Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wardrick account hacked---trust abuse resolution in sight (finally)  (Read 25259 times)
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:52:21 PM

bump.  (time to resolve this quickseller, you can't just ignore it and make it go away)
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:44:30 AM

The TOS of coin chat was something along the lines that if you are running a bot then you must include the substring "bot" in the account you are posting from

I don't think that's true. When the API was first introduced the ToS didn't mention anything about naming bots. That came later.
Others have confirmed that the TOS of coinchat was setup so that *people* would get paid for posting.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303613.msg11163154#msg11163154
Quote from: blazr
Coinchat paid people to chat, not bots. Bot owners on coinchat we're supposed to tag their bots with "bot" so that the system would mark them as inelligible for payments for the chatting they did.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303613.msg3256646#msg3256646
Quote from: bitcoininformation aka Mitchełł
Well. I am going to stick with TF on this one. He abused the system and broke the rules. Why should anyone trust him if he cannot even follow simple rules? I think its good that TF tells people about it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303613.msg3260505#msg3260505
Quote from: bitcoininformation aka Mitchełł
You used a bot, which is only allowed if it has "bot" in his name. So "b0t" isn't allowed. You were abusing the system and that is illegal, no matter what. So stop whining, be a man and give the BTC back which you earned by breaking the rules.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303613.msg3266976#msg3266976 (never have heard of him, however one more person expressing his opinion)
Quote from: n00ber
Clearly tspacepilot did is unethical. Its common sense. My advise to you tspacepilot refund TradeFortress and move on.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303613.msg3269384#msg3269384
Quote from: SaltySpitoon
The rules explicitly state that all bots must have "bot" in the name so that they Do not get paid for chatting. You make a bot that does not follow those rules, and illegitimately gain .5 BTC. I cant understand what the misunderstanding his here, you stole .5 BTC from Tradefortress by using a bot that was not allowed. You get paid for chatting on coinchat, not having a bot spam for you, and because of your bot, Tradefortress is out .5BTC hence the negative trust.

I'm really not understanding where the question of, why don't I get negative trust for stealing .5BTC from someone? If it was an honest mistake, you would have seen that it was against the rules, said oh sorry, and returned the ill gotten coins.

Edit* And after thinking it over, I don't really buy that you werent aware of the rules in the first place. Why would you have named your bot b0t rather than bot had you not known that names with bot don't get paid?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303613.msg3269884#msg3269884
Quote from: tysat
Salty sums this up well, I agree with him.  OP looks to be completely in the wrong here, TF in the right.

He has a history of using bots to earn money from websites when doing such would be against the rules and fraudulent.

Not that I know of, unless you're referring to the misunderstanding with coinchat.
Look at salty's post that I quoted/linked above.

What is one reasonable explanation why someone would use leet speak with his "b0t" as he did? I would find it hard to believe that someone would seriously think it is a "misunderstanding" when they name their bot "b0t" when it should have been named "bot". It is ridiculous to say this was a misunderstanding. 

His inquiry is similar to a convicted rapist asking a victim of rape how the perpetrator got away with the crime against her.

That's just silly talk. To compare a guy who wrote a malfunctioning bot to a rapist? It's just wrong to judge people for their curiosity. I was watching the movie "Cop Car" recently. The killer used a bag of Lime when burying a body. I was curious as to why, but was too scared to Google about it, because I didn't want "using lime to help body decompose" in my search history. It's a sad state of affairs when our curiosity can bring suspicion upon us. "Why would he be Googling that if he didn't kill somebody?"
The comparison was between two types of people who have a history of a specific crime who are trying to find ways to execute their crimes in ways that avoid detection and increase success. 

This would be similar to if JD had a rule that when people make bets they should verify the bet and submit the outcome of the bet so JD can debit/credit their account accordingly (and JD would not check all of the results to ensure that everyone was reporting honestly). This would obviously be a very poor implementation and would be asking for fraud, however it does not mean that anyone who lies about their bet result would not be committing fraud.

Such a system would be inherently broken and need fixing ASAP. Of course people are going to try to game it. But that's not relevant here, since tsp wasn't trying to game anything.
The point of it being broken and needing fixing does not matter. You cannot aruge that tspacepilot was not trying to game anything because the rule said that all bots should be named "bot" and his bot was named "b0t". I cannot think of any example how it could be any more clear that he was gaming the system.
He created multiple threads trolling me, and was posting in various threads for months trolling me. He made it clear that unless I would remove my negative rating against him that I would continue to receive such trolling.

It sounds like he isn't willing to roll over and let you leave your multiple unfair feedbacks stand against him. He feels like you've taken a stand against him for some reason, and doesn't want to just forget about it.
No, it sounds like he was trying to intimidate me. It would be one thing to speak his opinion, it is another thing to troll across numerous threads.
The issue is that he agreed to name any bot with the substring "bot"
What makes you think that is true? It seems your entire persecution of tsp stands on this point and yet the point is false.
There are several examples of reputable people saying (at the time) that the rule was to use "bot". I also see zero reasonable explanation as to why someone would name their bot "b0t" if they were not aware of restrictions on naming bots.
I'm not aware of him having lied about anything. Is there some example you can quote?

See that last post in which I replied to you. I gave several examples in this thread in which tsp said that I was wrong in my rating. My rating is factually accurate as he did deceive coin chat when he told coin chat that he was not using a bot

He disagrees with your rating of him. What if that's because your rating is unfair? That wouldn't be him lying now would it.

What if your rating is based on a misunderstanding of the T&C of a site you weren't a user of and have little to no experience of?

In other words, what if you're wrong?
I am not wrong. I carefully considered the facts prior to leaving my rating.

I can however give another example as to how he was lying.

12:04:46 (1157905) <tsp> → (1) <@dooglus> anyway, what he says is factually false, i did dispute the 0.5 and fwiw, that was one of the main sticking
                                          points in trying to resolve what happened
Take a look at this thread. Why don't you point to where tspacepilot tried to resolve what happened? That message seems to imply that he is admitting that he took/received money that he should not have received (which also invalidates your arguments above saying that it was a misunderstanding and that he was not trying to game anything).
Yes, there are no rules regarding the DT List, but I would suggest to remove the rating or at the very least change it to neutral.

I agree.
Noted.

--snip--
 the several[1] ratings make me question whether this is personal or not.
--snip--
[1] @QS Im not sure whats wrong with that word, but you left 3 ratings, as QS, as ACCTSeller (now removed) and as FunFunnyFan.
It was explained in one of the many other threads why I left a rating from ACCTSeller, it was because the substance of the rating was not such that it would be appropriate for a "trade with caution" tag to be applied, but still be necessary to give a warning to others. However after further research, it seems that tspacepilot actually invited the negative rating from ACCTseller:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1031791.msg11140044#msg11140044
--snip--
But hey, ACCTSeller, sounds like you ought to give me negative trust for this, right?  What's holding you back?

The 3rd claimed rating, from FunFunnyFan, has no connection to me. The only claimed connection is from a troll who has relied upon nothing more then speculation to say that I am the same person as him. I would not find it unreasonable to say that one more person simply does not like tspacepilot, and he does have a history of claiming that anyone who disagrees with him is a sockpuppet of the person he is "fighting" - see his original thread when TF had left tspacepilot a negative rating. I think it is offensive that you would take the speculation of a troll as fact, when evidence and facts have been presented by someone who has a history of extensive an accurate research, as not facts.

I think overall your contribution to the trust system is a net positive,
I am glad to hear that this is your opinion. Based on this comment, it sounds like you are considering to add me to your trust list.

Quote from: dooglus trust list
dooglus
         ~Quickseller
dooglus 139: -0 / +15   2015-08-24   1.00510000   Reference   I loaned him just over 1 BTC worth of CLAM and he paid it back without any problems.

Tspacepilot posted the address 12d2dfgi1cz77mxFkHA5Gf9PdpwLVzfGKK here among many other places. As of block 367976 that address had a sum of 5 BTC worth of unspent inputs and has not spent any of those inputs since then. Block 367976 was found on 8/1/15. The claimed loan happened several weeks after that (and was repaid on a gambling site).

Why would someone who has so much bitcoin need this kind of a loan? Why would you think it would be a good idea to lend someone with tspacepilot's trading and trust history 1BTC worth of an altcoin?

I have no answers to the above questions. What I do have however is what this certainly looks like. This looks like that this is an example of selling trust, either for the entire 1BTC amount (assuming there was no loan, only a "repayment"), or for whatever the interest amount was (assuming there actually was a loan). For a number of reasons that I am not going to call you out on (yet), I am leaning towards the former. The selling of trust is highly frowned upon within the community.

I would ask you, are you really willing to stake your reputation on this person? He admitted to you that he received money that he should not have (he claimed it was a very small amount, but he still confirmed that he received money). This person has a history of extensively trolling anyone who disagrees with him (or more specifically speaks ill of him).

The first and easiest example of this is tspacepilot trolling TF. TF had given tspacepilot a negative rating in September 2013 (despite tspacepilot repeatedly claiming that the incident happening over 3 years ago), and in September 2014, tspacepilot was still trolling TF. (there are many more instances of this trolling around this time, however due to TF's repeated name changes, I am having difficulty finding them. IIRC they were in various meta threads regarding TF leaving negative trust for continuing to advertise for dicebitco.in.).

As mentioned above, bitcoininformation (aka Mitchełł) had said many times that tspacepilot was in the wrong and that tspacepilot was deserving of negative trust (but did not leave a negative rating himself). This also happened in September 2013. Then, in October 2014 (until at least January 2015 - at least 3 months!), tspacepilot used one of his alts, which has the handle sed to be extremely critical of bitcoininformation's selling of advertisements on his Overview of Bitcointalk Signature campaigns thread. (Here is another example of his harsh criticism, here is another[/url], and another, and another, and another). There are only some examples of this, however I am fairly certain there are more. Although he could argue that he actually felt the opinions he expressed in those posts, I think the extreme level of trolling that he used would make it reasonable to conclude that those (and the others that I was not able to quickly find) was vengeance for bitcoininformation speaking against tspacepilot well over a year prior to those posts.

I was a frequent advertiser on bitcoininformation's thread that tspacepilot (another example of me advertising on that thread, among others) did not want bitcoininformation selling advertisements on. I suspect that the reason I became a target of tspacepilot was because I was doing business with someone who he had a vengeance for.  Tspacepilot's trolling against me started when he asked me to sign a message from an address that I (accurately) claimed to be holding escrow funds for a signature campaign that he was not participating in. This is extremely unusual because the escrow for the signature campaign that he was actually participating in similarly did not sign a message from the address funds were being held in (this was prior to him making the inquiry regarding my escrow address), and not only that, but he has consistently stuck up for DaDice despite their refusal to sign a message from their cold storage address(!). I had explained here (among other places) that this is why tspacepilot got on my radar, and I was able to quickly find evidence that tspacepilot is/was a scammer, and left him a negative rating after carefully considering the facts and evidence. Despite his efforts to make it otherwise my negative rating is not personal (nor is it incorrect).

I really do not think it is a good idea to be endorsing someone like tspacepilot, nor do I think it is a good idea to be associated with someone like him. I think that leaving your positive rating on tspacepilot and leaving the ~ next to my name on your trust list will end up severely damaging your reputation.

I think it would be advisable to remove the positive rating you left on tspacepilot and to remove the exclusion next to my name. Both of which I think it is reasonable to conclude were sold.
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 05:46:25 PM

I guess this gigantic novel of a reply is what you've been saving up towards?  As far as I can tell this reply can be divided up into a couple of major sections.

Section 1: Quickseller rehashes a thread from 2 years ago, tries to dig into the minutia of an agreement which he never saw.

Section 2: Quickseller actually tries to defend his comparison of me to a rapist?!

Section 3: Quickseller says I am a troll.  Here I would take the time to point to numerous threads in which QS and his alts go trolling hard against anyone and everyone he disagrees with.  I don't think it's necessary to look up the links because I think everyone has seen it by now.  QS has even made direct threats against me using his main account.  Some of the stuff he's pulled with his alts has been absolutely despicable.

Section 4: QS, surprisingly, brings up troll account FunFunnyFan.  You'll notice that he attempts to suggest the account isn't his without actually denying it.  I have evidence that it is his account, and at least one other person on th forum can do so as well, so QS doesn't want to go on the record as definitively saying that it's not his, but he doesn't want to explicity deny it.

The 3rd claimed rating, from FunFunnyFan, has no connection to me....

QS: are you explicitly denying that FunFunnyFan is your account?  Be careful!

Section 5: QS transitions to attack dooglus.  Claiming that he's "selling trust".  Very interesting that again we have QS making claims and speculations about stuff he knows nothing about.  Also, shows the MO of QS, obfuscate and attack with minutia, look up a bitcoin address on the blockchain and offer wild speculations about the motivations of this or that person.  I'm going to let dooglus speak for himself, obviously, but the vamp to start going after dooglus is definitely upping the stakes here for QS.  I really thing the guy just doesn't know how to gracefully admit he's wrong and back down.  Instead, he keeps upping the stakes for himself and those involved.  Months ago QS could have listened to his peers and to his own rational brain and removed the negative trust ratings against me.  Now, he's been excluded from at least one trust list on default trust 1 and it looks like he's still trying to up the stakes.

I'm quite happy to reply in more detail to any particular point, but I don't think that going point-by-point when QS has basically copy-pasted an entire thread in here is helpful.  My reply summarizes his attack.  None of the four sections makes any defense for his attack on me, his use of alts to troll me, or his refusal to go ahead and make things right.  Even now, this latter solution is there for him (QS: look at the OP of this thread and listen to your peers), but instead of looking to fix damage he's done, he just keeps trying to up the stakes.  Alas.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:05:09 PM

Why would someone who has so much bitcoin need this kind of a loan? Why would you think it would be a good idea to lend someone with tspacepilot's trading and trust history 1BTC worth of an altcoin?

I don't think he needed it. I loaned him the 1 BTC worth of CLAM as a test to see if he would pay it back, like you suggested. I have no reason to believe he isn't trustworthy. Sure he has some negative trust ratings but they mostly seem to be from you or suspected sockpuppets of yours. You seem to have some kind of a grudge against him.

What I do have however is what this certainly looks like. This looks like that this is an example of selling trust, either for the entire 1BTC amount (assuming there was no loan, only a "repayment"), or for whatever the interest amount was (assuming there actually was a loan). For a number of reasons that I am not going to call you out on (yet), I am leaning towards the former. The selling of trust is highly frowned upon within the community.

I loaned him 123 CLAMs and he repaid it. Other than that nothing of value changed hands. I wouldn't "sell trust" under any circumstance. Call me out on whatever you like. I have nothing to hide.

I would ask you, are you really willing to stake your reputation on this person?

I'm not staking my reputation on him. I left positive feedback after he repaid the 1 BTC worth of CLAM I loaned him.

I think it would be advisable to remove the positive rating you left on tspacepilot and to remove the exclusion next to my name. Both of which I think it is reasonable to conclude were sold.

I don't think that's a reasonable conclusion at all, since (a) it never happened and (b) there is absolutely no evidence that it did.

You can't imagine why tsp would take a 1 BTC loan when he has 5 BTC already, and yet you think it's somehow possible that I would risk my reputation selling trust to tsp for 1 BTC?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1000

monero

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:36:13 PM

that is a very weird way under the given circumstances to test tsps trustworthiness  Huh not sure what you're really trying to prove there, doog. but it appears you're trying to teach QS a lesson using tsps "case".

anyway, publicity stunts like this are exactly why everybody should manage his very own trust list  Smiley

edit: I have neither doog nor QS on my trust list, so tsp appears neutral to me, which is probably the most correct display of his actual trust.

ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:41:38 PM

Once again, I don't believe tspacepilot is a scammer (obviously. I don't think anyone really thinks otherwise) and he honestly does not deserve the negative trust given to him. Also he probably just proved that he is trustworthy to a reasonable extent and the trust feedback is misleading now that since he repaid the 1BTC value loan from dooglus.

Thanks Smiley
ndnhc
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:50:44 PM

that is a very weird way under the given circumstances to test tsps trustworthiness  Huh not sure what you're really trying to prove there, doog. but it appears you're trying to teach QS a lesson using tsps "case".

Testing his trust with a small amount of money was QS' idea. I did as he suggested:

Knowing that tspacepilot fraudulently withdrew some amount of money from coin chat, and knowing that he lied about it, would you trust him with a small amount of money, say 4BTC? What about an amount similar that was claimed by TF that tspacepilot stole, say 0.5BTC? What about half that amount, say .25BTC? What if there was a way that would guarantee that you are in fact speaking to tspacepilot but had no way to prove your agreement (e.g. only you would know that you got scammed), would you trust him with any of the above amounts?

What do you think would happen if you accidentally sent any of the above amounts to tspacepilot? What about a greater amount? Do you think he would quickly return the money?

Are any of the above answers impacted on the fact that you know that tspacepilot withdrew money from coin chat that he was not entitled to? Does the fact that tspacepilot lied about withdrawing money from coin chat numerous times affect any of the above answers?

I think a lot of people would trust a hero member who they know is the original owner of their account with .25BTC (I don't think tspacepilot has been sold), but I do not think it would be smart to trust tspacepilot with that small of an amount.

tsp has been on the forums for a long time without apparently ripping anyone off. Other than some trumped up charges from QS over an accident years ago involving a bot and some dust I don't see any reason to suspect he's at all scammy.

anyway, publicity stunts like this are exactly why everybody should manage his very own trust list  Smiley

edit: I have neither doog nor QS on my trust list, so tsp appears neutral to me, which is probably the most correct display of his actual trust.

There's no publicity stunt. The loan happened about a week ago, and nobody even mentioned it until QS noticed a screenshot of it linked from my feedback on tsp's profile. If QS is justified in leaving negative feedback about a malfunctioning bot taking some BTC dust against a defunct scam site's terms and conditions that didn't exist at the time when the alleged "crime" happened then surely it's OK for me to leave positive feedback about the fact that I trusted him with 1 BTC worth of value and he didn't attempt to steal it from me. I'm not saying "this guy is great, trust him with your life savings". I'm saying "I loaned him 1 BTC worth of value and he repaid it". That's all.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 10:43:41 PM

@tsp - Do you think it is strange that you are accusing QS of sock-puppetry when you engaged in that very practice earlier this year in your interactions with Mitch?

@dooglus - I don't see any evidence that tsp ever received the loan, only that he paid it back. Is there some kind of evidence that he actually received ~320 CLAM from you? I also see that tsp paid you back via a tip on Just-Dice, did he *actually* have the ability to not repay you if he tried not to (if he tried to withdraw the ~320 CLAM, or if he tried to gamble some of the CLAM, would he have been able to?).

@tsp - Did your months long harassment of Mitchell have anything to do with the fact that Mitchell said that you were in the wrong ~2 years ago? (full disclosure, I have traded with Mitch in the past and he was very pleasant to work with)

These questions are on-topic to this thread because the answers to them would be evidence of the ethical morals of the person who is claiming to be unjustly harmed.

I do want to avoid this drama as much as possible, but I did see a few points that you did not address.

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:33:07 PM

@tsp - Do you think it is strange that you are accusing QS of sock-puppetry when you engaged in that very practice earlier this year in your interactions with Mitch?
I do think there's some irony in you, Quickseller, using this alt to accuse me of sockpuppetry.

Your timing is a little uncanny, my friend:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1169243.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077982.msg12232400#msg12232400
others

The more alts you pull into this, this more it's going to end up costing you in your long-run scheme.  It looks like you've been given positive feedback by Panthers52 and vice versa and now you're using the account to do dirty work on Meta that you don't want to do under your own account.  Are you sure pulling another alt into this was a good idea for you?

It's really starting to seem like the personal side of your grudge against me is overtaking your judgment completely.  When you were logged in as FunFunnyFan, newbie, anonymous account you had one task: sell an account on default trust.  A lot of people would find this shady in and of itself, but that was your goal.  However, you couldn't resist to mix business with the "pleasure" of taunting me.  So, we have https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=519804;sa=showPosts.

Now you wanna take your Panthers52 account, which you've been using to escrow for yourself https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1167247.msg12291275#msg12291275

Isn't this sorta thing how you got your ACCTSeller account linked?  You really are upping the stakes pulling in this alt account which you seem to have been keeping in the shadows for so long.  Don't you realize how desperate this make you look to try do defend your bad behavior?  You think I didn't know who you were when you PMd me a month ago asking for transaction details of a particular transaction which I said had failed to confirm?  QS, you think you're so clever trying to play private-investigator on here with your account selling and sleazy sockpuppetry and demagogery.  You're not going to be able to pull the rug over everyone's eyes forever, and the more you enroll your sockpuppet army to try to persecute me the less you're going to be able to use those accounts to positively rep yourself and otherwise to the sort of "trust farming" you were clearly describing from experience here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1163292.msg12303630#msg12303630

Please, QS, leave your alts out of it.  Your shenanigans with this thread are all too obvious: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1169243.0

And, for anyone who has a google search, your panthers52 account has been linked to you in the past.  As if we didn't know ...
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 11:38:09 PM

It looks like you've been given positive feedback by Panthers52 and vice versa and now you're using the account to do dirty work on Meta that you don't want to do under your own account.

I would like to note that Panthers52 does not have a positive feedback given by Quickseller. (Yet.) Personally, I disagree that Panthers52 is an alt of QS (although if sufficient evidence rises then I will switch without hesitation).

I would like to note that I have not yet taken any sides of this discussion to avoid pulling myself into this.

Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 11:44:37 PM

I am unsure as to what you are talking about. I am not surprised that you responded the way you did. I think you might be intentionally ignoring my questions and instead accusing me of being a sock-puppet because the answers would make you look bad. Would they not?

Did you not invite me to discuss my opinions in this very thread not many days ago? Did you not invite me after I expressed my opinions of this situation to you? I do not think it should be a surprise to you what my stance on this situation is.

I will kindly repeat my prior questions presented to you. Do you feel that my questions are somehow unreasonable to be presented?

@tsp - Did your months long harassment of Mitchell have anything to do with the fact that Mitchell said that you were in the wrong ~2 years ago? (full disclosure, I have traded with Mitch in the past and he was very pleasant to work with)

Kind Regards
Panthers52

PGP 827D2A60

tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:59:45 PM

I think you're cute.  I love the few little twists you do with the "posting style" under this account to try to differentiate it from your main accounts.  The evidence that this is your alt is out there, and it seems quite clear that you're not willing to deny this being your acount because you know that if it comes down to it, Badbear has ways of alt-checking which will reveal your attemtps to use yourself as an escrow.  Yikes!  Are you sure you want to keep pressing on this?  Seems that when you got called out with your FunFunnyFan acount you suddently had to disappear that one.  Presumably this account is more valuable to you as it seems to be the account you use for all your trading.  Again, I think that the more alts you pull in is the more you're going to get yourself into trouble.

I do not think it's strange that you're using a sock-puppet to try to distract from the issue at hand.  That's pretty much exactly what you tried with ACCTSeller in the first thread about this months ago (note: that was before ACCTSeller was revealed publically as his alt).

I've got no problems with bitcoininformation/Mitchell.  Somehow, it seems like he and I have been able to disagree without it coming down to a trust-system abuse war.  Presumably, that's just not his style (it's not my style, either, but I gotta defend myself when you falsely accuse me).  When Mitch has something to say to me, I'm sure he can say it for himself.  Your use of a sockpuppet here is transparent.

So, QS, you seem to be going a little crazy here.  You're pulling in your most closely-guarded alt accounts to try to distract from the topic at hand.  You're starting to attempt to attack dooglus---that's a big fish to pul down dude, I don't think you can do it.  I'm a minnow here, I never hurt anyone and never did any trading.  You decided that you could end me but I've stood up to you.  I think if you try to make this about dooglus you're going to find that you've bitten off more than you can chew.
Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 01:06:41 AM

Again there is no basis for you claim, and again I believe you are only trying to distract from my questions.

After I was critical of your opinion regarding the trust summary of maidak, an opinion that would have allowed maidak to continue to scam, you had sent me a number of Personal Messages, and one of them invited me to participate in this thread.

If you want to join the discussion surrounding QS' personal war on me, maybe you could do it in the Meta thread about that topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1129059.0
I question why you would ask me to participate in this thread if your only response to my posts is to accuse me of being QS. I had also told you that I believed that you are a scammer, a fact that you disputed without any kind of evidence. I asked you to not hold it against me for thinking that you are a scammer, a request that you obliged until I posted here.

I intentionally did not state my opinion because I knew the chances were high that I would be on the receiving end of trolling and accusations of sock-puppetry. This is what you did to Mitch when he told you that you were wrong, and this is what you did to others who said that you were wrong.

You were not simply stating your opinion on Mitch's thread, you were harassing him for months, to the point that multiple people said that you were being a dick, and similar. This did not take me hours to dig up, I only had to click on a few references a few posts up. Those references contain posts where you respond to and agree with what appears to be one of your sock-puppets. I also look at another reference that does show very strong evidence that the other person you were agreeing with is your sock-puppet.

I would again repeat my questions to you:

I will kindly repeat my prior questions presented to you. Do you feel that my questions are somehow unreasonable to be presented?

Kind Regards
Panthers52

Why don't you pretend for a minute that you could somehow prove that I am QS. What rule exactly do you think I broke? None of the trades I have been a party to ever had any kind of dispute. I didnt state any opinion publicly, I only poised a few well throughout questions.

When you answer my poised questions, please pretend that it is QS poising them to you. This way there would be no reason to try to distract from what I asked.

Your interactions with Mitchell was anything but friendly. I would describe it as a war, one in which only you fought until you got your way.

After your automatic false claim of me, your attacks against me and after your twisting of the words of many others in this thread, I will very clearly and publically state my opinion:

tsp - I think you are a scammer and I think you should repay the money that you stole. I cannot leave you a negative trust because I have never traded with you and AFAIK I am not allowed to leave a negative trust if I have never traded with you and are not on anyone's Default Trust list

Kindly add my quote to the first post of this thread. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I can say that I was intimidated against speaking in this thread out of fear of harassment.

I think maybe if you cannot respond to my inquiries like an adult then maybe I should start to open a hundred threads about your sock-puppet abuse and start to troll you for months. I cannot do that because, unlike you, I do trade in the marketplace and I do have a reputation that I wish to maintain.  If you do respond like a child again then you will only get added to my permanent ignore list and I will forever leave this thread.

Kind Regards
Panthers52

PGP 827D2A60

PistolPete

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:26:39 AM

I don't think he needed it. I loaned him the 1 BTC worth of CLAM as a test to see if he would pay it back, like you suggested. I have no reason to believe he isn't trustworthy. Sure he has some negative trust ratings but they mostly seem to be from you or suspected sockpuppets of yours. You seem to have some kind of a grudge against him.

What I do have however is what this certainly looks like. This looks like that this is an example of selling trust, either for the entire 1BTC amount (assuming there was no loan, only a "repayment"), or for whatever the interest amount was (assuming there actually was a loan). For a number of reasons that I am not going to call you out on (yet), I am leaning towards the former. The selling of trust is highly frowned upon within the community.

I loaned him 123 CLAMs and he repaid it. Other than that nothing of value changed hands. I wouldn't "sell trust" under any circumstance. Call me out on whatever you like. I have nothing to hide.

I would ask you, are you really willing to stake your reputation on this person?

I'm not staking my reputation on him. I left positive feedback after he repaid the 1 BTC worth of CLAM I loaned him.

I don't think that's a reasonable conclusion at all, since (a) it never happened and (b) there is absolutely no evidence that it did.

You can't imagine why tsp would take a 1 BTC loan when he has 5 BTC already, and yet you think it's somehow possible that I would risk my reputation selling trust to tsp for 1 BTC?

To poke my ugly nose in here, what you did was engage in a reputation building loan. Not only it is the wrong way to go, it is also grounds for receiving -ve rating. Clearly no one has the guts to do that to you, so be a dear and pull me in Level 2 so I can give you one. You're setting a bad precedent here and it will only encourage other to openly declare now 'Hey, the great Dooglus gave a rep building loan so we can engage in it now'.

If you truly believe Tspace to be trustworthy, why not give him a loan which is really risky, instead of some token amount? Give him 100 BTC and see if he returns. If you shy away from doing that it means you were only treading comfortable waters and angling for an excuse to provide trust which is almost as bad as selling trust.

[/retracts nose]
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:38:28 AM

It's too transparent what you're doing here to engage with it any further.  You tried this very distraction technique right at the beginning of this nonsense.  I called you out here in mid april for abusing me but I had to wait until badbear returned from holiday in order for you to be corrected.  When the thread wasn't going your way and people started to ask why you were doing such shady things to me, you tried to distract by saying "wait, this guy has an alt!"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1032755.msg11150432#msg11150432

Such distractions didn't work then and they won't work now.  The fact that you're using a sockpuppet to try this distraction is certainly an interesting gambit, given what you have to lose with the fact that you've been using yourself as escrow for the trades this account does.  QS, you're digging yourself into a bigger and bigger hole here.  Eventually you're not going to be able to distract your way out of it.

If you can characterize my interactions with Mitch all you want to.  But until Mitch himself gripes at me, I'm not going to really talk to you about it.  How do you know what PMs me and mitch have traded?  Is he going to appreciate your trying to pull him into the middle of a personal dispute that he has nothing to do with?

Quickseller, leave your sockpuppets out of this.  It's all too transparent what you're trying to do.  No one is going to be taken in.  I'm not going to go over the mountains of evidence I've already collected showing that Panthers52 is your alt because 1) it's too obvious already to anyone who looks at what you've written using the two accounts 2) it's a distraction from the topic at hand---or maybe it's not.  In some sense, it shows that although you removed the feedback from your alt ACCTSeller, which you originally used to try to smear me (used it for the trolling in the dadice campaing, used it for the necrobumping of an old thread)  You did these things to try to do shady behavior without having that behavior associated with your main account.  The fact that you're still trying these shenanigans really just shows that although you're willing to remove these kinds of things when you're backed up against the wall, you haven't learned your lesson and you're still willing to stop-at-no-cost to try to win a dispute.  It's scary the way you operate man.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:51:56 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 03:57:31 PM by BitcoinEXpress

@tspacepilot

You're wrong about QS being Panters52 LOL

~BCX~

Added: Appears to have been correct.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:51:02 AM

@tspacepilot

You're wrong about QS being Panters52 LOL

~BCX~

Sure? I do see something really common. (the attitudes and style in the least). There is, if true, a very good attempt to differentiate the posting style and IMO, it is a quite possible speculation.

If they aren't the same guy, they most certainly got the same way of thinking.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:18:30 AM

@dooglus - I don't see any evidence that tsp ever received the loan, only that he paid it back. Is there some kind of evidence that he actually received ~320 CLAM from you? I also see that tsp paid you back via a tip on Just-Dice, did he *actually* have the ability to not repay you if he tried not to (if he tried to withdraw the ~320 CLAM, or if he tried to gamble some of the CLAM, would he have been able to?).

The loan happened on Just-Dice.com. What evidence could I provide that would satisfy you? The loan and the repayment both happened off-chain and so could easily be faked.

He *actually* had the ability not to repay me. He could have clicked the 'withdraw' button and taken the coins off-site. I really did trust him with the coins, and he really didn't attempt to steal them.

For what it's worth, here's a screenshot of the relevant section of my History>Withdrawals report on Just-Dice.com:

tsp will be able to show something similar from his History>Deposits report, no doubt.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:26:02 AM

To poke my ugly nose in here, what you did was engage in a reputation building loan. Not only it is the wrong way to go, it is also grounds for receiving -ve rating. Clearly no one has the guts to do that to you, so be a dear and pull me in Level 2 so I can give you one. You're setting a bad precedent here and it will only encourage other to openly declare now 'Hey, the great Dooglus gave a rep building loan so we can engage in it now'.

If you truly believe Tspace to be trustworthy, why not give him a loan which is really risky, instead of some token amount? Give him 100 BTC and see if he returns. If you shy away from doing that it means you were only treading comfortable waters and angling for an excuse to provide trust which is almost as bad as selling trust.

I don't know whether he would steal 100 BTC given the chance or not. I suspect he wouldn't, but am not willing to take that risk. I was pretty confident he wouldn't steal 1 BTC, and was correct about that.

1 BTC is much more than he is accused of stealing from coinchat.  Why would he steal dust from coinchat but not steal a whole Bitcoin from me?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:43:56 AM

@dooglus:
Indeed, I can create a screenshot showing me receiving the tip and one showing that I paid it back if anyone would like to see it.

I think the loan you offered to me has put QS' final claims to the test.  As far as I can tell, the last concrete appeal he has made regarding this rating was that I shouldn't be trusted with even the smallest amount of money.

It's pretty clear from what's happened since that now he's going into full-on distraction mode.  It makes sense that he's pulling in the alts now because his arguments against me aren't holding water and there's not really anyone who seems willing to stand up for what he's arguing for here (except perhaps panthers52, or ACCTSeller).

The unfortunate thing about this situation is that QS has blown up the matter so large that there's not really a graceful exit strategy for him.  I tried to PM over a month ago to see if we could get this sorted out more discretely but he refused to discuss it.  Clearly the right thing for him to do is to say "hey, maybe I overreacted" and to remove the negative rating, pick up what's left of his reputation, and go on with his life of "scambusting".  I sorta thought we were headed that direction when he removed one of the sockpuppet trust ratings about a week ago, but alas, he only removed one of the two and it seems he's recently pulled another account out of the closet to try to distract from the topic at hand.

QS, even the best people can be wrong.  The crucial thing is to recognize when you're wrong and go on.  I can't recognize that I'm wrong in this case because I didn't do the things you accuse me of.  I know because I was there and I remember what I did and didn't do.  And, as far as I can tell, you weren't there, so how would have any idea?  In your heart, you know how you started this and that it's time to let it go.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: