Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450413 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:00:08 PM

IMO, people should be given the choice whether whey want to own a fire-arm or not. In places like Texas, where home invasions are very common, the possession of a fire-arm can save many lives. However, the government should make it impossible for people with a criminal record, and those with mental issues from obtaining fire-arms.

It sound`s nice in teory, but in real life who will judge about who have mental issues or criminal record or problem with wife and her lover. Much better would be with no gun`s at all, it would be much less suffering in the world.

I agree with you about the difficulty of determining who is stable enough. That is why we have rigorous background checks for things like carry licenses. However, violence and cruelty did not start with the invention of the gun and would not go away if all the guns magically disappeared. Violence is not caused by machines it is a behavior that has been present since before we were humans.

Of course violence and cruelty did not start with invetion of the gun, but without so much weapons there would be less crimes, and I wish to believe that we are on much bigger mind level then we were before what we are now. In anyway I think that its not good what guns represent and what kind of message send`s to younger generation`s.

I wish I knew a way to take the violence out of someone. If they understood the pain and grief they cause maybe they would reconsider? But history has no precedent for a violence free society. Some have less,some have more, all have some.

But I do not agree that the number of guns is the factor that counts. Where I grew up everyone had a gun, and I mean every single household. Shooting was something we all did for fun with our friends and family. But there was not a single incidence of gun violence there. ( Although I do recall a guy who shot himself accidentally while climbing a tree stand.)

Later when I moved to a city that had banned the carrying of guns I saw gun violence all the time. My neighbor across the street was shot to death in a robbery, my GF had two home invasions in a year, another friend who taught poor kids how to fix bikes was shot by a 12 year old boy, I heard shots all the time and always by someone who should never have a had a gun in the first place.

Now I live in a time when gun violence is actually at historic lows and I carry every day. But to exercise that right I have had to get background checks by the FBI, with fingerprints and all. I trust this system and when I see someone carrying at a restaurant, I know that we are all safer there. It is not the people who legally carry who are involved in these shootings. It is the usual suspects who are well known to police and mental health officials. The people we failed to help or include in society and that, unsurprisingly, act out violently. If you want to make a dent in the violence tell me what you propose to do with theses people. Because another gun law makes no difference to them and will only be obeyed by those of us who were never a threat in the first place, indeed the ones who might be able to help when the shooting starts.

Do away with violence. Violently beat the crap out of them until they stop being violent. Then you won't have any reason for being violent any longer, and there will be peace.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Salman Anjum

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:05:53 PM

All guns are always loaded, don't point it at anything you aren't willing to shoot, and exercise proper trigger discipline.
As far as laws go, "assault weapons" bans, magazine size restrictions, and silencer restrictions are all ridiculous. All states should be shall-issue concealed carry or Vermont Carry, although I am fine in theory with a simple (and no-cost) testing system to determine if you know basic weapon safety as well as what is and is not a legal use of the weapon in order to get your CCW.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:46:47 PM

Liberal Virginia Governor Brings Armed Security Guard to DC For Anti-Gun Rally

[...]
A few things. First off, McAuliffe's claim that people "can be armed" while we were standing on the Capitol grounds in Washington D.C. is false. It is nearly impossible for law abiding civilians to be legally armed in Washington D.C. and it is illegal for them to be armed at the Capitol (even if they go "through a background check" as McAuliffe advises). Second, during his speech at the event McAuliffe claimed that booths at gun shows openly advertise with signs that say "no background check." When I asked which gun show he was referring to, he couldn't give a specific answer. And finally, McAuliffe implied during his speech that background checks are non-existent in Virginia, when in fact firearms purchases not only require two forms of identification, but lengthy ATF paperwork and a background check with the FBI. Further, he cites the gun show "loophole" myth, which has been thoroughly and repeatedly debunked.

I should also note that McAuliffe isn't the only Everytown supporter who shows up to anti-gun events with armed security. Shannon Watts, founder of Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action, showed up the the NRA annual meeting in 2014 with armed security (they also pushed conservative Dana Loesch out of the way when she dared to ask a  question). She regularly brings armed security to her anti-gun events.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/09/11/virginia-governor-brings-armed-body-guard-to-dc-for-antigun-rally-n2050557?utm_source=BreakingOnTownhallWidget_4&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingOnTownhall

--------------------------------------
hypocrite much?

fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

When nobody can tell whether prohibition does or doesn't work then I don't think it's worth continuing. You waste public resources, create black markets and criminalize otherwise law abiding citizens.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:15:59 AM

It is ridiculously easy in a lot of places for people to get guns. Why not make it a more difficult process so if someone is going to do something malicious with a gun at least they had to work for it?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:00:46 PM

It is ridiculously easy in a lot of places for people to get guns. Why not make it a more difficult process so if someone is going to do something malicious with a gun at least they had to work for it?
You hear that, but where? I'm not saying there is no black market, however it is not something that most non-criminals have access to. For me to get a gun takes days and requires all sorts of paperwork and money. The bar is higher still for handguns, silencers, short barreled rifles, etc.

The criminals who buy on the black market are not going to institute any rules we come up with, and so you only make it hard for the law abiding. It's like the pretending game that people play when they put up a "No guns" sign. They think that means no guns will come in. Actually it only serves to assure criminals that everyone in this place is helpless. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:41:23 PM

My rights regarding guns aren't limited to the Second Amendment. The 2nd Amendment merely describes the government limits regarding the way they can control gun rights... if they can get away with it.

Government better lay off my rights as a man... and they will. Why? Because government never does anything. It is always people using supposed governmental authority to mess with people.

If government people mess with me regarding my rights, I will use government to mess with them regarding their messing with me.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:35:43 PM

Should all killer clown masks be banned?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:46:56 PM

I tried gun control once. I set the gun down and told it that it had control. It did nothing. After a while I started to get hungry. I asked the gun if I could fix myself something to eat. The gun neither said or did anything. I went to bed hungry. But it was only in the middle of the night when I woke up and asked the gun if I could use the bathroom, that I finally decided that gun control wasn't for me.

Cheesy

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:51:49 AM

Gun control is important, really important. I'll give you an example. Last week I got a day pass from the psych ward I live in so I went over to Walmart and spent my welfare check on a brand new SIG pro and a box of ammo.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_Pro#/media/File:SIG_Pro_by_Augustas_Didzgalvis.jpg
Walmart is 3 buses away from the institute so I had to hurry to get back on time for chow time and I was real tired. That combined with my nightly meds had me more than a little spacey so that when I went on the roof to do some target practice I could barely control my gun at all and I didn't hit even one single air liner that flew past above. Tomorrow I will try again and hopefully I will have better gun control and will be able to take down a 747 or two before occupational therapy
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:55:34 AM

Imo, there should be no access to Guns. Not even Cops should be allowed to use guns.

In a perfect world, they shouldn't even exist Smiley
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:25:23 AM

Imo, there should be no access to Guns. Not even Cops should be allowed to use guns.

In a perfect world, they shouldn't even exist Smiley

Somehow the statement reminds me of when Lisa Simpson used the monkey paw to wish for world peace and everyone destroyed all weapons.   Then the aliens took over the earth.  Then someone pounded a nail through a board and ran the aliens off with it.

Seriously, there are basically an infinite number of ways to leverage force against others.  'They' might as well outlaw imagination.  To keep us all safe and secure, ya know.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
kampretkabur

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:29:46 AM

maybe people have right to own gun, but we dont know when people are angry or on a stressing situation, if owning a gun is not controlled, many lives will gone just by a temporary temper, should consider it before give guns to people
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:36:02 AM

maybe people have right to own gun, but we dont know when people are angry or on a stressing situation, if owning a gun is not controlled, many lives will gone just by a temporary temper, should consider it before give guns to people

It's funny how the people who are most consumed with dealing with the problem of overpopulation are so front-and-center in efforts to keep more people alive by getting rid of the scourge of firearms among the masses, using vaccines to save the children who would die of dreadful diseases, etc.  It's just something which makes me go 'Hmmm....'

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:20:42 AM

I feel healthy enough that I don't want to die. But I feel less healthy enough than I did when I was younger that I'm thinking that I just might die after all.

Getting rid of guns might allow me to die of old age rather than be executed by some joker. But it might not. Guns might be the thing that protect me from the joker who would execute me.

In any event, I just might die anyway. After all, how many people who are more than 200-years-old are announcing it?

Smiley

David Cameroon

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:38:26 AM

I think gun control is going to become a joke once 3d printers become mainstream. People are just going to print their own and there's nothing you can do about that so its going to be interesting to see how the govs react.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:52:15 PM

I think gun control is going to become a joke once 3d printers become mainstream. People are just going to print their own and there's nothing you can do about that so its going to be interesting to see how the govs react.
We are already using our 3d printers to print showerheads that subvert the Al Gore Law that limits water flow per showerhead to Save the Planet.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:23:02 PM

We are already using our 3d printers to print showerheads that subvert the Al Gore Law that limits water flow per showerhead to Save the Planet.

There are about 470 million gallons of water per person found in the oceans. The question isn't about water. The question is about desalinization and transportation of it. Gore is an enemy of the people.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:37:48 AM

1) It has come to my attention that we, in the United States are corporations. If you notice your corporation name is your name in all caps and that is what is on your license and legal papers, etc. Watch this video for more info: The Differences Between Common Law & Maritime Law & What They Are

2) As you can see people are calling for guns to not be allowed for those who are mentally unstable, or "insane".

3) Could they then claim all US citizens are "insane"? Just curious, how hard it would be to call a corporation insane versus a person.

1 U.S.C.  §1. Words denoting number, gender, and so forth

"the words “insane” and “insane person” shall include every idiot, insane person, and person non compos mentis;

the words “person” and “whoever” include corporations, companies, associations, firms, partnerships, societies, and joint stock companies, as well as individuals;"
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:24:52 AM

The disregard for law enforcement and laws in general by liberals has caused irresponsible behavior. Abortion has fostered a disregard for human life. Get rid of liberals not guns.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: