Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is A Social Justice Warrior (SJW)?  (Read 43285 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:37:47 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 06:10:16 AM

I would assume UTC receives public funding. Doesn't supporting or rallying against people in a run for public office with an organization that receives public funding violate election laws?
jassii

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:32:38 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 04:51:07 AM by jassii

sjw stands for Social justice warrior. it is a pejorative term for a person expressing or promoting socially progressive views, including advocacy for women's rights and civil rights. The phrase originated as a laudatory term for those engaged in social justice. Smiley Smiley
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:01:40 PM

sjw stands for Social justice warrior. it is a pejorative term for a person expressing or promoting socially progressive views, including advocacy for women's rights and civil rights. The phrase originated as a laudatory term for those engaged in social justice. Smiley Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Social_justice_warrior&action=history

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:06:20 PM

I would assume UTC receives public funding. Doesn't supporting or rallying against people in a run for public office with an organization that receives public funding violate election laws?

Laws are violated only if the people in charge of the laws say it is the case. Until then, this cancer will keep spreading...

Law school professors say posting ‘All Lives Matter’ flier was an ‘incident of intolerance’

Earlier this month, someone left a hand-written flier on the door of a faculty member’s office at American University’s Washington College of Law that read, “All Lives Matter.”

It didn’t go unnoticed.

That phrase — to some, code language for a racist rejection of an important cultural wake-up call, for others, an idealistic appeal for a simple, more universal truth — set off a series of reactions.

A large group of faculty were offended, saying the phrase was used by white supremacists. Students held a community forum.

And a couple of professors on a national civil-rights commission asked the dean, incredulously, “What is wrong with your faculty and staff members?”

The variety of responses, and their intensity, illustrated how fraught the topic of race is on campuses across the country, how divisive, and how alert people are to differences.

Last year, the slogan “Black Lives Matter” spread nationally after several black men were killed by police in circumstances that touched off controversy and protests; the phrase became for many a symbol of a nascent and powerful civil-rights movement.

After spring break, Washington College of Law Dean Claudio Grossman wrote to the law school community to tell them of the “very disturbing incident.”

The flier was left anonymously on the door of the office of a faculty member “with a national reputation for doing important work on issues of racial justice in the criminal justice system.”

Grossman wrote that, “Although the phrase ‘All Lives Matter’ may sound benign, it sometimes has been used as a rallying cry by some groups who oppose the Black Lives Matter Movement and seek to silence it.”

Scores of faculty signed a letter decrying the flier, writing, in part, “… the message appears intended by the messenger to be an attempt to silence and intimidate an opposing viewpoint, not an effort to communicate a different perspective.

“… The ‘All Lives Matter’ sign might seem to be a benign message with no ill intent, but it has become a rallying cry for many who espouse ideas of white supremacy and overt racism, as well as those who do not believe the laws should equally protect those who have a different skin color or religion.”

Then two members of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights — speaking as individuals, not for the commission — wrote to the dean.

“The response of American University faculty and staff was nothing short of Orwellian,” Gail Heriot and Peter Kirsanow wrote, in part. They also wrote:

“Nearly sixty members of the law faculty and staff signed a letter calling this an ‘act of intolerance,’ because it refers to ‘all lives’ rather than only ‘black lives.’

“This makes American University look foolish.

“Even sillier, the letter calls this obviously true statement — that the lives of all members of the human species are valuable — ‘a rallying cry for many who espouse ideas of white supremacy.’

“While we know that President Obama has stated that ‘all lives matter,’ we are not personally aware of any cases in which white supremacists (a rare species these days) have made that statement.

“Equating a student making a legitimate and utterly unobjectionable point with a white supremacist is nonsensical.”

(Obama, in explaining why he does not think the phrase “Black Lives Matter” is offensive and that he does not think the protesters are suggesting other people’s lives don’t matter, said in October, “I think everybody understands all lives matter.”)

By phone, Heriot, a professor of law at the University of San Diego, said that when she saw the letter from the professors, “My reaction was that this was — quite outrageous. I just wish that people in positions of authority, like members of a law-school faculty, would try not to make things worse by engaging in name-calling of this kind.

“I thought this was an occasion upon which I really needed to say something. If nobody talks back — things just spiral out of control.

“Lawyers need to be trained to deal with situations with sympathy for both sides, understanding the argument on both sides. And to accuse someone of making such an unobjectionable statement as being allied with white supremacists is over the top.”

It’s a sign of the times, she said. “I don’t think this would have happened 30 years ago, or five years ago. The world is getting more politically tribal. It worries me a lot. I’m not just seeing it in this instance but in  many situations,” she said.

A spokeswoman for the law school said in an emailed statement: “Our response to this letter is everyone is entitled to his or her view, including two of the eight members of the Commission. The school has already expressed its view.”

Last week, students held an event promoted as a “WCL Community Town Hall Meeting addressing ‘All Lives Matter.’ ” Students from the group that organized it and from the Black Law Students Association did not respond to requests for comment.

“The letter sent to our community following the original event was overwhelmingly well received here, and students sympathetic to the letter organized an open forum in March that went very well,” the school spokeswoman wrote. “There has been no other issue on this topic inside the law school during the last month.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/04/04/law-school-professors-say-posting-all-lives-matter-flier-was-an-incident-of-intolerance/

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 03:39:28 PM

Laws are violated only if the people in charge of the laws say it is the case. Until then, this cancer will keep spreading...

I don't know if you think you are telling me something I don't know or what... but regardless this can be used to put pressure on schools trying to prohibit what amounts to purely political speech. One things schools respond quickly to is liability, much more than PC issues. IMO this should be looked into.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:38:05 PM

I don't know if you think you are telling me something I don't know or what... but regardless this can be used to put pressure on schools trying to prohibit what amounts to purely political speech. One things schools respond quickly to is liability, much more than PC issues. IMO this should be looked into.

When I reply I understand the context that a lot of people are reading the conversation. I knew you knew this obviously.

https://www.thefire.org/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:33:01 PM

Insane in the brain

Cheesy

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:34:30 PM

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:51:02 PM

Protestors go crazy during The Triggering event at UMass

This is what a SJW looks like...

Grin

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:10:49 AM

What Is A Social Justice Warrior (SJW)?

Kinda like the sludge in your car engine.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:10:50 PM

Cool

Are you saying driving a Tesla Model X is kinda like annihilating sjw from the fabric of existence?

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:15:56 PM

Cool

Are you saying driving a Tesla Model X is kinda like annihilating sjw from the fabric of existence?

Smiley

No. I am saying that we should drive cars that have two-cycle engines so that there wouldn't be any sludge buildup.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:09:08 PM

Cool

Smiley

No. I am saying that we should drive cars that have two-cycle engines so that there wouldn't be any sludge buildup.

Cool

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:24:03 PM

Cool

Smiley

Cool

Smiley

Come on!  You just made that picture, didn't you?    Cheesy

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:23:29 PM

^ Yep!

Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:07:38 PM

Protestors go crazy during The Triggering event at UMass

This is what a SJW looks like...

Grin

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 07:39:15 AM

DENYING ME A BIG MAC IS HATE!
garmerys

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:08:08 PM

People are just looking for a reason to be offended by anything they can find.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 09:13:25 PM

TRIGGLY PUFF

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: