Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:28:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Old simplecoin thread  (Read 99750 times)
sirky

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:09:32 PM

Great to see the new people in the pool!

Anyway, can we be able to see a more accurate estimate? Also, can we see how many shares we submitted for each of the blocks, since we have changed the payout structure?

The website doesn't really do a good job of letting everyone know why they are getting paid what they are.

Let me know if you want some help writing some of the code or anything. I'd be happy to do what I can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sirky

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 06:52:16 PM

Its not real... 141014 belongs to us with 28 network confirms already.  Looks like we raced you guys for it and won.

I have noticed that our block numbers are often off by 1 or so for whatever reason, so this is probably it.

They are talking about this issue with the Simplecoin frontend in the BTCGuild thread now Tongue
simplecoin (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 07:08:59 PM

Anyway, can we be able to see a more accurate estimate? Also, can we see how many shares we submitted for each of the blocks, since we have changed the payout structure?

The website doesn't really do a good job of letting everyone know why they are getting paid what they are.

Let me know if you want some help writing some of the code or anything. I'd be happy to do what I can.

If you ever want to pitch in any new stats or features, you're welcome to send pull requests on the git repository.

As for block reporting, it's getting closer. I'll get it nailed down soon.

I've heard some concerns about the website speed. The sooner everyone is using pool.simplecoin.us, the sooner I can get some more performance out of our webserver.

Donations: 1VjGJHPtLodwCFBDWsHJMdEhqRcRKdBQk
AnnihilaT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 07:18:43 PM

Mike you are welcome to have a look at cronjob.php from my fork and see how i do it.   It's been running solid for 30+ blocks now and its just some simple math to determine which block we just solved.  Take a look and you are welcome to use it if you can.
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 07:41:57 PM

Mike you are welcome to have a look at cronjob.php from my fork and see how i do it.   It's been running solid for 30+ blocks now and its just some simple math to determine which block we just solved.  Take a look and you are welcome to use it if you can.

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look. I've gotten it much closer, but apparently not quite there.

sirky

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:16:23 PM

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look. I've gotten it much closer, but apparently not quite there.

Eleuthria says that he just waits for Block Explorer to update and then matches the hash. Allegedly the client isn't really trustworthy.
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 12:13:36 AM

Eleuthria says that he just waits for Block Explorer to update and then matches the hash. Allegedly the client isn't really trustworthy.

That sounds like a better option, assuming block explorer has a simple api and has reliable uptime.

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 01:27:03 AM

Looks like the unconfirmed estimate stat needs some work... Just so you know I'm on top of it.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 01:56:29 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2011, 02:16:19 AM by RyNinDaCleM

Looks like the unconfirmed estimate stat needs some work... Just so you know I'm on top of it.
Was it accurate before? or is it accurate now?
I lost roughly .25BTC in that confirm!  Sad

Edit:
It's back now!  Wink

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 02:26:40 AM

Edit:
It's back now!  Wink

No, the unconfirmed estimate isn't quite right (It was close, but counted all shares in the round, not just last_n). However, I'll get it sorted, as I want to make unconfirmed payouts possible eventually.

The payout calculation is 100% correct, so your balance is ALWAYS what it should be Wink

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 02:32:11 AM

Edit:
It's back now!  Wink

No, the unconfirmed estimate isn't quite right (It was close, but counted all shares in the round, not just last_n). However, I'll get it sorted, as I want to make unconfirmed payouts possible eventually.

The payout calculation is 100% correct, so your balance is ALWAYS what it should be Wink

Ok! Cool!
Thanks a lot man!

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 07:48:40 AM

Edit:
It's back now!  Wink

Ok! Cool!
Thanks a lot man!

Alright, unconfirmed estimates should be exact now Wink

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 01:10:11 PM

Just bringing a new replication server online, sorry for the 30-45 seconds of rejects....

sirky

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 02:42:42 PM

If you ever want to pitch in any new stats or features, you're welcome to send pull requests on the git repository.

I've heard some concerns about the website speed. The sooner everyone is using pool.simplecoin.us, the sooner I can get some more performance out of our webserver.

Can you redirect simplecoin.us:8337 to pool.simplecoin.us:8337?
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 03:25:06 PM

I'd like to, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Everything I've read suggests that the traffic cannot be forwarded to a wholly different ip. I also cannot setup a proxy on that box as I was instructed not to (it's a rental, I don't plan on breaking the TOS)

sirky

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 04:42:12 PM

I think the top 30 lifetime shares is broken again, because almost surely loderunner would be up there just from this round.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:02:59 PM

I think the top 30 lifetime shares is broken again, because almost surely loderunner would be up there just from this round.
In previous rounds, I've noticed that newcomers weren't added until the next round!

On a side note:
My charts/graphs work now!  Grin
I think it has something to do with the old version of firefox I was using (3.6). Upgraded to 5.0, and they work!

Jine

Activity: 403

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:14:06 PM

I'd like to, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Everything I've read suggests that the traffic cannot be forwarded to a wholly different ip. I also cannot setup a proxy on that box as I was instructed not to (it's a rental, I don't plan on breaking the TOS)

Setup a simple nginx instance running at port 8337, add a Location: pool.simplecoin.us:8337
Should work for all miners that actually follows the HTTP/1.1 specification...

(Which prob. no-one does?) ;P

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 08:16:06 PM

Setup a simple nginx instance running at port 8337, add a Location: pool.simplecoin.us:8337
Should work for all miners that actually follows the HTTP/1.1 specification...

(Which prob. no-one does?) ;P

I thought of that, but that's still proxying.... which is against my datacenter's TOS. I'll have to run it by them.

Also, everyone can now monitor their stats at http://www.btc-poolwatch.com/

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:31:44 AM

Nice.  I go away for a few days and come back to find that not only has the pool doubled in size but two blocks have been found!

I'm using pool.simplecoin.us now and my stales situation seems to have improved to a comfortable 0.2% stales (for 7000 shares).  Looks like I won't have to investigate cgminer further after all.

Please do keep the old server running for as long as you can.  A reputation for reliability seems more important than a fast website.

May I ask what is the "Pool efficiency" statistic represents?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: