Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:34:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🚀🚀🚀🚀 | GorillaBucks | Custom Multipool LIVE | Social Media Network | 💵🐵💵  (Read 133303 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ltcrstrbrt
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:31:38 AM

As many of you know, 10k started as a chain we could use to experiment new mechanics. It worked great, and not only did we use what we learned in BALLS, but we then merged the two into a more serious project, GorillaTeeth. Now we are at a crossroads. With GorillaBucks ready to start moving when GorillaEx comes back, we have a fresh chain that already has interest in it, but no place to test new ideas.. until now

This brings us to Variance. If this staking system works well, the plan is to bring it over to GorillaBucks. The only difference is that we will leave mining active on this one until Block 8 million. This coin is merge minable with BTC and we will work with pools to get this set up later on

The way stake rewards are calculated are dramatically different in Variance. For this reason, we need to ensure the network gets to block 100,000 as quickly as possible for system scaling tests. The most efficient way to achieve this is to keep difficulty low for the first 100,000 blocks. Everyone will have a fair shot at the initial rush, but I would very highly suggest against renting rigs. Mining pools will most likely not be able to keep up with the rush of blocks being found prior to block 100,000. After 100k, it will start moving to more manageable, long term levels. Variance also comes out of the box ready to be merge mined with Bitcoin, PPC, and any other SHA coins that are set up to be auxiliary chains. With Proof of Work active until Block 8 million, this will be a feature I actively pursue making use of

Stake rewards change quite a bit in this one, which bring us to the entire point. We need to test this system to ensure it won't break prior to implementing it into GorillaBucks. Coinage is scaled so the rich won't become richer at such a ridiculous, compounding pace. Large and small deposits will be scaled to generate from nearly the same sliding range

This is not being premined or instamined by myself or anyone else. Why am I posting it in this thread and not in its own? Because you guys are the only ones I care about on these forums. Please remember this is testing a totally different way to do rewards, so things might break. The goal of this coin is not to shill, market, or try to get it traded anywhere. If that happens, cool, but if not, that's fine

TL;DR - It is imperative to remember that Variance is essentially a standalone GorillaBucks test chain. If you rent rigs for this launch, you will just be pissed off that no pools can keep up

Coin Specs
  • SHA 256/Merged Ok
  • Four Minute Blocks
  • 1 VARY per PoW Block
  • 1 Hour Deposit -> Stake Eligible
  • 8 Hours Mine/Mint -> Full Confirm
  • No Yearly Stake Rate
  • Scaling Stake Rewards
    • Small rewards scaled up
    • Large rewards scaled down

Wallets
Still doing some final tests. Just giving you guys a fair warning that this is coming.. It may be as early as tonight. The coin is basically ready, just testing stakes past block 10,000
new concept! very interesting, also like the logo Cheesy
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:53:34 AM

Cool concept! Sha256 a good choice.

rhegie13

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:03:35 AM

Another interesting concept! I'll mine this, when's the launch?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 02:24:38 AM

Another interesting concept! I'll mine this, when's the launch?

I dunno. Talking to a few pool ops now that may be setting up for the launch, but I really think pools will struggle to keep up

I cannot stress this enough.. if you rent rigs for this, you are probably going to be disappointed. Rent them after block 100k and you will get far better performance

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:01:28 AM

Im already getting the word out: http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/variance-coin-vary-sha-256-from-dev-igotspots-to-be-released-very-soon-spots-says-maybe-tonight-51615/

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:26:34 AM

Is the difficulty going to to be low enough to solo mine? With my usb stick? Grin
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 03:31:31 AM

Is the difficulty going to to be low enough to solo mine? With my usb stick? Grin

Yes

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:22:14 AM

I am ready to pop some SP20s and a couple of S3+s, with maybe an S4 or two in the mix.
I am going to have a drink, a nice cigar, relax for a few minutes, eat some good grub, and then I will be checking to see what I coins I can play with for a few.

BTW I think Merge Mining is making a comeback in SHA256 Algos. Coins which actually have some use and value off an exchange being MM will kick ass.

Ignore the haters. Are any Devs with popular coins?

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
bitspender

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 10:19:37 AM

Spots, when is the MP for MMXIV paying?

Waiting for 17 days now.
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 10:23:49 AM

If you guys have any coins left on GorillaEx, you should get them off as soon as possible until things get back up and running

HI Guys
Time for an update I think

as you know we have an issue on the exchange,  well not we have built a totally new exchange  server base using the same (with a few modification’s) front end.

We need you ALL to do the following,

Withdraw your coins from Gorilla exchange.
(as we are not going to transfer ANY information from the old exchange  to the new exchange )
If you have an order that is still open on the old exchange send me a PM ONLY and ill sort it out so that you can withdraw your coins.

OK so how long have you got?
Well you have 1 week from today to move your coins off the exchange.
On the 22nd May we will be shutting the old exchange  down, any coins left on the exchange  will be lost.

The new exchange will be online on the 23rd May 2015 at 10:00am GMT+1
You will be able to setup your NEW account on there and as soon as your coins are transferred you will be able to trade.

Thanks
Paul

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:36:48 PM

If you guys have any coins left on GorillaEx, you should get them off as soon as possible until things get back up and running

HI Guys

as you know we have an issue on the exchange,  well not we have built a totally new exchange  server base using the same (with a few modification’s) front end.

(as we are not going to transfer ANY information from the old exchange  to the new exchange )
If you have an order that is still open on the old exchange send me a PM ONLY and ill sort it out so that you can withdraw your coins.

On the 22nd May we will be shutting the old exchange  down, any coins left on the exchange  will be lost.

The new exchange will be online on the 23rd May 2015 at 10:00am GMT+1
You will be able to setup your NEW account on there and as soon as your coins are transferred you will be able to trade.

Thanks
Paul

Thanks Paul for the kind update. BTW My TEETH wallet hasn't been synking for several days so what do I need to do as I am not very Techy. I have 150 teeth and want to move 20 to Trex. Can anyone help me sync the wallet please?

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:14:30 PM

As many of you know, 10k started as a chain we could use to experiment new mechanics. It worked great, and not only did we use what we learned in BALLS, but we then merged the two into a more serious project, GorillaTeeth. Now we are at a crossroads. With GorillaBucks ready to start moving when GorillaEx comes back, we have a fresh chain that already has interest in it, but no place to test new ideas.. until now

This brings us to Variance. If this staking system works well, the plan is to bring it over to GorillaBucks. The only difference is that we will leave mining active on this one until Block 8 million. This coin is merge minable with BTC and we will work with pools to get this set up later on

The way stake rewards are calculated are dramatically different in Variance. For this reason, we need to ensure the network gets to block 100,000 as quickly as possible for system scaling tests. The most efficient way to achieve this is to keep difficulty low for the first 100,000 blocks. Everyone will have a fair shot at the initial rush, but I would very highly suggest against renting rigs. Mining pools will most likely not be able to keep up with the rush of blocks being found prior to block 100,000. After 100k, it will start moving to more manageable, long term levels. Variance also comes out of the box ready to be merge mined with Bitcoin, PPC, and any other SHA coins that are set up to be auxiliary chains. With Proof of Work active until Block 8 million, this will be a feature I actively pursue making use of

Stake rewards change quite a bit in this one, which bring us to the entire point. We need to test this system to ensure it won't break prior to implementing it into GorillaBucks. Coinage is scaled so the rich won't become richer at such a ridiculous, compounding pace. Large and small deposits will be scaled to generate from nearly the same sliding range

This is not being premined or instamined by myself or anyone else. Why am I posting it in this thread and not in its own? Because you guys are the only ones I care about on these forums. Please remember this is testing a totally different way to do rewards, so things might break. The goal of this coin is not to shill, market, or try to get it traded anywhere. If that happens, cool, but if not, that's fine

TL;DR - It is imperative to remember that Variance is essentially a standalone GorillaBucks test chain. If you rent rigs for this launch, you will just be pissed off that no pools can keep up

Coin Specs
  • SHA 256/Merged Ok
  • Four Minute Blocks
  • 1 VARY per PoW Block
  • No Yearly Stake Rate
  • Scaling Stake Rewards

Wallets
Still doing some final tests. Just giving you guys a fair warning that this is coming.. It may be as early as tonight. The coin is basically ready, just testing stakes past block 10,000
Hi Igotspots.
Mining pools will most likely not be able to keep up with the rush of blocks being found prior to block 100,000.
Does that mean I can't mine it with my graphics card rig that I rent out at a mining pool ?
Thx
kawa900jc

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

StakeChain Community leader

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:16:54 PM

Yes
Maybe good to give simple nstructions for mining.
I want to give it a try on my atom netbook.

leroyjankins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:18:55 PM

Thanks Paul for the kind update. BTW My TEETH wallet hasn't been synking for several days so what do I need to do as I am not very Techy. I have 150 teeth and want to move 20 to Trex. Can anyone help me sync the wallet please?

Hopefully you have updated to the latest wallet.. 4.0.2, check that first. I'm assuming your wallet synced previously, so that usually means something has changed, I also would try having only the wallet open and nothing else. maybe a different program is causing an issue.
leroyjankins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:25:27 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 02:36:38 PM by leroyjankins

Yes
Maybe good to give simple nstructions for mining.
I want to give it a try on my atom netbook.

Use cgminer or BFGminer depending on your preferences but since those programs are not Spots', id recommend checking the dedicated threads for it. There are so many different processors and usb miners that it's going to be difficult to set up a universal instruction set for solo mining.

You can setup a Vary.conf and mine via wallet on cpu by using
Code:
generate=1 

or in the console using

Code:
setgenerate true

Keep in mind i don't know the correct RPC port, these are examples only!

Vary.conf Example for USB miners and cpu miners using cgminer or bfgminer

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=88989
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
listen=1
generate=0

Vary.conf Example for mining via CPU using just the wallet

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=88989
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
listen=1
generate=1
Maztrix

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:44:42 PM

Hi Dev

My TEETH not Staking and not going to balance.
Please see. You can help me? I'm update wallet and reload block already but not work.
https://i.imgur.com/9wwuP34.png
https://i.imgur.com/lzxiBdH.png
https://i.imgur.com/pFBDvgP.png
https://i.imgur.com/2VeM3NO.png
https://i.imgur.com/BKs2tKj.png
http://www.uppic.org/image-7A09_5558A80B.jpg
http://www.uppic.org/image-C31A_5558A80B.jpg
http://www.uppic.org/image-CC47_5558A80B.jpg
http://www.uppic.org/image-9A45_5558A80B.jpg
http://www.uppic.org/image-7D18_5558A80B.jpg
styn234

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:47:42 PM

I like this, it could breath a whole lot of new life into the coin. I was thinking on selling it but now i am definitely going to keep it. Awesome idea OP.
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:52:03 PM

HI Guys

Paul,
I would like to transfer the coins from the Gorilla Exchange to my wallet on my computer so I can start staking as well.  I had 1.3? and .3? was sent to the wallet can't seem to transfer 1 coin left to the wallet.

Thanks
Paul

Kaenguru

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:54:47 PM

Everything looks fine. It takes 3620 blocks or 7-10 days to see your coins in balance.
If you want stop staking, make a conf file with reservebalance=true 999999 or something
styn234

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:55:44 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 04:42:09 PM by styn234

Coin Specs
  • SHA 256/Merged Ok
  • Four Minute Blocks
  • 1 VARY per PoW Block
  • No Yearly Stake Rate
  • Scaling Stake Rewards

Wallets

Is there going to be a mac osx wallet? Cuz that's kinda a must have in my opinion. I like the cloud idea. It took long enough for something new though. How about hiring a team so you can take on mutiple targets faster? Because i like the coin and it has potantion, only the fact that everything takes pretty long is holding it back a lot. I really hope you take my advice seriously.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: