Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The function of religion ?  (Read 18605 times)
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:20:29 PM

So, seriously, do you want people to stop questioning and just accept that god is the answer to these questions? To stock experimenting, and finding more and more tiny answers to explain the whole part?

That's a logic fail. If God exists, he gave you the observational abilities and made the physics of EVERYTHING convenient for scientific study.

You suggest I am against science. That's more fail. I never suggest that. I am urging you and others to COME UP with scientific evidences for what believe is scientific, and you can't do it. Then you call me an enemy of science. Lolol.  Cheesy

Ok, sorry... it was just the "Nice story BRO" followed by your own nice story. What exactly do you want evidence for/against?
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:36:31 PM

So, seriously, do you want people to stop questioning and just accept that god is the answer to these questions? To stock experimenting, and finding more and more tiny answers to explain the whole part?

That's a logic fail. If God exists, he gave you the observational abilities and made the physics of EVERYTHING convenient for scientific study.

You suggest I am against science. That's more fail. I never suggest that. I am urging you and others to COME UP with scientific evidences for what believe is scientific, and you can't do it. Then you call me an enemy of science. Lolol.  Cheesy

Ok, sorry... it was just the "Nice story BRO" followed by your own nice story. What exactly do you want evidence for/against?

Evidence supporting the process where unique working living biological systems evolve into existence from basic earth elements without intelligent guidance and intent.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:55:28 PM

Well you aren't likely to find it since already extant lifeforms are taking up all the niches, and the process takes a very long time. So the best that can be done is to observe processes in nature and speculate on how they may have interacted to lead to life. I mean do you understand that you are expecting people to have hard evidence regarding what happened billions of years ago?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 03:10:53 AM

Evidence supporting the process where unique working living biological systems evolve into existence from basic earth elements without intelligent guidance and intent.

Where's your evidence that it was done with intelligent guidance and intent?

And if it IS intelligent design, then why should science continue to investigate this? What evidence should science look for to convince you that it's not intelligent design? If there is nothing that science can come up with to convince you' then you *are* anti science.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 04:56:52 AM

Science is only good for the study of our realty.  Understanding the universe, god, takes philosophy or spirituality.

We are evidence of intelligent guidance, for our consciousness has created us to be humans, after long periods of evolving, from lower conscious-awareness states to higher.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Jimmy Chang(y)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 03:56:16 PM

Science is only good for the study of our realty.  Understanding the universe, god, takes philosophy or spirituality.

We are evidence of intelligent guidance, for our consciousness has created us to be humans, after long periods of evolving, from lower conscious-awareness states to higher.

FIrst of all, science is used to understand the universe, so that statement is nonsense.

Secondly, understanding 'god' is impossible, what is 'god'? you dont know, I dont know, the other people in this thread dont know, you can speculate, but you dont know. So to say to understand god takes philosophy or spirituality is again, nonsense. Much like your business ventures I might add.

People like you give weed a bad name and it angers me, fuck you Dank.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 04:12:51 PM

Yes, the universe, as we perceive, it in our reality.  We were created by the universe, to learn about ourselves (the universe) through science and spirituality.

Understanding god is not impossible, unless you're thinking with the left side of your brain.  God is everything, god is the universe, you are god, I am god, god is consciousness.

If you don't understand part of this, ask questions to gain a higher understanding.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 04:51:58 PM

No, thats YOUR interpretation of 'god'. Just like the religious nutters have their own too.

Let me guess, you understand god dank?

Your a joker.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:07:01 PM

But what about what I said was false?  If there is a god, and we are god, surely we must be able to understand ourselves, right?

Anybody can understand god, it's up to the person to look deep into their consciousness to find that understanding.  You must find your own path.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:28:30 PM

That's fine and dandy, but we were still created by the universe.  The big bang created the galaxies which formed solar systems, planets, microbial life, etc, you get the picture.

The particles that make up our body are all made of and created of the universe, the big bang.

Us humans are very intelligent (for earth creatures), we just lost balance in our society and allowed our egos to conquer, leading to the destructive path we're on.  As humans, naturally, learn from our mistakes, we will correct this by becoming a loving society.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 05:30:26 PM

We were created by the universe ...

No, we are not. We are created by cross-breeding aliens with human-like creatures, work done long ago by that same aliens.
Human specie is not native to planet Earth. Both physicaly and mentaly, we humans are the weakest specie on this planet and
as such, if it's up to nature and nature alone, we would be eliminated long ago. It's because we humans do more harm than good.

Yep, that's true. We even know the sames of some of those aliens. They were called Apollo, Baltar, Helo, Saul, Starbuck, Roslin and Adama.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:31:33 PM

How do you know this if you did not experience it yourself?

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:41:26 PM

Ok then.  Who created the aliens that created us?  Did the universe not create them?

Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:42:48 PM

You make an assumption over what god is and your asking me what part of it was false? Really? I mean REALLY?

Its your opinion on what 'god' is, its neither false nor correct. Like I said, you go straight into the religious nut job category with this idea that your OPINION is correct.

By all means, state what you THINK god may be, but climb the fuck down of your high horse with comments such as; 'If you don't understand part of this, ask questions to gain a higher understanding'

I doubt you have a higher understanding of much but your own petty existence.

I hate to break it to you dank, your not some free thinking philosophical guru, just an idiot with to much bravado(strangely).

Il say it again, speculate on your own idea's of what god may be, but dont ask for evidence for falsehoods in your theory when you can give no evidence as to why your theory is correct either, moron.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:48:13 PM

You're attacking me rather than what I said.  There's a possibility I am right, so instead of attacking me, tell me a logical or philosophical reason why I'm wrong.

I'm not the only one that believes these things.

Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:15:52 PM

Some questions are best left answered after death.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:50:07 PM

You're attacking me rather than what I said.  There's a possibility I am right, so instead of attacking me, tell me a logical or philosophical reason why I'm wrong.

No, it's not working that way - you and only you must find why you are wrong. Else you won't be attached to solution as much
as it's required to start to properly value your own thinking and thus solutions. Really, you should bow to no one else but yourself.
You could, at least, answer the question I gave you.

Who created the aliens that created us?  Did the universe not create them?

All questions will be answered after death, but there is no reason to not gain a higher understanding while we live.  The outcome of life, after all, is increasing our awareness.

Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 07:03:34 PM

Ok then.  Who created the aliens that created us?  Did the universe not create them?

By that logic, who created the universe?

As for the attacking you, it is extremely frustrating to see someone so moronic, but yet so sure of themselves, simple as that. Have you noticed a trend here of people generally giving you a hard time on these forums? Ever stopped for a second to think why?

Like I said, your more than entitled to your opinions but to conclude your opinions are fact is dumb.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 07:14:03 PM

The universe created itself from a single point of consciousness, which it still is, a single point of consciousness.

Yes, people give me a hard time because they do not understand what I am saying, it confuses them, sometimes angers them and, basically, hurts their ego.

I don't think I'd get a hard time if I was understood.

Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 07:45:49 PM

I understand perfectly what your saying, just dont agree with it, what are you basing this claim on? Nothing but your superior understanding? The infuriating thing is that your totally unaware of how ridiculous many of the posts you make are.

More over, Id imagine the reason people actually get riled up with you is the fact you seem to believe your understanding (of what ever your commenting on) is somewhat superior, when all the evidence shows otherwise.

Its funny you should mention ego because yours is certainly very large for someone who boasts no actual accomplishments other than tricking some mugs into giving your 'bank' money.

Like I said earlier, your a joker. And infact a bit of joke, around here it seems atleast, will make the assumption real life circumstances are little different too.

Your in denial dank.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: