Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:27:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?  (Read 368852 times)
BombayChicken

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:54:24 AM

Maybe it would be good for your self to hold and maybe the price would rise allot after a viewyears that you are making money with it but what i do know is that you need to make money with bitcoin deals and trades not just by holding some of them.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:57:14 AM

Nobody knows what to expect from the future. Nobody knows what will it bring us. Therefore we never know what is better to do. I'm going to keep it AT LEAST until the 1st of 2018. I don't know why but I have this feeling to do it.
Adrayrd

Activity: 271

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:15:55 AM

Holding bitcoins can be good for your own but not for the rest that is using bitcoins you know there are so many peopel just holding and that will not be positive for the prise of the bitcoin for sure
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:46:28 AM

What i do know is that holding bitcoins on a long period is not really profitable for everyone it can be for you but also not because trading bitcoins makes allot more than just holding for sure.
Bradexterb

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:46:36 AM

Holdijng bitcoins wont make allot of profit because you need to start trading everytime you trade good you make money so when you trade everyday you make money everyday and when you hold you wont make money everyday maybe some in the month.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:48:11 AM

Yes holding bitcoin for long is a good way to make money cause it just went up from 550 to 600 for example, so if you had 10 you would've made 500 profit. Anyways they will rise higher and higher resulting into a higher percentage profit. If they drop be sure to buy even more because after a drop they will get up above the previous price before the drop.
Universat

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:08:59 PM

It is good way as i earn from it a lot  but it is pretty slow way to earn

It would probably be slow as the OP also mentioned in his question that would it be a good way of earning money if we hold the coins for a long time, and that long time does not guarantee you if how much you will earn, now it depends on the value of the coins, if it rises more you will earn more and if it just stays low then you wont earn much.

we should have to rely on long term investments in bitcoin as I have experience in that, with long term I do not lose any coin, as a few months ago I bought some coins at $600 and after that the price dropped to $506 and then started to rise again and today I am seeing the price once again at more than $600.

It's not a big deal when you buy some coins at a certain price, that it starts going down from there. You don't lose anything at all if you don't sell your coins at a loss. Just having patience for the price to go up is enough to see your coins gain value again. This of course is assuming that you have bought your coin at decent prices and not at peaks as the all time high back in the days.

You are right that we do not have to sell our coins at lost and that is the point towards that it is better to do long term trades, with bitcoin I do long term investment, and till now I did not faced any lose with my bitcoin.
i think you are the lucky person that you have not book lost in your life time in bitcoin, i personally also like long term investment, there are very little chance of loosing bitcoin in long term investment, i have invested some bitcoin for long term investment and i am hopeful that it will really give me agood proft at the end.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:45:25 PM

Holding bitcoins can be good for your own but not for the rest that is using bitcoins you know there are so many peopel just holding and that will not be positive for the prise of the bitcoin for sure

i think it is also god for others as with that the supply of bitcoin reduces and so with a constant demand from public increases the price of bitcoin and all the users of bitcoin get a good profit from their bitcoins.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:06:52 AM

Yes holding bitcoin for long is a good way to make money cause it just went up from 550 to 600 for example, so if you had 10 you would've made 500 profit. Anyways they will rise higher and higher resulting into a higher percentage profit. If they drop be sure to buy even more because after a drop they will get up above the previous price before the drop.

In order to make profit, you have to start selling some coins. If you keep holding and you see your coins have gone up in value, then it's basically only a statistic showing the higher value, and that's it. That's also the same for coins going down in value. You only lose when you are selling your coins. Basic things that a lot people don't seem to know, or care about.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 08:56:37 AM

Holding bitcoin long can turn out two ways, you win or you lose your money. Because bitcoin is still rising I think time is now to make money. Hold them now and sell them when they are on their high point. Maybe we can reach 1k+ or even 2k+ that would be great news and then we can sell them. So yes holding bitcoin is a good way but also bad you never know whats happening next.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 09:06:45 AM

In order to make profit, you have to start selling some coins. If you keep holding and you see your coins have gone up in value, then it's basically only a statistic showing the higher value, and that's it. That's also the same for coins going down in value. You only lose when you are selling your coins. Basic things that a lot people don't seem to know, or care about.

depends on the confidence and the target of everyone. if they believe and targets to sell over $2k, they will not sell when it has reached $1k. but it is true as you say, must sell most bitcoin at a certain price, or otherwise prices will drop and we will wait any longer.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:15:57 AM

depends on the confidence and the target of everyone. if they believe and targets to sell over $2k, they will not sell when it has reached $1k. but it is true as you say, must sell most bitcoin at a certain price, or otherwise prices will drop and we will wait any longer.

Self  goals or aims which  could make them hold their coins  on any situation no matter what but still its  an unwise decision since you could  maximize  the profits with your  bitcoins   that you hold as of now. Reaching a certain amount   on your desire which is your target to sell your bitcoin but  i wouldnt help to the  bitcoins ecosystem for able to  grow more in the future.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:21:38 AM

Self  goals or aims which  could make them hold their coins  on any situation no matter what but still its  an unwise decision since you could  maximize  the profits with your  bitcoins   that you hold as of now. Reaching a certain amount   on your desire which is your target to sell your bitcoin but  i wouldnt help to the  bitcoins ecosystem for able to  grow more in the future.

I agree bitcoin is like ecosystem we should roll it not keep it i think if that will happen if all of us keeping bitcoin and wait until the price rises that it could affect bitcoin. But we can say that it is safer if yyou just wait and hold your bitcoin until the exact price but if you invest or do something to earn more is very risky but you can earn it fast.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:26:45 PM

I agree bitcoin is like ecosystem we should roll it not keep it i think if that will happen if all of us keeping bitcoin and wait until the price rises that it could affect bitcoin. But we can say that it is safer if yyou just wait and hold your bitcoin until the exact price but if you invest or do something to earn more is very risky but you can earn it fast.

Without taking risk earning good profit is really hard, but as mentioned by the above mate can earn with the price variation that takes place periodically. If the price gets stabilized for a long the earning won't be much in a short time holding, better is to involve into various earning methods with small amounts as investment.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:57:26 PM

yeah quite good, if you have a lot of bitcoin in hold for the long term. but if the money is not much, hold for the long term is not a good way to make money. better trade to make money short term.

Yes if you want long term big money go invest in bitcoin and hold it in there. If you want short term money then this is not so good cause it takes quite a while for the bitcoin to go up high enough to be profitable etc.. Short term money is easier to come by via trading then via doing nothing.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 05:46:07 PM

Holding bitcoin will be the best idea since it is expected to go much higher in the following months.i would advice to  keep more  bitcoins as saving and invest the rest of bitcoins in trading. but remember trading is risky.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 08:31:05 PM

Holding bitcoin will be the best idea since it is expected to go much higher in the following months.i would advice to  keep more  bitcoins as saving and invest the rest of bitcoins in trading. but remember trading is risky.
Yes, when we are comparing holding bitcoin against trading bitcoin, definitely holding bitcoin must be the wisest idea to gain more profits but after considerably long duration. If you are ready to hold your Bitcoins for years, then trading bitcoin is not needed to make profits.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 2450

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 08:40:32 PM

Holding everything you got as bitcoins definitely not a good idea. But holding no Bitcoins is also not a good idea neither.

What you need is diversification. Hold a percentage of your wealth as bitcoins so you won't worry about the pumps anymore. If you dont invest more than %10 of your money in bitcoins, you probably wont care about dumps neither. If a mega pump happens in the future you can earn endlessly. If a mega dump happens, you will only lose %10 and that is if the prices hit absolute zero, which is impossible until the core gets hacked.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 10:22:45 PM

yeah quite good, if you have a lot of bitcoin in hold for the long term. but if the money is not much, hold for the long term is not a good way to make money. better trade to make money short term.

Yes if you want long term big money go invest in bitcoin and hold it in there. If you want short term money then this is not so good cause it takes quite a while for the bitcoin to go up high enough to be profitable etc.. Short term money is easier to come by via trading then via doing nothing.

and in short term no one know that what will be the position of the price of bitcoin in that specific time, so we can expect a good profit from long term investment in bitcoin, while short term investment is advisable only for altcoins to get some profit.

Hire me for your campaign management
Doubler Disburser 232515

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 10:38:31 PM

It's like holding onto a stamp or a painting or sculpture, you're waiting for the price of the object to increase without it paying you anything such as a dividend that shares purchased on the stock exchange would payout.

Most people are really only paying for the privilege of using BitCoin with over inflated prices for a handful of dollars (or even just penny transactions) with there being no real difference between a large or small size BitCoin transaction.

Like the proverbial glass cookie jar, put a little bit away each week and see how it accumulates over a year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: