Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The function of religion ?  (Read 18605 times)
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:15:11 PM

BTW, about Christianity. Jesus was not a Christian, he walked from city to city to teach people not to fight each other but focus on the real roman oppressors and the corruption in the Jewish community and priesthood.

John was worse, he roamed the streets of Rome starting riots burning roman shops down and attacking soldiers, and was also thrown in jail.

Just think of the early sixties and the Black Panthers, same thing.

Paulus started Christianity 75 years after Jesus's dead and formalized it some. It grew by being under the radar networking at secret meetings (oldskool P2P). When Rome, after some 250 years, discovered how massive it was, they assimilated it building churches for them and inventing bishops on the payroll. You can say that the Chatolic church today is a fusion of the Roman empire and the forces that threatened to overthrow it.

So government has known for a long time how to keep religious grass rots on a leash, but it does'nt foil the message to me. I'm no sheep.

cheres

Religion do exists due to marriage vow. It has a big implications whether you decide your own religion. If one did not give away or if your parents are undecisive of your religion that is a big impact for you to discontinue relationship.
jakehan

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:21:07 PM

I do believe that the religion is one of the most important things to do in our lives because religion can give us guidance and specially when it comes to decission making.
Samson79

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:24:13 PM

functions of religion are as follows:
1. Religion as an Integrative Force
 2. Creating a Moral Community
 3. Religion as Social Control
4. Provides Rites of Passage
5. Religion as Emotional Support
 6. Religion Serves a Means to Provide Answers to Ultimate Questions
7. Religion as a Source of Identity
 8. Legitimating Function of Religion
9. Psychologizing Religion
10. Religion Acts as Psychotherapy
 11. Religion as an Agent of Social Change
 12. Religion as an Agent of De-politicization
13. Religion Controls Sexuality.

Religion is a cultural universal because it fulfills several basic functions within human societies. It is a basic requirement of group life.
Heybeehee

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

Religion is the believe in God and worship
Religion makes people to live under a definite principle that is of what is generally acceptable
Religion help us to live know who we serve and how we are created
Religion help us from the bondage of captivity and gives us eternal life
princess.tyche

Activity: 110
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:25:58 PM

Religion help us to stay in a good way of life. It guides us to be a better version of ourself.
morge

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:29:08 PM

the function of religion is the system that regulates the faith (belief) and worship to God Almighty as well as the grammar rules associated with the association.
aleenoe335

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:49:00 AM

religion is a force that greatly influences the attitude of human life individually and socially. The religion is the relation of man to the pure power, where the holy power is higher than the existence of man. "That religion is not only theoretical doctrine, formulate faith and direct the behavior of the faithful but there are also norms and rules, orders, and restrictions relating to the ethics and morals of society.
shahadut_s232

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 12:22:02 PM

I think religion means that right guidelines of humans life. There are many kinds of religion in the world like's Islam,Hindu etc. And every man's has different religion.Every religion's has different rules.Religion rules is so much important for every religion's people.so religion so much important for humans life.
Gabash

Activity: 138

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:53:27 PM

The function of religion  is to know on how to worship the true God and the teaching. We have freedom to believe between God`s laws and Human's laws. But much better
to research the truth about holy book, science book and etc... for the info.
Akash boss

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:47:42 PM

Religion now a days have become too conscious point of diacission.Each and every religion have there own faith in their god and have different different beliefs towards their god.
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:27:40 PM

The function of religion is making money on people who still can't understand this... i wonder how many people still bringing everything they have to curch.

amin1990

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:26:53 AM

The function of religion as a savior, we as human beings want to live happily in the world and dihkirat. surely everyone wants to enjoy Heaven if he has been in the world. so religion gives us guidance for us to do a commendable deed. which make our lives safe in the world and the Hereafter.
tikalbong

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:15:17 AM

I'm an atheist and have the following standpoint:

- All religions are hoaxes, making people belive in non-existing gods.

Religions serve the following purposes:

1. Making people have some comfort in their lives, having something else than themselves to pray to and look up to. This is mostly culturrally dependent,
most people adhere to the religion were they grew up, and what was ingrained in them from early childhood.

2. To keep uneducated people in control.

3. To keep power and control in a central position.

If religion was all about love to your God, and it was all a mental thing, there would be no need for churches, and all accessories that goes with a religion.

It's sad that a God-fearing man goes regularily to church to get closer to his maker. He could've been just as close to his God in his couch at home.

Many religious entities collect money, and are rather greedy, there are internal battles about power and control, just think of the Vatican.

I think it's rather sad that in 2012, so many people put their belief in something that doesn't exist. You may pray, and you may feel that your prayers were heard,
and things turn for the better in your life, but most of the time, the prayers are futile, and the only one that can change anything in your life is yourself.

States need to separate themselves from religion, and any religious society needs to take care of itself. Many religious societies does serve a good purpose in their
municipality, and there's nothing wrong with that,  and I do respect anyone that has their faith, but I don't think there's any God of any sorts, and people need to take
responsibility for their own lives.

Will the earth ever come to a point where people are so educated that they understand that science is the only true answer, and that everything else is fairytales ?

As much as I respect any Christian or any devoted religious person from any other religion (I may think his belief is a joke, but I would never say it to his face to force a confrontation in disrespect), I don't think any religions should have any special protection under the law.

Part of the problem is that Religion is so ingrained into the culture of most countries, that many people don't even question it.

Education will put the power in the hands of the people to learn about the world around them, and will remove the power of the leaders of their religion over them.

As an atheist, I don't think your religion defines whether you're a good person or not, that's more down to the person itself, and the values you've been taught in your upbringing, and what you've learned through your education.

Now, with the recent uproar about the 'Innocence of Muslims'-movie, people shouldn't get upset about it. If they don't like it, they should simply ignore it, and don't speak of it. Killing people, making riots etc. and claim that it's because of this movie, this is not right. People are always responsible for what they do.

If I were a Christian, and someone mocked my religion and called me a religious fool, and I got angry and burned down their house, that would be completely unacceptable by me, and I would need to take the full penalty for it.

Some people say we should not provoke 'islam' through cartoons, movies etc. And this may seem like the easy way out. But what if we continously bombarded Islam with this material, would they keep rioting every day of the week, every week, every month and every year, or would they finally sit down and say to themselves: "I'm tired of fighting, I can be a good muslim, no matter what any people say about my religion".

Islam doesn't receive more goodwill by having it's followers react like this, I would think most sivilized people just seeing this for what it is; outright crimes. Also I think a lot of the people that we see rioting in the streets, are only using this movie as an excuse for acting like they do.

Is there a single other Religion in the world were the members would've reacted like this over a movie ?

What do you all think ?

I totally agree with the functions of a religion. I am a Christian though, and I believe in the bible and most of all I am not part of any religion.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]       ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
───────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ───────
GooglerMaster

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:44:42 AM

There are two sides of medal. Religion gives hope and teaches love and compassion. On the other side it is the ultimate tool to control people and manipulate them
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:55:08 AM

It's very simple.
Region should help us to connect with God.
Originally, Adam and Eve, first human ancestors, had direct connection with God but lost it after fall.
So, now we need help to find God again.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
LadyBB

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:05:45 PM

Religion is meant to help people fear God. To reduce corruption, pollution and all kinds of evil practice. It must teach to live with peace and harmony.
drwmhr

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:45:43 PM

The function of religion in nature, is to enhance and strengthen our faith to the knowable God. It must open our hearts and enlighten our minds. It must explain things that confused our thinking. It must makes us feel loved and accepted. It must teach us rightful acts and good deeds. It must develop one selves in a spiritual manner. But what if it seems that what is happening is the other way around? Does it still fitting its function? Come to think of it. If your religion weakens your faith; closes your heart and darken your mind; makes you more confused; makes you feel unaccepted and underestimated; if full of hatred; teaches violence; and does not develop one selves in a spiritual manner, then 'maybe' it is not the right religion. But again, who am I to determine if it is right or wrong, but let me tell you this, faith is to believe with our eyes closed, but religion is to think with our eyes open.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:13:17 PM

Religion is not what people think. Most people think of church, synagog, or mosque.

Religion is, really, the way of life. Each person has his own personal religion in the way he personally believes and lives.

Atheism is a religion.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:25:42 PM

Religion is not what people think. Most people think of church, synagog, or mosque.

Religion is, really, the way of life. Each person has his own personal religion in the way he personally believes and lives.

Atheism is a religion.

Cool

Making up definitions is also a religion.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
serbronn

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:56:18 AM

Religion functions in such a way that it helps purify the soul of all of us believers. It is our guide so that as we travel life's journey, we may never be left behind or be afraid to walk forward because it is the light that brightens our path. It will never lead us to the wrong path. Religion is GOD. We may differ in our religious affiliations, but,  we all have the same and one true GOD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: