Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:32:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:59:26 AM

this is an interesting argument, some times avoided, some country allow to easy to access to weapons, there should be more restriction, in USA it is so easy that everyone can buy one of those gun, they often call it a far west for good reason, i think that there can't be good gun control, because this things are born to kill and when you face the death you will do everything to survive, and your control will not be 100%, your focus is only on your survival nothing else, so it is easy to hurt someone that ahs nothing to do with your dispute, especially if it happen in pubblic, like in the usa or russia

Obviously you know nothing of gun purchase procedures in the USA.

Just saying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:51:58 AM

Military training is that at close quarters, an edged weapon is equal to a gun, reason is reaction times.  Reminds me of the three Afgan soldiers, each with AK47, who holed up in a cave for the night, even though it smelled a bit funny.  Then the bear came in.

Next.  Three dead soldiers.

Yeah but it requires incredible training, so it doesn't concern the vast majority of people ^^

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:50:53 AM

Military training is that at close quarters, an edged weapon is equal to a gun, reason is reaction times.  Reminds me of the three Afgan soldiers, each with AK47, who holed up in a cave for the night, even though it smelled a bit funny.  Then the bear came in.

Yeah but it requires incredible training, so it doesn't concern the vast majority of people ^^

Now you are trying to tell us that people don't get killed by bears, because most bears haven't had enough training? It's more like bears don't usually have enough incentive. If bears aren't baby bears, they instinctively have all the training that they need.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:13:12 AM

Now you are trying to tell us that people don't get killed by bears, because most bears haven't had enough training? It's more like bears don't usually have enough incentive. If bears aren't baby bears, they instinctively have all the training that they need.

Smiley

Dude, your stupidity reaches the sky well done.
I was talking about the fact that "at close quarters, an edged weapon is equal to a gun". Not about the bear...

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:15:04 AM

this is an interesting argument, some times avoided, some country allow to easy to access to weapons, there should be more restriction, in USA it is so easy that everyone can buy one of those gun, they often call it a far west for good reason, i think that there can't be good gun control, because this things are born to kill and when you face the death you will do everything to survive, and your control will not be 100%, your focus is only on your survival nothing else, so it is easy to hurt someone that ahs nothing to do with your dispute, especially if it happen in pubblic, like in the usa or russia

Just saying.

Well maybe it's not true and we have a wrong vision of it. When you watch Bowling for Columbine it's really amazing to see that opening a bank account can lead to receiving a gun xD
And the fact that ammunitions are sold at the hairdresser.... It's incredible!

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:33:24 AM

Smiley

I was talking about the fact that "at close quarters, an edged weapon is equal to a gun". Not about the bear...

My stupidity hasn't matched yours by a long shot (pun intended). Haven't you ever heard of close-range guns?

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:34:31 AM

Smiley

My stupidity hasn't matched yours by a long shot (pun intended). Haven't you ever heard of close-range guns?

Smiley

Your point being?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:49:14 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Your point being?

Thank you for making my point.   Smiley

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:57:39 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Your point being?

Thank you for making my point.   Smiley

I suspect you wanted to explain that guns can supplant cold weapons, but as you seem too lazy to read above, that was not my claim to say that guns are weaker on close ranged combat... So you're just arguing for my point of view... Which was clearly not your intent.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 12:18:05 PM

Military training is that at close quarters, an edged weapon is equal to a gun, reason is reaction times.  Reminds me of the three Afgan soldiers, each with AK47, who holed up in a cave for the night, even though it smelled a bit funny.  Then the bear came in.

Next.  Three dead soldiers.

Smiley

Smiley

Your point being?

Thank you for making my point.   Smiley

I suspect you wanted to explain that guns can supplant cold weapons, but as you seem too lazy to read above, that was not my claim to say that guns are weaker on close ranged combat... So you're just arguing for my point of view... Which was clearly not your intent.

How do you know that the weapons the bear used were "cold weapons?" After all, if the AK-47s were used, they wouldn't have been cold.

What does your claim or non-claim have to do even with the idea that we are arguing?

Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 12:59:14 PM

Just saying.

Well maybe it's not true and we have a wrong vision of it. When you watch Bowling for Columbine it's really amazing to see that opening a bank account can lead to receiving a gun xD

Okay, how about I do nothing but quote lies about France?  Then we'd be even.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 01:22:28 PM

Just saying.

Okay, how about I do nothing but quote lies about France?  Then we'd be even.

First: I started by "maybe it's not true" just to explain you why we have this impression and where does it come from.
Second: Bowling for Columbine is a documentary. It may lie about some facts, that's possible. But you actually see Michael Moore buying bullets at the hairdresser and getting a gun for opening a bank account, as a gift.

I don't doubt that it's a real tiny minority, but the fact that it exists is already incredible.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 01:23:03 PM

Military training is that at close quarters, an edged weapon is equal to a gun, reason is reaction times.  Reminds me of the three Afgan soldiers, each with AK47, who holed up in a cave for the night, even though it smelled a bit funny.  Then the bear came in.

Smiley

Smiley

Your point being?

How do you know that the weapons the bear used were "cold weapons?" After all, if the AK-47s were used, they wouldn't have been cold.

What does your claim or non-claim have to do even with the idea that we are arguing?

Smiley

Ok I'm just going to ignore you. You don't even deserve my attention.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 01:25:44 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Your point being?

Smiley

Ok I'm just going to ignore you. You don't even deserve my attention.

Oh thank you. This will make it easier for me. I won't have to constantly try to determine if you are simply ignorant, or if you are trying to be deceitful.

Smiley

-Tx-Rider

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 01:31:14 PM

People control is better. A guy with temper and other connected emotions might use it for personal gains.

It's odd to see people wearing guns aside from cops.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:01:12 PM

People control is better. A guy with temper and other connected emotions might use it for personal gains.

It's odd to see people wearing guns aside from cops.

All regulation by government is people control.

There was a time in American history where people all over the (then small) United States wore guns.

Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:20:31 PM

Smiley

Well, you are making no sense.  The edged weapon of the bear is his claws, and he killed all three of those soldiers before they could grab their Ak47s. 
mamadmankan

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:25:19 PM

Somewhere i read regarding number of people having guns in America and I found the amount of guns in america shocking, i think it needs to be reigned it because i have read about several high school massacres involving guns in america and we are yet to have one. its just my opinion but the rest of the world manage to 'protect their property' without such dangerous weapons.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:46:58 PM

Somewhere i read regarding number of people having guns in America and I found the amount of guns in america shocking, i think it needs to be reigned it because i have read about several high school massacres involving guns in america and we are yet to have one. its just my opinion but the rest of the world manage to 'protect their property' without such dangerous weapons.

Yes. Shockingly low.   Smiley

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:54:55 PM

Of course, we should all get guns and shoot everybody that comes our way.
Your teeth are not straight, I don't like it - BAM - you're dead.

^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

No mentally-sound, law-abiding person would say that.
Wasn't it obvious that it was a joke?
You don't have to take out the wikipedia articles from the attic.
Mentally sound - yes.
Law-abiding - only when it makes sense.
I won't go and jump off a bridge if the government says so - I'll tell you that.
Please and thank you.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: