Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:52:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetBOX.com Discussion  (Read 236942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:48:54 PM

who control the faucet in the faucet list to faucetbox page? More are dry , more request a click to banner or one click to youtube video for 1000 satoshi...

Dry faucets are taken down automaticaly. And as explained many times earlier, despite doing what we can, we don't have enough man power to keep the list clean.

Anyone making money from their faucet anymore? I used to but got my faucet taken off then put back on the list...at the bottom. I realised only russian traffic or similar low paying countries ventured that far down the list. It was then unprofitable so I let it dry.

It's basically impossible to earn anything if you only use the FaucetBOX.com faucets list. If such a list could be enough, why would FaucetBOX.com let anyone into the system? We could just make hundreds of faucets ourselves, put it on the list and take all the profits Smiley. You won't earn anything if you just create a faucet and put it on the list. You have to actively advertise it through other channels.

Also the position on the list is only based on how much do you pay per user, being taken down and put back doesn't affect that.

Kaz you need to look into banning/blocking the accounts of faucets like BTC-free.eu and the like that force users to click an ad as part of the claim process.

They threaten the entire ecosystem and will benefit nobody over the long term.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 09:16:32 PM

Kaz you need to look into banning/blocking the accounts of faucets like BTC-free.eu and the like that force users to click an ad as part of the claim process.

Hi, personally I didn't click on any ad to get the reward but maybe you mean the 2 rewards button which is confusing but once you get used it is not a big problem.

Gifted

Activity: 504
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:28:09 PM

who control the faucet in the faucet list to faucetbox page? More are dry , more request a click to banner or one click to youtube video for 1000 satoshi...

Dry faucets are taken down automaticaly. And as explained many times earlier, despite doing what we can, we don't have enough man power to keep the list clean.

Anyone making money from their faucet anymore? I used to but got my faucet taken off then put back on the list...at the bottom. I realised only russian traffic or similar low paying countries ventured that far down the list. It was then unprofitable so I let it dry.

It's basically impossible to earn anything if you only use the FaucetBOX.com faucets list. If such a list could be enough, why would FaucetBOX.com let anyone into the system? We could just make hundreds of faucets ourselves, put it on the list and take all the profits Smiley. You won't earn anything if you just create a faucet and put it on the list. You have to actively advertise it through other channels.

Also the position on the list is only based on how much do you pay per user, being taken down and put back doesn't affect that.

People don't know you can right click on the ad and get the claim but i agree with you..Advertising companies might ban faucets because of this guy.
FaucetWorld

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:17:17 AM

People don't know you can right click on the ad and get the claim but i agree with you..Advertising companies might ban faucets because of this guy.

Yep, in long term it can be problem. We have to think about interest of everyone. If we gonna cheat with advertisers they will just ban all faucets.

Kazuldur - I know that you do everything best, but from opinions that i read here around, many faucets owners is using new features for cheating people - finally everyone can lost on this. Please, think about this and try to find some other way.. maybe your own captcha system(?) - it can be a big step Wink

thefaucetrunner

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:57:28 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2015, 08:25:17 AM by thefaucetrunner

If you need another hand to contact faucet owners and approve faucets Kaz, I'm here.

You can trust me to do the task well.

I feel that these cheating faucets depend on services like Faucetbox - and even Google, to be understaffed, so their activity can continue under the radar.

Faucetbox has the ability to contact these people I'm sure. As I said, if you need staff I am happy to assist as the Forum Manager.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
FaucetWorld

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:11:00 AM

If you need another hand to contact faucet owners and approve faucets Kaz, I'm here.

You can trust me to do the task well.

I feel that these cheating faucets depend on services like Faucetbox - and even Google, to be understaffed, so their activity can continue under the radar.

They should not be allowed to dispense if:

Timer is longer than 15 seconds
Ads MUST be clicked in order to claim

Faucets that cannot afford to pay out ridiculous amounts like 3000 satoshi per hour should NOT operate. Everyone should be given a chance, but this sort of blackhat activity will destroy the ecosystem (which is actually fairly legitimate, for the most part).

I have yet to achieve higher than a 1% CTR on any adspace EXCEPT with very select targeting. These faucets may well get in the 40-50% rate - which potentially means large profits for them in the short run, and a huge drop in CPC for everyone else.

Faucetbox has the ability to contact these people I'm sure. As I said, if you need staff I am happy to assist as the Forum Manager.

respect for involvement, but calm down Wink

Everyone know what should to do now..
thefaucetrunner

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:24:50 AM

I'll edit if you edit!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:48:05 PM

You're overreacting. No ad network will ban faucets because of actions of some users. Also, there's nothing we can do about it. Even if we ban them, they'll simply fake the messages and say they paid to FaucetBOX.com even when they didn't. That already happened many times in the past.

The best we can do is to make a better Faucets list. We're developing one for a few weeks now and I think we're close to the release now. I hope it'll also help against faucets that are scamming people using the new security features.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
thefaucetrunner

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:21:37 PM

You're overreacting. No ad network will ban faucets because of actions of some users. Also, there's nothing we can do about it. Even if we ban them, they'll simply fake the messages and say they paid to FaucetBOX.com even when they didn't. That already happened many times in the past.

The best we can do is to make a better Faucets list. We're developing one for a few weeks now and I think we're close to the release now. I hope it'll also help against faucets that are scamming people using the new security features.

I don't think I am at all. I appreciate you don't think it's an issue, but I'm fairly sure it could be.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:46:29 PM

I don't think I am at all. I appreciate you don't think it's an issue, but I'm fairly sure it could be.

The problem is that we can't do anything about it. Banning isn't a solution, they don't need access to our API to be able to scam users.

thefaucetrunner

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:52:39 PM

The problem is that we can't do anything about it. Banning isn't a solution, they don't need access to our API to be able to scam users.

Kaz, my faucets get removed for being 'broken' - despite running correctly all the time. The same reporting system could (and should) be used to make sure the claim process is clear and apparent on all faucets.

So if I'm not overreacting, we both essentially agree on the same point. I posit there is an issue that could potential affect the ecosphere, while you concede there is nothing you can think that can be done.

I believe this thread should be the place to discuss the issues of Admins, as these issues ultimately trickle down to users.

I'm not aware of any Xapo faucets that suffer from similar issues. Perhaps it's because they have a more 'corporate' sheen to their service, but I truly believe Faucetbox should employ similar features. It improves the ecosystem. The only other faucets that scam users and potentially lead people to click ads are the shady direct payment weekly faucets and hardly anyone uses those.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:02:58 PM

Kaz, my faucets get removed for being 'broken' - despite running correctly all the time. The same reporting system could (and should) be used to make sure the claim process is clear and apparent on all faucets.

We can automate checking if you site responds with HTTP 200 status (and that's what we do and what probably is taking your faucets down). We can't automate checking if the claim process is clear and apparent. That two very different problems and the same reporting system can't be used for that. It has to be manual.

Also it only applies to the Faucets list. I completely agree that scamming faucets, or faucets requiring you to click the ad shouldn't be on the list. As I said, that's something we're working on. However banning faucets from access to FaucetBOX.com API won't change anything.

So if I'm not overreacting, we both essentially agree on the same point. I posit there is an issue that could potential affect the ecosphere, while you concede there is nothing you can think that can be done.

I believe this thread should be the place to discuss the issues of Admins, as these issues ultimately trickle down to users.

Well, we're discussing it right now Smiley. But I still think you're overreacting. What happens on some faucets won't make ad networks ban all faucets.
What I agree on is that such faucets are a bad thing. And I agree that FaucetBOX.com shouldn't have such faucets on the list. I don't agree, that we should ban access to FaucetBOX.com API.

I'm not aware of any Xapo faucets that suffer from similar issues. Perhaps it's because they have a more 'corporate' sheen to their service, but I truly believe Faucetbox should employ similar features. It improves the ecosystem. The only other faucets that scam users and potentially lead people to click ads are the shady direct payment weekly faucets and hardly anyone uses those.

I think you're missing the point. It's not "Xapo faucets" or "Faucetbox faucets" that are scamming. Most scamming faucets don't connect to any service at all. The thing is that Xapo doesn't (as far as I know) provide a publicly available and simple faucet script, while FaucetBOX.com does. So it's not the FaucetBOX.com itself that is being used to scam (as scammers don't need us, really). It's the Faucet in a BOX script that's used to scam. As the script is something you download and host yourself, we can't ban it remotely. And that is the reason why there are no Xapo faucets with such issues.

Also what exactly do you mean by "similar features" that we should employ? What Xapo do? Maybe there is some solution that I'm missing, I'd love to hear about it then Smiley.

thefaucetrunner

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:20:06 PM

And I agree that FaucetBOX.com shouldn't have such faucets on the list. I don't agree, that we should ban access to FaucetBOX.com API.

Again, I disagree -I think you should. This would force them into the underground.

It's very, very easy to find these faucets. Banning the API key is precisely what should happen.

The real difficulty is that Faucetbox profits after these faucets deposit everytime. By the time a month has gone by, some of these faucets may have deposited 10 BTC - and even if they are banned by Google (in which case, they lose big time) you have still earned your 2.5%.

I estimate anywhere between 100-200BTC is paid out by Faucetbox per month as a low estimate. Let's say you earn 2.5% of that. You probably receive 100k + visits per day to the Faucet balance screens, which are Adsense enabled blocks...Faucetbox probably earns a fairly decent sum each month - regardless of the behaviour of the users.

You get paid if trick-free admins like me get botted (and I appreciate the efforts you have made to stop this) and you get paid if admins on the sites in questions trick users (and even if they get banned by Google at a later date).

You are fairly well insulated from the consequences of things, so I am just reminding you of the facts. I can understand why the matter isn't of great urgency for you - you're benefiting.

P.S. I'm not being rude, I understand my tone could be seen that way. I appreciate the service.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
imarh75

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:25:39 PM

I can hit the address suspicions and not pay them . discourage attacking the network faucetbox. indeed, and acquire many independent faucet.

because they would feel protected in knowing they will get back the money stolen by bots .
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:34:36 PM

And I agree that FaucetBOX.com shouldn't have such faucets on the list. I don't agree, that we should ban access to FaucetBOX.com API.

Again, I disagree -I think you should. This would force them into the underground.

It's very, very easy to find these faucets. Banning the API key is precisely what should happen.

I really don't get how that could help. If a faucet owner is a scammer and don't send coins to users, what would banning him change? He will still scam as usual, he doesn't care whether his API key is working. He's already underground.

The real difficulty is that Faucetbox profits after these faucets deposit everytime. By the time a month has gone by, some of these faucets may have deposited 10 BTC - and even if they are banned by Google (in which case, they lose big time) you have still earned your 2.5%.

That's not true, as we don't earn anything from the fees. Fees are only used to cover the transaction fees we have to pay to the network. So if they don't deposit, we have less fees that we need to pay to the network. If they do deposit, we have more fees that we have to pay, but we can cover that from the fee we're charging. The sum is 0 for us.

I estimate anywhere between 100-200BTC is paid out by Faucetbox per month as a low estimate. Let's say you earn 2.5% of that. You probably receive 100k + visits per day to the Faucet balance screens, which are Adsense enabled blocks...Faucetbox probably earns a fairly decent sum each month - regardless of the behaviour of the users.

You don't have to estimate that, it's public: https://faucetbox.com/stats . Unfortunately I can't comment on the AdSense, as that's against Google ToS.

You skipped my question: what Xapo does that we don't?

thefaucetrunner

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:49:25 PM

I don't know, but they're more transparent and their faucets seem to be more professionally designed in function - at least with regards to claims.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:58:29 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2015, 10:47:34 PM by Kazuldur

I don't know, but they're more transparent and their faucets seem to be more professionally designed in function - at least with regards to claims.

What's more transparent about Xapo?

I believe there's no generic "Xapo faucet script" and every Xapo faucet is a custom script created or bought by owner. Of course they'll be better. But that also applies to FaucetBOX.com. Faucets created on custom scripts are often better than generic ones created on Faucet in a BOX script.

So it looks like you're just asking us to stop providing a generic faucet script. To be honest, they'll be solve all issues you've raised Smiley. But making it easy to create and run a faucet was the key design point that we've made when creating FaucetBOX.com. That's what's making us different from Xapo.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 02:58:54 AM

That all has to do with the faucet owner and has nothing to do with faucetBox the service. I really like faucetBox, their API is easy to use to build custom faucets. If people are going to use a premade one-size-fits-all template script their site will appear in poor quality. I make my faucets custom with faucetBox. It's a great service.

Gifted

Activity: 504
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:31:45 AM

That all has to do with the faucet owner and has nothing to do with faucetBox the service. I really like faucetBox, their API is easy to use to build custom faucets. If people are going to use a premade one-size-fits-all template script their site will appear in poor quality. I make my faucets custom with faucetBox. It's a great service.
Good point coinables, I thought most people knew this. Faucet box just gives the barebones of a faucet with some extras but people are supposed to build from there.
fakirn

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:03:14 AM

we can make profits from faucetbox, it is a faucet afterall.,

can get more bitcoin if do hardwork to it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: