Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:35:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
user64

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:01:36 AM

Pardon me, If I may ask..how does owning bitcoins equate to a job or side job???

we are talking about earning bitcoin in various way, for example with a signature campign, in this case i think it as a job, maybe not a regulated job, but who care

every thing that give you money in exchange of your time is a job, it does not matter what you're doing...

you should care, my daughter earns more mowing the neighbours lawns than you do with your signature campaigns. And the difference is she can actually spenf this money on something tangible

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:05:29 AM

Pardon me, If I may ask..how does owning bitcoins equate to a job or side job???

@Amph was correct, we are not talking about owning , we are talking about earning. However owning bitcoins , for me,  it's not considered a job ,it's something like an investment. But if we are referring to earning, it will be considered a job or a side job depending on the time and effort you put on it. Personally, I do consider earning bitcoins as a side job since I'm a student.

Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:10:32 AM

we are talking about earning bitcoin in various way, for example with a signature campign, in this case i think it as a job, maybe not a regulated job, but who care

every thing that give you money in exchange of your time is a job, it does not matter what you're doing...

you should care, my daughter earns more mowing the neighbours lawns than you do with your signature campaigns. And the difference is she can actually spenf this money on something tangible

You're probably living in a rich country Cheesy Some people on third world countries consider earning on signature campaigns as a job or a side job (like me) since we can't easily earn them and it's a big amount(the rate per post) for us. You'd be more surprise to those who claim on faucets that consider it as a side job Grin I know a few of them

user64

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:12:57 AM

@Amph was correct, we are not talking about owning , we are talking about earning. However owning bitcoins , for me,  it's not considered a job ,it's something like an investment. But if we are referring to earning, it will be considered a job or a side job depending on the time and effort you put on it. Personally, I do consider earning bitcoins as a side job since I'm a student.

So where are these "jobs" that bitcoins have created? Minus scamming offcourse and signature campaigns which id basically a paid to post job. And is also conducted in fiat in many other websites
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:23:36 AM

well yes but this is true also, if you compare a macdonald guy vs you wife's job, it's not about who earn more, it has to do with what you find more confortable to do

and don't forget that those two btc month that i'm making right now with signature can be worth a tons in the future, what if bitcoin skyrocket to 10k one day

it's like i was earning 20k per month with 3 hours of my time, i doubt your wife is doing better if this would be the case
user64

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:57:48 AM

well yes but this is true also, if you compare a macdonald guy vs you wife's job, it's not about who earn more, it has to do with what you find more confortable to do

and don't forget that those two btc month that i'm making right now with signature can be worth a tons in the future, what if bitcoin skyrocket to 10k one day

it's like i was earning 20k per month with 3 hours of my time, i doubt your wife is doing better if this would be the case

If my aunty had balls she would be my uncle. Based on your premise if btc price drops to nothing, you would have worked for nothing. Nobody has any idea how its going to pan out. Unless of course you have a crystalball that says otherwise. BTW, i am not married, I said my daughter. Surely you can earn more doing a proper job in the real world. What kind of person would quit a proper job to come sit here posting shit all day and hoping to be paid without a solid contract or protection? Well, to each is own.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:34:31 PM

If my aunty had balls she would be my uncle. Based on your premise if btc price drops to nothing, you would have worked for nothing. Nobody has any idea how its going to pan out. Unless of course you have a crystalball that says otherwise. BTW, i am not married, I said my daughter. Surely you can earn more doing a proper job in the real world. What kind of person would quit a proper job to come sit here posting shit all day and hoping to be paid without a solid contract or protection? Well, to each is own.

because earning in bitcoin, has more freedom and it is absent from tax, especially in a not regulated country like mine

that's why i prefer to earn bitcoin directly, good luck on your average job, and tax that would kill all your income for nothing

also i'm only wasting 3-4  hours a day vs 8-10 hours of a regular job, there is no stress no hassles and payment are weekly, no comparison at all
user64

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:10:59 PM

because earning in bitcoin, has more freedom and it is absent from tax, especially in a not regulated country like mine

that's why i prefer to earn bitcoin directly, good luck on your average job, and tax that would kill all your income for nothing

also i'm only wasting 3-4  hours a day vs 8-10 hours of a regular job, there is no stress no hassles and payment are weekly, no comparison at all

Well now that it is clear that you are just one lazy fucker and a tax dodger, with nothing positive to contribute to society, il let it be.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:04:22 PM

Well now that it is clear that you are just one lazy fucker and a tax dodger, with nothing positive to contribute to society, il let it be.

there is no need to insult, and there is no need to contirbute to the society, if you just want to be a slave of their system

i don't want to be one of those slaves sry
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:08:04 PM

also i'm only wasting 3-4  hours a day vs 8-10 hours of a regular job, there is no stress no hassles and payment are weekly, no comparison at all

That is the same as working part time but in this case through computer.
Or through phones when you are on the go, but yeah earning money through bitcoin is a good idea.
Because you get the most of it (all of it) and you have not to pay any taxes/vat neither insurance work.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:24:32 PM

I have bitcoin as a hobby, i'm not a profesional of trading, or big minner. Could be nice working only with bitcoins, as a trader, miner or developer. But for now i need my job to pay the bills.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:02:45 PM

Real job usually leads us to a stress always ,i doubt amp doing his posts has some kind of stress ,and well its like a dream be able to work from home and pay all the bills and well 3 hours a days spent ,will save the body when he gets older.Sure there is some real jobs paying well but lets look to minimum salary of each country soo those 2 btc is enought to pay the bills .And its very clear you are against bitcoin and all its techonology,and lets finish with if your example get fired ? What if?
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:27:01 AM

I think that right now I would never quit my day job to go full time into bitcoin. When bitcoin first came out, I would have bought a sh*t tonne of bitcoin at a very low price and then when the price skyrocketed I would sell it all, take all my money and quit my day job. At this time though, I think that it is too risky to fully rely on bitcoin, it is still quite volatile and if it drops you could lose a lot of money.  Grin Grin Grin
CrimBit

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:42:38 AM

Yes i will Quite from my real job Smiley and focus at bitcoin
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:48:24 AM

I am pretty sure Bitcoin will get stronger with more trust putting on it.
It may seem unstable in price currently but holding out is still superb option.

So if you talk about leaving job. I guess it will be hard and risky in short range.
anthonycamp

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:55:40 AM

i suggest like most of people here you btc its just 10% of income max soo you can never be lolatil into work like this BTC and this nevr be a easy time job even here soo no easy money just work and have a job for fiat its better and keep most into the bank the intelegence can come from every where but btc its far away less used than fiat like only 0.05% of all world and major workers are just like 99% for fiat and 1% max for btc soo never quit your usuall job its my opinion never into the next 10 years or ever even retirment its not a option.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:57:25 AM

umm.. yeah i can do so .... Cool
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:02:15 AM

umm.. yeah i can do so .... Cool

I have confidence in bitcoin. On the other hand beyond any doubt I will experience my normal everyday employment except in the event that I will make certain that my new occupation which be paid in bitcoin make certain and the remuneration will be vastly improved than the paymnet I got with the fiat cash.
RyanLZ

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:16:57 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 10:47:41 AM by RyanLZ

It depends on what I can do for bitcoin. If the bitcoin related industry grows bigger, and there is job opportunities there, I will find a job there.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:08:18 PM

If you own or want to start a good bitcoin related service that can yield you enough profits, then by all means you can make the change and quit your normal job.
Sadly, this isn't an option for many of members here, as mining and trading are not that lucrative anymore, or wary a lot, offering no financial stability.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: