Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:36:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why not just print dollars?  (Read 29989 times)
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:22:20 PM

I don't think we need to worry about print what they do now is to create a digital fiat in their system, I believe most countries secretly do this but it is not know to the pubic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
praboso96

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 07:04:27 PM

I don't think we need to worry about print what they do now is to create a digital fiat in their system, I believe most countries secretly do this but it is not know to the pubic.

I do not think that many countries secretly printing money. After all, it is primarily hurting their economies. They can not do what lowers economic growth
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 07:52:26 PM

I do not think that many countries secretly printing money. After all, it is primarily hurting their economies. They can not do what lowers economic growth

In reality there is no need to secretly printing money. Why? Because money, called fiat, is not linked in physical reserves like as silver and gold. Last time USD was linked with gold (a.k.a gold standard) was until Aug 1971 when USA broke up Bretton Woods agreement, Nixon shock, and ceased to convert the dollar value to gold. There after, when we listen or read that Fed "prints money" actually means that adding credit to its member banks' deposits https://www.thebalance.com/is-the-federal-reserve-printing-money-3305842
simpler2016

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 09:25:10 PM

In reality there is no need to secretly printing money. Why? Because money, called fiat, is not linked in physical reserves like as silver and gold. Last time USD was linked with gold (a.k.a gold standard) was until Aug 1971 when USA broke up Bretton Woods agreement, Nixon shock, and ceased to convert the dollar value to gold. There after, when we listen or read that Fed "prints money" actually means that adding credit to its member banks' deposits https://www.thebalance.com/is-the-federal-reserve-printing-money-3305842

Yes, it is a fact, I've heard about it for a long time. But I do not agree with such actions of the government. The currency of each country must be supported by something, and provided material means.
ZrCoin

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 12:04:49 AM

It's impossible to just print money. Printing too much paper drives a country into inflation. Inflation can ruin the country and destroy its economy.

Bitcoin can't be printed when more is needed.

But bitcoin has no real value, but nevertheless there is market.

There is no tangible thing that supports the value of bitcoin, that can prove there is value to it.

There's no Gold, no Silver, no other tangible item that exists in the world...just the promise that only so much bitcoin can every be mined and that the validity of transactions and balances are verified by the community that uses it.

But may be we ll have any crypto coins in future which would be proofed by something else. Probably existing of such coin would have good future!

⬢▬⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ZrCoin   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢▬⬢
█ WORLD'S  FIRST  COMMODITY-BACKED  BLOCKCHAIN  OPTION █
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:32:19 AM

Bitcoin can't be printed when more is needed.
Because bitcoin is mined. If more is needed, then you mine it.

But bitcoin has no real value, but nevertheless there is market.
Just like fiat money. It's basically just paper. Nevertheless, it has a market and people give it value.

There is no tangible thing that supports the value of bitcoin, that can prove there is value to it.
And so is fiat money. It's not backed by gold anymore. You legit can't prove that there's value to it to. Yet, here we are.

There's no Gold, no Silver, no other tangible item that exists in the world...just the promise that only so much bitcoin can every be mined and that the validity of transactions and balances are verified by the community that uses it.
Same goes for fiat. The only real value of fiat is that if you give it to someone in exchange of an item, he wouldn't claim that you "stole" the item but you "bought" it. But basically you just handed a valueless paper.

But may be we ll have any crypto coins in future which would be proofed by something else. Probably existing of such coin would have good future!
I guess? A cryptocurrency that is backed by something real and can be exchanged right away. There's not one up to now, why do you think so? I think it's because it's hard to implement.

lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 05:41:46 AM

You are talking nonsense things. The government can not always print the money because they scare about the inflation. If the percentage of inflation is too high, the nation's ecosystem will collapse. And I do not believe that there are many country which are developing the digital Fiat system since the government do not like digital currency
MioTaiHeo

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:39:20 PM

The technology of money production always works to outstrip the work of a counterfeiter.
In order to reproduce modern money you need very complex and expensive equipment. Between the layers of paper you need to thread a metal thread. Printing is carried out on presses of high pressure. Even if you have a sponsor who has enough money to buy such equipment, the manufacturer will most likely not sell it if you do not have a license to produce securities.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 05:05:51 PM

The technology of money production always works to outstrip the work of a counterfeiter
In order to reproduce modern money you need very complex and expensive equipment. Between the layers of paper you need to thread a metal thread. Printing is carried out on presses of high pressure. Even if you have a sponsor who has enough money to buy such equipment, the manufacturer will most likely not sell it if you do not have a license to produce securities

Unless this counterfeiter is the government themselves

There were numerous incidents in the past when one government had been counterfeiting the money of another government. Obviously, in the latter case you could well expect the quality of the counterfeit bills to be quite on par with the genuine bills. There were rumors circulating in the 90s that the CIA had been deliberately counterfeiting the US dollars to finance terrorists in the Caucasus during Chechen wars. Quite naturally, they didn't want these dollars back in the US and (allegedly) made a few changes in these dollars to distinguish them from the real ones 

Zisove28

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:06:30 PM

You are talking nonsense things. The government can not always print the money because they scare about the inflation. If the percentage of inflation is too high, the nation's ecosystem will collapse. And I do not believe that there are many country which are developing the digital Fiat system since the government do not like digital currency

You are right, I have heard only about two countries where they are trying to develop their national crypto currency. And I'm sure that the government does this only in order to reduce the interest of users in bitcoin.
PowerWalletDotCom

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:07:10 PM

If it were possible to print money so simply, the work would not make any sense and would bring less pleasure. would be chaos in the world began.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:13:22 PM

There were numerous incidents in the past when one government had been counterfeiting the money of another government.

There were many rumors about foreign governments counterfeiting US $100 bills in the late 2000s (supposedly China and some others)
which lead up to the re-design of the bill in 2009/ 2010.
Even if it costs $50 to print a high-quality fake, you are still essentially doubling your money.

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

"Printing money, excessively" is like young teen boys exaggerating the size of their dicks?

They might get away with it initially. Eventually, reality has a way of catching up?

Economic stats like unemployment and economic growth always remind me of kids exaggerating how big it is.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:46:20 PM

The technology of money production always works to outstrip the work of a counterfeiter
In order to reproduce modern money you need very complex and expensive equipment. Between the layers of paper you need to thread a metal thread. Printing is carried out on presses of high pressure. Even if you have a sponsor who has enough money to buy such equipment, the manufacturer will most likely not sell it if you do not have a license to produce securities

There were numerous incidents in the past when one government had been counterfeiting the money of another government. Obviously, in the latter case you could well expect the quality of the counterfeit bills to be quite on par with the genuine bills. There were rumors circulating in the 90s that the CIA had been deliberately counterfeiting the US dollars to finance terrorists in the Caucasus during Chechen wars. Quite naturally, they didn't want these dollars back in the US and (allegedly) made a few changes in these dollars to distinguish them from the real ones 
There were also cases of private individuals making counterfeited bills so good that you needed special equipment to know which ones were real. They used stolen paper, the same that was used to print the real bills and had machines able to microprint and stamp the bills, so that all the UV and watermarks were in place. The most well known is probably Frank Bourassa. http://www.gq.com/long-form/the-great-paper-caper

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:07:57 PM

That's right. Everybody knows that if to print money nonstop it will worth nothing in the sooner end. The world history have many examples of such strategy. I think that is that ponit which bitcoin could skip. It's limited by 21 milions and I am against of any rising, cause of it may distroy bitcoin as we know it now.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 05:17:26 PM

"Printing money, excessively" is like young teen boys exaggerating the size of their dicks?

They might get away with it initially. Eventually, reality has a way of catching up?

Economic stats like unemployment and economic growth always remind me of kids exaggerating how big it is.

A little bit of exaggeration hasn't yet hurt anyone

And this is the case with inflation too. The truth is the highest rates of unemployment are observed when inflation is very low or even negative. The latter would be deflation, and this case is most dangerous for the economy since producers are disincentivized and discouraged from producing and thus have to lay off people. On the other hand, there is an inverse dependence between inflation and unemployment rates, so government may start printing more money (up to a certain limit, of course) if they want to decrease the unemployment rates in the economy

darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:03:08 PM

Maybe that is just the way rules and regulations works. Ha ha. I'm real world it would be chaos to accept things like bitcoin as handy as chocolate from shopkeeper. You can have as much as you want and whenever you want by paying for it. It costs money for dollars to print and it cost zero money for bitcoins as it is virtual. The maintenance is almost nothing for its value today. Maybe bitcoin is not that easy I'm real world yet. Everybody will have their bank and if it happens then what to regulate and how to regulate the market. Huh

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
NavySeals

Activity: 371

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:16:44 PM

Oh my god, what a question. It's like why don't we print bitcoins...

If the governments or central banks of the countries starts to print dollars, they face an incredible inflation in prices of gods. This probably would trigger an economic crysis.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:24:03 PM

All the dollars that go to external borrowing have special labels. They never go to the cash circulation in America. As soon as they enter the banks they are removed and then give as loans again. This helps to avoid inflation in America and increase inflation outside the United States. Compare how much it costs e.g. Japanese car in America and how much is the same car in your country.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:59:22 PM

I will just state my observations in short: Printing too much paper drives a country into inflation. Inflation can ruin the country and destroy its economy. Bitcoin has no real value, but it can be perceived that bitcoin will always be equal to another bitcoin and not to 1200$/1million$, nobody can really determine its perfect value at a perfect time, because there is a difference between price and value.
You are actually right. Bitcoin is like paper money or fiat, its value always follow the principle of law of price and demand. Of the stability of stock will increased and people will print more money inflation will happened supposing the users and the stocks will unevenly not equal to each other. And total dump of price will happen because the price or the value of bitcoin will decreased due to greater stock than on the demand of the people who supports it. But if the stock will increased as the demand increased the value will sure increased for bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: