Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:07:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The function of religion ?  (Read 18598 times)
Oladejielisha

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:55:31 PM

it provides social cohesion to help maintain social solidarity through shared rituals and beliefs, social control to enforce religious-based morals and norms to help maintain conformity and control in society, and it offers ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Smack 1

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:58:10 PM

I think there are many religious functions in our lives
as a means of education, because it can teach things that are good with the command or prohibition that must be followed and obeyed
as a bridge of world peace, because the teachings of religion that always prioritizes to behave well, mutual respect and cherish with people of different faiths. so as to bring unity and unity to world peace.
As a place to react, because religion teaches people to socialize or interact with others (other religions)
as a theoretical doctrine, because religion teaches about how to behave well according to norms, morals and rules of rules, injunctions and prohibitions of prohibitions related to social ethics. and many more religious functions in our lives.

Safein.com                     
M A K E   I T   S I M P L E

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:20:31 PM

Science and Math has become the new religion, people just switch from one religion to another religion depends on their utility
Sophia Audley

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:29:17 PM

It depends on what you mean by "function". For humans it serves a spiritual need. This of course can be abused by power structures to further their interests.
Simon Eaton

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:32:58 PM

On a small scale it's about spirituality and wonder. On a large scale it's about control.
thrushzodiac8

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:09:51 PM

The religion is supposed to do a lot of things but it’s rather making people fight.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:41:43 PM

The religion is supposed to do a lot of things but it’s rather making people fight.
Spiritual awareness, inner peace and love towards one another is the purpose of religion unfortunately people have found ways to corrupt most of the good things in the world and religion is one of those things.
Izalcomax

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:51:42 AM

I'm an atheist and have the following standpoint:

- All religions are hoaxes, making people belive in non-existing gods.

Religions serve the following purposes:

1. Making people have some comfort in their lives, having something else than themselves to pray to and look up to. This is mostly culturrally dependent,
most people adhere to the religion were they grew up, and what was ingrained in them from early childhood.

2. To keep uneducated people in control.

3. To keep power and control in a central position.

If religion was all about love to your God, and it was all a mental thing, there would be no need for churches, and all accessories that goes with a religion.

It's sad that a God-fearing man goes regularily to church to get closer to his maker. He could've been just as close to his God in his couch at home.

Many religious entities collect money, and are rather greedy, there are internal battles about power and control, just think of the Vatican.

I think it's rather sad that in 2012, so many people put their belief in something that doesn't exist. You may pray, and you may feel that your prayers were heard,
and things turn for the better in your life, but most of the time, the prayers are futile, and the only one that can change anything in your life is yourself.

States need to separate themselves from religion, and any religious society needs to take care of itself. Many religious societies does serve a good purpose in their
municipality, and there's nothing wrong with that,  and I do respect anyone that has their faith, but I don't think there's any God of any sorts, and people need to take
responsibility for their own lives.

Will the earth ever come to a point where people are so educated that they understand that science is the only true answer, and that everything else is fairytales ?

As much as I respect any Christian or any devoted religious person from any other religion (I may think his belief is a joke, but I would never say it to his face to force a confrontation in disrespect), I don't think any religions should have any special protection under the law.

Part of the problem is that Religion is so ingrained into the culture of most countries, that many people don't even question it.

Education will put the power in the hands of the people to learn about the world around them, and will remove the power of the leaders of their religion over them.

As an atheist, I don't think your religion defines whether you're a good person or not, that's more down to the person itself, and the values you've been taught in your upbringing, and what you've learned through your education.

Now, with the recent uproar about the 'Innocence of Muslims'-movie, people shouldn't get upset about it. If they don't like it, they should simply ignore it, and don't speak of it. Killing people, making riots etc. and claim that it's because of this movie, this is not right. People are always responsible for what they do.

If I were a Christian, and someone mocked my religion and called me a religious fool, and I got angry and burned down their house, that would be completely unacceptable by me, and I would need to take the full penalty for it.

Some people say we should not provoke 'islam' through cartoons, movies etc. And this may seem like the easy way out. But what if we continously bombarded Islam with this material, would they keep rioting every day of the week, every week, every month and every year, or would they finally sit down and say to themselves: "I'm tired of fighting, I can be a good muslim, no matter what any people say about my religion".

Islam doesn't receive more goodwill by having it's followers react like this, I would think most sivilized people just seeing this for what it is; outright crimes. Also I think a lot of the people that we see rioting in the streets, are only using this movie as an excuse for acting like they do.

Is there a single other Religion in the world were the members would've reacted like this over a movie ?

What do you all think ?

Maybe i can be called as an atheist too.. but im not, since im not praying too often, but i do believe in GOD

My way of life just "be kind to other people, dont do any harm to the other living creature"

if you cant help them, at least dont hurt / make them suffer..

religion is just a tool
grandlege91

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:59:50 AM

One of the functions of religion for man As a means of salvation

Religion serves as the best way for its adherents to relate to their Lord in order to plead and expect salvation from both visible and unreal evil and salvation from the threat of hellfire due to past sins. Someone who has a religion then herself has a God for a place of prayer, expression of heart and pleading salvation of the hereafter. so the heart can feel more calm and closer to the creator is a way to calm the heart.
Bugcoin5

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:27:09 AM

Religion is a cultural universal because it fulfill several basic function within human societies.It is a basic requirement a group life.
corsaronero1969

Activity: 202
Merit: 101

EN/ITA/RO translator, 24 yrs of exp., SDL Prof.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:04:16 PM

Religion is one of man's fundamental basic needs. It helps people face the most oppressive dictatorships by comforting them with the belief in a possible better world and afterlife. All dictatorships have began by targeting religious freedom and mankind's need to believe.
untidyaudi4

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:04:29 PM

I dont believe in religion separations. we were not told directly by God about maintaining a specific religion
earceny

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:06:47 PM

Again, especially historically, religious hierarchies have been important agents of redistribution, taking in contributions of money and resources, and redistributing on the basis of need. The opening of religious buildings for community use or in times of disaster also qualifies. There is also individual support in terms of emotional counseling, spiritual guidance, and material assistance in times of trouble.
outdatedruff7

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:53:30 PM

The sole aim of religion is to guide people to a common destination, followed by different paths only. dont know why conflict occurs for this?
4Rena

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:16:57 PM

To make us morally sensitive
downtimeprimesAa

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:28:11 PM

The main function of religion is to teach their people satisfaction and happiness.
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:15:03 PM

Depends on religion but the most obvious function is to make money from other people and build strong community of slaves without physical resourses.

omarsir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:21:53 PM

The function of religion gives us much pleasure and also considered as enjoyment of mind. Every person wants to share with his or her friends religion festival as well after celebrating religion festival minds refresh and teach the people how can we be happy and satisfaction
tephrafrizzy4

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:06:40 PM

There are many things that the religion teaches like peace, harmony, love.
tinnedchatting

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:59:36 AM

The main thing religion is supposed to do it to bring people together.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: