Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:22:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136746 times)
eddycurrent

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:53:19 AM

Hello all,

Has anyone applied to bittrex at all?

Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:15:13 AM

Hello all,

Regards

They asked for dev in their application
eddycurrent

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:38:14 AM

Hello all,

Regards

They asked for dev in their application

Thank you, I will not apply to them for the moment

Regards
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:53:56 PM

Would be there anyone who want to help us redesign website? At least we can do it. Exchange are now really gready, I understand that BTC is at height etc but going up with fee in BTC when value is raising is beyond me.
I don't know what gj and d5000 are doing, but nova closure is hurting this project a lot.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 01:12:31 PM

Not applied, no. The application criteria (as published in 2014 and subsequently edited) are nonsensical in parts:

• Coin Name
  • Enhanced Verified Account of team member on Bittrex - This team member must be either a core developer or a major shareholder (10% or more) of a company that backs the development of the coin.  That member will need to submit identifying documents to get their account enhanced verified.
  • Description of your coin -  Why does it exist and what makes it unique?  What new technology or business concept are you bringing to the blockchain? If your ANN thread only has coin specs on it, you are not going to get listed on Bittrex.
  • Coin trading symbol - The ticker needs to be 3-5 letters and cannot contain any symbols or numbers.  Please verify that your preferred symbol is not already in use on our exchange or any other.  There are a number of services that track coin prices that require the symbols to be unique. Even if the symbol is not on our exchange anymore, we won't reuse it.  Consider your symbol carefully because we will not change it once it is set.
  • A logo for your coin - png format with a transparent background.  The logo should be square with dimensions of 1000x1000 pixels with no white space on its border and no taglines.  It should only be a logo and expect it to show up in multiple spots in the Bittrex UI.
  • Launch Date (past or future)
  • Github Link - We only accept source code.  We will not run a binary that you provide us.
  • Did you raise money/bitcoin to launch your coin?  (i.e. a CFC/ICO)
  • Did you have a premine?  How much is it?  Is it escrowed?
  • What is the max money supply for your coin?
  • Exchanges you are currently on
  • Official blockchain explorer
  • What is your TxFee for a transaction
  • Any social media information such as your official website, twitter account, facebook page, subreddit, etc.

These are deep systemic fault lines that separate hierarchy and network.

Elsewhere, the information inviited for the promo API also clearly describe a hierarchical mindset -

You may have noticed new content appearing in the Market pages.  This information is for traders to research coins and for coin developers to reach new audiences.  If you are a coin developer and would like to submit some information, please fill out the JSON object below.

Each field below is optional.   If you have suggestions for other types of information that would be a great resource for traders to do research, please let us know.

{
    "description":"Put a description of your coin, up to 1000 characters long.  We will reject any content that misrepresents your coin",
    "blockexplorer":"http://yourblockchain",
    "website":"http://yourcoin.org/",
    "reddit" : "http://www.reddit.com/r/your_reddit",
    "twitter":"https://twitter.com/your_address",
    "facebook":"https://facebook.com/your_address",
    "forum":"https://yourforum.com",
    "slack": "https://yourslack.slack.com",
    "video": [
       {
          title: "your coin vid",
          caption: "your video is cool",
          url: "https://youtube.com/yourcoinvid"
        },
    ],
    "team": [
       {
          name: "cool dev",
          role: "developer",
          twitter: "twitter.com/coindev",
          email: "[email protected]"
      },
   ]
}

Only one website, only one subreddit, only one twitter, only one facebook a/c, only one forum, only one slack, only one video, only one team. Only one view, of only one a/c holder at a time, more systemic fault lines.

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 01:22:21 PM

nova closure is hurting this project a lot.

Can you support the “hurting ... a lot” assertion, i.e. describe to what effect and how this effect is measurable?.

Cheers

Graham
muf18

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:30:59 PM

I mean network hashrate is slashed by half, and there are less nodes, thus I think network isn't so secure as it was when nova wasnt closing down. I mean now network is 1.4-2.2mh/s, and 2 months ago it was like 3-5mh/s.
Network strength is important aspect of cryptocurrency, imo.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:02:20 PM

I mean network hashrate is slashed by half, and there are less nodes, thus I think network isn't so secure as it was when nova wasnt closing down. I mean now network is 1.4-2.2mh/s, and 2 months ago it was like 3-5mh/s.
Network strength is important aspect of cryptocurrency, imo.

The network hashrate reflects mostly the price on the market, i.e. is it worth to mine a block, do I get my power cost at least returned.
Now that there will be no price to rely on for calculations only enthusiasts are left mining/staking/burning. It is now easier to launch a 51% attack on the chain but you can't sell what you get or elsewise said, the reward for such a stunt is lower. Also if you can afford the coins and hashrate that would be needed for 51% attack now, you are likely to be able to do that also if the hash rate is double as high.

Though keep in mind, it is not about PoW hash only, PoB and PoS further secure this chain against a 51% attack, so I would say the temporary decline on hash rate doesn't mean the chain is less secure - I'd rather look at it as a situation where newcomers can again mine a block or two to start staking and burning.

Bittrex has become a nonsense gong show anyway, wouldn't waste my time with them anymore. They have gone so much TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Users Problems) lately that I wouldn't use them any more in the near future. Slimcoin should be IMHO on a small and fine exchange like Nova it was (it is not clear yet if the new owner take over platform and users) or decentralized exchanges which would suit the spirit of crypto currencies much better anyway.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 02:46:11 PM

gjhiggins, I saw you were helping gapcoin and I just went to research the old datacoin that was one of the coolest old coins that might have been dead and saw a repository that I guess is yours. 

My perspective is oblique to say the least. I have a notion to use the OP_RETURN data to carry a URI reference to the signature hash of an RDF subgraph containing metadata and content (hosted on an external, collectively-maintained RDF graph, i.e. a public resource, publicly curated). The signed RDF subgraph can represent anything that RDF is capable of formally modelling. The signature hash of the subgraph is inscribed on the blockchain, keeping everything honest. HD sub-addresses can be used to publish and reliably identify pseudonyms of posters (communicated by side-channel, another role for the communally-hosted RDF service), e.g. publish a FOAF file to the graph, publish the hash signature to the blockchain, an app could retrieve and display the published FOAF data of the addressowner-as-publisher (still optionally pseudonymous), along with the (hash signatures of RDF subgraphs) of other OP_RETURN txs  associated with that address, ultimately resolving to, e.g. metadata for a series of blog posts - title, date, author's pseudonym, thumbnail, summary etc. etc.

I had an initial pass (following the web2web example) using a torrenthash inscribed on the Slimcoin blockchain but ran into practical difficulties getting the torrent content hosted anywhere other than a m/c under my control. And I discovered that torrenthash metadata is confined to file chunk size and hash, there's no user-oriented metadata at all. Hence the RDF graph - for metadata.

(Pilot standalone blog post / torrent content: A different perspective on cryptocurrency, published as an HTTPS resource pro tem - in due course the tabs will be populated by metadata retrieved from OP_RETURN data pointers to RDF subgraphs)

I'm in the throes of building out the service into an easily-deployable hosted web app - to which I've given the label, ACME (A Cryptocurrency Metadata Explorer).

ACME could well work for Datacoin - whilst the DTC blockchain can store binary content, unfortunately - like torrenthash - there's no metadata to inform users of the contents of a blockchain-stored blob. So, it looks like Datacoin could well be languishing for want of metadata that reliably and accurately describes the content of what's stored (and therefore what risks attend the content).

As for Gapcoin, well BTCFX browbeat me into it - I reckon he's prolly a headmaster IRL Smiley No, seriously the prime gap work is interesting and as a 0.9 Core clone, it handles OP_RETURN tx as standard, so could pretty much immediately benefit from an ACME metadata publishing service - which could easily be adapted to publishing more detail about the approach, the overall effort and its current state.

If you like, I'm looking to the future, to when people start casting around for an alternative to having to store their published social network content on FB et al. and trying to work out a reliable and useful alternative approach to (what are fast becoming user-hostile) corporate-provided solutions.

Cheers

Graham

muf18

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:38:12 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 06:22:42 AM by muf18

Now hands up, who sold bag of SLM  Grin.
260K in last hour...
Nice, really nice, someone who bought it, is really smart imo Wink.
Top 2, 6, 7 and 9 addresses are active right now. I didnt see such activity in same time.
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:01:25 PM

Maybe someone wants to try to put SLM for voting on Mercatox? I already did it. It would be nice if more people submit
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6216

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:11:39 PM

I don't know what [...] d5000 are doing
I'm still "fighting" with Jena/Fuseki to set up an own basic block explorer based on ACME (it's a completely new software for me, and I have to work also, so please be patient), but I'm slowly making progress. Once finished, the basic "web2web" approach should work, I've already ported the original web2web "web app" to SPARQL/Slimcoin.

(And no, I'm not the 280K seller you spotted - for this price, I would rather buy, but Bitcoin as a base currency is "a bit" expensive just now Wink . I guess it's a miner panicking that he cannot sell his coins anymore after the Novaexchange closure.)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 03:28:37 PM

Maybe someone wants to try to put SLM for voting on Mercatox? I already did it. It would be nice if more people submit

Not an exchange I would consider using. A citizen of Costa Rica as sole named director of a London-yes-that-sink-of-depravity-registered pro-forma company with £1000 capital, run out of an accommodation address.

Director: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10463744/officers, other directorships: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/vs7q6V9iee0eE4dlrcw3mSXc6DA/appointments

Application support: LM Capital SA, sole director, also Costa Rican, https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/Ze9EDACFAIE_SIEdjfrWpTlICcw/appointments

I mean, really. The warning signals are plain to see.

Given the above, T&Cs are meaningless, as are any of their data protection/privacy statements.

Paid listing is $5000 - $50,000, at their arbitrary discretion. Voting procedure is detailed, votes can be bought but selection criteria are just waved away: “we are reviewing the coins that have received more votes than others” “We consider the first coins from the voting list twice a month” - well, isn't that so splendidly generous of them.

Cheers

Graham
muf18

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:00:38 PM

I don't know, what nova is going to change in april 2018, but I hope, they will relist, all the coins they had, or delist only scam/ponzi projects like bitconnect.

If it's going to be a refresh and much faster/better, it would be a good change. API was slow for a few months, and their servers struggled.

Yeah if we want to be on 'some' exchange it could be as well yobit, but it's shady, as hell exchange. But their fee is low (0.1BTC, at least for 'standards'), now.

Hmm, that's interesting.
This address has more coins, than the one, where are them burned.
https://bchain.info/SLM/addr/Sbseqvg32W2sEio2H47NSHAFE6thi7uk9U
2.7 mln, can it be nova's? Just curious to see this, not insisting anything. Or someone, who picked up all those coins for these several months, and consolidated it...
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 10:47:50 PM

Antifragility and the Lindy effect:  ... https://cryptofundamental.com/in-pursuit-of-lindycoin-212bacafc395?gi=31802cf4c343

The Lindy effect is introduced and discussed in Taleb’s book Antifragile. Put into heuristic form, the Lindy effect states that, for a nonperishable asset, life expectancy is proportional to age. This means that the older something gets, the more likely it will continue to stick around. This naturally only refers to assets that do not depreciate with age. The Lindy effect does not apply to potatoes.

It does, however, apply to things like ideas, political ideologies, technologies, and systems. Since cryptoassets are all of those, they seem very suitable candidates for the Lindy effect. Additionally, the market is competitive, and cryptoassets have very short lifespans (on average), so age tells us quite a lot about the asset.

[...]
The Lindy effect holds here because the cryptoasset market exhibits continuous extinction pressure on assets and protocols. The mere fact that a protocol or cryptocurrency has survived a meaningful amount of time in a competitive environment is an indication of value. Fragile systems are destroyed with age. Antifragile systems gain from the disorder that accompanies longevity.

[...]

Many abandoned cryptoasset projects continue to trade despite no active development. These zombified projects are often indistinguishable from active ones, especially if one’s research does not extend beyond CoinMarketCap. This is why a Lindy analysis of a coin should include reference to forum activity, lively and productive development teams, and trading data.

Cheers

Graham
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:38:18 AM

@gjhiggins: Nice find! Maybe a good text to be included (or at least mentioned) on the Slimcoin web page, next to the "long-term-oriented" advantage.

@muf18: I'm pretty sure that this address is NovaExchange. They seem also to do a lot of Proof of stake minting, if I'm not wrong - they collect much dust, but seem to find many blocks. And they also seem to send some strange transactions that move an UTXO with a large amount to two inputs with approximately half each one.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ylpkm2

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:31:06 PM

whoa am I seeing that difficulty drop right? looks like a warehouse was taken offline.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:57:26 PM

whoa am I seeing that difficulty drop right? looks like a warehouse was taken offline.
Maybe it's a reaction to the "news" that NovaExchange has now closed deposits for all coins (there will be one more scan on December 15, but then it's over). So miners cannot sell their Slimcoins easily anymore. I urge the miners to use our Marketplace thread - there were only buy offers afaik.

Meanwhile, I now finally have set up my Fuseki instance and the blockchain is syncing with gjhiggins' blocknotify catchup script. This instance is now for testing on my local machine, but if everything goes well, in a few days or at most some weeks (very likely before Christmas) I expect to be able to provide a publicly accessible Fuseki instance with the Slimcoin blockchain in RDF. This will enable decentralized web2web websites to be displayed via a simple JavaScript web app and no additional software, using Slimcoin's blockchain as the "version manager".

That is the first item on my personal roadmap and I would like to complete it before the next two steps I plan, that are:

- add Slimcoin to a decentralized exchange (I have Bisq in mind but maybe there's something better, as Bisq fees are pretty high)
- embellish the slimco.in website with Semantic UI CSS (if there's nobody else that can do that).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:32:41 PM

I thought, that because of trading dead, our project will cease into existence in time :/.
But I hope it won't, I don't know were we can get on other exchange/s, but it will surely come up in time.

Kijari, gave me proposition to do this:

I would say lets start out with simple jQuery, and Bulma with SASS

https://bulma.io

What do you think about it ? It will be compatible with Jykell, I think.

Dragosroua gave me good advice about:

In my opinion, the coin must have some real use, either for more visible web publishing projects or for merchants. The competition for Slimcoin is not Bitcoin, but the hundreds of colored coins underneath Bitcoin. If we can find a way to create a real use for this coin, then exchanges will ask us to list Slimcoin.

With web2web, I think we can find this as a way, to be different from other crypto assets, and tokens.
From then on website, and information campaign (which I can lead to many groups, and twitter also with some others help), and we should be good to roll in to some exchanges.
In the mean time, you can mine, because it was quite easy now to mine blocks.
burliko

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:37:44 PM

Very interesting project here  - best of luck
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: