Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:04:18 PM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.

I am absolutely infatuated with Bitcoin and it has driven me to change my major to one that is related so that I can hopefully start a career in FinTech when I graduate. I was lucky enough to get an internship with a tech startup and would love to go and work in Silicon Valley. The only issue being that I have a fairly stable job that I could make a career out of and I am afraid to leave that safety net. It's definitely a hard choice  Undecided
I think no one could go full time on bitcoin without any preparation for his life. I mean, if you really want to quit your daily job, then you should make sure the risk of your choice, whether you can get enough money for your living cost with go full time on bitcoin or not.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:12:25 PM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.

I am absolutely infatuated with Bitcoin and it has driven me to change my major to one that is related so that I can hopefully start a career in FinTech when I graduate. I was lucky enough to get an internship with a tech startup and would love to go and work in Silicon Valley. The only issue being that I have a fairly stable job that I could make a career out of and I am afraid to leave that safety net. It's definitely a hard choice  Undecided
I think no one could go full time on bitcoin without any preparation for his life. I mean, if you really want to quit your daily job, then you should make sure the risk of your choice, whether you can get enough money for your living cost with go full time on bitcoin or not.
Yes, just try for an year and see that are you able to get that much amount of bitcoins an year to fulfill your basic needs. And if yes, then you should surely go full time into Bitcoin.
But currently Bitcoin is very risky and also the network is breaking due to 8mb blocks, so please think about that also.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:15:17 PM

Im very intersting with bitcoin technology, i have more dream in bitcoin
like i have big exchanger, big e-comercy service also i have good site like coindesk

i will quit from my job soon Smiley

I think it would be the most profitable if you start your ventures in fields which are not yet explored. There are a lot of exchange services, coindisk similar websites.. You should try creating something which allow you to have monopoly. The very reason behind bitcoin's success is that it has monopoly, so despite different coins being creater, nothing has really competed with bitcoin yet.
Well make something that allow you to have monopoly is a hard way, which you have to something new or innovated thing. It means your product is not necessarily favored by people although you dont have any rival yet.

Yeah, having monopoly with a product which makes it efficient and innovative is the hardest, having a brilliant idea is the hardest. It serves as an asset later, makes advertising and marketing easy, people promote it for no cost, authentic organic people view your product and that's how you create monopoly. Getting rich is easy, having a brilliant idea to make you rich is the tough part.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:53:05 PM

You don't really need a monopoly to become rich, you just need the right product which may be of mediocre quality, but if the marketing is on point people will buy any shit these days. I still believe marketing is king at the end of the day.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:20:11 PM

Yeah, having monopoly with a product which makes it efficient and innovative is the hardest, having a brilliant idea is the hardest. It serves as an asset later, makes advertising and marketing easy, people promote it for no cost, authentic organic people view your product and that's how you create monopoly. Getting rich is easy, having a brilliant idea to make you rich is the tough part.
Its true, thats why people say that idea is the most expensive and great thing in business. But, surely people not always agree with our idea although we have some innovation things on that. The next important point is, your idea must fit in what people really need. For now, not all people need bitcoin, so if we really want to go full time on bitcoin, we have to mind this issue.

You don't really need a monopoly to become rich, you just need the right product which may be of mediocre quality, but if the marketing is on point people will buy any shit these days. I still believe marketing is king at the end of the day.
Yeah, but the rivalry in business has been tighter time by time, which there are many companies that make similar products. Sometimes we need to make something new, so it will be a monopoly if your new idea is favored by people instead of compete with other company with similar product.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:10:27 AM

Its true, thats why people say that idea is the most expensive and great thing in business. But, surely people not always agree with our idea although we have some innovation things on that. The next important point is, your idea must fit in what people really need. For now, not all people need bitcoin, so if we really want to go full time on bitcoin, we have to mind this issue.

I have a couple start ups and plans to invest heavy in bitcoin projects, the only time I invested my personal money in any project was the first time I had a business idea, which was when I was 18. A couple decades and now I am doing pretty good now, I assume. Knowing what people need is the way you can be a millionaire, knowing the market, one of the toughest tasks to accomplish Smiley
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:51:22 AM

I have a couple start ups and plans to invest heavy in bitcoin projects, the only time I invested my personal money in any project was the first time I had a business idea, which was when I was 18. A couple decades and now I am doing pretty good now, I assume. Knowing what people need is the way you can be a millionaire, knowing the market, one of the toughest tasks to accomplish Smiley

Yeah its true but somehow you can force them to buy what you they dont even need, you just need a good and attractive stuff and kind of useful stuffs to sell so they will buy it no matter not important the items. Some of them are only collect many kinds of things just to satisfy their desire. And with some people like that so you will control the market and its not that hard right? Just need to find a good piece of thing to sell  Grin
novadragon

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:46:49 PM

of course not, I am looking for a side job only bitcoin  Smiley
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:00:25 PM

People needs always changing time by time, so the next challenge is could your product survive for long time or not. Anyway good luck on your investment plans.

Yeah its true but somehow you can force them to buy what you they dont even need, you just need a good and attractive stuff and kind of useful stuffs to sell so they will buy it no matter not important the items. Some of them are only collect many kinds of things just to satisfy their desire. And with some people like that so you will control the market and its not that hard right? Just need to find a good piece of thing to sell  Grin
There is not a lot people who want to buy something which they dont really need, so I dont think that way as a profitable method when running a business. Knowing what people need is still the best idea imo.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:01:26 PM

You need a good balance between a good product and good marketing. Sometimes aggressive marketing is more effective than a good quality product, but it can have consequences. Look at all the trash made in china that is causing accidents. You dont wanna go too cheap, so keep a good balance.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:09:46 PM

There is not a lot people who want to buy something which they dont really need, so I dont think that way as a profitable method when running a business. Knowing what people need is still the best idea imo.

Nope you are wrong on this, let us say clothes. Why people keep on buying it when they are already have tons of it, mostly on women? I guess they dont need it that much but they still keep on buying it again and again. Like I said before attractive stuff in this case, with this kind of trick you can control the market. Knowing what people need is good but it really takes on effort and take some times to make it come though
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:28:36 AM

Nope you are wrong on this, let us say clothes. Why people keep on buying it when they are already have tons of it, mostly on women? I guess they dont need it that much but they still keep on buying it again and again. Like I said before attractive stuff in this case, with this kind of trick you can control the market. Knowing what people need is good but it really takes on effort and take some times to make it come though
Well, clothes isnt a thing we could use forever, especially for women. They usually dont want to use same clothes for long period, so they still buy and buy again to change the old one. I can say its still a primary needs for them.

By the way, you could take a look some full time job vacancy in bitcoin here. Maybe you can get a suitable one with your background.
https://angel.co/bitcoin/jobs
https://coinality.com/

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Santoso

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:10:10 PM

I don't think so. Bitcoin is just a side job. But if this side job gives me more money than my primary job then I would consider this as a bonus or saving for retirement Grin
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:20:24 PM

to me bitcoin seems like a fun and interesting way of trading. i dont use bitcoin just for the sake of money. i use it because its intriguing.
so short answer, i would'nt quit my job over bitcoin, but i wouldn't give it up either.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:56:17 PM

Why should I leave my current job when I can still earn the bitcoin in my free time? I think the only best way to earn bitcoin and make living off it is mining and that is quite expensive so I would rather stick to my regular job and keep searching for ways to get hold as many bitcoins as I can in my spare time

bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

Definitely I am not going to do this just because of instability of this bitcoin and I cannot recover all this if I am just depending on this but if its came stable then I can think about this
HarHarHar9965

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:18:26 PM

In the long run, it does not matter how attractive or fancy a product is, as long as it is useful. The reason mobiles, laptops, automobiles, tubelights, televisions, etc still exist is because they are more useful than other products like electric sharper, hair dryer, etc. There might be not so useful products in market which are successful but inventing something like a mobile and knowing the size of markets and demographics is the recipe to being a millionaire.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:12:53 PM

I always thought of Bitcoin as a side job. You just run the miner, sit back and watch your earnings grow. It's like you're working but instead the miner is doing all the work for you  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:03:24 AM

bitcoin for me at the moment means a extra income all months that i can save or invest in something i believe or need,left my work isnt the way but would consider it if i had money to play with exchange.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 07:03:02 AM

I don't think so. Bitcoin is just a side job. But if this side job gives me more money than my primary job then I would consider this as a bonus or saving for retirement Grin

this can be only true in mining, i doubt any other thing related with bitcoin would give you a steady earning over a very long time, signature, which are the best earning are not reliable, you can be chased away by the owner, like in your real life job
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: