Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:17:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me your predictions about Bitcoin  (Read 234778 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:06:34 AM

Everybody seems to think that Bitcoin will just keep growing in value over time....I'm not so sure of that prediction.  Are new technologies being considered?  Yes, I loved my old Commodore 64....but it just can't do what my laptop does....right? 

but heres the difference though, bitcoin is the only thing thats really unable to duplicate.

unless you find another satoshi nakamoto and recreate it for something else or a similay system. this technology itself is rare.

Are you sure? I think that in future bitcoin can easily be duplicated and have a very similar system, an exact replica of the technology too maybe, but that would be similar to someone creating an exact replica of facebook. Will people give it a look? Yes. Will people migrate to facebook or stop using facebook? No. Facebook will always have a giant monopoly in social media largely because they are able to maintain and control the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 02:49:55 AM

Everybody seems to think that Bitcoin will just keep growing in value over time....I'm not so sure of that prediction.  Are new technologies being considered?  Yes, I loved my old Commodore 64....but it just can't do what my laptop does....right? 

but heres the difference though, bitcoin is the only thing thats really unable to duplicate.

unless you find another satoshi nakamoto and recreate it for something else or a similay system. this technology itself is rare.

Are you sure? I think that in future bitcoin can easily be duplicated and have a very similar system, an exact replica of the technology too maybe, but that would be similar to someone creating an exact replica of facebook. Will people give it a look? Yes. Will people migrate to facebook or stop using facebook? No. Facebook will always have a giant monopoly in social media largely because they are able to maintain and control the market.

The Facebook analogy is nice!  Here's a twist on it: The myspace fan base moved on to a more reliable venue, facebook...and the bitcoin fan base will also migrate to a more advanced system, (NEXT GENERATION)....it's the law of entropy....smile....Hint:  Keep an eye on the work of Sunny King...or the Ethereum team!
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 07:08:37 AM

Hint:  Keep an eye on the work of Sunny King...or the Ethereum team!

Sunny King is the magician who with its touch will became everything he will touch in gold. He has the help of Ethereum team with which are creating the most awesome coin which will get down bitcoin and all other coins. Remain to see for which purpose this coin will be used.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:22:54 PM

The Facebook analogy is nice!  Here's a twist on it: The myspace fan base moved on to a more reliable venue, facebook...and the bitcoin fan base will also migrate to a more advanced system, (NEXT GENERATION)....it's the law of entropy....smile....Hint:  Keep an eye on the work of Sunny King...or the Ethereum team!

Myspace fan base evolved when there was another service which was unable to provide the quality of features, myspace couldn't keep up with the needs of its markets, so facebook conquered their market. The only way bitcoin could fail in such a scenario would be a much more advanced coin is born and makes bitcoin look like a technology which is lightyears behind. If a similar scenario takes place, I'll be damned.

Sunny King is the magician who with its touch will became everything he will touch in gold. He has the help of Ethereum team with which are creating the most awesome coin which will get down bitcoin and all other coins. Remain to see for which purpose this coin will be used.

who the f is Sunny King and Ethereum team, you've peaked my interest. Some links and info please Cheesy
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:37:19 PM

Myspace fan base evolved when there was another service which was unable to provide the quality of features, myspace couldn't keep up with the needs of its markets, so facebook conquered their market. The only way bitcoin could fail in such a scenario would be a much more advanced coin is born and makes bitcoin look like a technology which is lightyears behind. If a similar scenario takes place, I'll be damned.

who the f is Sunny King and Ethereum team, you've peaked my interest. Some links and info please Cheesy

Why Sunny King, the king of Alabama car dealers, of course-

http://www.sunnyking.com/
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:27:13 AM

i think it will stay on 200$ price floor until december
thats my prediction about bitcoin

Now prices looks quite stable or move upwards then down. So from here looks slowly move towards 300 mark soon or later
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 01:45:23 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peercoin
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 01:50:48 AM

Not saying the NBT/NSR/PPC system will over take BTC....but the thinking and reasoning is solid.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:02:11 AM

Not saying the NBT/NSR/PPC system will over take BTC....but the thinking and reasoning is solid.

All of those are just nice experiments, and once side chains kick in we will not need altcoins to experiments, experiments will be able to be ran under the blockchain, which means altcoins will lose value since who needs alts when you can reinvent and develop things within the bitcoin ecosystem.
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:58:09 PM

i can see bitcoin 5 years from now being shown in our local telivision as an advertisement, topic on a talk show, news and etc.
i can't wait for it happen especially local bitcoin related services being aired and advertised on local tv

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 02:06:34 PM

We just have to get some support from large services and allow consumerism to grow.

btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:14:58 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 11:46:48 AM by btccashacc

i can see bitcoin 5 years from now being shown in our local telivision as an advertisement, topic on a talk show, news and etc.
i can't wait for it happen especially local bitcoin related services being aired and advertised on local tv

maybe we will see Bitcoin Logo at all shop in the world Grin
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:38:45 PM

We just have to get some support from large services and allow consumerism to grow.

This "just have to" sounds that it should be no problem to get big companies and merchants in the boat. But reality shows as it is difficult to get the big guys really in. The network still has many issues and unsolved problems. As long as that is the case mass adoption won't happen and consumption via using Bitcoin will stay a niche.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:15:31 AM

Bitcoin price is going down with time, if we look in 5 years history. This is one of problems, people loosing BTC value   Angry
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:17:04 AM

Going down but long term price is up only. In 2017 price will skyrocket to 5000$ or more.
smartkiller

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:24:22 PM

using Bitcoins where you can trade predictions about
future events, and earn money if your predictions are
correct.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 06:09:30 PM

This "just have to" sounds that it should be no problem to get big companies and merchants in the boat. But reality shows as it is difficult to get the big guys really in. The network still has many issues and unsolved problems. As long as that is the case mass adoption won't happen and consumption via using Bitcoin will stay a niche.

Bitcoin network is still very young, needs many improvement and will be improved a lot in the upcoming games near future. We have just scratched a tip of the iceberg when we talk about Bitcoin and blockchain technology. We just need time.

As for the big companies and financial players, yes, these are the hardest to get on board. These are the people that are dealing with huge profits and they don't have time and money for wasting and won't get into something if this something doesn't seem secure for them. But we are slowly gaining confidence of the big players and big companies as well.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 08:26:33 PM

using Bitcoins where you can trade predictions about
future events, and earn money if your predictions are
correct.

Are you an Ethereum investor?  If not, then check it out.  Predictions markets are going to be big if somebody can produce an acceptably workable model.  For sure.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:24:34 PM

It was on the news for the chinese at one point, when they were heavily promoting it but this was back 2 years agoish.

I dont know about now. But, yeah its possible.

I dont know if its anytime soon even within the 5 year reach to be honest. Since bitcoin has a uphill battle with perception - people hear it and they naturally assume its a scam.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:37:00 PM

Everybody seems to think that Bitcoin will just keep growing in value over time....I'm not so sure of that prediction.  Are new technologies being considered?  Yes, I loved my old Commodore 64....but it just can't do what my laptop does....right?  

The Facebook analogy is nice!  Here's a twist on it: The myspace fan base moved on to a more reliable venue, facebook...and the bitcoin fan base will also migrate to a more advanced system, (NEXT GENERATION)....it's the law of entropy....smile....Hint:  Keep an eye on the work of Sunny King...or the Ethereum team!

When O when will the Myspace/Facebook analogy be put to bed?

It's not a website. It's a technology and financial system.

It cost the people who switched to Facebook NOTHING. When you personally have hundreds or thousands of dollars tied up in one system, let alone millions in the case of certain large holders or businesses, the incentive to stay there and improve what you've got is just a little bit more powerful, no?

And if people did decide to switch en masse they'd be left with nothing because the rush to sell would turn the market to dust. You could maybe get 1-5% of all the value tied up in it out before you squeezed the order books fatally dry.

Bitcoin can be replicated trillions of times a day. The only thing that gives it value is a large number of people agreeing that it has value and choosing to trust it.

There certainly is a world of room for alts to rise but there has to be a bedrock. If people skip from coin to coin as soon as another one pops along with some extra tinsel then it's good night for the whole thing. No one in their right mind will ever trust crypto if that's how it pans out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: