Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:29:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382133 times)
hiphoptrail

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:04:13 PM

GPU Miner new algo?

nope

obelisk only, for now ofcourse ;-)
maybe Claymore will do something as the old good dual with Sia

And all you clowns butt hurt with your gpu's claiming decentralization Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:50:51 PM

Is there a medium article or some kind of detailed info about the hardfork that we can see. I heard that there was a sliding scale for ratios of SC distribution after the hardfork but cant find any definative info.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:35:20 PM

Is there a medium article or some kind of detailed info about the hardfork that we can see. I heard that there was a sliding scale for ratios of SC distribution after the hardfork but cant find any definative info.

The real question is ..do I mine like hell now with my previously 5 doorstop obelisk sc-1's to Siacoin or to BTC?

That is a crap load of siacoin out in the world that those 4/5ths of other equipment (now can't mine siacoin) they may be in HODL state..previously but.now wanting to

dump to get ROI and any losses for a positive ledger on their now *obsolete equipment*

without any information on the 'supposed' network for cloud storage and progress by sia-tech, I'm guessing the best bet is just mine and convert to BTC to

be safe. But conflicted...

what are the rest of you thinking on this fork cluster***k?

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:44:15 PM

The real question is ..do I mine like hell now with my previously 5 doorstop obelisk sc-1's to Siacoin or to BTC?

That is a crap load of siacoin out in the world that those 4/5ths of other equipment (now can't mine siacoin) they may be in HODL state..previously but.now wanting to

dump to get ROI and any losses for a positive ledger on their now *obsolete equipment*

without any information on the 'supposed' network for cloud storage and progress by sia-tech, I'm guessing the best bet is just mine and convert to BTC to

be safe. But conflicted...

what are the rest of you thinking on this fork cluster***k?

brad

So you're unhappy with current $300 per day mining? I guess you're one of those never happy people
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:13:39 PM

Hi, I have an A3 and I've just let it mine on Antpool since I got the thing and let my coins accumulate there. Looks like Antpool is still up mining something. Do we know anything about that chain theyre on and anyone know if youc an claim both form them (I know prob a better question direct to antpool, but figured id ask here)

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:25:28 AM

RIP to the overload of SIA miners that have been dumping daily - killing the SIA price and destroying our supporting miners. NO MORE - it stops NOW. Finally.

Miners that give a #@#$%@ about SIA and community are back in control.

Check out all of the daily miner SIA dumps happening for the last time today ... Good riddance to all of you and may the door hit you on the way out! So long Jihan and Bitmain crew that has rekt SIA's pricing support for far too long.

Also, SIA > USD --- This is really big news, Don't see the other coins/tokens getting USD support at POLO & Bittrex.

Something brewing with SIA, the infrastructure occurring on exchanges is incredible.

how do ASIC miners kill SIA price? you must be so naive to say such a thing, the price of anything on this planet is driven by supply and demand. so here came the hardfork , what's up now? will the supply decrease? of course not, other people with Obelisk miners will mine the coin and of course MANY will exchange that to BTC or FIAT to pay their power bill and ROI on their investment ! . 99% of POW coins are mined using ASICs . not a big deal !

what you should ask yourself is this, why did SIA hardforked against  ASICs that they do not have a direct $$$$ from their sales? very simple !

The SC team joined the mining business, invested a lot of money and of course expected a huge return ! what happened then ? they get f**d by innosilicon and bitmain ! why? simply because those giant manufactures are a couple of million years ahead ! .

so what to do to protect your investments? simple, hardfork !

if SIA forked against every ASIC like XMR did , then ya it would makes sense when bring centralization /51% attack  and whatever other bullshit. but when a hardfork goes against X,Y companies but allowing Z to mine it, then you should know the answer yourself.

this hardfork only shows how immature this coin and the team are.

what do you think they are going to do if bitmain or inno drop another bomb on their Obelisk miners again ? hardfork and hardfork and hardfork.

take ETH , ZEN , ZEC and many other coins that had recently started being mined on ASICs , what did the dev teams do about it ? hardfork ? nop ! they are busy with improving their project. while the SIA team are so busy trying to make $$$ of their poorly made ASICs. see you can't do so many things at the same time, you either focus on the project or on manufacturing ASICs.

as for the SC price, it has been declining since the fork. while most other coins that are mined using ASICs are gaining some good value.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JerryStt

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:38:37 AM

RIP to the overload of SIA miners that have been dumping daily - killing the SIA price and destroying our supporting miners. NO MORE - it stops NOW. Finally.

Check out all of the daily miner SIA dumps happening for the last time today ... Good riddance to all of you and may the door hit you on the way out! So long Jihan and Bitmain crew that has rekt SIA's pricing support for far too long.

Also, SIA > USD --- This is really big news, Don't see the other coins/tokens getting USD support at POLO & Bittrex.

Something brewing with SIA, the infrastructure occurring on exchanges is incredible.

how do ASIC miners kill SIA price? you must be so naive to say such a thing, the price of anything on this planet is driven by supply and demand. so here came the hardfork , what's up now? will the supply decrease? of course not, other people with Obelisk miners will mine the coin and of course MANY will exchange that to BTC or FIAT to pay their power bill and ROI on their investment ! . 99% of POW coins are mined using ASICs . not a big deal !

what you should ask yourself is this, why did SIA hardforked against  ASICs that they do not have a direct $$$$ from their sales? very simple !

The SC team joined the mining business, invested a lot of money and of course expected a huge return ! what happened then ? they get f**d by innosilicon and bitmain ! why? simply because those giant manufactures are a couple of million years ahead ! .

if SIA forked against every ASIC like XMR did , then ya it would makes sense when bring centralization /51% attack  and whatever other bullshit. but when a hardfork goes against X,Y companies but allowing Z to mine it, then you should know the answer yourself.

what do you think they are going to do if bitmain or inno drop another bomb on their Obelisk miners again ? hardfork and hardfork and hardfork.

take ETH , ZEN , ZEC and many other coins that had recently started being mined on ASICs , what did the dev teams do about it ? hardfork ? nop ! they are busy with improving their project. while the SIA team are so busy trying to make $$$ of their poorly made ASICs. see you can't do so many things at the same time, you either focus on the project or on manufacturing ASICs.

as for the SC price, it has been declining since the fork. while most other coins that are mined using ASICs are gaining some good value.

we can all see; this person clueless as to algo[pricing]network effect&hash.

this is posting phrases of ignorance never knowing  
the nonsense must be a joke.nobody would post
itss over now, thank U SiA devs for forking away from troll types that have no knowledges an not learn or understand how hash works.
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:49:06 AM

one thing that i was thinking, is that the fork will maybe give some high light to siacoin.

in fact, siacoin is showing that bitmain are in a real control of most part of coins. for 1 rig sold they can do 9 more for them self.... they mine and sell inefficient machine that are obsolete at the time you receive it.

read this 2 article, very interresting:

https://blog.sia.tech/the-state-of-cryptocurrency-mining-538004a37f9b

https://medium.com/gobytenetwork/siacoin-developer-asics-are-money-printing-machines-for-manufacturers-b7ea3cb9a0ff

i mean, i saw dgb plunging at 17sat then moon above 2000sat... i mean dgb is a really Sh*** project with every time big realise, big partnership, dgb fast, soon to 1$ and this sine the begging, i know i was in since first day (sorry for dgb sect groups) blablabla i mean...

Siacoin is a real project, you see that they want change the rules for a better crypto world...

it is very stupid to believe that bitmain mine for them selves simply because
1- there is only so much power/space bitmain can afford to have/risk
2- there is a competition factor that forces asics manufacturers to RELEASE their asics before they become obsolete.

also what makes you think obelisk can't/won't do the same thing if it was technically and economically possible?.

I hate bitmain much more than any other thing on the planet, but let us be honest ! . every company is there to make profit ! . obelisk is no different. the only differnce between obelisk and bitmain is that bitmain know what they are doing while obelisk don't !. make a very expensive ASIC and try to sell it ! fail ! do not worry a hardfork will save you for now !

talk about control and centralization ! ok there you go it is worse than ever for sia , 99% of the total hash-rate is now under control of obelisk!  .

bitmain has well over 60% of the total BITCOIN hashrate for YEARS ! , they can simply perform a 51% attack and finish this crypto market for good !. but what for ?

if Siacoin team really believed in fair-mining they would either have forked against ALL asics , or never came up with their stupid obelisk in the first place.

regardless of how you try to convince yourself that SIA team are trying to protect crypto, they are simply only protecting their INVESTMENTS. i know it is hard to see the truth for someone who has a big faith in SIA or for someone sitting on a huge bag bought at ATH but one day you will wake up and smell the coffee.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JerryStt

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:58:16 AM

we can all see; this person clueless as to algo[pricing]network effect&hash.

this is posting phrases of ignorance never knowing  
the nonsense must be a joke.nobody would post
itss over now, thank U SiA devs for forking away from troll types that have no knowledges an not learn or understand how hash works.

lol you really do think that hashrate affect the price?  you sir are dumb as hell.

it is persons like this SiA glad to fork away from,
 nonsense ignorance posted; lost vote; rambling on about nothing productive

an he never understand how SiA price and supply with hashrate or learn.
iwhoss

Activity: 203
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 02:59:00 AM
Merited by mikeywith (1)

I would like to introduce the Sia community to the SiaClassic Foundation! Join us and let's keep the conversation going on the SiaClassic BTT! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5056837.0

SiaClassic is a continuation of the original vision of a decentralized storage platform, where anyone can store files securely and privately on other users’ spare hard drive space. Utilizing techniques such as encryption, sharding, and redundancy, SiaClassic aims to create a viable alternative to centralized hosting providers such as Amazon, Google, and Microsoft.

Declaration of Independence: https://medium.com/siaclassic/siaclassic-declaration-of-independence-315284c56147
Founding Principles and Goals: https://medium.com/siaclassic/the-community-goals-and-founding-principles-of-the-siaclassic-foundation-3a27c2f1d915

HOW TO GET SIACLASSIC?
Make sure your SC is being stored in a wallet you have the private keys to. Do not leave in an exchange. When our wallet is released, it will work with the same keys, and you will have all the coins that you had in your Siacoin wallet, prior to the hard fork.

We also recommend that you don't update your Sia wallet to 1.3.7 but leave it at 1.3.5 or lower. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sia-UI v 1.3.5 https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v1.3.5

MINING POOLS

You can mine SiaClassic in the following pools:

👉 Poolin.com https://help.poolin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018798311-Poolin-com-Announcement-about-Sia-Hardfork-and-Poolin-Mining-Service-for-SiaClassic

👉 SiaMining.com https://classic.siamining.com/

👉 f2pool.com https://blog.f2pool.com/en/announcement-en/sc_hard_fork_en

NODES

The following nodes will continue to run version 1.3.4 post fork:

New York City

Amsterdam

Bangalore

San Francisco

Paris

Toronto

London

Singapore

Port: 9981

To connect to these nodes from your Sia-UI wallet, use the following commands:

Linux/Unix:
siac gateway connect 178.128.136.54:9981

Windows
gateway connect 178.128.136.54:9981

RESOURCES
http://siaclassic.org/
https://discord.gg/Mdmt5jJ
https://medium.com/siaclassic
Twitter - https://twitter.com/siaclassic
Facebook - https://Facebook.com/thesiaclassicfoundation
Reddit - https://reddit.com/r/siaclassic

███ PrinterDAO █   Decentralized Printing on the blockchain ███                      
Collectable Printing platfrom
█ [Iintroduction of the Printer $PRINT token ] [BITCOINTALK] [Reddit] [Telegram] [TWITTER] [Discord] █
litecoingva

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:10:10 AM

you are right mikeywith it's a good point of view. but why you are so angry about all this ? it's crypto will see where all this go. now we have 2 project 2 chains obelisk vs sia... will see what happen. for my part i'm happy i bought the dip  and now i have maybe siaprime and siaclassic... it's a gift.

for me i would love to compare hashrate of siacoin vs siaclassic please help Smiley

@GODofUSD
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:12:29 AM

lol you really do think that hashrate affect the price?  you sir are dumb as hell.

------------------------------

oh ok i get it, now. i am sorry i just did not know that you are so clueless to think that more hashrate = more coins generated = more supply = lower price.

i thought you knew this equation is wrong because my 6 year old son knows it. but since you really are this naive. i decide not to reply to your comments anymore, and i advice you seek immediate help from www.google.com  Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JerryStt

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:17:50 AM

lol you really do think that hashrate affect the price?  you sir are dumb as hell.

------------------------------

oh ok i get it, now. i am sorry i just did not know that you are so clueless to think that more hashrate = more coins generated = more supply = lower price.

i thought you knew this equation is wrong because my 6 year old son knows it. but since you really are this naive. i decide not to reply to your comments anymore, and i advice you seek immediate help from www.google.com  Grin

mikey is here for attention. he is ignored elsewhere.
another SiA butthurt

helpless
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:24:10 AM

you are right mikeywith it's a good point of view. but why you are so angry about all this ? it's crypto will see where all this go. now we have 2 project 2 chains obelisk vs sia... will see what happen. for my part i'm happy i bought the dip  and now i have maybe siaprime and siaclassic... it's a gift.

for me i would love to compare hashrate of siacoin vs siaclassic please help Smiley

i am not angry, really, do i seem angry ? lol ok i just read my comments and ya i do seem like an angry whale who has got a huge farm loaded with bitmain and inno miners. but really I am not affected by this fork by any means. I just do not like the way the dev went about protecting their investment and they put on a show of how they are trying to protect us while they were only and mainly protecting their investments !.

anyway as for the hash rate .  i do not know , but i think siamining.com is the biggest pool for sia. and it shows 251 TH/s for sia and  24.7 PH/s for sia classic.
PH=1000 TH .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JerryStt

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:31:36 AM

i am not angry, really, do i seem angry ? lol ok i just read my comments and ya i do seem like an angry whale who has got a huge farm loaded with bitmain and inno miners. but really I am not affected by this fork by any means. I just do not like the way the dev went about protecting their investment and they put on a show of how they are trying to protect us while they were only and mainly protecting their investments !.

anyway as for the hash rate .  i do not know , but i think siamining.com is the biggest pool for sia. and it shows 251 TH/s for sia and  24.7 PH/s for sia classic.
PH=1000 TH .

ur angry it is hard for u to understand the mistakes you have now made. can see you are also confused pool vs miners.
iwhoss

Activity: 203
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 03:41:55 AM

https://explorer.siahub.info/ - This is an unmaintained explorer, so it says its for siacoin, but it actually hasn't been update to the new chain, so this shows SiaClassic Hashrate. You can compare with the SiaCoin Hashrate here https://siastats.info/

███ PrinterDAO █   Decentralized Printing on the blockchain ███                      
Collectable Printing platfrom
█ [Iintroduction of the Printer $PRINT token ] [BITCOINTALK] [Reddit] [Telegram] [TWITTER] [Discord] █
litecoingva

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:51:49 AM

now i understand... he is affraid about the hasrate and difficulty because he have not an obelisk and he is afraid to see all this loosing money ?

@GODofUSD
ikill4food2

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:02:59 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 06:57:27 AM by ikill4food2

Yes, can clearly see why you are confused... you believed the SIA price would rise 1 day after the fork  Shocked    ...it explains why you do not understand what is happening... SIA Dev site has wonderful Q&A, Wiki's, etc. - all of the information is available... Not sure why you are so angry at everyone here, it looks as everyone is trying to help you.

As we move forward, the future is extremely bright for Sia! Congrats to the Sia Dev team for their groundbreaking work on a truly solid project!
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 08:58:47 AM

are the Obelisks making any profit after the Sia fork?

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:11:42 AM

are the Obelisks making any profit after the Sia fork?

https://whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-blake-2b

$30 000 per year seems nice profit

Judging by current hashrate, many Obelisks are not turned on yet
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: