Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:53:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0  (Read 152993 times)
spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:13:25 PM

“Therefore, rejoice, heaven and you who live there!
But woe to you, land and sea, for the adversary has come down to you,
and he is very angry, because he knows that his time is short!”

Must be tough to be a troll knowing that you have so little time left before 2.0 appears.

I notice trolls are coming out of the woodwork in these last days like insects from a burning log.

Smiley

Stan, you shouldn't really start tarring every dissenting voice with the troll brush. I know its tough to post here with DE's inane ramblings (who probably should try and prop up his beloved coin), but there are a lot of 'investors' who are aggrieved because of one reason or the other.

The testnet was working decently enough and I see that BM has now shifted to 5 sec blocks which to me is a positive step. While '1 sec blocks' makes for a nice slogan, I wonder how necessary it is. 10 seconds was good enough for me and 5 sec should do the job. I would rather that BM makes a small blockchain which I can download and run a full node rather than rely in a light wallet.

Agreed.  I welcome dissenting voices who can explain their dissent coherently like an adult.

The plan is to cut block times gradually for the reasons you stated - from 10s to 5s to 3s to 1s as the code matures.

But once you've used it at 1s its pretty addicting. 

As for the stand-alone wallet, that's coming too.  But we want to lower the barriers for incoming newbies in the referral pipelines, so web wallets are a key new user on-ramp strategy.

Is there any plan to start pruning the blockchain after the one second blocks start? Given a few years of that speed the blockchain will become bigger than bitcoin's. The bitcoin devs are already moving in the direction of adopting pruning. The latest wallet lets you remove some bloat after you have downloaded the entire blockchain. BitShares 2.0 could do the same, or take it further.
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:49:12 PM

<snip>

Is there any plan to start pruning the blockchain after the one second blocks start? Given a few years of that speed the blockchain will become bigger than bitcoin's. The bitcoin devs are already moving in the direction of adopting pruning. The latest wallet lets you remove some bloat after you have downloaded the entire blockchain. BitShares 2.0 could do the same, or take it further.

The architecture supports it and individual nodes could choose to do so without impacting their ability to serve.
We expect most nodes to keep it all, but should all nodes agree to prune, then it would be effectively the same
event as the snapshot and pitch fork that will take place in upgrading from 1.0 to 2.0.

At the rate at which earth shattering innovations are happening in this space, it may be a problem we will never encounter.

But several paths forward are there if we do.

Smiley
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:45:51 PM

relax...it all happens automatically.. When Bitcoin2.0 launches in October, your coins will be automatically transferred into the new smartchain.

I'll just keep my BTS on my paper wallet until BitShares 2.0 is released. After that, I'll just import it into the new wallet (if it's possible)  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:13:07 PM

Will enjoy watching this go to 4k sat.

Polo is rocking it with the volume these days! First ETH... and now both BTS and ETH at the same time.

It's been a long time comin'
It's goin' to be a long time gone

Crosby, Stills and Nash
Long Time Gone

Smiley
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:18:58 AM

I'll just keep my BTS on my paper wallet until BitShares 2.0 is released. After that, I'll just import it into the new wallet (if it's possible)  Smiley

I bought 5 BTC worth of Bitshares back when the price was up at 5k sats. I left it on BTER because I was clueless about how the Bitshares wallet worked (still am) and decided I was more at risk off the exchange than on. Then BTER got hacked. Then it came back and my Bitshares are still there to this day.

If they get back above water I might take them off. Maybe the Fed will raise rates today and overnight repo market liquidity will dry up and all the stock buybacks will stop, the valuations will tank, the dependent derivative markets will blow up causing banks to cave and by next week demand for a high liquidity,  stable value, elastic, "borrowed into existence" crypto will have skyrocketed.

I might get my bitshares off the exchange at that point  Wink

P.S.....

It's been a long time comin'
It's goin' to be a long time gone[/b]

Nosby, Stills and Crash

...here's a very cool version of that track for passing time while we're waiting on said "scenario":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qJw4X6okfQ
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:48:13 PM

they didnt raise rates as i suspected
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:36:08 PM

I bought 5 BTC worth of Bitshares back when the price was up at 5k sats. I left it on BTER because I was clueless about how the Bitshares wallet worked (still am) and decided I was more at risk off the exchange than on. Then BTER got hacked. Then it came back and my Bitshares are still there to this day.

You are crazy to leave them at bter.  I am pretty sure that bter lost a ton of BTS in the hack and have been running a fractional reserve for months.  Most everybody else already withdrew theirs, are you going to be the last guy to withdraw, and find out they have none left?
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:00:43 PM

You are crazy to leave them at bter.  I am pretty sure that bter lost a ton of BTS in the hack and have been running a fractional reserve for months.  Most everybody else already withdrew theirs, are you going to be the last guy to withdraw, and find out they have none left?

I still have some BTS on an exchange but haven't withdraw the funds yet because I'm lazy  Tongue   Need to transfer those BTS to my paper wallet before something unexpected happens  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pito001

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:07:12 PM

Will enjoy watching this go to 4k sat.

Polo is rocking it with the volume these days! First ETH... and now both BTS and ETH at the same time.

you mean 40k? Grin Cool

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:09:16 PM

polo is so refreshing to see after watching months and months of china btc38 dumping and manipulation Wink so happy to have those chinese whales have to buy higher when all is said and done
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:14:06 PM

polo is so refreshing to see after watching months and months of china btc38 dumping and manipulation Wink so happy to have those chinese whales have to buy higher when all is said and done
ya i was looking at it on polo a few weeks ago around 1700 i should have bought a bunch, it seems it is doing pretty good on polo now i just noticed it went past 2500 sats again  Shocked

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 06:31:54 PM

ya i was looking at it on polo a few weeks ago around 1700 i should have bought a bunch, it seems it is doing pretty good on polo now i just noticed it went past 2500 sats again  Shocked

the price is pretty nice at the moment. I think it'll rise even more once 2.0 is in the wild Smiley

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:57:29 PM

the price is pretty nice at the moment. I think it'll rise even more once 2.0 is in the wild Smiley

In the grand scheme of things its not that nice yet, remember we are at the 2014 LOW which was the alltime low here before... we are at IPO price currently so its actually dirt cheap if we consider it a project for the future.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 04:24:06 PM

Prepare your BitShares Wallet for Migration

You have to backup your keys for an easy migration to 2.0. It's a little how to Smiley

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 05:06:42 PM

Aah, don't worry. I bought 10'000 at 1500 satoshis only to sell 'em because I was afraid that it rose because of a temporary pump. I rebought the same haunch above 2500: well above the price I had sold at.

More than you know, this is par for the course. It's actually damned hard to pick out a turn in the tide, because it always resembles a sucker rally at first. So don't sweat it. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 08:08:43 AM

Hello!

As artist,i have no other things to offer the community but my artworks.
I made this painting last month.

- BITSHARES ATTACK -Original painting,80 cm x 90 cm,acrylic on wood with frames,certificate

250 USD
-Shipping not included-

click to ZOOM

I have to ask: do you accept BitUSD? Smiley

start the art

Activity: 395
Merit: 408

Bitcoin OG artworks collection

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 08:34:59 AM

I accept BitUSD and Nubits also

Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:34:33 PM

Hello!

As artist,i have no other things to offer the community but my artworks.
I made this painting last month.

- BITSHARES ATTACK -Original painting,80 cm x 90 cm,acrylic on wood with frames,certificate

250 USD
-Shipping not included-

Payment:Bitshares,Bitcoin....

click to ZOOM

Excellent artwork. I like this. You're very talented person in painting

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 04:05:27 PM

BitShares, Testnet Highlight 1000 TPS

Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:48:24 PM

Now this is some progress there. With this TPS it could rival Visa and become a very successful decentralized payment system. It's good to see these improvements in Bitshares, having said that it's latest iteration will bring crypto to the masses (hopefully)  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: