Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:31:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:25:39 AM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.
I would not do it that easy because I like to think about long term and where bitcoin goes before I invest my own future in it.
if you are not doing a job online that pays bitcoin, you do not need to quit your job and what you need to do is just to invest a portion of your income in day job and hope that bitcoin's future is good for you to have a successful investment and you can use it as you retirement.
if you planning to quit you need to know more about trading alt as it is the source of much bigger income for bitcoin.

But the thing is there is a little bit  risk in trading Isn't it? Look if you buy some coins for trading and the price of these coins will decrease due to market competition then you will have to face a loss then what would you do? I accepted that trading will give you great profit but don't quit your full day job because you will get a good/constant amount every month from you full time job. Do trading but as a part time job or as a side business.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:55:07 AM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.
I would not do it that easy because I like to think about long term and where bitcoin goes before I invest my own future in it.
if you are not doing a job online that pays bitcoin, you do not need to quit your job and what you need to do is just to invest a portion of your income in day job and hope that bitcoin's future is good for you to have a successful investment and you can use it as you retirement.
if you planning to quit you need to know more about trading alt as it is the source of much bigger income for bitcoin.

But the thing is there is a little bit  risk in trading Isn't it? Look if you buy some coins for trading and the price of these coins will decrease due to market competition then you will have to face a loss then what would you do? I accepted that trading will give you great profit but don't quit your full day job because you will get a good/constant amount every month from you full time job. Do trading but as a part time job or as a side business.

Yeah and if you are into trading then you can easily do that in your spare time and you don't need to quit your job for that as job will give you stable income which is not possible with trading.
Maslate

Activity: 3010
Merit: 678

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:13:05 AM

Everything has a risk and you cannot take that, trading is risky because you use your money to make money, probably a big guessing game for the traders and only few can be successful.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:18:23 AM

Yeah and if you are into trading then you can easily do that in your spare time and you don't need to quit your job for that as job will give you stable income which is not possible with trading.
Yes unless you own this forum or some big bitcoin exchange, you should never quit your job for you can never earn lot of money with bitcoin alone

chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:18:41 AM

Everything has a risk and you cannot take that, trading is risky because you use your money to make money, probably a big guessing game for the traders and only few can be successful.

Trading is definitely a risky business and we cannot depend  only on it for living as there is no guarantee that we will be making profits every time, if trade doesn't go in our favor then it will result in big loss.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:20:50 AM

Trading is definitely a risky business and we cannot depend  only on it for living as there is no guarantee that we will be making profits every time, if trade doesn't go in our favor then it will result in big loss.
correct mate that's why we need to make hard research about the coin movement in order for us to benefits but it is reliable if we can possibly read the charts it is skills that we need to rely from trading.
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:29:48 AM

correct mate that's why we need to make hard research about the coin movement in order for us to benefits but it is reliable if we can possibly read the charts it is skills that we need to rely from trading.
No need to overthink because only bitcoin so far is a very food coin to invest, it dominates the cryto world and people are trusting it, so if you are a long term investor or short term bitcoin is always the answer and you do not need to quit your job when you invest.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 11:35:22 AM

No need to overthink because only bitcoin so far is a very food coin to invest, it dominates the cryto world and people are trusting it, so if you are a long term investor or short term bitcoin is always the answer and you do not need to quit your job when you invest.
yeah in the investment is not a lot of our time so i agree that we do not need to be out from job only for focus to investment.

betlord90

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 11:37:27 AM

I will not leave my job just for bitcoin is more important still to me the job than to bitcoin . And I can also insert in my free time the bitcoin so it is better still to do. I will work at the same time i do bitcoin for me anyhow I still have extra income besides my salary in my job . Because the work is life-long income but in bitcoin no one can tell you if it lasts or not .
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:15:54 PM

yeah in the investment is not a lot of our time so i agree that we do not need to be out from job only for focus to investment.

If you are smart you will never quit your job for the sake of bitcoins, in fact you will prefer to earn from both of them to increase your income as depending only bitcoin can be very risky.
adi33

Activity: 630

RealistaToken.com

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:37:20 PM

I make bitcoin as a side job. but what I feel is not working but a hobby. ranging from how to get to understand. I am very happy to know bitcoin. but also can also be used bitcoin fortunately main job Cheesy

███████████████████▀▀██████████████████
████████████████▀▀    ▀▀███████████████
████████████▀▀            ▀▀███████████
████████▀▀                    ▀▀███████
████▀▀           ▄▄██▄            ▀▀███
██           ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄█▄▄           █
████     ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄████▀▀          ▄██
█████  ████▀  ▄▄████▀▀          ▄▄█████
█████  ███  ▄███▀▀          ▄▄█████████
█████  ███  ███         ▄▄████▀▀  █████
█████  ███  ███     ▄▄███████     █████
█████  ███  ███    ██████████     █████
█████  ███  ███ █▄▄  ▀▀██████     █████
█████  ███  ███ ▀▀███▄▄  ▀▀██     █████
█████  ███  ████▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄       █████
█████  ▀██  ████████▄▄  ▀▀███     █████
█████▄▄  ▀  ████████████▄▄  ▀     █████
█████████▄▄ ████████████████▄▄    █████
███████████████████████████████████████
REALISTA
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:49:54 PM

I was actually living upon Bitcoins since 2 years until I heard a sad news from our campaign manager that it is going to end up...
Though, was making good amount of sales, dealing in bitcoins for some stuff here, so got enough in spare in order to survive for some time...

It is sad to here you are losing a source of income. But if one closes, I am sure another opportunity for you to earn will open. Closing company or losing jobs also happen in fiat. It cannot be avoided sometimes. I hope you find a new bitcoin job soon.
shintosai

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 02:30:11 PM

I was actually living upon Bitcoins since 2 years until I heard a sad news from our campaign manager that it is going to end up...
Though, was making good amount of sales, dealing in bitcoins for some stuff here, so got enough in spare in order to survive for some time...

It is sad to here you are losing a source of income. But if one closes, I am sure another opportunity for you to earn will open. Closing company or losing jobs also happen in fiat. It cannot be avoided sometimes. I hope you find a new bitcoin job soon.
that's right and thats our problem too if our campaign would stop paying us we wont be assured with our expected salary and we need to look for another ways to earn so it is a risk for us to lean for btc and quit to our main job, but in due time when we learn more about trading and other stuff of earning maybe its possible to do.

terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 02:32:41 PM

that's right and thats our problem too if our campaign would stop paying us we wont be assured with our expected salary and we need to look for another ways to earn so it is a risk for us to lean for btc and quit to our main job, but in due time when we learn more about trading and other stuff of earning maybe its possible to do.

Yes if we can manage to have multiple sources to earn bitcoins then it can help us in future as depend only on signature campaign is really risky as we never know how long it will survive.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:07:27 PM

One of the nicest thing about Bitcoin is the ability to use Bitcoin any time you want. That is why i do not need to quit my day job just to full time on Bitcoin. I just do my Bitcoin thing every time i have break and my day job shift is over. I can even do Bitcoin during on my way home while in a cab.

Yeah, non serious bitcoin gigs can be done during rides going to our home or into office. While those involved in programming, development and businesses should make a decision whether to focus on bitcoin or day job. Those jobs require serious amount of time.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:46:36 PM

One of the nicest thing about Bitcoin is the ability to use Bitcoin any time you want. That is why i do not need to quit my day job just to full time on Bitcoin. I just do my Bitcoin thing every time i have break and my day job shift is over. I can even do Bitcoin during on my way home while in a cab.

Yeah, non serious bitcoin gigs can be done during rides going to our home or into office. While those involved in programming, development and businesses should make a decision whether to focus on bitcoin or day job. Those jobs require serious amount of time.

If programming is your hobby then i don't think you have to resign from your job.  No matter how serious the matter is, it all depends in time management.  I have known one developer here that is both working in his day job and be able to develop a coin with different spec.  And when you are full focus on the job, even if it is bitcoin related, isn't it your new day job?
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:06:59 PM

Don't you think we are putting ourselves in trouble by getting full time into bitcoins? I can't ever imagine my life without my full time job as it offers me and my family financial security which is never possible with bitcoins.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:24:46 PM

I think that for a lot of people going full time into bitcoin is simply not possible besides those that are making a killing with bitcoin like exchanges, casinos and the like the average user of bitcoin is not making much, so I don’t think that is a realistic thing to do in the current environment.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:37:03 PM

I think that for a lot of people going full time into bitcoin is simply not possible besides those that are making a killing with bitcoin like exchanges, casinos and the like the average user of bitcoin is not making much, so I don’t think that is a realistic thing to do in the current environment.

People who have good stable job with high salary will never prefer to quit their job and get full time in bitcoin as they will never get stable income with bitcoins.
hakanbalta577

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 05:45:30 PM

People who have good stable job with high salary will never prefer to quit their job and get full time in bitcoin as they will never get stable income with bitcoins.
Yes no intelligent person is gonna do it,for me bitcoin earnings are extra income for me,its the bonus and helps me alot but not earning a penny in fiat and earning only in bitcoin,then life is gonna be difficult for me and so i am not gonna do it,I love bitcoin no doubt but i love cash money more to be honest.
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: