Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:52:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246121 times)
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:46:14 AM

Bitcoin or cash are safe and secure but cash can be steal.
Your cash is stolen because snatched your wallet or because someone pointed a knife on you. That can happen to your bitcoins as well. In the far future, snatching bitcoins would be pointing a gun on your and force you to give them your private keys or scan their QR code so you send your coins to them.

It's more likely to get your bitcoins stolen because of all the phishing sites and virus that's going around on the internet. You use the internet everyday, you click links, and one of those links might get your PC infected with computer virus.

Yeah, as of right now obviously the odds of getting your coins stolen online versus on the streets is like 100:0, but in the future who knows.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:17:08 AM

Your cash is stolen because snatched your wallet or because someone pointed a knife on you. That can happen to your bitcoins as well. In the far future, snatching bitcoins would be pointing a gun on your and force you to give them your private keys or scan their QR code so you send your coins to them.

It's more likely to get your bitcoins stolen because of all the phishing sites and virus that's going around on the internet. You use the internet everyday, you click links, and one of those links might get your PC infected with computer virus.

Yeah, as of right now obviously the odds of getting your coins stolen online versus on the streets is like 100:0, but in the future who knows.
100:0? So basically in your case you're losing all of your coins every single day? Since you said 100. And then it's 100% safe for you to walk in the streets even though you wear all those gold rings, and blatantly use your phones since you said 0. I think you're overestimating things since there's still a big chance of you getting robbed in the streets or maybe it depends on your area if you live in a ghetto-ish place or not. Nonetheless, we shouldn't be so confident just because we use bitcoin or fiat. Our money will never be safe.

GMPoison

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:24:34 AM

100:0? So basically in your case you're losing all of your coins every single day? Since you said 100. And then it's 100% safe for you to walk in the streets even though you wear all those gold rings, and blatantly use your phones since you said 0. I think you're overestimating things since there's still a big chance of you getting robbed in the streets or maybe it depends on your area if you live in a ghetto-ish place or not. Nonetheless, we shouldn't be so confident just because we use bitcoin or fiat. Our money will never be safe.

I think the chances of you getting robbed on the streets for your bitcoin are 0.1% and clicking on a bad link and download malware is 99.9%, in the scenario where your coins are robbed from you and either of the two scenarios are the only ones that could possibly happen.

Of course though I did say "in the future who knows" because like you I too agree that we shouldn't be so confident, who knows what the future holds!
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:42:01 AM

Bitcoin will be use as single currency and having same value in all place.
WTF what are you talking about ? You said that cash is safe but in the second sentence you claimed that cash can be stolen. I am confused about what you said there. Bitcoin is better than cash in many ways and I think you should go home and learn to make some literal writing
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:20:32 PM

because of the bitcoin is the best investment option in the compare the gold, silver, land, stocks and other investments. with bitcoin things easier, will not be lost because of stolen and damaged others.
currently people are giving preference to bitcoin on fiat because of investment facilities, because bitcoin can be use as investment because as currency bitcoin is not available everywhere in the world but hope that very soon people will start using it as currency for buying and seeling.
Xenophoto

Merit: 502

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:33:31 AM

because of the bitcoin is the best investment option in the compare the gold, silver, land, stocks and other investments. with bitcoin things easier, will not be lost because of stolen and damaged others.
currently people are giving preference to bitcoin on fiat because of investment facilities, because bitcoin can be use as investment because as currency bitcoin is not available everywhere in the world but hope that very soon people will start using it as currency for buying and seeling.
I agree with both of you that bitcoin is a good form of investment. Those people that has invested last year has already doubled/tripled their money.

Bitcoin doesn't need to be available or accepted all over the world for you to be happy about its usability. I think that bitcoin is already good at where it is right now but I don't mean that it should stop growing there. We can now buy stuffs online using bitcoins. Digital goods can be bought using bitcoins. Bitcoin exists on the internet, and not in the physical world. That's why bitcoin is mainly used for digital transactions for digital goods. It's already serving us its purpose.

GMPoison

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:37:54 AM

I agree with both of you that bitcoin is a good form of investment. Those people that has invested last year has already doubled/tripled their money.

Bitcoin doesn't need to be available or accepted all over the world for you to be happy about its usability. I think that bitcoin is already good at where it is right now but I don't mean that it should stop growing there. We can now buy stuffs online using bitcoins. Digital goods can be bought using bitcoins. Bitcoin exists on the internet, and not in the physical world. That's why bitcoin is mainly used for digital transactions for digital goods. It's already serving us its purpose.

We can buy stuff offline too though!
markyminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:16:39 PM

Well in my opinion the bitcoin has a lot of advantages if you compare it with the normal cash in real life.
Firstly you can not lose it at all so that is the first sweet reason why its better.
Another reason is due to the fact its much safer, you can get robbed and mostly if people break in your house there is nothing weird, no cash.
I think cash is also a old method to pay, everything is gonna be digital in the future.
Yes bitcoin is really a good transaction medium, but I think the main reason is that the new generation is interested in online buying and selling and the governments are also now thinking about to issues a online currency so as to facilitate their people according to the need of the modern time.
yes you can not do anything with cash if you want to make a transaction online , i mean you can do it but with a very complicated way and long journey until your cash become a digital money like have to deposit to paypal or something.

with bitcoin you just need buy bitcoin from someone near you and spend it online .
Compared to cash, bitcoin is the best when use online. They are both faster but bitcoin is cheaper and more secured to hide our real identity, with cash, we cannot transact online anonymously and they will never have that for us as they want to expose our identity to them.
A good reason, when many restrictions in the access our money, bitcoin provide solutions. Security issues are paramount, money in the bank can be easily lost, but with bitcoin is very trust because difficult to stolen or in raid, and the most important point is investment, we save money in the bank just as inanimate objects that did not increase, but the bitcoin can provide tremendous benefits.
the use of bitcoin is gradually increasing, still most of the people are using bitcoin for investment because they have no facilities of using bitcoin as currency, but as the users of bitcoin are increasing therefore the facilities of bitcoins are also increasing to use it as currency, because in such areas where the bitcoin users are in majority there the shopkeepers have start accepting bitcoin.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
emezh10

Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:45:41 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
Yes bitcoin has more security because you are the one who will manage it aside for that you can use wallet for you to save,convert or even pay bills and used it as a load. Bitcoin also increasing its value everyday so it totally great for investing . It has a fast transaction characteristic to for people to use it. For now future of bitcoin is great if many people will continue to support it and give more importance to it like cash. Really bitcoin is the new cash all around the world.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:49:38 PM

Very good points. I'd like to add:

5) Banks can't steal it from you. You may think they can't steal cash either; that's not true. With central banks printing money by the hundreds of billions, and commercial banks creating money as debt like there's no tomorrow, they're effectively lowering the relative worth of your money in their advantage. Remember: stealing 5% off your deposit, or increasing the total money supply by 5% by creating it out of thin air, has essentially the same effect.

For me the reason why I got interest in here due to, Bitcoin was more than a bank were we can save money in a secured manner, very safe that can't steal it from you, compare what you had mentioned what the banks can do to their clients account. Therefore the decentralization is very exact to this topic.
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:05:17 PM

Banks use and abuse our money and do charge others a big fee compared what they pay to us for the same money, making bankers more rich. Fiat is something that you can use anywhere, but looks like it hasnt more value or unable to grow, while bitcoin is growing has huge potencial, and cant be used everywhere yet, atleast not directly. Bitcoin has some issues to handle but the potencial of it is amazing, and currently you can get an daily income lending your coins and getting much more then banks does offer, some trusted exchanges providing this service already.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:17:41 PM

Banks use and abuse our money and do charge others a big fee compared what they pay to us for the same money, making bankers more rich. Fiat is something that you can use anywhere, but looks like it hasnt more value or unable to grow, while bitcoin is growing has huge potencial, and cant be used everywhere yet, atleast not directly. Bitcoin has some issues to handle but the potencial of it is amazing, and currently you can get an daily income lending your coins and getting much more then banks does offer, some trusted exchanges providing this service already.
You got it all wrong man, abuse what exactly? banks never steal your money and if someone else does steal your money the banks pay from their own pockets, your funds are safe and slowly growing but governments can freeze them if they want to.
Only advantage bitcoin has over traditional banking is the blindness, bitcoin is literally blind and can't see who is using it.
doaremon

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 05:21:01 PM

Bitcoin is more safe to carry a lot of amount than money.Besides carrying this is much hastle free and easy to transfer.If every store and shop starts accepting bitcoin people won't carry cash more Grin But spreading the idea of this kind of exchange can help this process a lot. Many people still don't know a word about bitcoin.Afterall it takes time to eshtablish a new way among general people.

Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:37:12 PM

the use of bitcoin is gradually increasing, still most of the people are using bitcoin for investment because they have no facilities of using bitcoin as currency, but as the users of bitcoin are increasing therefore the facilities of bitcoins are also increasing to use it as currency, because in such areas where the bitcoin users are in majority there the shopkeepers have start accepting bitcoin.

I don't find that happening in my country though, but still i can't deny the progress of bitcoin in the world because i know it is increasing in terms of users and acceptance in the world. I don't really carry any bitcoins with me yet as i know they wont be useful if i just always keep them with me so i just keep them safe and wait for the time when i will be able to use them as cash everywhere.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:40:56 PM

Depend on what purpose do you want to hold bitcoin.

Let say if you want to transfer globally for your family from Asia to Europe Zone, with cash usually people use WU service that charge quite high fee but if we send them with bitcoin which faster transaction and lowest fee compare cash/fiat

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:31:13 PM

Let say if you want to transfer globally for your family from Asia to Europe Zone, with cash usually people use WU service that charge quite high fee but if we send them with bitcoin which faster transaction and lowest fee compare cash/fiat

But in this case the received should know about bitcoin and how to claim if not how will they going to claim the bitcoins. So still their are some work which has to be done through cash only.
Viscore

Activity: 3080
Merit: 649

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:06:44 AM

But in this case the received should know about bitcoin and how to claim if not how will they going to claim the bitcoins. So still their are some work which has to be done through cash only.
Of course, otherwise it won't work. Both parties should be educated and not just the sender, actually it's easy to educate someone about bitcoin if he is a member of your family, they will understand it easily because they trust you.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:26:15 AM

Bitcoin is more safe to carry a lot of amount than money.Besides carrying this is much hastle free and easy to transfer.If every store and shop starts accepting bitcoin people won't carry cash more Grin But spreading the idea of this kind of exchange can help this process a lot. Many people still don't know a word about bitcoin.Afterall it takes time to eshtablish a new way among general people.
I agree with you. bitcoin more convenient than cash. especially when transactions are carried out require change. if you do not have any money with small nominal would be more difficult if the seller must give change money.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:31:22 AM

I agree with you. bitcoin more convenient than cash. especially when transactions are carried out require change. if you do not have any money with small nominal would be more difficult if the seller must give change money.
yes bitcoin is convenient but for online purposes, as through bitcoin it is now become very easy to do online shopping. big shops are now providing opportunities to use bitcoin for any kind of shopping. while in local shops in most of the place the facilities of bitcoin to be use for shopping are not available may be  because of little number of bitcoin users. but it is expected that when the number of bitcoin users will increase then the facilities of bitcoin to be use in local shops will also increase.
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1148

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:31:41 AM

yes bitcoin is convenient but for online purposes, as through bitcoin it is now become very easy to do online shopping. big shops are now providing opportunities to use bitcoin for any kind of shopping. while in local shops in most of the place the facilities of bitcoin to be use for shopping are not available may be  because of little number of bitcoin users. but it is expected that when the number of bitcoin users will increase then the facilities of bitcoin to be use in local shops will also increase.
Bitcoin is starting to rule on the online digital currency, we are growing and the growth is consistent, in the future we shall take over and we can see there are more people who will be adopting and it would be easy for us transaction regardless of our location.

This should happened and we have to make that happen.

We choose between the two depending on the situation but I believe this two can be both better if they co-exist, cash is important for all of us while bitcoin is still new that could fall when investors loses their trust.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: