Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:57:19 PM

i think you do not need to teach kids about bitcoins, you just need to introduce them to this global virtual gold. the keen ones will learn about them on their own with time. however there are a lot of ways to introduce bitcoins to kids. you can include them in the kids' school syllabus, create some fun learning apps, include them in kid's magazines, encourage parents to tell their kids about it, spread awareness etc.

LOL though i agree with the ways you mentioned on how to teach kids about btc, the first you said makes a lot more sense. Why would you teach kids about something they don't really need to learn about yet? There are more things kids need to first that are more essential in their young lives that bitcoin.
Those ideas arent bad at all but its somehow useless into those stages knowing children cant easily adopt on complicated things and we should not go into a serious mode on forcing them to learn about bitcoin instead of minding to implement this,we should either teach them on the things which would really be essential for their learning and for their future.
Just mentioning it and show them how it works is more than enough and they will know more than 90% of people about it. Like you said, they have more important things to learn. Teenagers on the other hand have a lot of time on their hands and most of them don't do anything productive with it. Crypto could be a good hobby and introduce them to several notions (like trading, coding and so on).

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:00:08 PM

i think you do not need to teach kids about bitcoins, you just need to introduce them to this global virtual gold. the keen ones will learn about them on their own with time. however there are a lot of ways to introduce bitcoins to kids. you can include them in the kids' school syllabus, create some fun learning apps, include them in kid's magazines, encourage parents to tell their kids about it, spread awareness etc.

LOL though i agree with the ways you mentioned on how to teach kids about btc, the first you said makes a lot more sense. Why would you teach kids about something they don't really need to learn about yet? There are more things kids need to first that are more essential in their young lives that bitcoin.
Those ideas arent bad at all but its somehow useless into those stages knowing children cant easily adopt on complicated things and we should not go into a serious mode on forcing them to learn about bitcoin instead of minding to implement this,we should either teach them on the things which would really be essential for their learning and for their future.
currently they do not need to know about bitcoin, because they are not gong to implement it in their life. there are  a lot other things that are too much important to learn about it. i think bitcoin will a little more time to become so popular to be use in local shops and then even the kids will learn about its use. but currently they do not need to learn how to use bitcoin. because currently bitcoin is only use for investment and trading. and kids do not have to do any thing with it.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:27:48 PM

if you're talking about the kids younger than 12-13 years old, this won't be easy. but if you're talking about 14-15 year old kids, they're already very tend to learn someting about digital and technologic things.
I know how to play video games since I was 5 years old and therefore, I do think that it is not hard to teach a young child about bitcoin. Well if they know how to use money and computer, they will know how to use bitcoin in just a few weeks

yes you are right teaching bitcoin to kids are not a tough job because kids know more about technology and especially video games and they know about every game and very experts in that, so i think like games if we make them understand of bitcoin in a simple way then they can easily get bitcoin information.
kevinn669

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:22:11 PM

if you're talking about the kids younger than 12-13 years old, this won't be easy. but if you're talking about 14-15 year old kids, they're already very tend to learn someting about digital and technologic things.
I know how to play video games since I was 5 years old and therefore, I do think that it is not hard to teach a young child about bitcoin. Well if they know how to use money and computer, they will know how to use bitcoin in just a few weeks

yes you are right teaching bitcoin to kids are not a tough job because kids know more about technology and especially video games and they know about every game and very experts in that, so i think like games if we make them understand of bitcoin in a simple way then they can easily get bitcoin information.
I do not mind that children get information about bitcoin. But I would not like my children to waste time on making bitcoin instead of learning. This will distract the children. I think that it is not necessary to focus on children

████████████                                                     
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███          ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       
 ██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███         ██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌   ██▀▀▀▀██▄▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀       
 ██     ██  ███   ▄▄    ██▄    ▀    ██     ██ ██   ██     ██    ██           
 ██ ▄▄▄██▀  ███  ████   ▀██████▄    ██    ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ██ ▄▄▄██▀    ██           
 ██  ▀██▄   ███   ▀▀    ▄    ▀██    ██    ███████  ██  ▀██▄     ██           
 ██    ▀██▄ ███         ██▄▄▄▄██    ██   ▐█▌   ▐█▌ ██    ▀██▄   ██           
 ▀▀      ▀▀ ███          ▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀   ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀   ▀▀           
            ████████████     █████████████                                   
                                       ███                                   
         ████████ ██▄      ██          ███  ████████▄   ▄▄█████▄▄  ██▄     ▄██
         ██       ████▄    ██     ▄▄   ███  ██    ▀██ ▐██▀     ▀██  ▀██▄ ▄██▀
         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██▀███▄  ██    ████  ███  ██   ▄▄██ ██              ▀███▀   
         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ▀███▄██     ▀▀   ███  ██ ███▀▀  ██    ██████     ▐█▌   
         ██       ██    ▀████          ███  ██  ▀██▄  ▐██▄     ▄██     ▐█▌   
         ████████ ██      ▀██          ███  ██    ▀██▄  ▀▀█████▀▀      ▐█▌   
                              ████████████                                   
      ▄▄▄▄        ▄███▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄████▀
               █████   
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀   
 ▀▀████████▌ ▐██▌     
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀ ▄▄   
               █████▄ 
             █▄ ▀████▌
             ███  ▀███▌
             ███    ▀▀▀
             ███       
             ███       
             ███           
            ▐███▌     
           ▄█████▄     
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Register and Get Access
Facebook   Telegram
Twitter       Announcement
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:48:17 PM

If you teach your children about the using of Bitcoin that how they will be able to purchase things with Bitcoin then they will not take a longer time to learn it because kids like to spend money for their needs. While if you will try to teach them the earning of Bitcoin then it will not easy for them because kids like to get free money from their parents.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:09:05 PM

This is it, just giving them a short background about bitcoin is already fine. But it's also good if you will teach them all the knowledge you know in bitcoin so that those kids will be educated properly base on the knowledge you have with bitcoin. And by letting them play some good apps is also a good thing for you to introduce them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:33:53 PM

but bitcoin is a serious subject and not a game, i do not think that they will take any interest in bitcoin, they live never like to learn about bitcoin trading and bitcoin investment.  they l like to take interest in physical games which they more likely play with their hands and feet, like football, cricket, hide and seek etc. but then will never like to take interest in such a serious subject and  i even think that if they will learn from bitcoin it cannot give them any benefit in current position.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:40:36 PM

In teaching the kids about bitcoin, your should try to motivated them to value money all the time and explain to them how it works to the lives of the people. Step by step reading can be a good help so that they may study the terms in the forum topics that can be appliex by the time they joined the bitcoin jobs and earn some btc's online. So in order to learn you must excert effort in guiding them and make them more interested in the bitcoin economy.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:16:18 PM

Most kids from 7 years of age up to 12years old are focus on play. I think we dont need to rush them because at their age its not
the right time yet to do it. Kids must enjoy  their childhood period besides bitcoin is not forcing anyone to  take it. But it is a real
big help to people.
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:29:35 AM

Most kids from 7 years of age up to 12years old are focus on play. I think we dont need to rush them because at their age its not
the right time yet to do it. Kids must enjoy  their childhood period besides bitcoin is not forcing anyone to  take it. But it is a real
big help to people.
Yes, and we should give a toy related bitcoin can, through the games or toys symbols we write bitcoin, then he would be interested to learn about bitcoin. Besides that we can show the videos related bitcoin.
mastadonballs

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:59:35 AM

I think the best way to teach any single one is to make them practice with what they are learning, In this situation, we should let the kids use Bitcoin for a time and they can learn about Bitcoin themself
Laska_Forum

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:06:23 AM

I don't know but I can tell you how I teach my kids: I wanted them to do a lot of exercices so that they can easily understand how to learn so that I think we can do the same to Bitcoin
myelbow4

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:31:39 AM

I'm sure that in some cases children could teach their parents about Bitcoin. Sometimes kids now more then we know or want to beleive they are involved in. I know some cases where kids were earning bitcoins even with some illegal activities and parents thought they use computer only for playing games and Facebook.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:35:11 AM

I'm sure that in some cases children could teach their parents about Bitcoin. Sometimes kids now more then we know or want to beleive they are involved in. I know some cases where kids were earning bitcoins even with some illegal activities and parents thought they use computer only for playing games and Facebook.

I don't think that who you are talking about are kids anymore. Because when I'm thinking about kids I always think of them in ages 12 or below which still does not have enough cognitive knowledge to learn complex things like Bitcoin, at that age I don't even think that they are interested in earning money. Teenagers on the other hand always wants to find a way on how to earn money just like what teenagers do online.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
zoelhack

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:16:56 AM

Make a game or game for a yin child concerning bitcoin in it, and the prize of the game is a coin that must be collected. And after giving the bitcoin on in order to collect the coins faster again.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:48:58 PM

Make a game or game for a yin child concerning bitcoin in it, and the prize of the game is a coin that must be collected. And after giving the bitcoin on in order to collect the coins faster again.

The game is good for children to know about the existence of bitcoin, but in any game there are the second and most important component of the prize. If your child is going to play year to collect the coins on one of kinder surprise it will not add to his love for bitcoin.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 01:14:21 PM

I think bitcoin i not for kid basically bitcoin is hard to understand so teach it with the kids will be a hard time because the bitcoin is not user friendly me as a teenager bitcoin for me is very hard to understand at the first. so I think it's no for kids to use bitcoin.
cruz49

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:15:38 PM

we can't just put all idea of bitcoin in their faces they are too young to understand what is crypto currencies,, but we can teach them how to save money and hoard some things not money because they can't just hold too much money in their young ages,
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:28:50 PM

we can't just put all idea of bitcoin in their faces they are too young to understand what is crypto currencies,, but we can teach them how to save money and hoard some things not money because they can't just hold too much money in their young ages,

They are young but they understand some things better than we do, beleive me. They are Internet generation, they get different information all around and learn very quickly. Maybe kids are not ready and they wouldn't suppose to "play"  with money but teenagers are very skilled. Some are already here on the forum.

malaj
bakkang

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:06:48 AM

As with anything that has to do with kids, timing is always essential. Don’t wait too long to introduce them to money management but don’t force them to understand things really early on in their lives either. I think the best way to introduce them to bitcoin is between the age of 9 and 12 when they already have a full grasp of how money works and what it can do to help in your daily lives. Children today are also very intelligent and much advanced compared to us when we were kids.
Agree with you bro, timing is very important and I believe that kids is really intelligent nowadays. With this 21st century children should be prepared with everything especially when it comes to money and this preparation stage is good with the age of 9 years old and up. With their early age they should understand how money works.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: