Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 04:30:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450420 times)
fungfung

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:05:51 AM

I think too many people are getting killed with guns. I think we should not sell guns to just anyone. They should be a cop, someone in the military, or something. Well I think just this.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:44:09 PM

All the guns replaced with force shields  Roll Eyes

jayce
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1524

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 01:21:38 PM

Okay I need to put a bulletproof on my body, so if someday gun will be legalized then I can prepare my self to face all of my enemies with gun on their hands. Btw like I said before, we don't need the gun if we are living in no/low crimes area.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:41:23 PM

Okay I need to put a bulletproof on my body, so if someday gun will be legalized then I can prepare my self to face all of my enemies with gun on their hands. Btw like I said before, we don't need the gun if we are living in no/low crimes area.

We should buy the services of a private contractor with guns to keep our living no/low crime rate area safe for our gated community. We can afford it. Tough luck for the others, beyond our gates...

Roll Eyes

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 02:10:02 PM

Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent,not only gun there are so much other stuff that support the violence

Take the United States for example. Nine out of the 10 states having the lowest crime rates there, are states which allow the "right to carry". And it is estimated that, in the US itself, guns are used for self-defense more than 2 million times a year. Now compare this to the number of violent crimes, which is being reported at around 400,000 per year.

You bring up a good point about statistics for self defense, when guns are used to prevent crime. There are not reliable numbers for the amount of times guns PREVENTED a crime by being drawn to scare off, stop, or detain criminals. Most of the time one need not even pull the trigger to prevent crime, violence, or murder. Of course the media never talks about this when it happens because it goes counter to the fear and sensationalism they want to sell you. Think about it for a second, who reports to the police that some one TRIED to mug them but instead ended up running away pissing themselves?
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:14:33 PM

Pope Francis Questions Whether Weapons Manufacturers Can Call Themselves Christian

TURIN, Italy, June 21 (Reuters) – People who manufacture weapons or invest in weapons industries are hypocrites if they call themselves Christian, Pope Francis said on Sunday.

Francis issued his toughest condemnation to date of the weapons industry at a rally of thousands of young people at the end of the first day of his trip to the Italian city of Turin.

“If you trust only men you have lost,” he told the young people in a long, rambling talk about war, trust and politics after putting aside his prepared address.

http://www.trust.org/item/20150621183811-et1rd

BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:17:44 PM

Pope Francis Questions Whether Weapons Manufacturers Can Call Themselves Christian

TURIN, Italy, June 21 (Reuters) – People who manufacture weapons or invest in weapons industries are hypocrites if they call themselves Christian, Pope Francis said on Sunday.

Francis issued his toughest condemnation to date of the weapons industry at a rally of thousands of young people at the end of the first day of his trip to the Italian city of Turin.

“If you trust only men you have lost,” he told the young people in a long, rambling talk about war, trust and politics after putting aside his prepared address.

http://www.trust.org/item/20150621183811-et1rd

The church would know all about being hypocrites. One of the biggest ones themselves.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:56:41 PM

Not to worry 3to5 years time you be begging for gun laws YOUR GUNS WILL BE GONE SOON
 you have no choice the governments coming to get them
you will be out voted soon
your going to see plenty more massacres and your tv news will report them so much it will knock the american people sick .. then you be crying out to ban guns Wink Wink ;
 THE GOVERNMENTS COMING TO GET YOUR GUNS Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1524

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 04:56:07 PM

We should buy the services of a private contractor with guns to keep our living no/low crime rate area safe for our gated community. We can afford it. Tough luck for the others, beyond our gates...

Roll Eyes

Atleast the gun can't be given to all people in our community. I can trust the private contractor with their guns keep our neighborhood, because they have known rules to using it Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
miki77miki

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

stop kidding me

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 05:06:31 PM

Gun control is only so the government has more power over the people. Politicians almost ALWAYS exploit tradagies (Sandy hook shooting, Charleston shooting) to try and push gun control and it is honestly sick, if people accepted guns and weren't brainwashed into thinking everyone that owned a gun or carried a gun is a mass shooter then that would allow law abiding mentally sane citizens to own weapons to defend themselves and their familys rather than cowering in a closet hoping to god that a policeman will arrive before you get shot by a lunatic inside your house.
JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:10:02 PM

I am a European.  I cannot understand why Americans want to have so many people owning guns.

The biggest massacre involving guns happened in Europe. It occurred in a country, which is having one of the toughest gun control laws (Norway) in the world. A lunatic called Anders Behring Breivik was single-handedly able to mow down a total of 77 people, and the policemen present at the scene could not do anything, as they were not armed.
Ok the biggest might have been in Europe, but the frequency and total number killed is much higher in the US than all of Europe combined.

It wasn't that the police present couldn't do anything, he had set off a bomb in the capital city to throw the police off, then he attacked the children on an island that couldn't be quickly reached.
The guy was/is a lunatic and it is dreadful that he managed to get a weapon.  I would prefer that he wasn't able to get a gun, instead of giving lots of people guns to shoot each other in this kind of case (I doubt it would have made a difference as it was a Political Youth camp he attacked, probably not somewhere where people would be armed anyway)

I suppose guns should be banned from everywhere. No guns, extremely less killing, and everybody will leave in peace then. Let only the lawmen, armymen have the guns.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:14:54 PM

Roll Eyes

Atleast the gun can't be given to all people in our community. I can trust the private contractor with their guns keep our neighborhood, because they have known rules to using it Smiley

Why can't you learn the same rules for yourself by yourself? Why can't you trust your hand holding a gun but are willing to trust a stranger payed to protect you?

Trusting oneself is not "given" by anybody. It is a grown up thing you learn...

Cool

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:19:01 PM

I am a European.  I cannot understand why Americans want to have so many people owning guns.

The biggest massacre involving guns happened in Europe. It occurred in a country, which is having one of the toughest gun control laws (Norway) in the world. A lunatic called Anders Behring Breivik was single-handedly able to mow down a total of 77 people, and the policemen present at the scene could not do anything, as they were not armed.
Ok the biggest might have been in Europe, but the frequency and total number killed is much higher in the US than all of Europe combined.

It wasn't that the police present couldn't do anything, he had set off a bomb in the capital city to throw the police off, then he attacked the children on an island that couldn't be quickly reached.
The guy was/is a lunatic and it is dreadful that he managed to get a weapon.  I would prefer that he wasn't able to get a gun, instead of giving lots of people guns to shoot each other in this kind of case (I doubt it would have made a difference as it was a Political Youth camp he attacked, probably not somewhere where people would be armed anyway)

I suppose guns should be banned from everywhere. No guns, extremely less killing, and everybody will leave in peace then. Let only the lawmen, armymen have the guns.

No more guns = love and peace?

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:21:08 PM

Can you think of a good reason why "lawmen" and "armymen" should automatically be granted the trust to carry weapons while your neighbors should not?  Keep in mind that nationalism is a small step away from racism (referring to armymen), and that lawmen have direct influence upon that which they stand to personally gain.

I can't think of one.  And why do so many people seem to think that banning guns will prohibit criminals from violating the ban in the same ways they already dodge the ban on criminal behaviors?  
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:22:55 PM

Why even have a need for an army or even lawmen if we live in peace and love? Maybe because not all are for peace, nor all are for respecting rules and laws?

Do you have a need to lock the door of your home?

EDIT: ^^This^^, before my post.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:25:54 PM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
well, I guess i know your opinion. hehe
Your statement expresses a common misunderstanding about firearms. I have shot for about thirty years and have owned a lot of guns. I still shoot one to three times per week. Pistols, carbines, shotguns, rifles; I practice will all of them. BUT...  despite the belief that guns are for killing, thousands and thousands of us gun owners spend our time shooting pieces of paper with circles on them. I do not kill anything with my target guns except targets, which is what they were designed for.

Hunting is one of the many things that a gun can be used for. Hunting guns are for killing. That may offend someone. But often that person has no problem hiring a guy at a slaughterhouse to slice open the neck of a calf or blow the brains out of a pig with an air compressor. People seem to be ok with violently killing an animal, as long as it was first tortured on a feed-lot.

Then there are the guns specifically for killing people. Most citizens of the planet pay for these guns to be given to their respective military and police efforts. This is socially supported violence against other people. Again, no one seems to want to get their hands dirty. But we do want someone to violently assault certain people. People who think or act differently are historically the main targets.  

Then there is the conceal carry firearm. I am armed everyday with a gun that is for killing, but few who think guns should be banned have any clue about how it all works and the regulations involved. They see things on TV and assume they are legal. In reality the only time one can pull a firearm is To protect your life from an armed person in the act of murdering you, or someone in your immediate presence. If I so much as draw that weapon in public I could go to jail. There are no exceptions to this rule. You can't pull a gun on a thief, or a rapist raping a child in front of you.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4634
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:37:25 PM

Guns cause a lot of problems for some entities here in the U.S.  One of them is that they make it cost effective for people to live on private property in rural environments.  In my area we have pretty close to zero law enforcement and a lot of meth-heads who's source of income includes theft.  Nearly every household has a firearm handy and there is an amazingly low number of confrontational crimes or gun problems of any kind.  It is actually quite rare to need a gun for protection against other humans.  Dispatching wounded animals is the only thing I've needed my guns for.

One county near me has I think zero law enforcement due to economic pressures.  Forestry and fishing have been reduced by environmentalists to a very low level which is causing economic hardship.  The politicians from the population center of our state want to send some money for 'psychological and law enforcement help' to these folks.  The response is basically 'no thanks...we've got things handled.'  This is driving the politicians nuts.

Generally speaking across the whole country gun problems have been diminishing.  This because the FBI did an actual scientific study and formulated a common sense strategy.  Namely, make the cost of mis-using a firearm very high.  The main 'problem' we have is that certain classes of people have, for whatever reason, really made a big push on the 'problem'.  Noting the actual reason why our 2nd amendment exists one does not need to be to conspiratorial to wonder what the fuss is all about.  The big problem for these folks seems to be that, just like terrorism, there is not enough gun violence and they need to invent more of it.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Anony

Activity: 308

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:41:13 PM

Not based in the US, it seems to me that all these mass shootings tend to happen in places where there is gun control.  I think it is quite obvious, if someone is going to rob you or your home or try to shoot up a place they will probably do this in a place they know there are no guns for people to defend themselves and stop these things after the first shot.

people stab people  are we going to ban cutlery?

I have not been affected by guns so this is just my opinion from the outside.

Can children keep guns and carry it to school? Can law abiding citizens carry the guns to malls? What if you are on streets and suddenly someone starts shooting? These are the most cases happening in America that whole world is watching.

I think sometimes video games could affected children mind and the children feel that would be great if they can do that in real life. imo we need focus to the point why the shooters did that, not blame to the stuff that used by them. If they want to rob people, so it will be also happened with the knife in their hand.

But can a person rob a mall full of people with a knife? It is not about what can happen and what cannot. It is about the necessity of keeping guns. I just want to know if it is really necessary to keep guns?

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:30:56 PM

I just want to know if it is really necessary to keep guns?
Let's hope we don't start outlawing things unless we need them. America is a country filled to the brim whit stuff we do not need.

The greatest need is tied to our form of government, which requires us to fight and die against our own people if they become corrupt. That is a powerful statement and hard for us to understand. But the people who made this government knew that all of your rights are utterly meaningless without an armed populace. Look at our supposed rights to keep the government out of our lives. What is that worth now that we know that our government is spying on us with no regard for our privacy? And now the government wants our guns? As a law abiding citizen of the United States it my duty and responsibility to say NO.   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:32:46 PM

I just want to know if it is really necessary to keep guns?
Let's hope we don't start outlawing things unless we need them. America is a country filled to the brim whit stuff we do not need.

The greatest need is tied to our form of government, which requires us to fight and die against our own people if they become corrupt. That is a powerful statement and hard for us to understand. But the people who made this government knew that all of your rights are utterly meaningless without an armed populace. Look at our supposed rights to keep the government out of our lives. What is that worth now that we know that our government is spying on us with no regard for our privacy? And now the government wants our guns? As a law abiding citizen of the United States it my duty and responsibility to say NO.   
So why not keep your guns locked up in the range no need to take it home Cheesy
i bet shooting targets is really good fun so i have no problem with that..
just leave your guns at the range Grin Grin

more guns more deaths
 and as someone pointed out you have more chance of getting shot by someone you know than a stranger trying to rob you or invading your home
NO MORE WALKING AROUND LIKE JOHN WAYNE ITS OVER
YOUR GOVERNMENTS COMING TO GET YOUR GUNS  Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Shocked Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: