run spreadwallet completely without spreadcoin if you want!  Grin

I don't care, the user decides! But that's how you create standards everyone likes to use.

So, to sum it up, this is the progress about the first of the three main things that keep me occupied right now:

1) Spreadwallet
2) Spreadminer (more info soon)
3) Servicenodes (more info about P2P and overlay research soon)

Good update. This looks really promising.
ugabuga

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:40:29 PM

Less lines here, and more lines in the code .... LOL

Now, what matters: Anyone know how to mine from pool https://spr.suprnova.cc/ with an AMD 7970?

Greetings from Portugal, for everyone!

Try solo mining

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDzpiBLDcA&feature=youtu.be

And also see the mining pages here

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?board=5.0

I was experiencing the "solo" mining in the last two days, but with the network speed to rise sharply, the only thing I can mine is more degrees ° C to the temperature of office, and I temperature, I have enough in Portugal.

The settings that are in the pool, I think they are for the graphical Nvidia ... for me, do not work ...

but thanks for your help with links  Smiley

I contacted the pool for you. he should be over here when he sobers up.

Thank you once again for your help. Smiley

And thanks to those who sold it to me in Bit ... now I have some SPR  Grin

Actually, Portugal is one of my favourite places to go on holidays. Portimao, Lagos, Luz and sometimes Lisbon for a weekend. I must do a trip to Porto in the next few years. Maybe SPR will pay for that and if we hit $100m I might move there permanently.

you'll like Oporto and northern Portugal.

Everyone goes to the Algarve because of the beaches with warmer water, but in the north it is possible to eat much better, walk more (with the same money you would spend in the south) and is much greener than the south of Portugal ( except the part of the fires this year).

In Oporto you can experience the "francesinhas" accompanied by a good cold beer. https://www.google.pt/search?q=francesinha+moda+do+porto&safe=off&espv=2&biw=2560&bih=1339&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzp4vdtvHOAhWDchQKHW37BA8QsAQIGg&dpr=1

Edit: I really hope that you to come on vacation or permanently for Portugal, at the expense of SPR...  Grin

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
georgen

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:53:27 AM

Hey everyone. The imposter georgem has still refused to get out of MY forum! I know you all have been worried about progress. So....... here is a short video of me coding....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up9YksVcevs

Stay tuned!!!!!!!!
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 08:05:03 AM

Hey everyone. The imposter georgem has still refused to get out of MY forum! I know you all have been worried about progress. So....... here is a short video of me coding....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up9YksVcevs

Stay tuned!!!!!!!!

It's all very amusing, but the reality is that traders are hungry for making millions.  SPR is a project that will become aligned with Bitcoin (or Litecoin, or any other project sharing the same codebase as Bitcoin) and it's prospects for heavy trading by Bitcoin whales are unrivaled.

While the bitcoin full node count keeps falling and new services come on stream to snoop on the bitcoin network

http://themerkle.com/u-s-government-is-backing-research-projects-in-hopes-of-de-anonymizing-bitcoin-transactions/

The value of SPR will skyrocket once bitcoin full nodes are hosted here and users are getting paid for the fisrt time to run them.

You should look into that old saying of he who laughs fisrt laughs least, and pick up a couple of heavy bags of SPR.

$100m coin incoming. Stay tuned.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 08:10:00 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2016, 08:45:01 AM by coins101

Magnet links and side chains.

Perhaps proof of bitcoin node has some inspiration in the way mangnet links are created.

BIP70 can be used to communicate with customers and merchants, but it can now also be used to send zero value communication.

Edit

I like the idea of this BIP for potentially helping with proof of bitcoin node

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0074.mediawiki

An example might be a merchant that adds the hash of a plain text invoice to the checkout transaction. The merchant could construct the PaymentRequest with the invoice hash in an OP_RETURN and pass it to the customer's wallet. The wallet could then submit the transaction, including the invoice hash from the PaymentRequest. The wallet will have encoded a proof of purchase to the blockchain without the wallet developer having to coordinate with the merchant software or add features beyond this BIP.
newstb

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 08:53:17 AM

Spreadcoin looks good. Volume has rised 0,5btc to 2,5btc  Wink
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:07:02 AM

I would buy a few coins back if something was going on here

https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin/tree/master

Nearly one year since last commit, $240k marketcap...

It seems over valued for someone new coming in.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:28:17 AM

Since when does git = stuff being worked on?

That's makes no sense at all.
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:37:45 AM

Since when does git = stuff being worked on?

That's makes no sense at all.

I'm not saying stuff isn't being worked on.

The last commit was a year ago, so that means block ex and service nodes have been worked on way over a year now,
how many more years will i have to wait, if i invested now?
Abou Talha

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:49:10 AM

Only 4,8 SPR per block ; 4,5 at the end of 2016 ; 4 at june 2017 ; 3,5 at the end of 2017. Mmm, très intéressant.
As coins101 said, 100 millions marketcap incoming.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:37:43 AM

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:41:02 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2016, 11:57:45 AM by coins101

This is how Proof of Bitcoin Node (or any cross chain Node) needs to work, using the OP_RETURN updates in BIP74

The internal communications within the Spreadwallet make this whole thing work. The internal communications within the Spreadwallet can be similar to the way exchanges deal with transactions, they have their own ledgers that keep track of whats going on, and only when customers put money in or take money out do they interact with specific coin daemons.

Because of Bitcoin confirmation wait times, the completion of the proof might take 10 minutes or 10 days, but the relay communications can be ring fenced / locked by the servicenode network to avoid an attacker stealing payments.

If you have the required public and private keys, only you can create and confirm the hash as proof of the broadcast message.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 01:11:08 PM

Does anyone know if we have a paper wallet?  I am looking to put some SPR in cold storage.

Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: