Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:59:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547549 times)
cbux

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 08:02:38 PM

dumped your coin...no support...sorry...was a good idea, just undisciplined and losing hashpower and getting delisted at markets...pity...

this is called manipulation of the market, that this was not the community up to the market to participate actively, creating support costs and do not just stand on the price of 1000 Satoshi, but to raise the purchase price and buy out the volume at the keypad, thereby reducing its impact on the market, and distribute it assets, it was impossible to make a big dumping. This should be dealt with, and the development team, which should be a money manager, not just programmers. otherwise, we will always see what one person will always push the market and do not give him to grow up in value.

Isn't the whole point of crypto to be trust less and believe in the math??  What you suggest is no different than the fiat model and the Fed.  It's already concerning that the dev team made a significant change, especially without community consent, and we're seeing the consequences.  Changing the block reward, which changes the inflation, is exactly what the Fed tries to do by changing interest rates to increase or decrease inflation.  In my eyes this move was unforgivable.

In an ideal world it should be, but the reality is different. While you want a natural price discovery, each and every market depends on liquidity providers. This is the case for every trading commodity, whether it is Bitcoin, Dollar, Corn, Gold or SHIFT.

There are two sides to a cryptocurrency: miners and investors. While miners secure the blockchain and process transactions, investors buy, hold and sell. High inflation unfairly rewards miners who create constant sell pressure, high deflation eventually leads to an unsecured network if supply outweighs demand. Neither inflationary nor deflationary currencies are worth striving for, the middle ground is. The decision wasn't easy but in retrospect we have been incredibly rewarding for miners ever since the V1 launch and had to adjust our model to give credit to speculative investors.

If you look at the 600+ currencies listed on Coinmarketcap, you cannot say that even 1 is truly 100% decentralized, not even Bitcoin. Is hosting our downloads on GitHub centralization? Are 5 developers, marketers and designers managing this coin centralization? Is our sole correspondence in a Slack group centralization? The answer to all is yes. But that is a necessity to develop SHIFT and provide the best service to our community that we can.

However, we do not advertise SHIFT as a decentralized currency with only the little most necessary form of governance. Our intention will always be to bring the brightest minds into our team to make the best decisions we agree on to bring to live our flagship product: a decentralized, uncensored, immutable and distributed network to host content for every person on this globe.

And that is a sensitive process which will always need adjustment and interference from the team. But it will always be to the highest and most honorable standards with the pure intention to deliver an unrivaled, groundbreaking product everyone can benefit from, miners as well as speculators as well as users.

Thank you, I always appreciate your input.  I understand, even if I don't agree completely.  The network hash rate has dropped by more than 60%.  Even with fewer miners online, I am only seeing 1/3 of the mining payouts I was previously receiving and am not sure how much longer I can keep my miners running on Shift.  (btw, I did figure out my second miner and did get it online.)  I guess, in the end, the market forces balance out.  There are likely more miners online than there are transactions happening right now, which is why the difficulty rate continues to jump.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 11:19:11 PM

Thank you, I always appreciate your input.  I understand, even if I don't agree completely.  The network hash rate has dropped by more than 60%.  Even with fewer miners online, I am only seeing 1/3 of the mining payouts I was previously receiving and am not sure how much longer I can keep my miners running on Shift.  (btw, I did figure out my second miner and did get it online.)  I guess, in the end, the market forces balance out.  There are likely more miners online than there are transactions happening right now, which is why the difficulty rate continues to jump.

Until some real progress is demonstrated this latest fork looks like a desperate attempt to pump the current price. I hope that is not the case.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 12:05:32 AM

i wish i had a few of these to hold this looks as if it will do well

I'd expect the price to go down a little further: the big wallet at Bittrex is moving. He_she sells chunks of it, which effectively reduces its price. But it looks relatively careful: the dumps are of a proportion that can seemingly be handled by the buying side. Nevertheless, it does supress the price. Once this wallet stops moving, things might be interesting again.
(Sorry, sleep-deprived rambling. Could be completely wrong here)
Dev_Sempak_coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 01:55:08 AM

Coin is seriously undervalued,also the new wallet looks dopee  Grin

I'm continuing to mine this coin,also I bought some more SHIFT just in case  Wink

now im back mining ethereum, then selling my ethereum to btc and buying shift, thats give me more shift than i mining it, because if im mining using genoil the hashrate unstable, but claymore more stable. now use claymore and mining eth.

psyx80

Activity: 241

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:39:00 AM

The development team, you will work for 5+. Do you like statistics which is now observed after the change Huh

ShiftTeam (OP)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 07:47:39 AM

Thank you, I always appreciate your input.  I understand, even if I don't agree completely.  The network hash rate has dropped by more than 60%.  Even with fewer miners online, I am only seeing 1/3 of the mining payouts I was previously receiving and am not sure how much longer I can keep my miners running on Shift.  (btw, I did figure out my second miner and did get it online.)  I guess, in the end, the market forces balance out.  There are likely more miners online than there are transactions happening right now, which is why the difficulty rate continues to jump.

Until some real progress is demonstrated this latest fork looks like a desperate attempt to pump the current price. I hope that is not the case.

Currently we are coding contract interaction via phantom. We commit new code every day... if this is not real progress, im not sure what is. Maybe you can tell me what you want to see so we can assure you that we are working very very hard? We also have two new devs in the team which is not shown in this ANN. Ralfs and Bitcause.

https://github.com/shiftcurrency?tab=activity

orcanice

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:59:27 AM

Is there still planning for shift to go pos at 8 mil coins?
ShiftConnect

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:50:52 PM

Is there still planning for shift to go pos at 8 mil coins?

There is not a hard number at which pos will be activated since there is no reference implementation of proof of stake for the ethereum codebase yet. The difference between pos and pow is simply a different consensus algorithm.

At some point we will introduce staking nodes which are in a way similar to proof of stake as they reward users for having a balance / collateral in an active wallet, thus supporting the network by acting as a node.

Hope that answers the question Smiley

SHIFT Response Team
ShiftConnect

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:01:53 PM

The development team, you will work for 5+. Do you like statistics which is now observed after the change Huh

I'm not sure i understa d the question completely but we are content with the current status of the network. Block times are much better which means bloat is less of an issue but still fast enough for phantom integration.

Of course SHIFT is less profitable to mine now than it was before. But if you look at many coins they were never profitable to mine at their current price at that point and only later rewarded miners who kept their rigs running at a loss. I've seen posts where people complain they only get 5 bitcoin a day and have to shut down their gpus due to mining at a loss.

People always equate a pow network's inherent value with the electicity and hardware used to secure the blockchain which gives the minted tokens their value. I much more prefer to think of our (mining) community as our strongest asset. If you mine at almost no profitability or only breakeven that shows trust and that makes you valuable to us and us work that much harder for you!

SHIFT Response Team
bbcoin

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:04:33 PM

I'm not sure i understa d the question completely but we are content with the current status of the network. Block times are much better which means bloat is less of an issue but still fast enough for phantom integration.

Of course SHIFT is less profitable to mine now than it was before. But if you look at many coins they were never profitable to mine at their current price at that point and only later rewarded miners who kept their rigs running at a loss. I've seen posts where people complain they only get 5 bitcoin a day and have to shut down their gpus due to mining at a loss.

People always equate a pow network's inherent value with the electicity and hardware used to secure the blockchain which gives the minted tokens their value. I much more prefer to think of our (mining) community as our strongest asset. If you mine at almost no profitability or only breakeven that shows trust and that makes you valuable to us and us work that much harder for you!

How do you intend to keep me here? Reply here or send me a PM Smiley

Was it you who dumped all the coins dropping price from 7200 to 4500?

Running rigs at a loss? No offence but who are you fooling? There are better ways of doing it than running at a loss Wink

I'd like to understand what's your plan from now on... Hash rate dropped, miners run away, daily volume dropped, What do you intend to do to get investors back?
ShiftTeam (OP)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 10:16:10 PM

Running rigs at a loss? No offence but who are you fooling? There are better ways of doing it than running at a loss Wink

I'd like to understand what's your plan from now on... Hash rate dropped, miners run away, daily volume dropped, What do you intend to do to get investors back?

The plan is to follow the roadmap. Thats usually what people do with roadmaps. What you want to do on the other hand, is up to you.
bbcoin

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:24:58 PM

The plan is to follow the roadmap. Thats usually what people do with roadmaps. What you want to do on the other hand, is up to you.

You skipped most of my questions unfortunately Sad does it mean you did dump the coins recently?

Any dates for the roadmap?

Also since you are so soo about the roadmap I would suggest changing the graphic above the roadmap. Block reward is 1 not 2 but I'm sure you are aware of that Smiley
limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:28:14 PM

A flippant answer does not help your credibility.

Can you explain what SHIFT miners/investors offers now? That is all he asked in an accusatory way.

I see your team is submitting updates regularly but from the outside, a major fork 3.0 just to reduce supply still looks like a pump and dump technique as the previous post suspects. I didn't see the supply cut on the roadmap. Am I looking in the wrong place?
ShiftConnect

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:04:58 PM

You skipped most of my questions unfortunately Sad does it mean you did dump the coins recently?

Any dates for the roadmap?

Also since you are so soo about the roadmap I would suggest changing the graphic above the roadmap. Block reward is 1 not 2 but I'm sure you are aware of that Smiley

Hi bbcoin,

thanks for pointing out the typo, we're currently working on a more indepth version of our ANN and we'll be sure to include up to date info.

There are no fixed dates for the roadmap as we all know that in most cases that never works out like expected. We will make sure to give updates on milestones and projections for upcoming releases as we see fit so the community has a good idea what we are working on and when we expect a release date, even if only a very vague one. It is a thin line between announcing something and creating false hype and we are trying to walk this line with utmost care.

Please keep in mind we are doing more than simply merging present developments into our codebase, we are working on the cutting edge of technology to build something unique so there is no manual or a good way to estimate exactly how long developments can take since we want to release software as stable and secure as possible Smiley

SHIFT Response Team
ShiftConnect

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:14:55 PM

Can you explain what SHIFT miners/investors offers now? That is all he asked in an accusatory way.

I see your team is submitting updates regularly but from the outside, a major fork 3.0 just to reduce supply still looks like a pump and dump technique as the previous post suspects. I didn't see the supply cut on the roadmap. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Your question is worded the wrong way. Our main concern is to offer something to the general public. And that is a completely decentralized, free, uncensored and immutable way of creating and sharing content, along with direct monetization and participation.

As stated previously, the fork happened to make an adjustment based on the experience up to this point. I'm not sure why you think we are able to announce unforeseen events in a very broad roadmap created months ago, but we have given advance notice about the fork and the new reward weeks before and asked the community about their opinion. The only response came from psyx80 at that time.

SHIFT Response Team
ShiftConnect

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:26:22 PM

We did not dump anything. None of the team members getting paid from the funds are selling. We cannot control what voluntary contributors do with the bounties but those are smaller sums for now. The current movement is just natural price discovery happening between the different support and resistance levels. This is necessary for every market Smiley

Your other questions are so broad, I'm afraid there is no real way of answering them. I hope we made it clear since the relaunch what we are striving for and have shown users what they can expect. If you are interested in SHIFT just stick around and you'll see what we will be releasing.

SHIFT Response Team
limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:35:07 PM

The plan is to follow the roadmap. Thats usually what people do with roadmaps.

Excuse my ignorance but where are you on the roadmap? Since the last update was not on the roadmap.
ShiftConnect

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 12:00:57 AM

The plan is to follow the roadmap. Thats usually what people do with roadmaps.

Excuse my ignorance but where are you on the roadmap? Since the last update was not on the roadmap.

No ignorance on your side. When we set out we wanted to give a basic and easy to grasp overview over our development plans rather than too many detailed and technological explanations that turn people away before they fully understand the big picture.

As mentioned previously, we are working on providing a more detailed roadmap. We have made clear in the past that we monitor this thread closely and welcome each and every question, so in the meantime all you have to do is ask Smiley

Currently we are working on contract integration into Phantom, which means using SHIFT's contract programming language and ShiftHub's UI to allow for fast, simple and secure deployments, used for example in dns solvers for website domains (interpreting where to go when visiting yoursite.shift).

SHIFT Response Team
vigZ

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:11:00 AM

You guys realize the team has pushed 800,000 lines of code to the phantom github repo in the past month right? The Shift team is doing hell of a lot more work than other communities. They are doing original work implementing ZeroNet in their protocol and they have a straightfoward roadmap. This is not a sketchy alt coin that had to launch an ICO to pay for funding and still not get any work done. The Shift team is getting real work done and i am very excited for the future of this project and i hope the rest of you are too. It will be a long trip Wink
psyx80

Activity: 241

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:57:59 AM

All it is clear that at the moment, many coins are produced at a loss. I said that in this case, it was impossible to do this update because the network and community for such a small action in this situation, because there is still a staple in the project. Now the entire network and the coin holds only of mining that we see the statisticians at the time?
1) the fact that out of the glass on the market has gone from 12 Bitcoin purchases, was 20 was 8.
2) manners are gone, there were 8 Tx network fell by 1.5 Tx, the complexity of the 115 dropped to 66
3) raised doubts about the project.

project needed foreign investors, the company that will support and market as a team and you will drive to work. As the example of the expanse made by joining Microsoft.
You should not be afraid to attract new investors from outside, and it is necessary to speak at the forum, people need to know, and more people need to go to the project, not to sit a bunch of 20 people on a branch.
You remember the story expanse, what the price was for the coin and how everything changed after ??

At the expense of production, as previously said, I will disable the shift from his farm, because I was not profitable to produce, because the production costs cover only the costs of electricity, and so did many of because there are coins to show good results. But in my day is 1% of the total volume of coins that I hold, but these people think I can count on one hand all the other coins sold because miner class is just a breadwinner, rather than the investor and this must be understood.

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: