Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN launches 4th generation Bitcoin mining ASIC: BM1385  (Read 39257 times)
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 08:36:44 PM

i dont really understand the difference between the two, ill have to do some more research
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:18:11 AM

Is this "BITMAIN launches 4th generation Bitcoin mining ASIC: BM1385" or "Let's have bigger blocks discussion" ?

lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:11:39 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2015, 04:52:19 AM by lovenlifelarge

Drop the block size talk its off topic!

Hey bitmain

What about a 6th machine @ 1380w keeping it insides the normal power range for most people without needing custom power solutions..

Make a speed setting that lets users have a max speed version & an alternate speed setting that uses max efficiency to give this miner extra life!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit : Just use the newer 1600w power supply u already have in stock...

Just ease off on the fan noise.. 50db to 60db would be great..

And to ease your pain - Lock it off so no overclocking..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit edit : And lets make the price 6.0btc which means about US$1400...

I'm in at that power & price point, Im sure plenty other would be too...

Make this almost as powerful as the S5+ but at half the power consumption!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:38:09 AM

Drop the block size talk its off topic!

Hey bitmain

What about a 6th machine @ 1380w keeping it insides the normal power range for most people without needing custom power solutions..

Make a speed setting that lets users have a max speed version & an alternate speed setting that uses max efficiency to give this miner extra life!

You could also use 2 power supplies. It's kind of annoying but it work fine.

But i'm expecting the S7 to be within the same form factor/heat dissipation of the S5 so i would be surprised if the watt consumption would be over 690w at the wall at full speed.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:20:59 AM

But i'm expecting the S7 to be within the same form factor/heat dissipation of the S5 so i would be surprised if the watt consumption would be over 690w at the wall at full speed.

I sure hope you are correct. It's just a bit worrisome that Bitmain introduced the S5+ "monster mine" about the same time. I'd rather they didn't always think "bigger is better".
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:50:00 AM

As long as Bitmain sticks with their recent "string" design choice, the only option for "undervolt" or "overvolt" adjustment is to adjust the supply voltage into the entire hash board.
 In THEORY they could put an adjustable buck converter at the power input to an entire string, but that defeats the whole purpose (simplicity AKA make it CHEAP to build) of a string design.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:06:24 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 08:35:43 AM by toptek

I sure hope you are correct. It's just a bit worrisome that Bitmain introduced the S5+ "monster mine" about the same time. I'd rather they didn't always think "bigger is better".

some one said some place it was meant it to be a S6 but sense it didn't fit the u case thing they named it s5 +, how true that is can't say but make sense if it is .  which i hope it is or my home mining days are over once my S3 and S5 or any more S5 i may buy are no longer use full and no miner is to be had .

Sense they have listed  the S7 as  using  230 watts per th makes me think or feel positive thought it will start at 2.2/3 th with the same compact size or smaller then the S3 and S5 due to how the S5 + no longer has the really big heat sinks with the same price or cheaper then the S3 or S5 with cheaper shipping , to get more into the mining game .  . selling in lots of so many or just one per order you make more any way and if any one can afford it they make more at least that's how most business sells work if they support the little guy still.

SO that's my hoping, i really enjoy doing it and the fun Ive had learning it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:14:02 AM

i hope so too, i want to run with 1 power supply.. not needing any server ones or wire in special 220v outlets.
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:17:36 AM

still want my 3kw 15th machine! i'd buy 3!

and make s7 backwards compatible in cooling and screw holes! need to upgrade my c1  Wink
bigblind

Activity: 378
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:23:22 AM

but there is no information about releases yet?
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:29:48 AM

None yet only there working on it Smiley .!!! but if I had to guess it's done there putting it thu the final testing, then once we see the hash rate and diff start going up a lot for no reason that might be why  Smiley . hash rate more then any thing at first real time testing is still the best way .. then sells will start soon after .

bigblind

Activity: 378
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:36:23 AM

None yet only there working on it Smiley .!!! but if I had to guess it's done there putting it thu the final testing, then once we see the hash rate and diff start going up a lot for no reason that might be why  Smiley . hash rate more then any thing at first real time testing is still the best way .. then sells will start soon after .

So then I bet they will wait with realeasing the machines until October/November. They will want to mine with them for themselves at first I guess.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:45:08 AM

So then I bet they will wait with realeasing the machines until October/November. They will want to mine with them for themselves at first I guess.

I wouldn't say that either other then they have to test each and everyone before it shipped or some kind of batch test so there is no large amount of returns they will lose money with out good testing. all the S5 i ever bought from them direct were new or seemed new to me . i didn't get a chance to buy one of the used ones, i wanted to but real life living stopped me. but I'm saving for one or two S7 now at what i hope they cost like 340 to 400 each i may sell off a s3 or two real cheap i mean cheap like at S1 prices . Smiley .

wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:08:50 PM

I wouldn't say we will see an obivous spike in hashrate as I think they are still replacing previous generation hardware.  See for instance the S2, and UMISOO(S2) going offline because it is no longer profitable on Hashnest.

I'm just taking an educated guess, but I still think we see the S7 released in September.  Also to guess the price check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159185.0

elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:38:35 PM

I wouldn't say we will see an obivous spike in hashrate as I think they are still replacing previous generation hardware.  See for instance the S2, and UMISOO(S2) going offline because it is no longer profitable on Hashnest.

I'm just taking an educated guess, but I still think we see the S7 released in September.  Also to guess the price check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159185.0

The Statement from resellers seems to cooperate with your opinion S7 release in September  Grin

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
kae1078

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Kupla Kudos Coming Ur Way!

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:03:30 PM

The Statement from resellers seems to cooperate with your opinion S7 release in September  Grin

Let hope prices are competitive
wlefever
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:52:55 PM

I wouldn't say we will see an obivous spike in hashrate as I think they are still replacing previous generation hardware.  See for instance the S2, and UMISOO(S2) going offline because it is no longer profitable on Hashnest.

I'm just taking an educated guess, but I still think we see the S7 released in September.  Also to guess the price check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159185.0

The Statement from resellers seems to cooperate with your opinion S7 release in September  Grin

Do they ever mention what the hashrate will be? Or, just the power consumption per Th/s as 230 watts?  

I may be stretching, but a 2.4+ Th/s machine for <$700 SHIPPED would be amazing.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:49:21 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 05:00:47 PM by toptek

I wouldn't say we will see an obivous spike in hashrate as I think they are still replacing previous generation hardware.  See for instance the S2, and UMISOO(S2) going offline because it is no longer profitable on Hashnest.

I'm just taking an educated guess, but I still think we see the S7 released in September.  Also to guess the price check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159185.0

The Statement from resellers seems to cooperate with your opinion S7 release in September  Grin

Do they ever mention what the hashrate will be? Or, just the power consumption per Th/s as 230 watts?  

I may be stretching, but a 2.4+ Th/s machine for <$700 SHIPPED would be amazing.

very first page says how much per TH Smiley .. of his thread.

That release date  reminds me of a MS release or game release . lol

At the wall power consumption AntMiner S7  230W/TH  

were all guessing on the a mount of speed it ships with .  why not  340 to 400, S3 and S5 were amazing to and priced right .

If anyone noticed they left out the S2 and S4 and S5 + on the  front page which make is even more positive for everyone . but I'm hopping

wlefever
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:14:41 PM

were all guessing on the a mount of speed it ships with .  why not  340 to 400, S3 and S5 were amazing to and priced right .

If anyone noticed they left out the S2 and S4 and S5 + on the  front page which make is even more positive for everyone . but I'm hopping
I know it shows how much per Th/s, but not how many Th/s  Wink.  My hope is that it is over a 2 Th/s machine with those efficiencies.

They leave out the S2 bc it uses the same chip as the S1 (BM1380), S4 uses the same as the S3+ (BM1382), and S5+ uses the same as the S5 (BM1384).

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:37:25 PM

If anyone noticed they left out the S2 and S4 and S5 + on the  front page which make is even more positive for everyone . but I'm hopping
I know it shows how much per Th/s, but not how many Th/s  Wink.  My hope is that it is over a 2 Th/s machine with those efficiencies.

They leave out the S2 bc it uses the same chip as the S1 (BM1380), S4 uses the same as the S3+ (BM1382), and S5+ uses the same as the S5 (BM1384).

Can we assume this miner will generate half the amount of heat as an S5 if were to have the same number of EDIT chips Th/s?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: