Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:01:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270078 times)
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:09:16 AM

I don't quite agree with this. If you don't ever sell or use your bitcoins than why are you having them, for a souvenir?  Bitcoin was made with a purpose and that is for people to use it. It's good to have some amount of bitcoins as savings but the rest you should use for buying goods, trading but not just to keep them in your wallet.
Considering bitcoin as an investment and you can hold bitcoin for a long time. He means that you need to hold bitcoin for a long time and does not sell it untill it hit to the moon. Cheesy Well, sometimes, we need to sell our bitcoin for many purposes but personally, we will suffer a huge loss if we sell our bitcoin
I want to tell you that you will suffer more losses if you do not sell your bitcoins. The price of bitcoin can not grow forever and ever there will be a dump. The more coins you have the more you will lose. Why do you need it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:19:25 AM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
The main reason why we need to hold for a long time because the value of the bitcoin will continue to rise up. I can say that before the year will end, the bitcoin will reach $10,000 because we can see the good progress of the bitcoin in the market.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:21:22 AM

Of course if you will be positive Bitcoin will make you rich in the future. But in reality, when can never say what the future of Bitcoin will be. It might spike up, but it might also fall down. The demand of the people today is rising but it will have a downfall time somewhere in the future. In my opinion, we hold the Bitcoin but still manage it in order to mimize the risk of of loosing our money. There are a lot of ther investments that we can diversify our money on.
Yeah one should never sell bit coins ever as bit coins are the most secured and exponentially growing currency. May be you are not getting any profit on them these days but you might be getting larger profits in the coming future when bit coins will be ruling the world, but you have to hold on for the next 10-20 years.

It’s a good idea, but holding too much bitcoin it’s to risk, much better if you sell your bitcoin . When you are making a profit, but you need to make a better plan and when the time comes that see your desired price then you should  sell it. Don’t too much greedy if you don’t want to end up losing or having a small profit.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:53:35 AM

I don't quite agree with this. If you don't ever sell or use your bitcoins than why are you having them, for a souvenir?  Bitcoin was made with a purpose and that is for people to use it. It's good to have some amount of bitcoins as savings but the rest you should use for buying goods, trading but not just to keep them in your wallet.
Considering bitcoin as an investment and you can hold bitcoin for a long time. He means that you need to hold bitcoin for a long time and does not sell it untill it hit to the moon. Cheesy Well, sometimes, we need to sell our bitcoin for many purposes but personally, we will suffer a huge loss if we sell our bitcoin
I want to tell you that you will suffer more losses if you do not sell your bitcoins. The price of bitcoin can not grow forever and ever there will be a dump. The more coins you have the more you will lose. Why do you need it?
nope but for this phase bitcoin prices will still continue to grow, because users will continue to arrive and it will make the price continue to soar up. so prices will certainly be higher than they are in the next few years, so do not be afraid of someone's issues and speculation
Alphagog

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:25:04 AM

I am not a supporter of this idea. A lot of people who have bitcoins regularly buy and sell coins. It brings good income. What's the point of having bitcoins? They can't increase in price. We don't even know how long bitcoin will live.
Are you blind or you don’t know how to read market charts of any coin? You should know how tremendously bitcoins increased in recent pump and so many people who were holding their bitcoins are now celebrating grand profits. Holding bitcoins is not a bad idea at all.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:52:46 AM

I am not a supporter of this idea. A lot of people who have bitcoins regularly buy and sell coins. It brings good income. What's the point of having bitcoins? They can't increase in price. We don't even know how long bitcoin will live.
Are you blind or you don’t know how to read market charts of any coin? You should know how tremendously bitcoins increased in recent pump and so many people who were holding their bitcoins are now celebrating grand profits. Holding bitcoins is not a bad idea at all.

I think matuson is not regularly getting information on bitcoin and dont know what is bitcoin and how it works, that is why he posted comment like this. Bitcoin from 200$ it came to this much in 12 months and you are talking that btc price can't increase. Bitcoin will live for long and in coming days bitcoin will be in mainstream currency
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:57:58 AM

the main reason is the value of the bitcoins is still rising up and it is very effective if we hold our bitcoins in a long time.

Succurs

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:09:05 PM

The ideal thing is not market your bitcoins, simply because the bitcoin has a very good long term a head.As an example the halving is coming, they say that will include a zero to it, so you will make a whole lot of income.
Isaac 666

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:24:18 AM

you need more than 1 bitcoin to feel the effect of change bitcoin for low prices like 100 $ or even 10$ they need to sell buy and make more income after that they Should Never Sell them Bitcoins Ever
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:44:17 AM

Why we cannot earn Bitcoin without investment? We can earn Bitcoin from signature campaign or work some jobs and receive salary through Bitcoin. In the past, faucet also good job for earning Bitcoin Smiley
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:25:30 AM

Why we cannot earn Bitcoin without investment? We can earn Bitcoin from signature campaign or work some jobs and receive salary through Bitcoin. In the past, faucet also good job for earning Bitcoin Smiley
That is true. Signature campaign is one of the best way to earn bitcoin without investment and you can do some freelance also and use your skills in order to earn more bitcoin and because of those two you will not requiring to use your own money to just earn bitcoin and that is one of the smartest way to get rich without spending money.
Therly

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:12:26 AM

The best factor is not market your bitcoins, simply because the bitcoin has a very good long term a head.As an case in point the halving is coming, they say that will incorporate a zero to it, so you will make a good deal of revenue.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:18:41 AM

Bitcoin is growing every day more and more, but this does not mean that we should never sell it. We have to hold it until it brings a good profit, this is the whole point of investing.
Yeah it seems that you are correct. The price of the bitcoin is growing everyday. I agree to the saying that we should not yet sell our bitcoins because it is not yet the right time to sell it.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Crosshair

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:23:59 AM

it's a simple rule. just don't panic. seeing the price go down makes me happy as i can buy more coins at lower price levels. people just have to realize that panic sellers are always losing. at some point when the price is going up and they feel good about buying, they end up buying at higher price levels. it's just stupid. keep holding.
Alphagog

Activity: 316

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:57:23 PM

Exactly! If you are not making a good use of your Bitcoins, then there is hardly any benefit of keeping them. I think this is what how you have planed the things.If you have a good plan in your mind and you are keeping them for a cause, then it is not a very bad idea actually. You can keep them along with making out more Bitcoins.
GorillaDental

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:12:12 AM

Exactly! If you are not making a good use of your Bitcoins, then there is hardly any benefit of keeping them. I think this is what how you have planed the things.If you have a good plan in your mind and you are keeping them for a cause, then it is not a very bad idea actually. You can keep them along with making out more Bitcoins.

I agree that you gotta play if you want to win...but keeping some of your stake in bitcoin, as a hedge and a kind of gold savings, seems like a good idea.
rockyboy

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:53:39 AM

I should never sell bitcoin when it is still popular and with a good price because it is a good investment and sure profit.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
Pakboy

Activity: 195

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:19:00 AM

I should never sell bitcoin when it is still popular and with a good price because it is a good investment and sure profit.
Yeah I agree to you. We should sell our bitcoins in the future because the price of it is still increasing. I know the bitcoin will become more popular in this following years and it will become more stronger than before.

prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:41:35 AM

Of course if you will be positive Bitcoin will make you rich in the future. But in reality, when can never say what the future of Bitcoin will be. It might spike up, but it might also fall down. The demand of the people today is rising but it will have a downfall time somewhere in the future. In my opinion, we hold the Bitcoin but still manage it in order to mimize the risk of of loosing our money. There are a lot of ther investments that we can diversify our money on.

Yes you are correct.  Bitcoin proce is volatile thus, we cannot be certained if we will have a good fortune of it or not after investing.  There is always a risk and that will not change.  But of course having risk means a great gain. 

But I sell my bitcoin everytime I need it because I am here to earn an additional income.

The topic does not make much sense to me.
(Sorry OP in advance)
It says, "Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever" now my question is what will be use of bitcoin if we are not supposed to sell it EVER.
Dude, you are smart if you use your bitcoins when you need them to.
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:45:28 AM

Yes you are correct.  Bitcoin proce is volatile thus, we cannot be certained if we will have a good fortune of it or not after investing.  There is always a risk and that will not change.  But of course having risk means a great gain. 

But I sell my bitcoin everytime I need it because I am here to earn an additional income.

The topic does not make much sense to me.
(Sorry OP in advance)
It says, "Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever" now my question is what will be use of bitcoin if we are not supposed to sell it EVER.
Dude, you are smart if you use your bitcoins when you need them to.

Exactly and if we never sell our bitcoins then how we gonna make profits from it? So I prefer to sell it whenever I am earning good profits from it as I can buy it back when there is downfall in the price and buying and selling should be repetitive process to make regular profits.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: