Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:13:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Smooth unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when he posts 100s of the same repeated scam accusations on his competitor's threads on a daily basis.
Yes - Because if his attacks succeed against his competitors, his own coin/investment will benefit, he has a vested interest - 99 (54.1%)
No - there is no conflict of interest when a coin dev repeatedly accuses his competitors of being scams on their threads. - 51 (27.9%)
None of the above - 33 (18%)
Total Voters: 183

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation  (Read 20920 times)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:25:39 AM

hilarity

Of course bigr.. How many times is that now? Atleast 3-4 times you've put me on ignore? LOL

bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:28:36 AM

Imagine all the love!!  Wink Cool

again....listen to the the calming tunes....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVg2EJvvlF8

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:29:31 AM

it's a free market

The free market includes the freedom to express ideas, including critical ones.

If everyone is so happy with everything about Dash, and continues to be happy about it, then you have nothing to worry about.

Trying to silence critics is not the way to go.

blobafett2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:30:43 AM

it's a free market

The free market includes the freedom to express ideas, including critical ones.

If everyone is so happy with everything about Dash, and continues to be happy about it, then you have nothing to worry about.

Trying to silence critics is not the way to go.

You're not a critic smooth, you're a dev who posts 1000s of posts attacking his competitors with an admitted conflict of interest - just to clarify for you.  BTW, please try to stay on topic.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:35:14 AM

You're not a critic smooth, you're a dev who posts 1000s of posts attacking his competitors with an admitted conflict of interest - just to clarify for you.  BTW, please try to stay on topic.

There is no topic, other than why you would create a bullshit topic, and the answer being that you are an unrepentant Dash troll conducting a smear campaign to try to intimidate critics of Dash into shutting up.

There is no evidence of any misconduct on my part, nor has there been any misconduct. No one other than butthurt called-out bullshitters and scammers has called for an investigation of me, nor has anyone offered a basis for one. It's typical forum trolling.

This by the way is the second hate thread Dashers have created for me. Did you do the other one too, or was that some other troll? I don't remember.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:41:32 AM

public service announcement

Dash (formerly xcoin and darkcoin) had a significant fastmine over the first 48 hours of its existence (~2 million coins). These facts should not be glossed over by those seeking a fairly launched coin, so until the dash media reflects these facts, this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts. For those seeking more information Monero Developer Smooth has created a thread with the pertinent facts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

^^is this fair? Any edits, Blocka?

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:42:18 AM

There is no topic, other than why you would create a bullshit topic, and the answer being that you are an unrepentant Dash troll conducting a smear campaign to try to intimidate critics of Dash into shutting up.

There is no evidence of any misconduct on my part, nor has there been any misconduct. No one other than butthurt called-out bullshitters and scammers has called for an investigation of me, nor has anyone offered a basis for one. It's typical forum trolling.

This by the way is the second hate thread Dashers have created for me. Did you do the other one too, or was that some other troll? I don't remember.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.  Personally I don't agree, seems like the BCT community doesn't either:

https://i.imgur.com/v2GQiLN.png

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:43:48 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 04:00:54 AM by AdamWhite

How to launch a shitcoin scam in just a few easy steps!

Step 1. Mislead as many people as possible about the launch time. Like so:

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

"Definitely not."  We all know he went on to launch it a couple of hours later. Bravo Evan, you're a class act. The pinnacle of integrity and professionalism.

Step 2. INSTAMINE!

Ignore the instamine for as long as possible. Deny it happened at all costs. Viciously attack anyone who posts irrefutable proof of the  massive instamine scam.

Note: Bonus points if you advertise "No premine" in your ANN title like Evan has done here (despite the massive 1.5 million instamine).
Did i mention the integrity and professionalism?

Step 3. "We only managed to instamine 1.5 million coins in 8 hours. Better lower the total supply from 80 million to 20 million. Oh, and cut the mining reward from 500 coins per block to 5 coins per block.. we're done instamining" -Evan Duffield

Why have 1.5 million out of 80 million when you can have 1.5 out of 20 million? Lower the total supply and cut the mining rewards drastically once you're done instamining. This is a no-brainer!

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:49:47 AM

Dash (formerly xcoin and darkcoin) had a significant fastmine over the first 48 hours of its existence (~2 million coins). These facts should not be glossed over by those seeking a fairly launched coin, so until the dash media reflects these facts, this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts. For those seeking more information Monero Developer Smooth has created a thread with the pertinent facts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

That disclaimer is whitewashing of what actually happened. To be fair the clickthrough has more, but some of the most important red flags are missing. To my mind the misleading statements about the launch time by the (then and current) developer with 1+ million coins mined between the stated launch time and the actual (earlier) launch time is possibly the most significant abuse that happened.

hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:52:24 AM

FYP

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.  Personally I don't agree, seems like the BCT Xcoin DRK DASH community doesn't either:
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:54:46 AM

I suppose this thread turning into a Smooth-FUDgang-gangbang should have been expected with pointing out his attack techniques and recent AEON play...for anyone interested in Smooth's activities, just read the first page, and vote what you think.

I don't actually mind off topic stuff, it's a free world, and anyhow I trust people are smart enough to read between the lines and also do their own research - if they're not, that's their decision.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 04:07:04 AM

That disclaimer is whitewashing of what actually happened. To be fair the clickthrough has more, but some of the most important red flags are missing. To my mind the misleading statements about the launch time by the (then and current) developer with 1+ million coins mined between the stated launch time and the actual (earlier) launch time is possibly the most significant abuse that happened.

The way Evan responded to the launch time left him some (cleverly worded) wriggle room and saying he outright claimed a later launch time would lead to the possibility of a strawman defense. I want it to be non-debatable and concise.

Blocka, any facts you'd argue with?

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:18:43 AM

Smooth, you may be more technically competent than I will ever be, but I have a lot to teach you about being a public personality.  

Lesson one: never respond to haters, and especially if they make a topic about you.   Wink  

No matter what they say.  You are the Kanye West of math and they are the peanut gallery trying to push your buttons.  

Just let the haters make you famous brother; fire only burns brighter when you put air into it.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:26:40 AM

Voted no - because none of these threads are, in fact, owned by the general topic starter, even Ann threads. So no, no conflict in public forum as this is a debate ground full of soap boxes, and these are not 'the coins'' threads.

I do consider the general act of constant, relentless debate more filibustering at times, but nonetheless, pretty safe to say that without scammers, there would likely be no smooth. At least not since early last year around mid April.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:40:21 AM

For those actually interested in the thread topic, just some speculation but there is this mysterious Boolberry account created 2 weeks ago that has now become quite prominent in the BBR community and weirdly is already a fan of 2 of his competitors, XMR and AEON...

Congratulations!

...You can thank me for sharing this good news by following my Twitter account. I am not the enemy. I like XMR and AEON in addition to BBR. ...

the account is also raising donations like how Smooth raised 2.5% of AEON, and actually referencing that to try to push BBR donations:

There was no massive premine or fastmine of BBR

I agree. To be more precise there was no premine or fastmine at all.

The per-block developer payment is a bit like a premine though, especially how it is structured (negative votes just defer payment, they don't actually reduce the total amount given to the developer, which is fixed at 1% of the total).

Still that is not at all massive by the standards of other coins with a developer coin grab.

You are correct. No fastmine or premine. Developer payment was disclosed since the beginning. If Boolberry was just a simple clone, nobody would want to mine it and reward the developer. Luckily many people do recognize the innovation at boolberry and find the developer payment very reasonable

I should note that community development donations for many coins including AEON which you are working on far exceed 1%.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.msg11986798#msg11986798

AEON info from your quote:
"Donation fund:

balance: 414176.048419687951, unlocked balance: 414165.931766313195
Previously spent: 19000 (bounties)"

414,176/18,4000,000 = 2.25 %

Your current donations as a percentage of all coins that will ever be mined (excluding your current tail emission proposal) far exceeds that of Boolberry

Most developers will not work for free so funding is important.  As long as everything is transparent (as it is with both Boolberry and Aeon) I see no problems

The new Boolberry account also likes to go to the larger competitor threads and explain how they are scams too:

It will be hard for BCN to pass the Bittrex review to gain a listing. After all the scams over the past few years there are more cautious now, particularly in cases with allegations of faked blockchains and huge premines.  Luckily there are already several high quality CryptoNote coins already traded on Bittrex without all the drama

This new account seems to already have respect for the Monero dev team.

...Please respect the Monero development team. They have done many interesting things already...

And is already a regular on the Monero Speculation thread:

I saw that too. It also looked real at first glance until you noticed 0 confirmations and other details..

Quite strange, i wonder who this new boolberry account is and why he came out just now? XMR, AEON, and now BBR, who technically are competitors, seem to becoming friends all around the same time, I wonder if there some connection?  

Smooth happened to state explicitly on the BBR thread that he won't have involvement, so I guess that proves it can't be him.  We have to keep speculating...

Smooth seems like the logical choice because he is familiar with the CryptoNote codebase and has a proven willingness to look at other CryptoNote coins besides Monero.

The big question mark are his time availability and how much we can offer in terms of compensation

I have my hands full right now so I don't think I could do a good job on another coin at this point...

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 04:46:38 AM

Wow, smooth look at this! 

You earned your own dedicated troll account designed specifically to attack you. 

In case you are actually an impressionable drive-by lurker and are reading this topic, I urge you to realize the OP is a shill for Dash or Bytecoin, is butthurt figuratively and literally at Monero's open and honest development and is resorting to whining about his hurt feelings when one of the Monero developers calls out his favorite scams on being scams. 

P.S. Can I get my own dedicated troll-attack account next?  I'm a huge narcissist so I'd love to read someone talking shit about me.

Sorry AP, you'll have to put in the requisite time on the DashHole thread to earn the privilege of a personalized dedicated troll account just for you.  The forum's Tor Tax being what it is, only the those of us inflicting maximum butt burn on the cargo cult are granted such a customized attack-the-attacker response.

Mine hasn't started any Two Minute Hate threads (the lazy git), but at least I enjoy free sig space thanks to RoadStress.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:49:13 AM

^ Icebreaker, everybody.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 04:53:20 AM

OMG! A boolberry supporter also supports Aeon and Monero! What are the odds that fairly launched coins with similar qualities would have communities that respect each other?

GMaxwell and Peter Todd are respectful of Monero, therefore they cannot not be Smooth, right? Isn't this how your logic for dummies works Block--oh, sorry you did a name change like xcoin/dark/dash. I'll try to remember your current name.

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:00:09 AM

OMG! A boolberry supporter also supports Aeon and Monero! What are the odds that fairly launched coins with similar qualities would have communities that respect each other?

GMaxwell and Peter Todd are respectful of Monero, therefore they cannot not be Smooth, right? Isn't this how your logic for dummies works Block--oh, sorry you did a name change like xcoin/dark/dash. I'll try to remember your current name.

uh huh...
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:39:20 AM

Smooth happened to state explicitly on the BBR thread that he won't have involvement, so I guess that proves it can't be him.  We have to keep speculating...

You can speculate all you want, but I have no other accounts (except 'aeon', basically unused), and never have.

I do not know who is behind the boolberry account.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: