Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is A Social Justice Warrior (SJW)?  (Read 43285 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:17:26 PM

SHANLEY! PLEASE COME BACK TO TWITTER, WE BEG YOU

I come to you, gentle reader, cap in hand, head bowed with shame, riddled with regret, overcome with sorrow. Forgive me, Twitter, for I have sinned.

I never anticipated and certainly never intended for Shanley Kane, the most gloriously abusive feminist troll on the internet, to ever delete her social media accounts merely because she lost an argument with me.

Had I realised the terrible result — the horrible sense of longing, the aching void, the awful and unshakeable loss I feel — at not being able to enjoy Shanley’s astonishing, foul-mouthed daily outbursts, I would never have engaged her in a conversation that might have led to her ragequit this week.

Because Shanley was by a considerable margin the best thing about Twitter. No one else better demonstrated the nuttiness, the craziness, the sheer unadulterated lunacy of the social justice tendency on social media than Queen Shanley.

Where are we now, without her vile invective spewing forth on unsuspecting members of the public at all hours of the day?

What have I done, robbing the world of her grotesque band of obsequious beta male groupies who hung on her every word in the remote hope of a hand job?

How will I ever forgive myself for having prompted this dear sweet innocent paragon of social justice who, yes, sure, okay, just a few short years ago was a vile racist troll banging a notorious white supremacist hacker, but shush, shush, shush…

Truly, I did not mean for this to happen when I responded to her latest barrage of nonsensical abuse by calmly pointing out that we would continue to report on her terrorising of the tech community until she stopped doing it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/23/shanley-please-come-back-to-twitter-we-beg-you/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:35:01 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/deadly-us-shooting-becomes-ghoulish-internet-hit-002819018.html;_ylt=AwrC0CMk_t5VDzwA23LQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBybGY3bmpvBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/26/active-shooter-reportedly-attacks-tv-crew-in-virginia/?intcmp=hpbt1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3211529/WDBJ7-reporter-Alison-Parker-Adam-Ward-shot-live-TV-Moneta-gunman.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3212142/The-human-tape-recorder-TV-murderer-criticized-bosses-appalling-journalistic-standards-reprimanded-wearing-Obama-badge-report-elections.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:38:50 PM

University of Tennessee to students: Diversity means using new made-up pronouns for trans students

Via the Examiner, I’d do what they say. In our alarming new culture of rage against microaggressions, doing otherwise might get you shot.

Rather than make brutish assumptions that someone who looks like a boy is a boy and someone who looks like a girl is a girl, the campus diversity office recommends starting the semester by asking everyone to provide their names “and pronouns.” Or better yet, why not just use new pronouns that are gender-neutral? It’ll spare you an ephemeral awkward moment when you happen to encounter someone from the tiny fraction of the tiny fraction of the population that not only identifies as trans but doesn’t want to be referred to by the pronoun of the gender they physically appear to be.

Not to play this stupid game, but I’m curious: Why does “they/them/their” turn into “xe/xem/xyr” instead of the more logical “zey/zem/zeir”? Also, why isn’t “they/them/their” proper usage for someone who’s trans, whether singular or plural? I mean, purely in terms of how it scans, “xyr” is an abomination.

Also, I’m not sure I grasp the difference between “hir/hirs” and “zir/zirs.” Which one should you use for Caitlyn Jenner? One, I think, is for a man who identifies as a woman and the other for a woman who identifies as a man, but I’ll be damned if I know which terms applies to which. The whole point of this exercise, I thought, was not to make any judgments about gender based on appearance. Doesn’t the need to choose between “hir” and “zir” force you to do that?

Either way, with respect to Caitlyn, looks increasingly like ze’s going to prison.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/28/university-of-tennessee-to-students-diversity-means-using-new-made-up-pronouns-for-trans-students/

andysbizz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:18:58 PM

SJW is usually used for people who have a very extreme view on ideology.Many of them are authoritarian in in their mindset. They believe that there is only one right way, and it's theirs

It's true and there is nothing to do
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:24:22 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2015, 03:39:13 PM by Wilikon

SJW is usually used for people who have a very extreme view on ideology.Many of them are authoritarian in in their mindset. They believe that there is only one right way, and it's theirs

It's true and there is nothing to do

You can stop being silent about them or it is the death of freedom of speech.

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:33:58 PM

I would say no except for the text he embedded in the genesis block about bank bailouts second round. Seems there may have been a political agenda from the beginning, given this technology is such a powerful tool for seizing power from government/banks/other tyrannical entities that enforce monopolies with threat of violence.

Sorry if I missed it earlier. It was too painful to read the entire thread.

But how do you intend to impose your social "justice" (really social equality - there's nothing just about it) if you plan to taking power away from government?

As far as I can see, the weapons of social justice warriors are the court system, the education system, and an assortment of tribunals, commissions and agencies.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:46:47 PM

I would say no except for the text he embedded in the genesis block about bank bailouts second round. Seems there may have been a political agenda from the beginning, given this technology is such a powerful tool for seizing power from government/banks/other tyrannical entities that enforce monopolies with threat of violence.

Sorry if I missed it earlier. It was too painful to read the entire thread.

But how do you intend to impose your social "justice" (really social equality - there's nothing just about it) if you plan to taking power away from government?

As far as I can see, the weapons of social justice warriors are the court system, the education system, and an assortment of tribunals, commissions and agencies.

... And self doxxing, and trying to send people to prison for exercising their freedom of speech, etc, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzc8glS2r_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICVuTmuFeWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oSxdZcCNlM

Etc... Etc...

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:34:06 PM

I would apply it to what is an -ism.
Because all of them sum to the same;
Every single -ism claims to have the solution to all evil, preaches senseless hate towards what they think it's their enemy, use historical reviews, approaches or plain lies to get a point, the brain-dead who follows an -ism follows it as his football team...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:54:10 AM

I would apply it to what is an -ism.
Because all of them sum to the same;
Every single -ism claims to have the solution to all evil, preaches senseless hate towards what they think it's their enemy, use historical reviews, approaches or plain lies to get a point, the brain-dead who follows an -ism follows it as his football team...

The SJW movemnt will be remembered for adding Moron -ism... to the list.

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:11:32 AM

Well, people in general just wants to be good. The issue is on how can you be good without being mean?
As pointed early, it's somewhat funny to listen to folks with an assassin printed in the shirt (Che Guevara) complaining about Nazis, ignoring they are way alike.
You also get it from those "I support Palestine due to Human Rights violations and yada yada" -> so the Jews must be killed without appeal? Aren't they human also? Or simply have no rights? Or is these people just a group of morons?

Maybe one day people will learn to simply analyze decisions and potential outcomes, other than take one side and being good for that side regardless how hazardous the outcome may be... and then aliens may finally make contact with us.  Grin

I agree with "moron-ism" for classify those fashion-followers "useful idiots".

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:24:48 AM

While the internet was supposed to be a tool to help expand our minds it has only helped closed minded people to live in worlds where they are right no matter how wrong.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:39:08 PM

Well, people in general just wants to be good. The issue is on how can you be good without being mean?
As pointed early, it's somewhat funny to listen to folks with an assassin printed in the shirt (Che Guevara) complaining about Nazis, ignoring they are way alike.
You also get it from those "I support Palestine due to Human Rights violations and yada yada" -> so the Jews must be killed without appeal? Aren't they human also? Or simply have no rights? Or is these people just a group of morons?

Maybe one day people will learn to simply analyze decisions and potential outcomes, other than take one side and being good for that side regardless how hazardous the outcome may be... and then aliens may finally make contact with us.  Grin

100%

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:37:30 PM

VOX DAY BOOK TURNS AMAZON KINDLE STORE INTO BATTLEGROUND

The online culture wars have moved out of comments sections and into Amazon’s Kindle Store.

Following the publication of a book by the controversial sci-fi author Theodore Beale aka Vox Day, two parody e-books surged to the top of the store’s top-100 rankings. The first book was a parody of Day’s work, while the other (which has now been removed from Amazon) mocked John Scalzi, one of Day’s critics.

Day’s book is entitled “SJWs Always Lie: Taking Down the Thought Police”, and is intended to be a serious polemic. The book’s summary describes SJWs (Social Justice Warriors — a term for authoritarian progressive activists) as having “plagued mankind for 150 years” and describes how they “invaded one institution of the cultural high ground after another.” It presents itself as a guide to “understanding, anticipating, and surviving SJW attacks.”

The book includes a foreword from Breitbart associate editor Milo Yiannopoulos and was reviewed positively in the conservative online magazine American Thinker.

Online progressives were not so supportive. Alexandra Erin, a sci-fi writer who described Day’s book as “rehashing old slights”, wrote a short parody of the book for Kindle. Entitled “John Scalzi Is Not A Very Popular Author And I Myself Am Quite Popular: How SJWs Always Lie About Our Comparative Popularity Levels,” the book makes fun of Day’s alleged fixation with the progressive sci-fi author John Scalzi.

Scalzi himself appeared to be delighted with the parody,  saying he “loved it already.” He used the book in a fundraising drive for a charity promoting diversity at sci-fi conventions, promising to release an audio recording of him reading the book if $2,500 was raised within three days. The target was successfully met, and Scalzi subsequently uploaded an audio recording.

Supporters of Vox Day responded by releasing their own parody book, entitled “John Scalzi Is A Rapist: Why SJWs Always Lie In Bed Waiting For His Gentle Touch; A Pretty, Pretty Girl Dreams of Her Beloved One While Pondering Gender Identity, Social Justice, and Body Dysmorphia.”

The counter-parody was removed by Amazon today following complaints from Scalzi. Prior to its removal, it was the top seller in the “parodies” section of the Kindle store, two places ahead of Erin’s book. Kindle top 100 rankings are calculated on an hourly basis, and surges in popularity for titles usually reflect a short, rapid increase in the number of purchases.

Scalzi also asked his followers on social media if “John Scalzi is a rapist” counts as libel. Legal commentator Ken White (also known as Popehat), responded on his blog, saying the book was “almost certainly protected parody.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/09/02/vox-day-book-turns-amazon-kindle-store-into-battleground/

-----------------------------------------------------
I will certainly support this author as I am tired of the sjw army. Only 5 bux? Sold.
http://www.amazon.com/SJWs-Always-Lie-Taking-Thought-ebook/dp/B014GMBUR4

Smiley

runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:05:30 PM

Looks like a good book

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:23:03 PM

Looks like a good book

I will know more about the sjw, even more than the sjw themselves. This book is a strategic weapon.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:24:48 PM

Any of a large number of threads on this forum suggest a much lower bar for hostility and violence against Jews than other groups.  This is both explicit and implicit, both purposeful and unintentional.   Quite an interesting phenomena.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:37:47 PM

Any of a large number of threads on this forum suggest a much lower bar for hostility and violence against Jews than other groups.  This is both explicit and implicit, both purposeful and unintentional.   Quite an interesting phenomena.

When I joined bitcointalk I remember a lot of threads on that subject: basically bitcoin is anti banks. Banks are controlled by jews, thus bitcoin should be anti jews...

I was like... "What the hell!?"

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:06:09 PM

So, just asking what do with Jews then is "lowering the bar"?! This sounds a LOT like "either you're pro-Jew or pro-Palestinian". How about "what the heck do I care about that"?!

|

|
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:14:40 PM

Any of a large number of threads on this forum suggest a much lower bar for hostility and violence against Jews than other groups.  This is both explicit and implicit, both purposeful and unintentional.   Quite an interesting phenomena.

So, just asking what do with Jews then is "lowering the bar"?! This sounds a LOT like "either you're pro-Jew or pro-Palestinian". How about "what the heck do I care about that"?!
That's my attitude entirely.  I am only noting that of posters, a fair minority are highly "anti Jew."  We can presume their nationalities and religious beliefs pretty easily.  But you really don't run into a  lot of "Anti Jordanians" or "Anti-Egypt" or "Anti-Palestine" voices.

As just one example, Muslims would like to play the "Victim" card.  They are victims, they say - of Islamophobia.  They will say this with a straight face and in the next paragraph display JewPhobia.  Essentially the message is "I play victim," "you/they can't."

They will say "Respect (my) religion, don't insult Mohammed," then literally erupt with hatred and slander of Israel.
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:40:06 PM

But why can't they just compromise with the Palestinians?  All the Israelis would have to do is just all die, what's so hard about that? 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: