Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:59:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:10:39 PM

After seeing what happened last night at the movie theater in Lafayette I'm starting to believe that more gun control may be just what the doctor ordered. Watching the news everyone is talking about if more people carried guns then this type of incident wont happen as much. But picture this. Fifty people are watching a loud action packed movie then one guy gets up and start spraying the place. Now Imagine if twenty five of those thirty people had guns and they all drew their weapons to shoot the shooter. Now Twenty six people have guns in a dark movie theater and are shooting it out.

No matter how you slice that its an ugly ending. You need to worry about ricochet for the dozens of bullets, cross fire and what if someone "got to the party late" and took one of the good guys to be a bad guy. Oh my god it would be a disaster. I think I'll start taking the position that more gun control is needed from here on in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:17:47 PM

After seeing what happened last night at the movie theater in Lafayette I'm starting to believe that more gun control may be just what the doctor ordered. Watching the news everyone is talking about if more people carried guns then this type of incident wont happen as much. But picture this. Fifty people are watching a loud action packed movie then one guy gets up and start spraying the place. Now Imagine if twenty five of those thirty people had guns and they all drew their weapons to shoot the shooter. Now Twenty six people have guns in a dark movie theater and are shooting it out.

No matter how you slice that its an ugly ending. You need to worry about ricochet for the dozens of bullets, cross fire and what if someone "got to the party late" and took one of the good guys to be a bad guy. Oh my god it would be a disaster. I think I'll start taking the position that more gun control is needed from here on in.

The criminals with illegal guns will still have ways of getting them. I literally just read a comment one minute ago... "So what about the family of five who were stabbed to death yesterday? Is gun control gonna prevent that?"
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:32:35 PM

The criminals with illegal guns will still have ways of getting them. I literally just read a comment one minute ago... "So what about the family of five who were stabbed to death yesterday? Is gun control gonna prevent that?"

No gun control wont prevent that, but if I was unarmed I'd rather be attacked with a knife where I'd have a good chance of fighting off my attacker then be attacked with a gun.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:36:08 PM

People are used to acting without guns. In order for there to be safety, things need to be changed gradually. People need to be required to wear guns when off their personal property. But it hast to be made to happen slowly so that folks get used to it.

Places like theaters need lock boxes where weapons are required to be locked in for folks to gain entry.

Anti-gun laws don't take guns away from anyone except the law abiding people, who wouldn't have shot anyone in a theater anyway.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:42:18 PM

Gun is very restrict on my country. Nobody able to hold a gun without any valid license. If someone still want to do it, we have right to punish him/her into jail. I agree with that since when gun were being hold by criminals, our life are being at risk.
IMO, gun only for law enforcer not for civilian

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:42:30 PM

This 'shooter' used fake ID's from time to time and had a bunch of wigs.  He also changed his licence plate.  Clearly we also need better bio-metric ID and tracking in cars (and, as always, more gun control and mental health surveillance.)  I wonder how many millions of dollars the 'victim's' families and the cops will be receiving from this one in order to assist in their 'healing'.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:45:00 PM

Gun is very restrict on my country. Nobody able to hold a gun without any valid license. If someone still want to do it, we have right to punish him/her into jail. I agree with that since when gun were being hold by criminals, our life are being at risk.

Gun control is the way governments assure themselves that they have control over the people to keep the people in slavery.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:47:31 PM

Japan presumably?  In terms of safety to your brothers and sisters and what little farmland you have, I'd say you should be more worried about who holds the keys to the nuclear power plants.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:48:50 PM

This 'shooter' used fake ID's from time to time and had a bunch of wigs.  He also changed his licence plate.  Clearly we also need better bio-metric ID and tracking in cars (and, as always, more gun control and mental health surveillance.)  I wonder how many millions of dollars the 'victim's' families and the cops will be receiving from this one in order to assist in their 'healing'.

We also need real justice. You hurt someone by breaking his arm... your arm is broken, plus you need to pay to make him well. You kill someone... you are executed, after you have been forced to pay off his family.

This doesn't include accidents that are truly accidents. These would be handled differently.

A theater shooter would act differently if he knew he was going to become a literal slave to pay off anyone he killed or harmed, before the same thing was done to him that he did to others.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:52:31 PM

This 'shooter' used fake ID's from time to time and had a bunch of wigs.  He also changed his licence plate.  Clearly we also need better bio-metric ID and tracking in cars (and, as always, more gun control and mental health surveillance.)

Are you being serious?
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:08:06 PM

People must have the right to protect themselves. So the right to have weapons at home with permission is the right thing. In my country this is not allowed but I would like that it would be possible. Maybe one day my government will read this my post and will think about this.  Cheesy
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:17:53 PM

This 'shooter' used fake ID's from time to time and had a bunch of wigs.  He also changed his licence plate.  Clearly we also need better bio-metric ID and tracking in cars (and, as always, more gun control and mental health surveillance.)

Are you being serious?

Yes, in a way.  For whatever reason, independent researchers took a strong interest in the Sandy Hook incident and did a lot of good work on it.  Of course a lot of people (some probably shills and some probably not) did a lot of lower quality work.  By the two year mark some very convincing material has been produced which leaves very little doubt that what Sandy Hook was was a FEMA 'capstone' drill passed off as a live event.

I suggest as the most important of these, http://mediasolidarity.com/ 'We Need to Talk About Sandy Hook' as the most important of these.  Sofia Smallstorm's presentation or Klein's 'redux' of it is also very good.  

Being fairly convinced that Sandy Hook was a psychological operation (legal to execute against domestic populations via the 2012 national defense authorization act which effectively repealed the 1948 Smith-Mundt act) I look with interest at each of these events.  The main thrust of each is to mute the effect of the 2nd amendment, but each also seems to have a few secondary components thrown in.  In the case of Sandy Hook it seemed to involve mental health and pharmaceutics.  In this case, after a skim of how the story was portrayed, I identified the aformentioned items.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:37:17 PM

This 'shooter' used fake ID's from time to time and had a bunch of wigs.  He also changed his licence plate.  Clearly we also need better bio-metric ID and tracking in cars (and, as always, more gun control and mental health surveillance.)

Are you being serious?

Yes, in a way.  For whatever reason, independent researchers took a strong interest in the Sandy Hook incident and did a lot of good work on it.  Of course a lot of people (some probably shills and some probably not) did a lot of lower quality work.  By the two year mark some very convincing material has been produced which leaves very little doubt that what Sandy Hook was was a FEMA 'capstone' drill passed off as a live event.

I suggest as the most important of these, http://mediasolidarity.com/ 'We Need to Talk About Sandy Hook' as the most important of these.  Sofia Smallstorm's presentation or Klein's 'redux' of it is also very good. 

Being fairly convinced that Sandy Hook was a psychological operation (legal to execute against domestic populations via the 2012 national defense authorization act which effectively repealed the 1948 Smith-Mundt act) I look with interest at each of these events.  The main thrust of each is to mute the effect of the 2nd amendment, but each also seems to have a few secondary components thrown in.  In the case of Sandy Hook it seemed to involve mental health and pharmaceutics.  In this case, after a skim of how the story was portrayed, I identified the aformentioned items.

I agree something was off with Sandy Hook. This video shows this poor child wanting to get away, not talk, etc, but you can see the father puts his arms around her to keep her still, and her mother grabs her husband's arm to force it down upon the child on live tv. It's creepy.

However, to say we need to use biometrics (that still won't stop the people who have illegal guns already and in the future) and "mental health surveillance", is totalitarian and is going to be abused, no doubt about it. Mental health surveillance?

This video shows that they want to go after the people "most likely to be radicalized", young people who are alienated, don't get a job, lost their girlfriend, family doesn't feel happy here. Who's deciding what the right mental health is? Some people believe Christians to not be in the right mental state because they believe homosexuality is a sin. What if they are now gone after because they don't have the "right mental health"?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:16:45 PM

I don't think a viable solution to gun control can ever be reached simply by looking at gun statistics, e.g. by controlling or various SES or demographic factors that seem like they should be controlled for because they 'look nice,' and then seeing how certain other variables such as gun ownership, mental illness, etc. relates to gun deaths and violence.

This seems to be missing the bigger picture.  As far as I'm aware, there are no studies that examine and control for govenment control[i/] in general.  Government control is not only a mediating factor of gun control and gun ownership as it relates to gun deaths and violence, and not only does it mediate all of the variables which are controlled for in various studies, but it's overarching implications are vast in terms of its effects on human behavior.

Think about it -- government control in general contributes to a culture[i/] of government-controlled societies.  Things such as government-controlled education (telling people what is appropriate to learn), economics (setting a standard for societal contribution), food, drugs, and medicine (setting a standard for 'appropriate' self-care), etc. all have a profound effect on human behavior.  It's my belief that government control encourages gun violence and violence in general because it places constraints upon, and therefore is at odds with, human nature.  Consequently, even if more stringent gun control measures were put in
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:23:48 PM

I don't think a viable solution to gun control can ever be reached simply by looking at gun statistics, e.g. by controlling or various SES or demographic factors that seem like they should be controlled for because they 'look nice,' and then seeing how certain other variables such as gun ownership, mental illness, etc. relates to gun deaths and violence.

This seems to be missing the bigger picture.  As far as I'm aware, there are no studies that examine and control for govenment controlin general.  Government control is not only a mediating factor of gun control and gun ownership as it relates to gun deaths and violence, and not only does it mediate all of the variables which are controlled for in various studies, but its overarching implications are vast in terms of its effects on human behavior.

Think about it -- government control in general contributes to a cultureof government-controlled societies.  Things such as government-controlled education (telling people what is appropriate to learn), economics (setting a standard for societal contribution), food, drugs, and medicine (setting a standard for 'appropriate' self-care), etc. all have a profound effect on human behavior.  It's my belief that government control encourages gun violence and violence in general because it places constraints upon, and therefore is at odds with, human nature.  Consequently, even if more stringent gun control measures were put in place, this does not reduce the overall detriment to people in terms of government control in general, but rather adds to it.  But really, how would we know?  

Basically, it's my hypothesis that most violence (and probably mental illness) is a result of an ongoing conflict between government (tending towards control) and human nature (tending toward freedom).  Adding additional constraints will only compound the problem in a much more general sense.  I think it's a myth that people would be at each other's throats in the absence of government.  In the total absence of structure, maybe -- but structure and order does not necessarily equate to governments or government control.
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:33:15 PM

IMO, Gun control will not reduce or stop crime. is all back to Your personality,mentality you must know what you must do in not good situation
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 09:52:43 PM

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:58:09 PM

IMO, Gun control will not reduce or stop crime. is all back to Your personality,mentality you must know what you must do in not good situation

the statistics say otherwise

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
        ▀▀██▀▀
graIn..
The Backbone of
Modern Work Agreements.
███████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████ ██████████████████
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████
████
████
████

█████████████   █████

.Whitepaper.
█████   █████████████

████
████
████
████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██████████████████ ████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:34:23 PM

You know your leadership would like to see the population of humans be a 'sustainable' half-billion right?  So, what's your problem?  Wouldn't you rather see the 9/10ths of the reduction come at the expense of the gun toting red-necks?

I'll help you understand your position better because I am a good guy: Your leadership would like to be making the decisions about who lives and who dies and you believe what your leaders wish you to believe.  Unfortunately for you it is highly likely that you and yours will be among the first ones culled.  It will be as easy as it was for Jim Jones.

Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:54:26 PM

When people talk about mass shooting and gun control,it shows they are not able to see the clear picture.
Look up the amount of mass shooters in the States and see if they where on a prescribed drug in the past year! That is the real problem,we can not feed people variants of speed and expect no issues.

History shows the disruption is inevitable in the system and I rather know how to use a gun and own one if that day ever comes. Other part of me wants to learn how to hunt and survive off the land if needed. Just think of the city and how few people would know where to go or how to survive. Guns protect and help you hunt.

Cars kill people but we do not treat them the same.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: