Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:03:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is big problem in using of bitcoin  (Read 38650 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 04:16:09 AM

Personally I think that one of the most problem is the difficult to spend in "real life" .
And I add as plus the difficult to exchange "small cash" XX fiat in btc without paying higher fees.
I see as a big problem this difficult to use btc/cash easily & without limits Sad

Another big problem is related the speed of txs. Yes Credit card are reversible up to xx months, the same for other form of payment (Paypal!)
But when you go to a grocery o local shop, you need to wait for hypothesis that a tx is confirmed at least one time before say "ok it's payed".  Huh

It has already been over a year since the Bitcoin payment cards got traction, but people still repeat the same old mantra about going to a grocery shop (whatever) and having to wait for transaction confirmations. Bitcoin payment cards solve this problem efficiently and effectively. Ultimately, the price of the goods can be denominated directly in bitcoins, thereby completely throwing fiat away from the equation...

Personally, I see no particular hurdles in implementing this (apart from limited Bitcoin usage among retailers)

This is far from being an ideal solution though, at least for now. I too was really excited when I heard about Bitcoin payment cards the first time. The problem is that the fees are quite bad, paying $2 - $4 per transaction is not something I would want to do, then you have loading fee and I think most charge a service fee every month too. Would be great if they implemented an NFC payment system like ApplePay while keeping the fees well under a dollar per transaction  Roll Eyes

I was considering the issue from a technical point of view, obviously. What you mention is not related to Bitcoin as such (high monthly payments, hefty transaction fees, etc). I think debit and credit plastic cards when they had been first introduced were also quite expensive to consumers until real competition kicked in. And now you can have payment cards with no fees altogether...

In my view, it is only a matter of time till the first totally free (free as beer) Bitcoin payment card is issued by some Bitcoin start-up

How are the fees involved in making Bitcoin payments not related to Bitcoin?? a solution has to be whole package. If you are considering it from a 'technical' point of view then regular debit/credit cards have already reached that level of efficiency, there is no need to switch to Bitcoin. Sure the fees will probably go down with time that's why I said "not an ideal solution for now" at the start of my comment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:24:59 AM

The big problem in the use of bitcoin is actually using it. There's not alot of places that have heard about bitcoin yet or just don't accept it yet.
That's the worst thing for a currency cause then it becomes less valuable and useful.

That's true but until people are using it digitally I don't think it will much affect its price, as at a moment very few people are spending it physically but still we are sitting at descent price level.

I agree the stores that are going to accept bitcoins are not enough but I do believe that this problem is going to be resolved in the near future.

And we just need to keep on waiting for the price increase of bitcoin so that when these people or stores are going to see that bitcoin is a big currency.

Then they are going to adopt bitcoins in the future.

Signature for rent
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 07:39:39 AM

This is far from being an ideal solution though, at least for now. I too was really excited when I heard about Bitcoin payment cards the first time. The problem is that the fees are quite bad, paying $2 - $4 per transaction is not something I would want to do, then you have loading fee and I think most charge a service fee every month too. Would be great if they implemented an NFC payment system like ApplePay while keeping the fees well under a dollar per transaction  Roll Eyes

I was considering the issue from a technical point of view, obviously. What you mention is not related to Bitcoin as such (high monthly payments, hefty transaction fees, etc). I think debit and credit plastic cards when they had been first introduced were also quite expensive to consumers until real competition kicked in. And now you can have payment cards with no fees altogether...

In my view, it is only a matter of time till the first totally free (free as beer) Bitcoin payment card is issued by some Bitcoin start-up

How are the fees involved in making Bitcoin payments not related to Bitcoin?? a solution has to be whole package. If you are considering it from a 'technical' point of view then regular debit/credit cards have already reached that level of efficiency, there is no need to switch to Bitcoin. Sure the fees will probably go down with time that's why I said "not an ideal solution for now" at the start of my comment.

You seem to be badly misinterpreting my post (hopefully, not intentionally) as well as forgetting what you have been challenging yourself. First, I said that the fees charged due to payments with Bitcoin payment cards are not related to Bitcoin itself. Since this is exactly what you argued ("the fees are quite bad, paying $2 - $4 per transaction"), it is clear that you referred to such fees only and not the fees collected by miners, while now you are talking about fees in general ("the fees involved in making Bitcoin payments"). Second, I specifically emphasized ("[these fees are] not related to Bitcoin as such") that they are, unlike transactional fees charged by miners, not part of Bitcoin, or Bitcoin protocol if that makes it easier for you to understand...

If you can't see the difference, then you are pretty much on your own here

hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:22:40 AM

One big problem i face recently with btc is that there is a few days whereby the transaction of btc need to take up to a few days. So this is very irritating as my trading is stuck and it is actually quite time sensitive and my trading may go bad. I have multiple transaction coming in not recorded, and i have multiple transaction going out too.
KabaaL

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:33:25 AM

the big problem i have , its when i made a paiement and i dont have confirmation since 4 days and i can not do antyhing ....
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:35:37 AM

The big problem using bitcoin is actually to use it cause it's difficult to use when nobody is accepting it we have to get it more known and accepted globally so we can use it in more then just one place.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:39:11 AM

the big problem i have , its when i made a paiement and i dont have confirmation since 4 days and i can not do antyhing ....

Why that does not happen with me at all? I hear a lot of people saying the same thing on this thread while i never faced a problem like that in my transactions, i can't understand how a bitcoin transaction can take as long as four days.
Omegasun

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:42:15 AM

One big problem i face recently with btc is that there is a few days whereby the transaction of btc need to take up to a few days. So this is very irritating as my trading is stuck and it is actually quite time sensitive and my trading may go bad. I have multiple transaction coming in not recorded, and i have multiple transaction going out too.

I encountered too that my transaction is not recorded on blockchain. I think two weeks later when i deposit to luckyb.it site. My balance got deducted by the payment but i didn't saw any transaction history regarding that and my balance is not credited in luckybit site.

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 08:55:18 AM

I encountered too that my transaction is not recorded on blockchain. I think two weeks later when i deposit to luckyb.it site. My balance got deducted by the payment but i didn't saw any transaction history regarding that and my balance is not credited in luckybit site.

If you don't see the outgoing transaction on the blockchain after so long a time, you apparently have an issue with your wallet. What wallet are you using? If you are using an online wallet like Coinbase or Xapo you may want to open a support ticket. Otherwise, you'd better ask in the wallet thread here (if there is one, of course). I'm not very familiar with desktop wallets, so can't help you much with your issue...

But in any case, you can't lose your coins this way

rektDude

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:18:30 AM

The biggest problem of using bitcoins is that allot of users dont know what to do with it so they are only spending it into bullshit and you dont need to do that you know allot of people are putting bitcoins in a stupid place.
Altcoinmoney

Activity: 344

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:51:37 AM

The biggest problem in using the bitcoin is that th eprice is dropping allot and that is not what it suppost to be you know allot of people are argumenting about it but the price of the bitcoin is doing srange things and that is not good.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:52:45 AM

The first one is the increase in the transaction fee and second is the high volatility of Bitcoin though this has reduce of recent compared to Bitcoin early years

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Compa
Legendary

Activity: 1006

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:09:25 AM

The first one is the increase in the transaction fee and second is the high volatility of Bitcoin though this has reduce of recent compared to Bitcoin early years

Diff is too high, the miner need to get a profit. The increased in the transaction fee I think that it is a not problem
because for fast transaction in the network

▄▄██████████████▄▄
             ▄███████████████████████▄
           █████████████████████████████
         ███▀▀█████▀▀ ██  ██  ▀▀██████████
        ██▀ ▄  ▀      ██  ██      ▀█████████
       █▀ ▄██▀        ██  ██        █████████
      ▀ ▄███▌      ███████████▄▄  ▄███████████
      ▄████▌        ▀██████████████████████████
    ▄██████     ██▄   ▀███████████████████████████▀
  ▄████████    █████▄▄  ▀███████████████████████▀
▄██████████    ████████▄  ▀███████████████████▀
    ███████    ██████████▄   ▀██████████████▀ ▄█
    ███████    ████████████▄▄  ▀██████████▀ ▄███
    ███████▌    ██████████████▄  ▀██████▀ ▄████
     ███████      ██████████████▄  ▀██▀ ▄██████
      ███████▄      ▀██████████▀      ████████
       ████████       ██  ██        █████████
        █████████▄    ██  ██     ▄██████████
          ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄███████████
              ▀██████████████████████▀
                  ▀▀████████████▀▀

LocalCoinSwap
   World's Most Inclusive 
         Cryptocurrency Marketplace
[]
██████████████
█████████████████
██░░░░░████████████
██░░░░░██████████████
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
REDDIT
INSTAGRAM
MEDIUM
LINKED IN
STEEMIT
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:32:39 PM

Why that does not happen with me at all? I hear a lot of people saying the same thing on this thread while i never faced a problem like that in my transactions, i can't understand how a bitcoin transaction can take as long as four days.
I do not know what the problem is why the time confirmation can be very long, I've never found or experienced anything like it a confirmation of the longest I've ever experienced was about 3 hours and afterwards got confirmation quickly, maybe it is a problem rare, how to solve it?
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 02:06:45 PM

You seem to be badly misinterpreting my post (hopefully, not intentionally) as well as forgetting what you have been challenging yourself. First, I said that the fees charged due to payments with Bitcoin payment cards are not related to Bitcoin itself. Since this is exactly what you argued ("the fees are quite bad, paying $2 - $4 per transaction"), it is clear that you referred to such fees only and not the fees collected by miners, while now you are talking about fees in general ("the fees involved in making Bitcoin payments"). Second, I specifically emphasized ("[these fees are] not related to Bitcoin as such") that they are, unlike transactional fees charged by miners, not part of Bitcoin, or Bitcoin protocol if that makes it easier for you to understand...

If you can't see the difference, then you are pretty much on your own here

Dude are you even serious right now? So according to you, when I say "fees involved in making Bitcoin payments", in the context of the discussion I would be referring to transaction fees?? I highly suggest you re-read our entire conversation before deciding that you are indeed right. This is my last comment on the topic.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:24:58 PM

I do not know what the problem is why the time confirmation can be very long, I've never found or experienced anything like it a confirmation of the longest I've ever experienced was about 3 hours and afterwards got confirmation quickly, maybe it is a problem rare, how to solve it?

the problem that you are referring to happens in cases when the person who has sent the coins did not include enough fees with his transaction and this is the reason for 99% of the cases you hear complaining about the confirmation time. it is because blocks are full and miners are more willing to include a transaction with higher fees which has a high priority to them.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
KabaaL

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:50:11 PM

that is the problem of why iam scared to invest morte than 10 or 20 btc , because i dont trust yet ,i hear people in israel win like 800 000Euros of btc etc... iam still scare ..
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:00:04 PM

Bitcoin problem can be that bitcoin transactions are slow sometimes and can get stuck. Other major flaw is that we can't really pay anywhere with it yet but that will change and isn't really the fault of bitcoin I guess.
KabaaL

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:11:33 PM

Bitcoin problem can be that bitcoin transactions are slow sometimes and can get stuck. Other major flaw is that we can't really pay anywhere with it yet but that will change and isn't really the fault of bitcoin I guess.
but i see int the forum that you can also pay hotel's room and even prostitute in thail with bitcoins !!! it's amazing lol
krishna1

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:21:23 PM

bitcoin is almost perfect for money transaction just it has issue with the confirmation time and the price movement but it seems like soon these problems will be resolved or else I do not have any problem with these issues

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: