Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:01:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547549 times)
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 02:22:05 PM

Next release will have a modified blockreward. Instead of 3 SHF it will become 1 SHF. We would like to hear the communitys thoughts about this.

Regards

You want to prolong the mining period and reduce dumping from miners?

ShiftTeam (OP)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 02:57:51 PM

Next release will have a modified blockreward. Instead of 3 SHF it will become 1 SHF. We would like to hear the communitys thoughts about this.

Regards

Reduce inflation, yes.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 03:03:45 PM

Regards

Reduce inflation, yes.

I think that such step will have more negative than positive impact.
The price of the coin must rise a lot, otherwise miners will not be attracted to mine the coin and therefore the network will not be secured very well.
While I think that mining is fun, my opinion is that your best choice will be to make SHIFT full PoS with something like 3% interest.

ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 03:31:23 PM

Regards

Reduce inflation, yes.

I think that such step will have more negative than positive impact.
The price of the coin must rise a lot, otherwise miners will not be attracted to mine the coin and therefore the network will not be secured very well.
While I think that mining is fun, my opinion is that your best choice will be to make SHIFT full PoS with something like 3% interest.

Although, you must understand that make something based on ethereum to enable PoS is easier said than done. Ask the ethereum team.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 03:38:57 PM

Although, you must understand that make something based on ethereum to enable PoS is easier said than done. Ask the ethereum team.

I am aware of that, but in this world, when you actually try to work it's never easy. I am in this "game" too and I know what I'm talking about. Smiley
In short term, I think the best decision for you is to be more transparent with the premine and spread the word about SHIFT (articles, merchants, games).
Technology was never the main part of cryptoworld - it's adoption. There are 10s (if not 100s) of coins better than Bitcoin, but....

ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 03:50:56 PM

I am aware of that, but in this world, when you actually try to work it's never easy. I am in this "game" too and I know what I'm talking about. Smiley
In short term, I think the best decision for you is to be more transparent with the premine and spread the word about SHIFT (articles, merchants, games).
Technology was never the main part of cryptoworld - it's adoption. There are 10s (if not 100s) of coins better than Bitcoin, but....

Do not have the time for that kind of promotion. The community expects too much without contribution, and to be honest, and we have said this from the start, we will focus on the tech and let that speak for it self. A good value of SHIFT would be good. But thats not our primary goal. We will not stop development even if  the price drops ten fold. The problem however, some of us are working for payment in shift, that will be a problem, the premine will vanish pretty quickly. This, however, do not apply to the core developers.

Humble regards
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:56:50 PM

Regards

thats great!, i'll be looking forward in to the blockreward change. i know a lot of the supporters are looking to a stronger price point!
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 04:01:16 PM

Community is something, which practically does not longer exist. More than 80-90% of the people here care only about the current price and the profit that they could make.... as fast as they can. Nobody is asking for you to work on everything I mentioned, but you have premined coins, which you can use. SHIFT is your baby and it is you who must know to where it will be headed. Therefore you should think on some things, which are not related with tech development. Examples:
"We need to spread the word more so I must hire PR guy/s."
"I can't always answer to questions so it will be probably better if we have community manager."

etc... etc...  

The days, when people actually tried to protect their investments and offered their help to some coins are pretty much over. Everybody is asking for money and that's it. If you wait for someone to take the initiative you will be very much disappointed. That's the simple truth...

Cheers,
Spartak

Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:10:36 PM

Community is something, which practically does not longer exist. More than 80-90% of the people here care only about the current price and the profit that they could make.... as fast as they can. Nobody is asking for you to work on everything I mentioned, but you have premined coins, which you can use. SHIFT is your baby and it is you who must know to where it will be headed. Therefore you should think on some things, which are not related with tech development. Examples:
"I can't always answer to questions so it will be probably better if we have community manager."

etc... etc...  

The days, when people actually tried to protect their investments and offered their help to some coins are pretty much over. Everybody is asking for money and that's it. If you wait for someone to take the initiative you will be very much disappointed. That's the simple truth...

Cheers,
Spartak

I agree devs aren't slaves they will not work just so you get rich... The most successful coins in crypto space are coins with large active communties! Don't just sit here and wait if you want something done make a contribution!  There is tons of little stuff people can do and it can be as easy as sending a tweet!   If you are sitting around doing nothing you are waiting until your money disappears

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:51:55 PM

etc... etc...  

Cheers,
Spartak

The devs have decided to hold their bags of premined coins until the price goes up. They don't want to spend coins at this worthless price.

If the community wants something done, then someone should buy 5 BTCs worth of SHF. That would get you like... 100,000 SHF if people would sell into a wall at 5k (people probably wouldn't). Then we would a community fund.

We could also set up a donation address. I would donate 50 SHF. Maybe other people would donate more.

Billyboy402

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:19:20 AM

Regards

Reduce inflation, yes.

I think you should focus on POS so it create more interest for member to buy and hold and not sell out. Or create option / reason for us to buy and hold

loweing the reward will make new member feel cheated that now they only get 1 shf while the rest of us who have been in the start got 3

personaly i think you guys are going ok , slow and steady .... ( i don't like pump and dumps)

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:26:22 AM

I think @spartak_t is right about block reward reduction. If we got POS, it'd be something what etherum dosen't have, then a bit PR and we have 100k sats.

Cheers

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
donnyespo

Activity: 827

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:46:25 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 02:36:28 PM by donnyespo

I think @spartak_t is right about block reward reduction. If we got POS, it'd be something what etherum dosen't have, then a bit PR and we have 100k sats.

Cheers

Obviously if POS can be implemented it would be huge, but would take alot of work to make it happen since has never been done on  ETH/fork, so I get the devs concerns in regards to it. It might be the one thing that really takes shf to the next level.

I also dont think the reward drop to 1 coin from 3 would be a bad thing to slow down inflation, but ideally 100% pos would be the best.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 02:19:04 PM

You guys are forgetting how long did take for the Ethereum to be released as it is. What if PoS takes 1 more year or it is impossible to implement in current environment? Who do you think will wait for so long? Decreasing block reward will also decrease inflation and day-by-day dumping, but it will also decrease security, which is totally unacceptable for a project who pretends to be serious.

While SHIFT core devs are working (on whatever....), the coin itself needs marketing. It's that simple.

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:03:38 PM

Vitalik Buterin says most of the previous Ethereum devs are going to make closed source private DApps. We should try to get some of them to use this coin. It makes way more sense for them. Sell your Ethereum. Buy this coin. Own 5% of this coin. Make your cool proprietary DAapp for SHIFT instead of Ethereum.

Once PoS is implemented, this coin could easily end up more secure than Ethereum.

ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 06:39:08 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 06:50:32 PM by ShiftTeam

Heads up for a new GUI wallet release. Wait for the official announcement.

Regards
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 06:46:25 PM

You guys are forgetting how long did take for the Ethereum to be released as it is. What if PoS takes 1 more year or it is impossible to implement in current environment? Who do you think will wait for so long? Decreasing block reward will also decrease inflation and day-by-day dumping, but it will also decrease security, which is totally unacceptable for a project who pretends to be serious.

While SHIFT core devs are working (on whatever....), the coin itself needs marketing. It's that simple.

Pretends to be serious? Sorry sir, we have different view on how things should be handled. You are not the only one who have big experience of cryptos, that i can assure you. Do not pretend to be the only one who knows how to handle SHIFT, try to stay humble, i know the SHIFT team will. By acting superior will get you no where, although i respect your advice and we will of course take it into consideration.

Humble Regards
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 07:47:42 PM

Pretends to be serious? Sorry sir, we have different view on how things should be handled. You are not the only one who have big experience of cryptos, that i can assure you. Do not pretend to be the only one who knows how to handle SHIFT, try to stay humble, i know the SHIFT team will. By acting superior will get you no where, although i respect your advice and we will of course take it into consideration.

Humble Regards

By "pretends to be serious" I didn't mean you are not acting professional and I wasn't trying to offend you or acting like smartass. I just gave you a hint that reducing block reward at current situation (let's face it - at the moment you guys are holding like 30% of entire supply and yet there are no real plans (at least they were not presented in details in front of the people in here)) will be probably a coin-killer. Why? Because if you really want to play in "long term", then you must be aware that this will not affect the price of the coin in short term, because it will not create demand... it will only reduce miners, therefore security (hashrate) and interest from newcomers.

You don't care about the price and believe me - I fully understand that, because I don't care either (for any given coin and if there are clear plans about it's future), but this is also a business in some way. When someone create a product (or clone it... whatever - that doesn't really matter), then this guy/s must take responsibility about it's future development. If you don't have the time for other things than tech development, then you can search for guys who have the time and are willing to work for the SHIFT itself - not about the BTC they can earn tomorrow, in one week or in 10 years (at least this is the way I see it, when people here say that they care about cryptocurrencies and are not just some mercenaries).

How about we talk about some real stuff now?

You asked if it's okay to reduce the block reward? In my eyes that means you are worried about the price, despite you are not saying it. Maybe with reducing the block reward you want to win some time and avoid a situation, in which the coin is dumped to like 10 satoshi, until you announce/launch something significant you have in mind. Maybe you really want to reduce inflation (which imho sounds unserious giving the circumstances).

With that said, I want to clarify that I am not pretending to know (or foresee) everything about SHIFT, or try to regulate your work. This is a forum, where anybody by presumption can expres his opinion. At the end, this is your project and is up to you whether to take some opinions into consideration or accept it as trolling. Smiley

Best regards,
Spartak

123sss

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:07:31 AM

dev, where is web site?
Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:17:08 AM

Humble Regards

I understand where you are coming from, but I just want to throw my opinion in as well, that you should not make decisions until the 2 M target. Miners can just dump to cover mining costs. I'm making steady buys whether the price goes up or down, according to a sound accumulation strategy. A longer mining period will (1) improve distribution, (2) dilute the premine, and (3) give a more reasonable coin count. Bitcoin had it about right with 21 M. 2 M is kind of low, but it's a lot better than 200,000 in terms of transaction granularity.

If you cut the money supply then you will be faced with what to do with the premine. Just let the market evolve with the 21 M output for the health of the coin.

I know this is going to raise howls from the profit takers, but aim to be a top tier coin, and not just to please the quick dumpers.

Ten-Hut!
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: