Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:14:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GP] GoldPieces - MMO RPGs Live -Online RPG Gaming Currency -NO PREMINE  (Read 70842 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:51:02 PM

When does the cap on coins staked come into play (total market amount I mean) and when does the interest method change to be like HYPER's?

Some questions, i know its not on a priority list, but still:

Where are with the fork to make the staking work like HYPER?

And because we are almost knocking at the door to max coins at 1 500 000 GP, i wonder what will happen after. Will it keep staking on or what?

I believe there isn't a limited number of coins?

I held a poll and the results were overwhelmingly in favor of no fork for GP.

So it will continue as it is for now. The 2.5 GP cap per staking input actually keeps inflation relatively low, while letting anyone earn stakes.

As the ecosystem keeps growing, I anticipate market cap growth to far exceed inflation.

Ah, thanks for that. New to the thread and didn't have time to read through everything, :p.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
inkha

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 01:54:48 PM

Hey guys, Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm stoked to be back and working on the project again this week after a long weekend on the grind! Wink

Here's what's on todays list:

1) Remove ways for people to gather coins in the game
* At the moment you can sell items in stores and receive GP for them, I need to remove all instances of generating coins in the game from shops etc because the economy will be based around P2P trades/GP deposits. There may be a faucet to get people started, but we need to make sure people can't go in and generate a ton of GP and cash out for example. I'l update you guys when I move on to the next task at hand! Keep in mind the server may be online and offline throughout the day as updates are added, But once we are in production mode we will be up 24/7

Cheers,
Inkha

GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency to be used as an in-game currency.
TeamDisaster

Activity: 674

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 02:16:07 PM

I thought you were going to have Gold as in-game currency which could then be exchanged for GP (and later HYPER)?  Are you going for complete direct integration?  Much as I like that idea in some ways, it sounds terribly risky.

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff
inkha

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 02:59:25 PM

I thought you were going to have Gold as in-game currency which could then be exchanged for GP (and later HYPER)?  Are you going for complete direct integration?  Much as I like that idea in some ways, it sounds terribly risky.

I am going to try and go for direct integration and see how it works instead of having an additional market, but the coins wont be 1:1. My idea is when you deposit 1GP that is equivalent of 1,000 coins (I think this is called uGP?) in the game and vice versa. This doesn't mean people can't make money in the game with their skills though. If you are the first one to get 99 smithing you can mine ores and create items that aren't available yet and sell them to other players for example.

TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 03:29:38 PM

Ah okay, that makes more sense - thanks for the clarification!  Smiley

I had a quick look last night, afraid the only thing I'm reasonably good at right now is defeating spiders and mice!  Roll Eyes

Trade crypto at Bittrex

HYPERfuture (OP)

Activity: 686

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 06:24:12 PM

Hey guys, Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm stoked to be back and working on the project again this week after a long weekend on the grind! Wink

Here's what's on todays list:

1) Remove ways for people to gather coins in the game
* At the moment you can sell items in stores and receive GP for them, I need to remove all instances of generating coins in the game from shops etc because the economy will be based around P2P trades/GP deposits. There may be a faucet to get people started, but we need to make sure people can't go in and generate a ton of GP and cash out for example. I'l update you guys when I move on to the next task at hand! Keep in mind the server may be online and offline throughout the day as updates are added, But once we are in production mode we will be up 24/7

Cheers,
Inkha

I thought you were going to have Gold as in-game currency which could then be exchanged for GP (and later HYPER)?  Are you going for complete direct integration?  Much as I like that idea in some ways, it sounds terribly risky.

I am going to try and go for direct integration and see how it works instead of having an additional market, but the coins wont be 1:1. My idea is when you deposit 1GP that is equivalent of 1,000 coins (I think this is called uGP?) in the game and vice versa. This doesn't mean people can't make money in the game with their skills though. If you are the first one to get 99 smithing you can mine ores and create items that aren't available yet and sell them to other players for example.

Sounds great Inkha! Maybe like Entropia, there can be some faucets in-game that dispense small amounts of GP to help people get started? But I agree most of the economy should be based around P2P trades. WIll be absolutely awesome if eventually people can have investment funds (e.g investing in someones mining operation etc) and things like that. Kind of like in EVE Online.

Maybe people need to pay a monthly subscription fee in GP to play as well? Will help drive demand for GP and any MMO that enables people to make money (or in this case GP), people usually have to pay to play.

I know you have a lot to do! But maybe when we get to adding HYPER a few options are 1.) added as an external market for P2P trades (while GP is fully integrated) 2. People can also pay their monthly playing "fee" in HYPER as well 3.) certain special items in game can perhaps only be traded for HYPER (e.g magical items or something). Or if you have the coding skills some magicalplaces could also act as kind of HYPER faucets. I would like to see all 3 actually Smiley

Good luck with today's work! Going for full GP integration is the absolutely best idea.

EDIT: If people can buy houses, plots of land, ore mines, shops etc (basically in-game assets and investments) from the game operators (us) with GP and HYPER now that would be a wet dream.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 09:27:19 PM

Interesting idea here. I was brainstorming the viability of having a MMO whose only currency was the crypto itself (unrelated to all of this) and couldn't get past the pricing of items vs. speed of earning of gold situation. Wasn't thinking about removing the ability to farm it, and using like a faucet...

And 1000 coins would be mGP. uGP would be micro, which means million (0.00000100 GP).

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 09:36:48 PM

If you used GP completely, how would the game react to changes in the BTC / USD value of GP?

I'm a bit iffy about the monthly subscription fee idea... you're instantly reducing the player base before you've even started.  If the rewards are going to be worth it (beyond the game itself being fun), how are you going to monetise it?  Adverts get annoying and as far as I can see the client wouldn't lend itself to them, so it would have to be in terms of items you could buy in the game, I suppose?

Trade crypto at Bittrex

crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 09:54:37 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 10:14:38 PM by crazyjack

If you used GP completely, how would the game react to changes in the BTC / USD value of GP?

I'm a bit iffy about the monthly subscription fee idea... you're instantly reducing the player base before you've even started.  If the rewards are going to be worth it (beyond the game itself being fun), how are you going to monetise it?  Adverts get annoying and as far as I can see the client wouldn't lend itself to them, so it would have to be in terms of items you could buy in the game, I suppose?
Leave GP, HYPER, BTC value at a side for now, the game itself must provide interesting concept of everything and if that is achieved well the value will come along for sure.

About subscription, well I support it as i did at Dragon Knights. Of course at a reasonable level. It is a must, you can expect to run a game on free fuel.
inkha

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 11:14:53 AM

I'm a bit iffy about the monthly subscription fee idea... you're instantly reducing the player base before you've even started.  If the rewards are going to be worth it (beyond the game itself being fun), how are you going to monetise it?  Adverts get annoying and as far as I can see the client wouldn't lend itself to them, so it would have to be in terms of items you could buy in the game, I suppose?
Leave GP, HYPER, BTC value at a side for now, the game itself must provide interesting concept of everything and if that is achieved well the value will come along for sure.

About subscription, well I support it as i did at Dragon Knights. Of course at a reasonable level. It is a must, you can expect to run a game on free fuel.

There won't be a subscription fee, but each person may start with 1,000 coins/1GP, you don't need GP to use any of the skills such as mining/smithing for weapons, fishing for food, fletching for arrows. People that just want to train combat skills and PVP in clans etc probably won't want to fish and mine, so it's possible to do that for them and earn coins.

The monetization is the game itself, improving the GPosphere.

TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 11:22:40 AM

Okay cool, good to know  Cheesy

I've had a couple of ideas about the game which I've PM'd you about.  All the best with development!

Trade crypto at Bittrex

HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:09:39 PM

There won't be a subscription fee, but each person may start with 1,000 coins/1GP, you don't need GP to use any of the skills such as mining/smithing for weapons, fishing for food, fletching for arrows. People that just want to train combat skills and PVP in clans etc probably won't want to fish and mine, so it's possible to do that for them and earn coins.

The monetization is the game itself, improving the GPosphere.

GPosphere I like it Smiley

Giving people 1 GP when they open accounts instead is an awesome idea.

I'm all for it.

This is going to explode when it is all set to rock and we start the marketing for it.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:45:56 PM

As long as there's a minimum withdrawal amount of 5 or 10GP so that people can't simply join and cash out a free GP!  Tongue  Roll Eyes

Trade crypto at Bittrex

crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:21:00 PM

GPosphere, Cheesy, nice, really good proactive thinking. Inkha, just take your time, throw us a bone from time to time so we can taste it what is gonna be like.
inkha

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 12:30:37 AM

GPosphere, Cheesy, nice, really good proactive thinking. Inkha, just take your time, throw us a bone from time to time so we can taste it what is gonna be like.

Will do i'm getting the wallet setup for deposits and withdrawals now after getting the login system working and will keep you guys in the loop when it is functioning!

Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:54:33 PM

Sure is nice to see Inkha still beavering away.

This is the year of Gaming in Crypto ...

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
inkha

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 06:02:52 AM

Currently testing the withdrawal and deposit features now for release!

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:57:47 AM

Currently testing the withdrawal and deposit features now for release!

Awesome news! I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet but will in the next couple days. Looking forward to an update, Smiley.

inkha

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 09:55:06 AM

Here's an address to donate towards Inkhascape's development and hosting costs.

GKoEALcCfr5NSDht4Yv6xbub1hjToGfT4Q

Thanks guys!

HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 03:11:05 PM

Inkha has informed me the new more professional website will be ready very soon.

When that and the free market are complete we will start the marketing in a big way.

really exciting times guys Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: