Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 11:16:02 PM

Need people control more.

Lots of control. Put all people into strait-jackets. Let robots do all the labor, and force feed people and wipe their rears.

I mean. Where do we draw the line. People are going to die of old age anyway. Let them be totally free while they are alive so they can enjoy life.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 01:03:03 AM

There are countries where guns are not allowed and where people haven't even heard a gun shot. But no, the US knows better. Because John Wayne fans want to be all cowboys.

... and all French men ride bicycles around wearing a horizontal black and white striped shirt and a beret with a loaf of french bread under their arm, and a wedge of cheese in their hand and a bottle of wine under the other arm while they twirl their mustaches.

Any other stereotypes derived from entertainment media you would like to throw out there to justify your opinions?
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:31:10 PM

My only opinion is that people can do whatever they want. But going around with deadly weapons is not something that they should be allowed to do. You can be free and happy without a gun.

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:39:56 PM

My only opinion is that people can do whatever they want. But going around with deadly weapons is not something that they should be allowed to do. You can be free and happy without a gun.
No cause you can't defend yourself. Whereas if you own a gun, the society becomes much less violent and violent crimes and rapes are less frequent!

Oh wait.... In fact... No...  Tongue

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:50:34 PM

Who gives a fuck what the French think about our domestic laws? What are they going to do? Not call us for help again next time they get their asses kicked?

Dude if you don't want my opinion don't go on a thread named "your opinion on guns' control".
For the "not call us for help" part, yeah thanks when you see how you screwed us after I wonder if nazis were not better...
And I like it how WWII is the proof of French incapacity to protect themselves and American great heart but how Lafayette is forgotten.

I'll take the time to read your links later. But as I said and as you ignored, I apologized for the misunderstanding of the stats you provided. I can't really give you more than an apology. But it doesn't demonstrate your point as I was talking about violent crimes. Of course you could argue that "making a population safe" aso includes minor crimes like thefts. But guns won't increase thief, that's rather obvious there is no corelation between the two.

So I was talking about violent crimes rates and homicides. That's why I was talking about mass shootings.

And if my opinion offenses you, again don't go on a thread made for that or ignore me.
LOL, an opinion based on "facts" from Michael Moore is fundamentally insulting.

But go read some of the links and see what you think then.

Ok so I took the time to read PARTS of your link. Yeah parts because it's deep and heavy legislation text in English and sorry but I took some times to read what seemed important, I' to me so I might have omitted some things. If you're not happy with that then go read the whole French legislation to have an idea of how difficult it is for a non native English speaker ><

And... Well it perfectly confirms Michael Moore documentary sorry. I don't see any "propaganda" in what he made. The very basis of owning a firearm dealer license is "Is not prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition, nor in the case of a corporation, partnership, or association, is any individual possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of the corporation, partnership, or association prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition;"

So in short, not doing anything illegal. Which means that more or less any business can sell weapons and bullets if the local police force allows it.

I don't see the propaganda here. Again, I'm trying to be humble as I'm pretty sure I don't understood everything of the USA legislation, but all I see is an incredible freedom of firearms.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:50:58 PM

Looks like we need a lot more guns to protect ourselves from GOVERNMENT MURDERERS who murder us in the name of a government that doesn't allow murder. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1343452.msg13717719#msg13717719

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:18:08 AM

Who gives a fuck what the French think about our domestic laws? What are they going to do? Not call us for help again next time they get their asses kicked?

Dude if you don't want my opinion don't go on a thread named "your opinion on guns' control".
For the "not call us for help" part, yeah thanks when you see how you screwed us after I wonder if nazis were not better...
And I like it how WWII is the proof of French incapacity to protect themselves and American great heart but how Lafayette is forgotten.

I'll take the time to read your links later. But as I said and as you ignored, I apologized for the misunderstanding of the stats you provided. I can't really give you more than an apology. But it doesn't demonstrate your point as I was talking about violent crimes. Of course you could argue that "making a population safe" aso includes minor crimes like thefts. But guns won't increase thief, that's rather obvious there is no corelation between the two.

So I was talking about violent crimes rates and homicides. That's why I was talking about mass shootings.

And if my opinion offenses you, again don't go on a thread made for that or ignore me.

Ok so I took the time to read PARTS of your link. Yeah parts because it's deep and heavy legislation text in English and sorry but I took some times to read what seemed important, I' to me so I might have omitted some things. If you're not happy with that then go read the whole French legislation to have an idea of how difficult it is for a non native English speaker ><

And... Well it perfectly confirms Michael Moore documentary sorry. I don't see any "propaganda" in what he made. The very basis of owning a firearm dealer license is "Is not prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition, nor in the case of a corporation, partnership, or association, is any individual possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of the corporation, partnership, or association prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition;"

So in short, not doing anything illegal. Which means that more or less any business can sell weapons and bullets if the local police force allows it.

I don't see the propaganda here. Again, I'm trying to be humble as I'm pretty sure I don't understood everything of the USA legislation, but all I see is an incredible freedom of firearms.
what the hell you talking about?  The specific rights acquired by someone getting the Federal Firearms License is to sell guns as a dealer.  It has nothing at all to do with the local police department.

This affirms several aspects of the right to possess guns as laid out in our constitution.
MoneyChanger

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:49:19 PM

First right of people is right for living!
If you want to have right to protect your rights first you must protect your life!
Ernstew

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:52:53 PM

It sholud be controlled who and when buy guns, and how much..for example if somebody has 100 guns it sholud be good to pay attention on him..also must be see if the person has a criminal record.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
eon89

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:25:52 PM

Looks like we need a lot more guns to protect ourselves from GOVERNMENT MURDERERS who murder us in the name of a government that doesn't allow murder. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1343452.msg13717719#msg13717719

Smiley

So your solution is to get more guns and in turn to kill other people? Isn't that exactly the thing we want to avoid? Wouldn't that turn you into a murderer as well? I see no one here talking about non-lethal solutions. Why is that?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:41:33 PM

Smiley

So your solution is to get more guns and in turn to kill other people? Isn't that exactly the thing we want to avoid? Wouldn't that turn you into a murderer as well? I see no one here talking about non-lethal solutions. Why is that?

You said it, not me.

There are two kinds of people in this world - the violent, and the peaceful. However, both kinds have built into them the will to live... the desire for self protection.

If we all had guns equally, the violent people would do one of two things. They would either die at the hands of the peaceful people who were protecting themselves from the violence of the violent, or they would become peaceful people so they would not die.

Among peaceful people, guns are not important when there is no need.

Smiley

eon89

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:49:12 PM

I'm not saying that people should not protect themselves. But at the same time protection doesn't have to come in the shape of a AK-47 when going to buy bread. I wouldn't go to that store again if I saw a customer like that again. You can protect yourself with mace, a tazer or any other type of non-lethal weapon. You need to get out safe of that harmful situation, not to permanently put the attacker into the ground. At least that's my opinion.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:19:14 PM

It sholud be controlled who and when buy guns, and how much..for example if somebody has 100 guns it sholud be good to pay attention on him..also must be see if the person has a criminal record.
Actually, this is not true at all.  Someone with 100 guns is a "collector."  No different from someone who collects antique teapots, in my opinion.  Now someone who has 100 guns and is on the ISIS websites everyday....
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:31:16 PM

I'm not saying that people should not protect themselves. But at the same time protection doesn't have to come in the shape of a AK-47 when going to buy bread. I wouldn't go to that store again if I saw a customer like that again. You can protect yourself with mace, a tazer or any other type of non-lethal weapon. You need to get out safe of that harmful situation, not to permanently put the attacker into the ground. At least that's my opinion.

And just who is going to take the guns away? Will he be able to do it without using guns? You better have guns around so that you can stand on somewhat of an equal footing with all who would use guns on you, especially if they come to take your guns away. Of course, you could always just lie down and die...

Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:11:57 AM

This is an issue all to itself - lethality of force - how much and when?

Generally speaking, the answer is guns, not tasers or other types of non lethal weapons.

The reason is that if you must protect your life, or that of your loved ones, the non lethal options are not sufficiently reliable.  Take a look at youtube.  You will see people tasering themselves and showing that they can take it, same with stun guns and pepper spray.  These are better than nothing, but they are not a match for firearms for personal safety.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:48:19 AM

what the hell you talking about?  The specific rights acquired by someone getting the Federal Firearms License is to sell guns as a dealer.  It has nothing at all to do with the local police department.

This affirms several aspects of the right to possess guns as laid out in our constitution.

Not sure I understand your point then...

In what is Michael Moore wrong? Can't a barber sell guns if he gots the license? Doesn't it seem like totally crazy that more or less anyone can sell guns and anyone can buy some? Cause that's what I understood from your link ^^'

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:56:20 AM

Getting a license doesn't have anything to do with rights. Licenses only grant privileges, or require duties. Rights are inherent.

Smiley

jak1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:55:40 AM

Should be some control so people with criminal record and past and violent people can not have it at least on legal way. And must be some database of type of weapons. Police and forces must know what civilians have in their homes
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 12:37:36 PM

Not sure I understand your point then...

In what is Michael Moore wrong? Can't a barber sell guns if he gots the license? Doesn't it seem like totally crazy that more or less anyone can sell guns and anyone can buy some? Cause that's what I understood from your link ^^'
Assuming the barber passed the background check and paid the fees, then after his application for the FFL was approved, he could sell guns to people who passed their background checks.  Some states have more restrictive requirements, in which case the individual would also have to qualify for the requirements of his state.

Few people would see anything wrong with that.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:00:54 PM

Which make me come back to my original point.... Where is Michael Moore lying?

It seems he's perfectly right no?

And I'm seeing a HUGE problem with the fact that more or less anyone can sell firearms and bullets to more or less anybody Oo

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: