Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:29:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:14:03 PM

On what would the value of bitcoin be based? Like the euro it is a baseless currency with a value dependent on demand.

everything depend on demand, i don't know what you're traying to say with this, but if the dollar ever collapse and bitcoin replace it the value would be astronomically high, this want happen soon this is guaranteed
but the possibility is there, it's in the hands of the people not governments, if anybody will use bitcoin, bitcoin price will explode otherwise otherwise it will only be used as an alternative

Bitcoin was invented to serve as an alternative, not perceived as a currency which wanted to defeat all other currencies and grab the market like its world domination. Bitcoin can only be an alternative, not a replacement. I don't really believe there is any use of talking about how dollar will collapse, people think bitcoin will replace it. No chance of that happening. best scenario would be that fiat and crypto co-exist and are used equally.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:32:01 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
Oh really? You probably know that own strong currency is country greatest asset. US will never ever switch to currency they can't fully control.
Furthermore it is known that majority of bitcoin farm and assets are in chinese hands, US government will never let other countries to have easy way to manipulate US economy.
Realistic scenario would be rather creating their own US COIN as Reserve Bank and IBM are already working on it.
CryptoRev

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:06:46 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
Oh really? You probably know that own strong currency is country greatest asset. US will never ever switch to currency they can't fully control.
Furthermore it is known that majority of bitcoin farm and assets are in chinese hands, US government will never let other countries to have easy way to manipulate US economy.
Realistic scenario would be rather creating their own US COIN as Reserve Bank and IBM are already working on it.

Do you have any link or something where i can read about what IBM and Reserve Bank are working on. Thanks.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:16:22 PM

On what would the value of bitcoin be based? Like the euro it is a baseless currency with a value dependent on demand.

everything depend on demand, i don't know what you're traying to say with this, but if the dollar ever collapse and bitcoin replace it the value would be astronomically high, this want happen soon this is guaranteed
but the possibility is there, it's in the hands of the people not governments, if anybody will use bitcoin, bitcoin price will explode otherwise otherwise it will only be used as an alternative

Yeah, looking at the present scenario it is difficult to judge that bitcoin can ever replace any major currency, as the users of bitcoins are comparatively low as compared to USD or any other currency and the reason is the adoption level of bitcoins.

If adoption level goes high, then there are chances that it can replace USD, or else it might just be used as a secondary currency.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:37:50 AM

Yeah, looking at the present scenario it is difficult to judge that bitcoin can ever replace any major currency, as the users of bitcoins are comparatively low as compared to USD or any other currency and the reason is the adoption level of bitcoins.

If adoption level goes high, then there are chances that it can replace USD, or else it might just be used as a secondary currency.

Bitcoin was always believed to be an alternative currency and not a replacement to fiat, so all the people who think that bitcoin will replace other currencies, are probably wrong. The only way btc can truly function is when it works along with fiat and there is equal use of both the currencies where adoption is not an issue, but security and speed matters. That will be the real btc vs fiat and we already know who will dominate Wink
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:42:36 AM

Bitcoin will never replace the dollar. The dollar is too cemented into culture. Bitcoin will surely be accepted more as payment when it stabilizes, but the dollar and other physical currencies have made too much of an impact to be replaced. It's a far stretch to say that any physical currency could be replaced by a cryptocurrency.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:33:21 AM

Bitcoin will never replace the dollar. The dollar is too cemented into culture. Bitcoin will surely be accepted more as payment when it stabilizes, but the dollar and other physical currencies have made too much of an impact to be replaced. It's a far stretch to say that any physical currency could be replaced by a cryptocurrency.

the price is not really a problem for merchants willing to accept bitcoin as form of payment. they can choose to get the bitcoin sales instantly converted to fiat. price is not an issue.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:37:31 AM

I only think it may replace the USD if the USD really goes pear shaped and the Chinese sell all the U.S bonds but because there are already too many whales in bitcoin I think Govts will resort to creating their own national digital currency in order to have some control..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
bitcollins85

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:35:22 PM

The USD has become the defacto global currency, for better or worse.. So this scenario assumes btc replaces the most widely used dominant currency on the globe, and btc becomes the world reserve currency like the USD is today. I'd say that's pretty much a total win for btc.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:30:07 AM

The answer:

All small fiats go down -> all large fiats except dollar goes down -> dollar goes down -> a new world fiat system is attempted, which goes down -> gold and bitcoin and possibly some other private money perceveres. Prosperity restored, heaven next.

It is easy when you have a crystall ball that works.
Insertion

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:46:53 AM

Correct, bitcoin will never and ever replace dollar. Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency. Decentralized means it was not created by any government. Digital means it exists only online. As a currency, it can be used as a alternative online currency to buy goods and services. No government’s central bank sets the value of a bitcoin. If people believe a single bitcoin is worth 5 US dollars then bitcoin price will be $5. If people believe it is worth $500, then it is worth $500. So bitcoin and dollars are two completely different system never ever one will replace other.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:00:53 AM

Correct, bitcoin will never and ever replace dollar. Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency. Decentralized means it was not created by any government. Digital means it exists only online. As a currency, it can be used as a alternative online currency to buy goods and services. No government’s central bank sets the value of a bitcoin. If people believe a single bitcoin is worth 5 US dollars then bitcoin price will be $5. If people believe it is worth $500, then it is worth $500. So bitcoin and dollars are two completely different system never ever one will replace other.

This is 100% correct. Bitcoin will not replace dollar. This is a just a alternative currency for online buying and selling.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:40:37 AM

i will answer never and ever not today not for next month or not in the next year bitcoin will never replace dollar and i guess CEO of coinbase only just speculate about it
tyrexs

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:11:28 PM

i have read some thread in forum and see some people trust bitcoin will replace fiat money but i dont think bitcoin can replace fiat money.

kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:22:45 PM

I think in the coming years to grow a lot but still take up to eliminate the dollar.... but I think that this is the digital evolution and growing very fast ...

Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:30:26 PM

Nah, even 15, 20,30 years it wont replace dollars. Maybe a lot or whole country will use btc after that years but replacing dollars. I dont believe it. Btc is just a money in internet and it will stay in internet. Having a 1satoshi bill thats kinda funny
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 01:16:20 AM

I seriously doubt that Bitcoin would replace the dollar soon.
I do think the technology behind Bitcoin and the blockchain will be used by banks and other companies, but it will not replace the dollar.

Ayoko

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:23:46 AM

Maybe possible that Bitcoin will be replaced fiat in a matter of years and discovery of the people  to this virtual currency.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:37:00 AM

Nope, 15 years jut likely too early. Maybe bitcoin will replaced within 100 years?
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:16:58 AM

Nope, 15 years jut likely too early. Maybe bitcoin will replaced within 100 years?

I don't see what all this fuss is about replacing fiat currency. As long as there are governments, there will be an entrenched place for fiat currency. Governments may default, currencies may collapse -- but that doesn't mean they are going away. Have they in the past? No....

Bitcoin will hopefully have a place in the future like gold. A decentralized store of value. Traded against fiat currencies and (hopefully) rising against them over time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: