Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:34:23 PM

When teaching anything I always do it in baby steps, bitcoin is too revolutionary that even now not a lot of people don't understand it, so I will probably start teaching them about fiat, first I will teach them how to save money in order to get the things that they really want, then the history of money, gold and silver, fiat, and then bitcoin, I will probably add things like money supply and stuff like that in my explanations.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:41:14 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

Let them do what they want until they are mature enough, and i think at the time when they will get matured they would probably come to know about bitcoin before you tell them anything about it by seeing the growth of its user database in the world.
Legasean

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:54:28 PM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

Let them do what they want until they are mature enough, and i think at the time when they will get matured they would probably come to know about bitcoin before you tell them anything about it by seeing the growth of its user database in the world.

I also think that plus everything is these days digital so they will hear from it soon or later when they get older, you just do not have to start to early in my eyes because that is also not good.
The  age of 12 would be a perfect age to start telling them about it and let them experience with it.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:56:30 PM

Teaching kids about bitcoin , yey thats not a good idea where you can get arrested because of that some people now are the priority is kids where they help some of us from bully and you need to send them in to school so that they can easily learn more about programming and many more.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 01:37:42 PM

Teaching kids about bitcoin , yey thats not a good idea where you can get arrested because of that some people now are the priority is kids where they help some of us from bully and you need to send them in to school so that they can easily learn more about programming and many more.
That's too gross mate, of course you cannot be arrested, teaching your kids about bitcoin is not an illegal action so that is not against the law. For some parents they want to educate their children early because they believe it will be the currency of the future so we need to respect them.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
ttargett

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:06:03 PM

When teaching anything I always do it in baby steps, bitcoin is too revolutionary that even now not a lot of people don't understand it, so I will probably start teaching them about fiat, first I will teach them how to save money in order to get the things that they really want, then the history of money, gold and silver, fiat, and then bitcoin, I will probably add things like money supply and stuff like that in my explanations.
the same for me, i just tell everything in small detail because with bitcoin it is the easiest to do it like that, and i think then kids would be interested
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:17:50 PM

That's too gross mate, of course you cannot be arrested, teaching your kids about bitcoin is not an illegal action so that is not against the law. For some parents they want to educate their children early because they believe it will be the currency of the future so we need to respect them.
But in some countries, other than prescribed educational system, parents should not force anything to children beyond their preferences. Like anyone else, we should treat our kids to have their own opinion about bitcoin. But introducing bitcoin to them must be a response for every parent.
wxa7115

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 06:50:31 PM

But in some countries, other than prescribed educational system, parents should not force anything to children beyond their preferences. Like anyone else, we should treat our kids to have their own opinion about bitcoin. But introducing bitcoin to them must be a response for every parent.

This is correct, but it is not like we will teach them about bitcoin in a “cult” way, if expose them to the knowledge of this new technology in a responsible way then there should not be any kind of problem.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 06:57:43 PM

This is correct, but it is not like we will teach them about bitcoin in a “cult” way, if expose them to the knowledge of this new technology in a responsible way then there should not be any kind of problem.
Yeah we can not push kids if what they want anytime they can study bitcoin if they are really want to learn about bitcoins.. but i think 1/10 kid will want to learn about bitcoin if the kid has a high IQ and thinking for his future..
ayesha sadiqa

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:11:12 AM

yes i am agree with you, it is really a bad idea to teach to kids about bitcoin or any other income source, i think students should only give importance to their study and should not involve themselves in other activities,
wxa7115

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 07:45:29 PM

yes i am agree with you, it is really a bad idea to teach to kids about bitcoin or any other income source, i think students should only give importance to their study and should not involve themselves in other activities,
I disagree, people must be taught from an early age about money, after all you are going to work for close to one third of your life in exchange for money, besides one of the reasons we are in this state of economic trouble is because people never took the time to learn about money.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:58:08 PM

I am not going to teach my kids about Bitcoin because I do not think that it is needed for them to learn about Bitcoin.
They can focus on other things like sports and school which is better for them.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:31:27 PM

It is risky to let kids into Bitcoin world. Not maybe because of Bitcoin itself but soon they may get involved with illegal stuff and markets that Bitcoin is also conected to (like Darknet). And how wise is to let kids to deal with money on their own?

malaj
krishna1

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:04:52 PM

we should build some intrestng and advanture type game which if played online will pay them bitcoin or we can make some educcational stuffs about bitcoin and kids will learn about currency too

Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:57:50 PM

Its maybe hard to really teach them things about the bitcoin but that is also the age they are in of course.
I think if you show them a simple video its already enough.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:35:06 PM

Dont teach kid at his age of 10 to 13 to use bitcoin its no good for them instead teach them on how they going to succeed soon when they go to school make sense if you teach kids to thing that they can bitcoin its like teaching them bad things
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:36:36 PM

there's a alt called Bellacoins, there kids can play chess and earn some coins, player vs player or player vs computer.
Which is nice, because they can learn chess and win some (little) money too... I don't know, maybe shools can teach more about money, to be honest, we just learn things we don't use in the adult life lol
bestluck

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:45:15 PM

And we know that bitcoin is a new emerging technology which will be involve in every business and digital financial systems so it is much beneficial for parents to teach their kids about the technology of bitcoin and when they grow to their high school level then they should have to learn about earning online too.
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:49:43 AM

It is risky to let kids into Bitcoin world. Not maybe because of Bitcoin itself but soon they may get involved with illegal stuff and markets that Bitcoin is also conected to (like Darknet). And how wise is to let kids to deal with money on their own?

Well, so they don't will learn about dollar because dollar can buy crack? That's it?
Blockchain is the future, blockchain will change the world, bitcoin is the better example of this technology, why not teach your kids?
Let the kids build a new world!
Viyamore

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:20:56 AM

Well, so they don't will learn about dollar because dollar can buy crack? That's it?
Blockchain is the future, blockchain will change the world, bitcoin is the better example of this technology, why not teach your kids?
Let the kids build a new world!
I agree on you reply chief MonkeyJunk ,i think also its better to teach them now cause it will help them a lot especially now as investung also they will learn how to handle money and how to make smart investing. Kids now are very agressive and exploring things they didn't know especially now the modern technology .but Chief BingoDog i think if they got connected to darknet its so dangerous especially making transaction there , i think kids won't do a transactions on that part of internet unless they don't know that every move they do FBI is watching them .if they know the sanctions or consequences when they track they will surely be afraid off.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: