Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450413 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:55:00 PM

I just want to know if it is really necessary to keep guns?
Let's hope we don't start outlawing things unless we need them. America is a country filled to the brim whit stuff we do not need.

The greatest need is tied to our form of government, which requires us to fight and die against our own people if they become corrupt. That is a powerful statement and hard for us to understand. But the people who made this government knew that all of your rights are utterly meaningless without an armed populace. Look at our supposed rights to keep the government out of our lives. What is that worth now that we know that our government is spying on us with no regard for our privacy? And now the government wants our guns? As a law abiding citizen of the United States it my duty and responsibility to say NO.  
So why not keep your guns locked up in the range no need to take it home Cheesy
i bet shooting targets is really good fun so i have no problem with that..
just leave your guns at the range Grin Grin

more guns more deaths
 and as someone pointed out you have more chance of getting shot by someone you know than a stranger trying to rob you or invading your home
NO MORE WALKING AROUND LIKE JOHN WAYNE ITS OVER
YOUR GOVERNMENTS COMING TO GET YOUR GUNS  Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Shocked Shocked
1. why not keep your guns locked up in the range?

Because they are my guns. And they will do me little good when someone is breaking into my home with their guns.

2. more guns more deaths and as someone pointed out you have more chance of getting shot by someone you know than a stranger trying to rob you or invading your home

That is factually incorrect. I grew up in a place where EVERYONE had a gun. And I do mean every family in my neighborhood. Guess how many times we shot each other or accidentally shot someone? It's a silly thing to say you can't defend your life because you might do it wrong. I'll take my chances. Like a lot of shooters in the U.S. I have far more experience and gun knowledge than the cop who is going to show up after the fact.

When I moved to a large city with an outright ban on carrying firearms I was introduced to gun violence. I heard shots all the time. My neighbor across the street (a school principal) was shot through the neck on his front porch and died, my GF at the time faced two home invasions in 1 year, a guy I work with was shot in the stomach by a 13 year old boy on a bet! A home invasion at my place was foiled by my AK-47, and I saw someone shot in a nearby park. What is dangerous is not how many guns but when only some people have guns.

3.YOUR GOVERNMENTS COMING TO GET YOUR GUNS

Quite the opposite is true. I have more gun rights now than at any point in my life. I can buy more kinds of guns and accessories and I can carry in more places. I have gotten more gun rights here in Wisconsin even in the past week.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:19:50 PM

Uber Bans Its Drivers, Passengers From Carrying Guns After Driver With Gun Saves People From Mass Shooting

On June 19, Uber announced it has banned both drivers and law-abiding passengers with concealed permits from having guns with them for self-defense while in Uber vehicles.

This announcement comes three months after an Uber driver with a concealed carry license thwarted an attempted mass shooting by pulling his own weapon and shooting a gunman who had opened fire in Chicago’s Logan Square.

On April 20, the Chicago Tribune reported the driver was watching “a group of people” walk in front of his car on North Milwaukee Avenue just before midnight when 22-year-old Everardo Custodio allegedly “began firing into the crowd.” The Uber driver pulled his own gun and “fired six shots at Custodio,” wounding him in “the shin, thigh, and lower back.”

But now, the AP reports that Uber has decided to ban guns “to make sure riders and drivers feel comfortable.” The previous policy had simply been to follow local laws in areas where Uber drivers operate.

Uber says that “drivers or riders who violate the rule may lose access to the platform.”

The company did not comment on the lives saved by the Uber driver who had a gun in Chicago, nor did they explain what unarmed drivers and law-abiding passengers are supposed to do if there is a similar public attack near their Uber drop-off or pick-up.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/21/uber-bans-guns-after-driver-uses-one-to-stop-attempted-mass-shooting/

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:34:11 PM

3.YOUR GOVERNMENTS COMING TO GET YOUR GUNS[/b]

Quite the opposite is true. I have more gun rights now than at any point in my life. I can buy more kinds of guns and accessories and I can carry in more places. I have gotten more gun rights here in Wisconsin even in the past week.

The FBI study I mentioned found an interesting (and rather obvious) thing.  It is not possible to get guns out of the hands of criminals for the simple reason that they are a necessary tool for their environment.  If somehow one got their preferred weapon out of a criminals grasp they will upgrade rather than downgrade. For instance, if they are denied a .44 they will switch to a 12 ga shotgun rather than a .38.

This principle would also apply (I believe) to lawful citizens.  It will be impossible to remove firearms from citizens in situations where they clearly need them for personal and family safety.  The 'gun grabbers' will likely have one small window of opportunity to grab as many guns as possible in a scenario where it is especially necessary for them to do so.  Such a scenario would be most likely associated with an economic crisis and more totalitarian needs to deal with it.  The scenario would also produce a lot more criminal activity making it basically mandatory for the otherwise lawful to retain their defensive capabilities.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:08:49 PM

3.YOUR GOVERNMENTS COMING TO GET YOUR GUNS[/b]

The FBI study I mentioned found an interesting (and rather obvious) thing.  It is not possible to get guns out of the hands of criminals for the simple reason that they are a necessary tool for their environment.  If somehow one got their preferred weapon out of a criminals grasp they will upgrade rather than downgrade. For instance, if they are denied a .44 they will switch to a 12 ga shotgun rather than a .38.

This principle would also apply (I believe) to lawful citizens.  It will be impossible to remove firearms from citizens in situations where they clearly need them for personal and family safety.  The 'gun grabbers' will likely have one small window of opportunity to grab as many guns as possible in a scenario where it is especially necessary for them to do so.  Such a scenario would be most likely associated with an economic crisis and more totalitarian needs to deal with it.  The scenario would also produce a lot more criminal activity making it basically mandatory for the otherwise lawful to retain their defensive capabilities.

yes but with my laws you  get 25 years for carrying  a gun in public and you never get out for gun murder lets see how many pick up a gun now
plus if your worried about the government attacking its own people a gun wont help you
in the uk we had the I.R.A they used bombs to get a message across and they won in the end
so stop saying incase government attacks the people gun won,t do shit for you if they did attack
guns will be banned in the USA get used to it there gone Wink
 if i lived in the USA i would carry a gun every 1 else got a gun i want one too no one taking a pop at me without getting shot back
and that is because you got more chance  someone sticking you up with a gun than in the uk
and you yanks are fuckin crazy Tongue Tongue Tongue
plus if you don,t like what your government does best thing to do is not pick up a gun just don,t go to work for the super rich bring the country to a stand still
look at france they don,t use guns they destroy businesses government backs down then

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:24:24 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 02:04:16 AM by popcorn1

Quote from:  link=topic=1093806.msg11676779#msg11676779 date=1434906334
You keep posting this gun control propaganda image over and over again (presumably hoping that if you repeat it enough times, people will somehow overlook the fact that while it claims statistics in support of your beliefs, it does not cite the source(s) for them).
I believe I can address your concern about facts and sources.

The Brady Campaign site about gun violence, a top search result, is fully sourced.

One in three people in the U.S. know someone who has been shot.
On average, 31 Americans are murdered with guns every day and 151 are treated for a gun assault in an emergency room.
Every day on average, 55 people kill themselves with a firearm, and 46 people are shot or killed in an accident with a gun.
The U.S. firearm homicide rate is 20 times higher than the combined rates of 22 countries that are our peers in wealth and population.
A gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used to kill or injure in a domestic homicide, suicide, or unintentional shooting than to be used in self-defense.

More than one in five U.S. teenagers (ages 14 to 17) report having witnessed a shooting.
An average of seven children and teens under the age of 20 are killed by guns every day.
American children die by guns 11 times as often as children in other high-income countries.
Youth (ages 0 to 19) in the most rural U.S. counties are as likely to die from a gunshot as those living in the most urban counties. Rural children die of more gun suicides and unintentional shooting deaths. Urban children die more often of gun homicides.
Firearm homicide is the second-leading cause of death (after motor vehicle crashes) for young people ages 1-19 in the U.S.
In 2007, more pre-school-aged children (85) were killed by guns than police officers were killed in the line of duty.
Gun Violence is a Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

Medical treatment, criminal justice proceedings, new security precautions, and reductions in quality of life are estimated to cost U.S. citizens $100 billion annually.
The lifetime medical cost for all gun violence victims in the United States is estimated at $2.3 billion, with almost half the costs borne by taxpayers.
Americans Support Universal Background Checks

Nine out of 10 Americans agree that we should have universal background checks, including three out of four NRA members.
Since the Brady Law was initially passed, about 2 million attempts to purchase firearms have been blocked due to a background check. About half of these blocked attempts were by felons.
Unfortunately, our current background check system only applies to about 60% of gun sales, leaving 40% (online sales, purchases at gun shows, etc.) without a background check.

I want a bazooka!
If I can't have my own private arsenal of nukes all this fuss about "rights" is just misguided moralizing bullshit about where everyone draws the line on personal firepower.

We have no rights, only privileges. When push comes to shove rights on a piece of paper don't matter anymore, the only thing that matters is that the government has tanks, Apache helicopters, F16s, and battleships. And you have your shotgun. It's beyond moronic.

If big gubmint really wanted to do you harm, it could. If they really wanted to take your guns, they could already do that right now.

WHERE ARE YOU HELP ME WITH YOUR FACTS THIS GUY WILL SORT YOU ALL OUT
BAN GUNS Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy come on help me sort this lot out will you,,,, some more facts Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
just hope some of you gun owners can see the light planet much better place without guns who knows may be in the future they be no guns at all and we don,t even make them any more

good bye my fellow humans
 one more thing you yanks need to learn some ones colour is so because of the weather not because your more special we are all humans and feel and bleed the same Wink Wink

love your fellow man or woman don,t just shoot them
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:18:27 AM

On June 19, Uber announced it has banned both drivers and law-abiding passengers with concealed permits from having guns with them for self-defense while in Uber vehicles.

Uber is the same company, which blamed the victim when one of its divers raped a female passenger in Delhi, India. Then the Uber chief claimed that the passenger deserved to be raped, as she was careless and slept during her journey. I will never use Uber, or refer its services to any of my friends or family members.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-31052849
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:19:09 AM

It's a waste of time and money.
We all have the right to bare arms.
let us bare them!
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 11:24:55 AM

Why can't you learn the same rules for yourself by yourself? Why can't you trust your hand holding a gun but are willing to trust a stranger payed to protect you?

Trusting oneself is not "given" by anybody. It is a grown up thing you learn...

Cool

I think its safer if we just trust a stranger to secure our neighborhood than each person have the gun in their home. Can you imagine if someday a person quarrel with his neighbor and be angry? Wow it will be a bloody fight by the guns between them. So, imo it's would be better if there is no gun in society  Smiley

But can a person rob a mall full of people with a knife? It is not about what can happen and what cannot. It is about the necessity of keeping guns. I just want to know if it is really necessary to keep guns?

Well if you have free time you can read it Wink http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27935069/coastal-grand-mall-store-robbed-at-knife-point-for-second-time-this-month

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:37:29 AM

I think its safer if we just trust a stranger to secure our neighborhood than each person have the gun in their home. Can you imagine if someday a person quarrel with his neighbor and be angry?

Although 60 million Americans own firearms, they are used during family/neighbor quarrels very rarely (perhaps 1% of the 14,000 gun-related deaths an year occur due to quarrels between neighbors, or those between family members. So the occurrence rate is like 2 per million, per year. And the home invasion rates are almost 100 times that number.
AndriusCep

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:41:49 PM

Gun control is control of society. It has it own pluses and minuses. Pluses would be ability to be 100% liberal and save your property against anyone and live for yourself. Minus is that these abilities can give reaction of anarchy, goverment overthrow. When you think about our reality you realise that it is so easy to get rid of civilisation, what if all people will start doin shit and police will not be able to handle everything? Now police and everything is designed to handle only avg events count. Noone knows what would be if it could raise 2 or 3 times
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:01:35 PM

Gun control is control of society. It has it own pluses and minuses. Pluses would be ability to be 100% liberal and save your property against anyone and live for yourself. Minus is that these abilities can give reaction of anarchy, goverment overthrow. When you think about our reality you realise that it is so easy to get rid of civilisation, what if all people will start doin shit and police will not be able to handle everything? Now police and everything is designed to handle only avg events count. Noone knows what would be if it could raise 2 or 3 times

Why would a possibility of an armed rebellion be a bad thing for the society? If there's a need for it and enough people feel unhappy it will happen either way, with or without gun control.
Government should work for the people not for itself and make sure people are happy instead of trying to disarm them.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 01:29:15 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 02:45:44 PM by TECSHARE

Uber is the same company, which blamed the victim when one of its divers raped a female passenger in Delhi, India. Then the Uber chief claimed that the passenger deserved to be raped, as she was careless and slept during her journey. I will never use Uber, or refer its services to any of my friends or family members.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-31052849

Good plan. Now gangs have a number to call when they want a free car to strip and some one to murder for fun. Banning people from having firearms in all Uber cars pretty much just announced to the world to go ahead and rob the shit out of them, because chances are they can't defend themselves. Why do you think taxi drivers are armed to the teeth in big cities?
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:10:10 PM

Why can't you learn the same rules for yourself by yourself? Why can't you trust your hand holding a gun but are willing to trust a stranger payed to protect you?

Trusting oneself is not "given" by anybody. It is a grown up thing you learn...

Cool

I think its safer if we just trust a stranger to secure our neighborhood than each person have the gun in their home. Can you imagine if someday a person quarrel with his neighbor and be angry? Wow it will be a bloody fight by the guns between them. So, imo it's would be better if there is no gun in society  Smiley

But can a person rob a mall full of people with a knife? It is not about what can happen and what cannot. It is about the necessity of keeping guns. I just want to know if it is really necessary to keep guns?

Well if you have free time you can read it Wink http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27935069/coastal-grand-mall-store-robbed-at-knife-point-for-second-time-this-month

That "stranger" has a family too. That "stranger" is payed to protect your family. Who does he pay to protect his if they do not have the 2nd Amendment to protect them? What make you so special? Your paycheck?

Do you know how many people die from aspirin allergy each year? I do not. "Hello google!"

Currently, anaphylaxis leads to 500–1,000 deaths per year (2.4 per million) in the United States, 20 deaths per year in the United Kingdom (0.33 per million), and 15 deaths per year in Australia (0.64 per million).[10] Mortality rates have decreased between the 1970s and 2000s.[39] In Australia, death from food-induced anaphylaxis occur primarily in women while deaths due to insect bites primarily occur in males.[10] Death from anaphylaxis is most commonly triggered by medications

With the million of guns right now in the US how many time your movie of bad blood between neighbors happen? "Hello google!"

If you live in Europe then I totally understand your positivism regarding servitude...

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:14:31 PM

Banning people from having firearms in all Uber cars pretty much just announced to the world to go ahead and rob the shit out of them, because chances are they can't defend themselves. Why do you think taxi drivers are armed to the teeth in big cities?
People who are going to commit armed robbery in a major city are already operating on the [correct] assumption that 99.9%+ of the people they're robbing are unarmed.

Just like bank robbers, who know the tellers don't have guns under the window. There's a reason major cities have armies of LEOs numbering in the tens of thousands.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:20:24 PM

Banning people from having firearms in all Uber cars pretty much just announced to the world to go ahead and rob the shit out of them, because chances are they can't defend themselves. Why do you think taxi drivers are armed to the teeth in big cities?
People who are going to commit armed robbery in a major city are already operating on the [correct] assumption that 99.9%+ of the people they're robbing are unarmed.

Just like bank robbers, who know the tellers don't have guns under the window.

Unless you are a robber in Texas...

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:47:44 PM

Just like bank robbers, who know the tellers don't have guns under the window. There's a reason major cities have armies of LEOs numbering in the tens of thousands.

Too bad LEOs are there in minutes when seconds count.
REubensumo

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:00:07 PM

A criminal does not buy his or her gun in a gun shop. They buy their guns on the street from people who don't care about gun control or what guns do to anyone.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:10:24 PM

A criminal does not buy his or her gun in a gun shop. They buy their guns on the street from people who don't care about gun control or what guns do to anyone.

Is it that difficult to create a pistol or revolver through 3D printing? There are thousands of 3D plans of fire-arms available, which can be downloaded by anyone, and manufactured using a 3D printer. Quality ammo will be a bit difficult to obtain, but I am sure that criminals will find a way to secure ammunition also.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:52:54 PM

I hear a lot of talk about banning guns because of what someone may do. Well here in the US we punish people for what they have done. I think all this comes from people who know nothing about gun culture. There seems to be this belief in the supernatural power of a gun. as though the gun will compel a sane person to murder. In reality you would never guess who carries everyday. Would you have guessed my neighbor, the petite nurse? Or how about my friend the college professor and concert cellist? For us the gun is no more alive than a hammer or a drill or a toaster.
A CC is not a licenses to kill, you have only the right to defend your life in an immediate situation. If you come home to find your wife being raped and soot the the assailant, you will be prosecuted for murder. In fact, even if you shoot someone in a completely legal way you will be financially ruined. I have heard that the average defense for a legal CCW shooting is about $80,000. This is why you never see our guns. God forbid, if anyone ever sees mine it will be for just a moment and it will be the last thing they ever see. Don't want to see my gun? Simple, just do not attempt to murder me.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:01:14 PM

Just a transplant from another thread since the content is a cross-over:

Somebody is hellbent on turning western Europe into third world shithole and those migrants sure as hell have neither capital, nor organization or common ideological ground to pull it off.

Not only Western Europe, the North America, Oceania (Australia and New Zealand), as well as countries in the Eastern Europe (Macedonia, Montenegro.etc) are witnessing unprecedented changes in their demographic makeup. A few countries in the East are still resisting the trend, such as Poland and Lithuania. But soon these countries will also change, as they are forced to accept hundreds of thousands of Sub-Saharans.

One way for leaders to achieve increased control over their citizens would be to introduce a problem then provide a solution.  If a majority of 'natives' of a country feel threatened by newcomers and have no realistic alternatives for 'protection' than the state, that's what they will choose.  This could take the form of increased surveillance of society generally and an increase in the number and capabilities of state sponsored paramilitary assets.

I wonder if this is not one of the main driving forces behind the push to control guns in private hands here in the U.S.  The more people feel confident that they can protect themselves, the less inclined they are to rely on the state for various kinds of protection.

As best I can tell from afar (sitting here on the West coast of the U.S.) it seems that Western Europe is a lot farther along the path to centralization and that planning and directing these population movements is handled mostly from Brussels.  It's an interesting thing to watch.  I'll be paying closer attention to the phenomenon.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: