Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:22:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum  (Read 6256 times)
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:26:21 AM

Ethereum is the best coin instead of ripple many many people are getting towards ehtereum because of its unique features. Also the ERC20 token of ethereum is really awesome and new companies use it for there ICOs.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:28:43 AM

You compare what can not be compared, these are completely different fields of application, these are completely different goals, a completely different ideology and goals. And it is clear that in each side there are good sides and bad, but they are not the same.

I do agree bro, both are coins but only differ from there status. Ripple as far as i know is not a cryptocurrency. While on the other hand Eth is definitely real cryptocurrency and it is already proven.
Both of them I think same as a cryptocurrency the difference between them are ETH is a decentralized cryptocurrency ( more act like a gass for a token) & ripple is centralized ( act for a payment) IMO. Yes we cant compare them, but since it is same function as a alternative currencies,  why not?
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:29:51 AM

How do you even compare this two? over 80% of cryptos run of Ethereum blockchain. that alone is enough to show you how adoptable Ethereum framework is compared to the so called Ripple

Both Ripple and Ethereum are completely different worlds. It's comparing apples vs oranges. For once, Ripple is just a centralized payments system that has been designed to lower costs for banks. On the other hand, Ethereum provides smart contracts technology which allows immutable applications to run within the blockchain without the need of a third party or intermediary.

While the coins mentioned earlier are different one from another, one of the advantages that Ripple has over Ethereum is its inexpensive fees. Also, transaction processing speed is fast when compared against Ethereum. This brings flexibility for anyone looking to send cheap payments from anywhere in the world in just seconds. Still, Ethereum is good for smart contracts but it is facing scalability issues. Hopefully, with the Casper PoS upgrade, Ethereum would become more robust than ever, with lower fees and higher transaction speeds.

Nevertheless, Ethereum has managed to remain as the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap. Last year, Ripple has managed to surpass Ethereum in terms of market cap, but eventually it fell back to its original levels. Only time will tell what lies ahead with the future of these cryptocurrencies. Just my thoughts Grin
Agreed, it is not at all a feasible thing to compare two things which are entirely different from one another and that too in so many ways. There is hardly any resemblance in between then and that ETH is somewhat more favorable coin too in term of investing of your money as it can help you in having greater profit because of greater market cap as compared to that of ripple.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:41:07 AM

the etherium will win the ripple. the etherium has a real application, and the ripple is a speculation. like many other coins
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:47:02 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

This comparison would be something like comparing an elephant with a whale. Two entirely different animal optimized for two entirely different living area Smiley. Ripple is an IOU system for making different stuff (e.g.: elephant to BTC) easily swappable, while ETH is basically a framework for making contracts and then enforcing and verifying the processing of these contracts. As relaying between different systems is also possible, in the future it could be a framework for glueing together different platforms.

It's in alpha so there are no binaries like a ready to use QT wallet. You need to deploy it as it described here: https://www.ethereum.org/cli.

Well said and the analogy makes sense. Different coin for different purposes.

This is what I think: Ethereum will survive and Ripple will die for sure. Why? Because Ripple is centralized. Just my opinion, though  Roll Eyes

But on the other hand, since ripple is centralized and banks love it, which is why it might survive and see some real world use quicker than eth.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:59:19 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

This comparison would be something like comparing an elephant with a whale. Two entirely different animal optimized for two entirely different living area Smiley. Ripple is an IOU system for making different stuff (e.g.: elephant to BTC) easily swappable, while ETH is basically a framework for making contracts and then enforcing and verifying the processing of these contracts. As relaying between different systems is also possible, in the future it could be a framework for glueing together different platforms.

It's in alpha so there are no binaries like a ready to use QT wallet. You need to deploy it as it described here: https://www.ethereum.org/cli.

This is what I think: Ethereum will survive and Ripple will die for sure. Why? Because Ripple is centralized. Just my opinion, though  Roll Eyes

But on the other hand, since ripple is centralized and banks love it, which is why it might survive and see some real world use quicker than eth.

I like explanation from Snail2 about what is Ripple and what is Ethereum. Couple days ago I
saw NEO vs Ripple, it is like someone's interviewing us. I have that kind of impression.
   ICO Lancer, I must agree with you, on other hand people love centralization. It is case with
the banks, but almost all institutions are centralized, people love and support that. On other
had as you said Ripple can survive and find place easier than Ethereum. They are working
on Ripple, they are signing new contracts, they are doing something. Second thing I do not
like about Ripple is total coin supply, too much if you ask me.
   I like Ethereum more, I have Ripple coins too, I would like both of them to rise in the future.
There are good chances that to happen for both of them.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:07:47 AM

I like explanation from Snail2 about what is Ripple and what is Ethereum. Couple days ago I
saw NEO vs Ripple, it is like someone's interviewing us. I have that kind of impression.
   ICO Lancer, I must agree with you, on other hand people love centralization. It is case with
the banks, but almost all institutions are centralized, people love and support that. On other
had as you said Ripple can survive and find place easier than Ethereum. They are working
on Ripple, they are signing new contracts, they are doing something. Second thing I do not
   I like Ethereum more, I have Ripple coins too, I would like both of them to rise in the future.

indeed, as bad as ripple sounds like, it might still survive and see real world use.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
boonsterx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:11:54 AM

indeed, as bad as ripple sounds like, it might still survive and see real world use.

indeed. With centralization and supports from banks, ripple will find its survival in use cases by financial institutions.

But at the same time, banks as well as Swift are also testing other blockchains and may not use a public blockchain like ripple.

ripple's use case is too limited. Eth has a broad use case applications and is not limited to banking applications.

In this way, Eth has better opportunities and is able to better survive and flourish

jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 10:16:21 AM

Both are good coins but in different fields so their is no comparison between each other. Both can be added to portfolio for good returns in long term as both are in top 10 list of this market.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
aaacourt

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:38:10 AM

is it bad that im bullish on ripple?? As others have stated, XRP sort of epitomises what we hate about fiat, but i do think ripple will bounce. But in regards to your question OP, buy ETH
upisdown

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:42:57 AM

I prefer ETH. Rest these articles may help more, please study google too.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2018/02/ethereum-vs-ripple-xrp-price-bitcoin/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2018/01/14/5-tips-for-finding-the-next-bitcoin-ethereum-and-ripple/#41f7df375dcd

OneMillionToken

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:45:40 AM

I don't like ripple, i prefer ethereum. Mostly of new ICO's use ETH as exchangable token, that's the point ...
allwithpassion

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:47:56 AM

Ethereum is a world-wide virtual platform based on a blockbuster (continuous transaction chain). This is the first platform that made it possible to conclude "smart contracts" of any complexity and monitor the fulfillment of the terms of the transaction. The possibilities of this system are unlimited. This makes it possible to invest in promising projects, like this one https://goo.gl/7RC9x8
Nasit uygun

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:06:07 AM

i think ripple is pump/dump coin. ethereum have smart contract and most of altcoin use ethereum blockchain so ethereum is better than ripple.
Alkhalifi69

Activity: 307

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:12:31 AM

ETH better than Ripple , because ETH have smart contract for projects.
and than to many investor like having ETH , but XRP its good too for fast trading.
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:17:06 AM

I would prefer Ethereum, it is a very good project and most stable altcoin. Ripple has pumped hard by the end of 2017, then its price has come down. Now it is below $1.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:19:23 AM

I always choose ETH. ETH has a number of altcoin that use their platform a lot and that shows the power of ETH. ETH is very potential and they will grow strongly from July onwards. There have been some good news about ETH, their staff are working hard to get new ideas.
Choose ETH and hold them. You will have a lot of profit in 2018.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:33:17 AM

Ripple vs ethereum ?
Ripple is rated only a small part of Ethereum, but is considered potentially up due to the nature of the system and the bonds it has made.
Ethereum is considered somewhat similar to Bitcoin, which is effectively a digital token intended as an exchange unit.
So I decided to prefer ethereum rather than Ripple.
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:53:02 AM

I have always preferred ethereum and I always will. The only coin I prefer more than Ethereum is bitcoin. Ripple isn't much compared to ethereum. The only coin that surpasses ETH is bitcoin. Ripple is a good coin and I hold a small percentage but ethereum is better.
padcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:55:43 AM

personally i don't like Ripple, so i would go for ETH
Ripple is still the Bank scam toys
ETH is more and more allowed in shops, it will pump again and again
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: