Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:05:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already delays in BFL shipment plans?  (Read 49494 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:32:27 PM

It's not exactly surprising if some folks with BFL ads in their sigs don't want to hear about delays in product shipping or skeptical posts about shipping schedule revisions.

It's not that we don't want to hear it,we just get tired of hearing it over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over again  Wink

There may be another delay yet,if so,then it is what it is.I have alot of cash/BTC invested with them & I'm not as worried as you 2 are that don't have an order with them....get it  Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:37:36 PM

It's not that we don't want to hear it,we just get tired of hearing it ...

Does someone torture you? Force you - and all the other asshamsters with BFL signatures - to read this thread 20 times a day?

Simple solution: Go away to BFL forum lala land ... get it  ?? Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:46:20 PM

I LIKE TURTLES
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:12:38 PM

I LIKE TURTLES

Do you like cheese?

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:22:59 PM

Does someone torture you? Force you - and all the other asshamsters with BFL signatures - to read this thread 20 times a day?

You're so helpful Frizz. Thank you for contributing.
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 11:37:12 PM

So BFL cancels one delivery date after the other, because they are supposedly only waiting for parts (mainly the ASICs themselves!) - yet they are still fiddling around with the design of their casing?!?!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/459-new-single-sc-pics.html
BFL_Josh: "I was taking some pics for some promotional stuff tonight, so I thought I'd share some of the pics. This is the new, taller case to accomodate some better airflow, ..."

One could expect that they by now have tons of casings ready just waiting for the PCB to be plugged in - yet they don't even have that!

Man! How on earth would you have kept your initial deadline for October (or even November) shipment?

So if the case is not fabricated yet....
Then it is going to be AT-LEAST another 30 days from when the toolmaker receives the plans and that is the time it takes in Asia got get a mold tool ready.(and that would be a GOOD tool maker, right first time)
Then proofing (1 week)+ final polishing (1-2 weeks) depending on external finish.

Can you get me  side pictures, without me having to log into BFL, so I can see how many sliding cores (if any) the tool may need.

Josh already stated that it takes 2-5 days from design to product-in-hand.  They must have someone local doing it for them.  Stamping sheet metal isn't a difficult or lengthy process.

Its a stamped metal case with rounded corners?

LOL 30 days to punch out metal case. Only if your using union labor. Seriously I used to make aluminum light fixtures and from design to final product would take a week. Two days to make the blanking die. A day for setup and testing. A day for assembly. A day for coating.  Nothing to special or hard about it.

Obviously you  you did not read the FULL post , it clearly states mold tool..  not stamping tool or die-cast tooling.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:51:02 PM

So BFL cancels one delivery date after the other, because they are supposedly only waiting for parts (mainly the ASICs themselves!) - yet they are still fiddling around with the design of their casing?!?!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/459-new-single-sc-pics.html
BFL_Josh: "I was taking some pics for some promotional stuff tonight, so I thought I'd share some of the pics. This is the new, taller case to accomodate some better airflow, ..."

One could expect that they by now have tons of casings ready just waiting for the PCB to be plugged in - yet they don't even have that!

Man! How on earth would you have kept your initial deadline for October (or even November) shipment?

Then it is going to be AT-LEAST another 30 days from when the toolmaker receives the plans and that is the time it takes in Asia got get a mold tool ready.(and that would be a GOOD tool maker, right first time)
Then proofing (1 week)+ final polishing (1-2 weeks) depending on external finish.

Can you get me  side pictures, without me having to log into BFL, so I can see how many sliding cores (if any) the tool may need.

Josh already stated that it takes 2-5 days from design to product-in-hand.  They must have someone local doing it for them.  Stamping sheet metal isn't a difficult or lengthy process.

LOL 30 days to punch out metal case. Only if your using union labor. Seriously I used to make aluminum light fixtures and from design to final product would take a week. Two days to make the blanking die. A day for setup and testing. A day for assembly. A day for coating.  Nothing to special or hard about it.

Obviously you  you did not read the FULL post , it clearly states mold tool..  not stamping tool or die-cast tooling.
Where does it state mold tool?  The prior-gen cases were not made of cast metal (they were stamped), and to be quite frank, it would be extraordinarily strange for someone to make a low-volume casing with molds and cast metal instead of stamping them out and anodizing.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:30:02 AM

Maybe they'll be machined out of billet aluminum (or titanium), like the "unibody" MacBook Pros.

And anodized in purdy colors.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
squeept

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:40:46 AM

Anyone else get the impression that 99.9% of the people on this forum just google whatever people are talking about and then haphazardly throw buzzwords around just to be part of the conversation?

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:45:58 AM

Nope. Do YOU google what people are talking about?  Grin
poon-TANG

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 01:54:41 AM

Where does it state mold tool?  The prior-gen cases were not made of cast metal (they were stamped), and to be quite frank, it would be extraordinarily strange for someone to make a low-volume casing with molds and cast metal instead of stamping them out and anodizing.

Exactly. The cases are nothing more than stamped steel. Don't need any special mold. Just stamp out a couple thousand of them, put them in a press and presto you got a  stamped steel case.  Could pump out hundreds a day.
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:19:31 AM

Nope. Do YOU google what people are talking about?  Grin

hmmm, i tryed it... didnt rly work out too well.

"What Are People Talking About Right Now?

Need a topic to write about or random thoughts to get your brain working? Why not ride the wave of the fickle attention of the American public? Here are couple of ways to get access to what people are thinking about and talking about right now!"

so i still have no idea what some of you are talking about... (just as well?)  Roll Eyes

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:21:26 AM

Does someone force you to post the same thing over & over,everyday  Huh

Go away to Moronville......GET IT  Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 02:10:53 PM

Hurray for a lull in trolling.

I was mulling through the post by BitSyncom from Avalon posted regarding their process, and essentially the purchase order they submitted. I noticed that they're using CMOS logic-- makes sense, but I was curious if there was any thought put into using ECL instead or is that just too complicated of a design or impractical? I post this here because I was interested in getting a response from BFL-engineer (Nasser) regarding this.

BitSyncom's post is here:

{redacted because it's a lengthy post}

And BFL might want to addresses that post as a whole. He seems to be claiming things are much more finite than BFL portrays.
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 02:31:53 PM

Hurray for a lull in trolling.

I was mulling through the post by BitSyncom from Avalon posted regarding their process, and essentially the purchase order they submitted. I noticed that they're using CMOS logic-- makes sense, but I was curious if there was any thought put into using ECL instead or is that just too complicated of a design or impractical?

Not really familiar with ECL, but I think you would need a small nuclear reactor to power a decent mining farm.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:40:30 PM

I guess I can't complain about BFL anymore lol, I finally pulled the trigger.

What am I going to do with my free time???

Now, lets find out how "fast and "flawless" those refunds are!  Cheesy  Grin

Good luck to those that are not going to jump ship!
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:48:25 PM

Of course you can still comment/complain about them. BFL's policies effect everyone associated with BTC.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:03:43 PM

I guess I can't complain about BFL anymore lol, I finally pulled the trigger.

What am I going to do with my free time???

Now, lets find out how "fast and "flawless" those refunds are!  Cheesy  Grin

Good luck to those that are not going to jump ship!
Does this mean the BFL rep will now downgrade your spirit and flesh to less than "useless"?

Or do you still retain value as a human being and possible repeat customer?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:09:29 PM

Haha.. I imagine I'm dead to them already with how much I've criticized them the past few months.

I'm just tired of putting up with their bull shit. If they would stop telling people lies and actually ship a product, then maybe I'll look at them under a different light.

But until then... I will just sit back and watch the race for the first ASIC develop with a much lower stress level!  Grin
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:11:36 PM

Haha.. I imagine I'm dead to them already with how much I've criticized them the past few months.

I'm just tired of putting up with their bull shit. If they would stop telling people lies and actually ship a product, then maybe I'll look at them under a different light.

But until then... I will just sit back and watch the race for the first ASIC develop with a much lower stress level!  Grin
What did you think of the latest Avalon statement on what they think is happening with respect to BFL and bASIC?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: