Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:10:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270078 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:43:57 PM

Lol so the op want to keep our btc and not spend it. Whats the point of having bitcoin? Just wait for the price to rise and then sell it. Keeping bitcoin is a good investment but the fluctuation doesnt favor to us. So some just panic sell it to avoid losing.
I think for avoiding that we must continue to be patient because it is a key benefit in investing in bitcoin. if you want to hold bitcoin and profited from it you must remain quiet when prices fall and you have to be patient to wait for prices to rise it is a method to avoid panic seling

Yeah you should not panic even if price is going down, but just hold your coins tight and wait for the price rise as price ups and downs will always be a part of bitcoin ecosystem.
waiting is always the key thing to do if you want to make profit with cryptocurrencies, in my opinion it can solve all the problems of price drops
Not only waiting because you cannot wait forever, when you wait you need to set a target amount before you will sell your bitcoins. Monitoring also the market regularly is very important so we can have a timely decision about our investment.

well, in that case you need to become a trader and then make trades based on the price changes in short term, and take the profit in form of fit or bitcoin and keep trading with the remainder of your capital. otherwise if you are a long term investor (a hodler) you should hold bitcoin for the long term and sell when the bigger rises happen.

Those two options that he gave are the key for earners here. Some support it by doing a buy and hold it for a long time. But I do prefer the other way. Working everyday to make it larger. But you will need to keep yourself calm when doing this.

Well that is the real strategy in bitcoin especially if you are financially stable you are going to buy bitcoin and after that you are not going to use it for purchasing anything. But you are just going to hold it for a long time and going to wait the price of bitcoin to fluctuate and once the price is going to fluctuate you are going to earn from it.

Yes I too use this technique to make some extra btc in my wallet. I had invested obit Rs 2000 on btc but now I have BTC worth of 6000. This all because of my long term patience of 2years. Even i had suffered loss but still i had tripled my bitcoin

Some have invested and moved it frequently whenever it fluctuates so they have not just tripled their money. But it needs some attention and monitoring whenever the price moves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:21:19 PM

Lol so the op want to keep our btc and not spend it. Whats the point of having bitcoin? Just wait for the price to rise and then sell it. Keeping bitcoin is a good investment but the fluctuation doesnt favor to us. So some just panic sell it to avoid losing.
I think for avoiding that we must continue to be patient because it is a key benefit in investing in bitcoin. if you want to hold bitcoin and profited from it you must remain quiet when prices fall and you have to be patient to wait for prices to rise it is a method to avoid panic seling

Yeah you should not panic even if price is going down, but just hold your coins tight and wait for the price rise as price ups and downs will always be a part of bitcoin ecosystem.
waiting is always the key thing to do if you want to make profit with cryptocurrencies, in my opinion it can solve all the problems of price drops
Not only waiting because you cannot wait forever, when you wait you need to set a target amount before you will sell your bitcoins. Monitoring also the market regularly is very important so we can have a timely decision about our investment.

well, in that case you need to become a trader and then make trades based on the price changes in short term, and take the profit in form of fit or bitcoin and keep trading with the remainder of your capital. otherwise if you are a long term investor (a hodler) you should hold bitcoin for the long term and sell when the bigger rises happen.

Those two options that he gave are the key for earners here. Some support it by doing a buy and hold it for a long time. But I do prefer the other way. Working everyday to make it larger. But you will need to keep yourself calm when doing this.

Well that is the real strategy in bitcoin especially if you are financially stable you are going to buy bitcoin and after that you are not going to use it for purchasing anything. But you are just going to hold it for a long time and going to wait the price of bitcoin to fluctuate and once the price is going to fluctuate you are going to earn from it.

Yes I too use this technique to make some extra btc in my wallet. I had invested obit Rs 2000 on btc but now I have BTC worth of 6000. This all because of my long term patience of 2years. Even i had suffered loss but still i had tripled my bitcoin

Some have invested and moved it frequently whenever it fluctuates so they have not just tripled their money. But it needs some attention and monitoring whenever the price moves.

I cannot afford to hold it for long term, I am trader and I will keep on buying and selling on regular basis whenever I am able to make profits out of it.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:33:27 PM

I cannot afford to hold it for long term, I am trader and I will keep on buying and selling on regular basis whenever I am able to make profits out of it.

You will eventually regret not holding long term. It's impossible to get all trades right and you will end up missing on the next big uptrend with fiat in your pocket waiting for BTC to lower again to reenter the market, except that time it will never go where you want it to be, it will keep on going up to new high floors.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:03:07 PM

You will eventually regret not holding long term. It's impossible to get all trades right and you will end up missing on the next big uptrend with fiat in your pocket waiting for BTC to lower again to reenter the market, except that time it will never go where you want it to be, it will keep on going up to new high floors.
Well we are not the same how we can multiply our bitcoins and for me i agree that i can't wait to hold my bitcoins in my wallet because its just like a lazy way to earn some profit.. in my way i use bitcoin in other way not only in trading . i do multi tasker i use bitcoin to buy domain and hosting for marketing advertising a product to increase my revenue from bitcoin to usd and buy bitcoin again just to increase the amount of my bitcoin..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 06:16:56 PM

As long as you diversify, it is okay to hold BTC and forget its price.
tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:16:59 PM

Well we are not the same how we can multiply our bitcoins and for me i agree that i can't wait to hold my bitcoins in my wallet because its just like a lazy way to earn some profit.. in my way i use bitcoin in other way not only in trading . i do multi tasker i use bitcoin to buy domain and hosting for marketing advertising a product to increase my revenue from bitcoin to usd and buy bitcoin again just to increase the amount of my bitcoin..

Yes and we need to multiply our efforts to multiply our coins in our wallet and its better then simply holding them for future as it will not allow to grow your coins.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:29:54 PM

I think this way too, cause price is alwways slowly increasing , so better to make your money work on you, and use this money only in bat situations.
I think you mean bad situation.
this is indeed. your savings, no matter they are in bitcoin or any other currency will surely help you in your bad situation and time.
and saving in bitcoin have another benefit it is the additional profit if bitcoins price increase in future, which is highly possible.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:39:20 PM

I think this way too, cause price is alwways slowly increasing , so better to make your money work on you, and use this money only in bat situations.
this is indeed. your savings, no matter they are in bitcoin or any other currency will surely help you in your bad situation and time.
and saving in bitcoin have another benefit it is the additional profit if bitcoins price increase in future, which is highly possible.

Yeah saving money in a bitcoin is the best thing to do as it will allow you to grow your savings in future as everyone is expecting to see higher price of bitcoin in coming years.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253

Cashback 15%

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 05:11:21 PM

Yeah saving money in a bitcoin is the best thing to do as it will allow you to grow your savings in future as everyone is expecting to see higher price of bitcoin in coming years.

It is the expectation but should we consider realization of things.  Holding bitcoin will never change your bitcoin number and thus will minimize your risk but will also minimize the potential of earning.  Unless you use it to generate more profit.  You earning will always be trapped on that number of coins your holding.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
potatopower

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:20:59 PM

you are right, with saving your bitcoins in a longer run you might even make some good profit in the near future

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:34:16 PM

all must see on the situation if the prices fall much it would be great you sell half of the total your bitcoin and see the progress of the price if the price is still falling it is a great time to buy a bitcoin

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:48:29 PM

I think there is no harm in selling bitcoin whenever you need or you get better price.i believe bitcoin in circulation is more beneficial than bitcoin lying in wallets

Orielres

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 10:29:39 AM

I think there is no harm in selling bitcoin whenever you need or you get better price.i believe bitcoin in circulation is more beneficial than bitcoin lying in wallets

That is the reason why I hold 70% of the bitcoin for the long term and use 30% of my bitcoins to buy goods.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:16:35 AM

That is the reason why I hold 70% of the bitcoin for the long term and use 30% of my bitcoins to buy goods.
Holding bitcoin is a selfish move but we need to do that to make money, when we are spending other will still hold as the more we spend or people spend the more the market increases its circulation and apparently that is good for the market, but the bottom line is are we benefiting from helping the market?
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:45:10 AM

It is right. I think it is good time to buy some more bitcoin and hold for the next few decades as the price will rise.

shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 01:31:34 PM

It is right. I think it is good time to buy some more bitcoin and hold for the next few decades as the price will rise.

Well yes, the price of bitcoin as of now is still reasonable one to buy bitcoins. And if you are going to hold then you must buy some of bitcoins today so that if you already have some amount that you are holding you are going to get profit once the price of bitcoin is going to increase. And you are going to enjoy your earnings.

if hold for a few decades it will never bad to buy at this time. even you will benefit greatly in the future, and in accordance with the title, why you should not sell your bitcoin. because in the future you will see a very high price.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

uname

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 01:48:08 PM

I think in the future a high price does not mean you should not sell your bitcoin at this time. you can sell your bitcoin in when prices rise and then you can start to dump and buy when the price drops

JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:25:43 PM

I think in the future a high price does not mean you should not sell your bitcoin at this time. you can sell your bitcoin in when prices rise and then you can start to dump and buy when the price drops

That is the right strategy to follow, sell it when you are making profits from it as you always have an opportunity to buy it again when price falls again in future.
RichDaniel

Activity: 479
Merit: 533

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:35:40 PM

That is the right strategy to follow, sell it when you are making profits from it as you always have an opportunity to buy it again when price falls again in future.

Always buy low and sell high, don't keep bitcoin forever, it is a bad trading habbit. A bitcoin lover should trade often, it increases bitcoin's liquidity, and help speculation is equal to help bitcoin increase volume.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 02:39:50 PM

Already many of reason are here in post but I have one more suggestion for keeping coins in wallet is if you are using desktop client and coin based on PoS. It gives more advantage of getting stakes. It depends upon how much you stake in wallet.
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: