Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:03:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum  (Read 6266 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:36:53 PM

Go to Ripple....Ripple coin seems to be having a lot potential. And it seems like it can be purchased for the low cost right now. not sure how many people would be into this. but it seems like the alt coin such as that. it can be one good option for the conversion of the investment.

Ripple is a currency that will grow a lot in the future because:

1-Payments are cheaper: since Ripple does not belong to anyone, the cost of transactions decreases.

2-Payments are faster: Because transactions are automatic, complex transactions can take place in seconds

While Ripple delivers many advantages over most cryptocurrencies we know and love today, it's still a centralized payment system which is backed by banks. At any moment, funds could be frozen or seized because of government pressure or other third-party interference. On the other hand, decentralized cryptos like Ethereum are much better since they provide freedom for anyone to take control of their funds. This value proposition comes at a cost of speed and higher fees, but it's often better this way than dealing in a centralized system which is prone to manipulation.

A better alternative to Ripple would be Stellar as it shares the same features of Ripple such as inexpensive fees and near-instant transactions. Stellar is the decentralized version of Ripple, which is safe from third party interference or seizure of funds. As for comparing Ripple vs Ethereum, it's like comparing apples vs oranges. Ripple is not a smart contracts platform, whereas Ethereum's "Ether" is not a cryptocurrency itself but rather "Gas" for executing unstoppable smart contracts. However, it may all change if Ripple decides to implement smart contracts into its system, making it a competitor against Ethereum itself. Only time will tell what lies ahead with both cryptocurrencies over the long term. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
kashwin663

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:08:18 PM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)
It is not just a currency it is a world in itself It helps for anyone with a technical background to create tokens create smart contracts and even an organization in itself while Ripple though have a huge availability low price According to the amount you invest if it’s high  even a small uptrend can give you tremendous return rather than ETH and Ripple technology is used  and tested by many banks right now so even with this supply they will slowly but surely rise with time
Babyboy423

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:14:57 PM

Ethereum can be mined, while Ripple cannot be mined. (Ethereum does not have a supply cap as of this writing whereas Ripple is finite and has a total supply of 100,000,000,000)
Ethereum is a blockchain which decentralized apps can adopt or build on. Ripple is similar to a software which can be adopted by banks or financial insitutions to carry out transactions.
Each Ethereum transaction costs ‘Gas’ that goes to the miners that complete or confirm your transactions. Whereas Ripple gets destroyed after every transaction.
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:18:28 PM

I think Etherium is still better because if compared with riple, Eth has a volume and a growing number of enthusiasts who make the price go up.
eydrea

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:18:38 PM

I would go for ethereum. Ethereum is a good coin. It has the quality and potential to rival the king of cryptocurrency bitcoin in the mere future. Many of here has ethereum. The community that supports ethereum is continiously growing and in a period of time it will be one of the biggest community here in cryptocurrency world. So why not join the trend? If you will go with altcoin, ethereum should be your priority.
alibaba93

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:15:41 PM

I always choose ETH. ETH has a number of altcoin that use their platform a lot and that shows the power of ETH. ETH is very potential and they will grow strongly from July onwards. There have been some good news about ETH, their staff are working hard to get new ideas. I have always preferred ethereum and I always will. The only coin I prefer more than Ethereum is bitcoin. Ripple isn't much compared to ethereum
Old God

Activity: 434
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

I chosed ETH, and i advice to other to do the same, or atleast other alt coins, and i try to avoid people from the ripple, if u wanna know more about it look at their site https://ripple.com, search for the team behind it, many ppl who are like presenting global finance control
 is it decentralised? The answer is NO,
U wanna buy it? u have to register all yr INFO, and they can bann all your bank accounts if they wants, so it is no safety and not private as other crypto currencies.
dewynijhof

Activity: 292
Merit: 11

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:40:11 PM

Between Ripple and Ethereum, I would definitely choose Ethereum, because Ethereum is better than Ripple. It has a lot of potential, is used by many ICO projects, there are many communities supporting Ethereum are developing. Especially at this time the price of ETH is very low, only 404 $ is a good opportunity for us to invest in Ethereum.

Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:43:37 PM

I would pick ethereum over ripple, but I own both.  They are both leaders in their niche, with ethereum focused in smart contracts and ripple trying to tap the banking industry.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:27:23 PM

Between Ripple and Ethereum, I would definitely choose Ethereum, because Ethereum is better than Ripple. It has a lot of potential, is used by many ICO projects, there are many communities supporting Ethereum are developing. Especially at this time the price of ETH is very low, only 404 $ is a good opportunity for us to invest in Ethereum.

Agree. Ethereum has many advanced features and use cases than Ripple itself. As Ethereum is a smart contracts platform, it could be expanded for additional functionality unlike Ripple. On the other hand, Ripple is centralized and backed by banks, but it is good in the sense that transactions are dirt cheap and payments settle in a near-instant matter. Given that many banks have joined Ripple, I believe that it will become dominant in the future.

Therefore, both Ethereum and Ripple will co-exist for years to come. They have dedicated development teams and supportive communities which will make them last in the long term. People could benefit from Ethereum's smart contracts while they could use Ripple as a bridge between fiat and crypto, or to send money around the world in an near-instant way with inexpensive costs. Perhaps, in the future, Ripple would replace Western Union, MoneyGram, and even Visa for global payments. Or maybe it will work alongside them to help achieve said purpose at a large scale.

Nevertheless, if we compare both cryptocurrencies, Ethereum is better than Ripple simply because it has more features and it's decentralized. Ripple could do the same by decentralizing itself and implementing smart contracts to become a competitor against Ethereum. Despite all of this, prices for these cryptocurrencies are a bargain and it would be wise to buy and hodl some to multiply your investments in the future. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Jr family

Activity: 161

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:32:29 PM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)
Ripple and Ethereum. both of which are among the top coins in the Cryptocurrency market. so to chose required a pretty good comparison and logical. and myself more to Ethereum.
mmacool

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:38:15 PM

You can not choose between ethereum and ripple. Very different platforms and both crypto currency will survive and no one will die. In the future ripple think is equal to ethereum.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:50:33 PM

In this event, I will probably choose ETH, because this project is very, very common today, today ETH is a global platform, where a huge number of projects are now deployed. Of course, the situation is not the best now with this project, but I think that everything will work out.
gbenga88

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:00:56 PM

Ethereum
mukuro04

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:03:12 PM

For me as of now i will go to eth because it is more dependable rather than ripple.
SaarMast

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:05:20 PM

I think you should look at the product each offers, The functionality that ETH is offering is greater than the functionality of XRP.

P2PEPEnergy Trading Platform  ━━  Ann  ✕  Whitepaper           
                      Connecting Clean Energy Users!          
TelegramTwitter ✕  ━[ BUY TOKENS ]━
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:59:11 PM

This is what I think: Ethereum will survive and Ripple will die for sure. Why? Because Ripple is centralized. Just my opinion, though  Roll Eyes
I agree with you. In any case, the ethereum must survive, but the ripple must probably die.

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:01:55 PM

This is what I think: Ethereum will survive and Ripple will die for sure. Why? Because Ripple is centralized. Just my opinion, though  Roll Eyes
I agree with you. In any case, the ethereum must survive, but the ripple must probably die.
Yes I agree with you, but it will happen for a long time. Certainly Etherum will continue to grow and we can see the development of Eherum is on a very good prospect. Many people are increasingly trusting and investing in Etherum. Like for example the ICO project that uses Etherum as a token. That will increase the volume of transactions and also increasingly create public confidence.
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:02:38 PM

I hope that ripply not gonna die as I invested in it and believes in it in such a way as I believe in bitcoin and some altcoins, but let us see some updates in the coming days or months if what would be the fate of Ripple, hope it will still grow.
fetokun

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:04:03 PM

Thats like comparing a democratic country to a country controlled by a dictator. Ethereum is a decentralized currency while Ripple is a centralized currency controlled by banksters and its creators. Most of the supply of Ripple is locked away and held by its creators.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: