Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:14:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The function of religion ?  (Read 18598 times)
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:01:22 AM

To be honest, I'm not really a religious person. Whenever I saw someone religious, I admire their devotion and the time they spent on their Church. The sad thing is that some religious people are doing bad things on a daily basis. I believe that the function of religion is to give us purpose in life.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paopao

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:20:34 AM

Religion is one's belief, one's ethics if no religion will suffer destruction because there is no belief or as a rule of life.
kapa6ac

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:42:13 AM

I guess that in the past the main function of religion was moral and criminal justice for society
pprun

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:16:36 AM

Country without government is abolished at all. Law is published to control and limit people not to act beyond against the law. Religion makes its purpose to people's lives. Giving hope and purpose in live views. Without religion I think there is no identification of good and evil. Bad and good. Religion function is vital that can leads people to a meaningful existence.
El Il-mythos

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:23:30 AM

Religion has a big big contribution when it comes to corruption, confusion and also division ,the root of war. So that was how the religion is working in the society from the history. And even until now, but there is also good in the religion like helping the poor, teaching the right manner and teaching about the existence of God. These things for me is the good thing about religion.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
jieladegennl

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:04:00 AM

1. Religion is the "refuge" for human beings to avoid the ultimate destruction of "inevitable arrival".
2. Religion is a mechanism in the evolution of human ethics.
LedyVik

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:13:06 PM

I believe that religion, still there are no functions in a person's life, it is more a person's choice, how he wants to live and by what rules.
kikay15

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:27:56 PM

The movie never existed.  The riots are false flag attacks to prepare the public for the coming Iran invasion.

Also, aliens.
This discussion is so sensitive to everyone. But for me function of religion is to know GOD even we are different religion but ONE GOD that we know. Just believe him and trust him.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
naduns134

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:40:19 PM

In the world there are lot of religions can be found. according to my knowledge, all religions have unique set of rules and regulations if not some may contains a set of things what people should do and should not do as just a way to live but not as a rule, some may contains strict set of rules what people must do. Finally these all religions are showing a way to live as a good person in the society. It build up the qualities and the good habits of people. Hence religions are doing an adorable job by creating good people to the society.
Olivernelson

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:08:19 PM

I do not believe in anything else but Christ.
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:25:56 PM

-brings society together
-unifies people with common set of values that promotes a sense a community and positive social behaviors
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:35:19 PM

The movie never existed.  The riots are false flag attacks to prepare the public for the coming Iran invasion.

Also, aliens.
This discussion is so sensitive to everyone. But for me function of religion is to know GOD even we are different religion but ONE GOD that we know. Just believe him and trust him.
Indeed to know the creator is the function of religion but i doubt that's the case anymore. Most pastors are taking advantage of religion and enriching themselves, others are using it as a means to do whatever they want including killing and other despicable acts.
amin1990

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:29:32 PM

the function of religion as a guideline for the life of mankind in the world to prepare deeds to face death, and Set the ordinance of human relationship with God and man with man
zhangchunyang

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:36:21 PM

A spiritual consensus in human society that he has a certain direction.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:40:15 PM

Religion should help us understand God's hearth and our purpose of life.
Religion should develop our spirituality and help us prepare for spiritual life.
In ideal world we will not need religion because we will have direct connection with God.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Hifemih

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:53:17 AM

it provides social cohesion to help maintain social solidarity through shared rituals and beliefs, social control to enforce religious-based morals and norms to help maintain conformity and control in society,
swordling143

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:02:55 AM

I think the function of religion is basically to be the standard of society to tell us whether the act we are doing is morally correct or not. That's why religion is important to all of us. It also serves as a beacon of light that gives people hope and direct to the right path where people should go. So, it is really good for people to have religion.
anakkampung17

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:24:47 AM

Religion is our faith. The greatest function is that we always do good in the world and stock in the hereafter. What happens if there is no religion, the world is likely to be chaotic. People in the world are competing to get better because of the foundation of a religion. Religion is the foundation of the world and the hereafter.
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:40:17 PM

I'm an atheist and have the following standpoint:

- All religions are hoaxes, making people belive in non-existing gods.

Religions serve the following purposes:

1. Making people have some comfort in their lives, having something else than themselves to pray to and look up to. This is mostly culturrally dependent,
most people adhere to the religion were they grew up, and what was ingrained in them from early childhood.

2. To keep uneducated people in control.

3. To keep power and control in a central position.

If religion was all about love to your God, and it was all a mental thing, there would be no need for churches, and all accessories that goes with a religion.

It's sad that a God-fearing man goes regularily to church to get closer to his maker. He could've been just as close to his God in his couch at home.

Many religious entities collect money, and are rather greedy, there are internal battles about power and control, just think of the Vatican.

I think it's rather sad that in 2012, so many people put their belief in something that doesn't exist. You may pray, and you may feel that your prayers were heard,
and things turn for the better in your life, but most of the time, the prayers are futile, and the only one that can change anything in your life is yourself.

States need to separate themselves from religion, and any religious society needs to take care of itself. Many religious societies does serve a good purpose in their
municipality, and there's nothing wrong with that,  and I do respect anyone that has their faith, but I don't think there's any God of any sorts, and people need to take
responsibility for their own lives.

Will the earth ever come to a point where people are so educated that they understand that science is the only true answer, and that everything else is fairytales ?

As much as I respect any Christian or any devoted religious person from any other religion (I may think his belief is a joke, but I would never say it to his face to force a confrontation in disrespect), I don't think any religions should have any special protection under the law.

Part of the problem is that Religion is so ingrained into the culture of most countries, that many people don't even question it.

Education will put the power in the hands of the people to learn about the world around them, and will remove the power of the leaders of their religion over them.

As an atheist, I don't think your religion defines whether you're a good person or not, that's more down to the person itself, and the values you've been taught in your upbringing, and what you've learned through your education.

Now, with the recent uproar about the 'Innocence of Muslims'-movie, people shouldn't get upset about it. If they don't like it, they should simply ignore it, and don't speak of it. Killing people, making riots etc. and claim that it's because of this movie, this is not right. People are always responsible for what they do.

If I were a Christian, and someone mocked my religion and called me a religious fool, and I got angry and burned down their house, that would be completely unacceptable by me, and I would need to take the full penalty for it.

Some people say we should not provoke 'islam' through cartoons, movies etc. And this may seem like the easy way out. But what if we continously bombarded Islam with this material, would they keep rioting every day of the week, every week, every month and every year, or would they finally sit down and say to themselves: "I'm tired of fighting, I can be a good muslim, no matter what any people say about my religion".

Islam doesn't receive more goodwill by having it's followers react like this, I would think most sivilized people just seeing this for what it is; outright crimes. Also I think a lot of the people that we see rioting in the streets, are only using this movie as an excuse for acting like they do.

Is there a single other Religion in the world were the members would've reacted like this over a movie ?

What do you all think ?

To be honest the main function of religion is setting us apart , but the greatest benefits of religion by increasing our faith , but despite the fight all of the world because of our religion or different culture. But the fact is just have faith on our God , because we all have one God and thats Him , the father of Jesus.
setiawan101

Activity: 161

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:42:40 AM

Because the teachings of religion that always prioritize to always live good behavior, mutual respect and compassion with people of different religions can realize unity and unity and as a tool to get to world peace. the world has Tarusan country with ideology and religion that is different, but all countries based on mutual respect of human rights, mutual respect, promoting equality but not adverse to each other, away from the insults or blasphemy against others and not to feel right, then world peace will always be created until the end of time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: