June 17, 2024, 03:15:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you like this thread
Meh
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin  (Read 303278 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:13:22 PM

Vinny Lingham indicators.

More.

Suggests we will get $1300

source: https://twitter.com/VinnyLingham/status/834800028975759360

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

neilol-real

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:17:04 PM

Thanks for keeping this thread updated with high quality and unbiased content!

Looking to me like the chance of a handle forming on the weekly is slimming as we start to enter FOMO mode. Reuters just picked up an ATH article: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-markets-bitcoin-idUSKBN16221V

An ETF rejection would do it..
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:45:57 PM

Thanks for keeping this thread updated with high quality and unbiased content!

Looking to me like the chance of a handle forming on the weekly is slimming as we start to enter FOMO mode. Reuters just picked up an ATH article: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-markets-bitcoin-idUSKBN16221V

An ETF rejection would do it..

yes.

FOMO

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:48:13 PM

My market summary of my thoughts this week

Bitcoin price analysis February 23, 2017

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2017/02/23/bitcoin-price-analysis-february-23-2017/

Reading it...

This week the price of Bitcoin rallied from $980, past $1000 to a monthly high at $1127

When you put it like that the rally is really impressive!

and is now seems intent blowing past an 18 month high.

18 months? Did you mean the Nov 2013 High? That was 51 months ago.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:49:15 PM

ALL time high broken!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have made history. We are witnessing the birth of history.

'I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.'
alan watts

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:51:53 PM

'I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.'
alan watts

Been listening to the guy a lot recently. He has some great insights. Like the related: "time is just a social convention". Can recommend.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:52:37 PM

My market summary of my thoughts this week

Bitcoin price analysis February 23, 2017

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2017/02/23/bitcoin-price-analysis-february-23-2017/

Reading it...

This week the price of Bitcoin rallied from $980, past $1000 to a monthly high at $1127

When you put it like that the rallye is really impressive!

and is now seems intent blowing past an 18 month high.

18 months? Did you mean the Nov 2013 High? That was 51 months ago.

yes. oops.

my mind was on the 18 month Yuan devaluation

or the high of 689 from May 2014.

Sorry about that.

Was writing a couple of articles at the same time.

will edit

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:54:58 PM

alan watts

Been listening to the guy a lot recently. He has some great insights. Like the related: "time is just a social convention". Can recommend.

Ha ha yes!

i love the guy! He has changed my life, opened my eyes to a whole new perspective on the universe.

Will check it out.

this quote above was from

"Time and the more it changes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvc-sxtH7kQ&feature=share

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:55:46 PM

Sorry about that.

no problem. Just writing so you can correct it, not to complain.

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:59:07 PM

I am beginning to feel like a DanV   Huh Grin

perma bear.

Will watch the next weeks keenly.

fingers Xed!Hope I'm right

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:00:04 PM

Sorry about that.

no problem. Just writing so you can correct it, not to complain.

2222 posts!

You are legendary!

How would you describe the current excitement of this ATH versus the last one in 2013?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:05:39 PM

i love the guy! He has changed my life, opened my eyes to a whole new perspective on the universe.

What I like about him is that he uses rational thought, yet arrives at some exciting, astonishing stuff you would expect from maybe a yogi or some "new age hippies" who took too many psychedelics. Removes the need to believe in esoteric stuff (trust some teacher, dogma, religion,...) while you can still have nice things like a soul, "be god" ("the greatest taboo of our society"), "feel connected" and also practical things like "manage your ego", awareness, consciousness and all the stuff like that ;-). He's like a "rational guru".

(sorry to derail the thread, feel free to delete this offtopic stuff)

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:34:26 PM

2222 posts!

I actually wrote 11956 posts here. (what the f..k, that's a lot of posts!), the 2222 is "activity", not sure exactly how that's calculated.

How would you describe the current excitement of this ATH versus the last one in 2013?

Much less exciting than 2013. At least for me personally, but it also feels like this is the case for the community at large. In general I have the impression that in the earlier times we were still "saving the world" and stuff. Now it seems to be more about "making money". Maybe that's normal and to be expected, but for me it dampens the excitement.

Here's a list of "times" in Bitcoin history I have witnessed in order of decreasing level of excitement:

• most exciting time: definitely Jan to April 2013 ($266 high). Why? Bitcoin was making a comeback after it was called dead many times. Autumn/Winter 2011 was sooo painful and there was the fear that it was really over, that it just wouldn't work or not be accepted by anyone but a few cryptonerds and silverbugs. 2012 didn't give much hope, either. Scams, ponzis (remember pirateat40?) pricewise pretty much sideways well below the $32 ATH. The halfing didn't have any immediate effect (delayed effect expected by me, but not generally), but My god, it wasn't a good time, really. When that fear finally passed in early 2013, euphoria ensued. Clearly the first halfing did it's job and the future looked bright again. Also: cyprus and the media hype made it look possible that bitcoin might move into the consciousness of the masses as a safe haven and tool to stick it to the banksters.
  • second most exciting time: Summer 2011 (32$ high). Why? Gamer kids GPU-mined the shit out of bitcoin and it became increasingly clear to me that the hopes were correct and the incentives were working really well. Also bitcoin gained some exposure in media and Roger Ver put up billboards with huge BITCOIN ads in the states. Merchants started accepting and the silkroad and gambling had emerged as viable use cases.
  • third most exciting: $1 parity in early 2011. Why? I was new to bitcoin... everything was exciting, especially reaching $1 parity. Not a high, though: it kept right on going.
  • fourth most exciting: November 2013 ($1163). Why? What a surprise! What is this? The Chinese? Wow, this is really going global now.
  • fifth most exciting: Feb 2017 ($1xxx). Why only fifth place? Well, the biggest dampener is that this is happening at a time when Bitcoin has a really big problem and doesn't seem to be able to solve it and is bleeding users and value to alts. I can't help but think about how far we would've already gone had the scaling issue been solved (or kicked down the road) in 2015. The rally might also be largely built on sand (ETF) and/or turn out to be a pump & dump,.. too early to tell (I don't think so, btw, we still haven't seen the full effect of the latest halving in my mind)

note: these are my totally subjective personal impressions but I wouldn't be suprised if they matched the impressions of large parts of the community in general

quake313

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:42:14 PM

2222 posts!

I actually wrote 11956 posts here. (what the f..k, that's a lot of posts!), the 2222 is "activity", not sure exactly how that's calculated.

Much less exciting than 2013. At least for me personally, but it also feels like this is the case for the community at large. In general I have the impression that in the earlier times we were still "saving the world" and stuff. Now it seems to be more about "making money". Maybe that's normal and to be expected, but for me it dampens the excitement.

Here's a list of "times" in Bitcoin history I have witnessed in order of decreasing level of excitement:

• most exciting time: definitely Jan to April 2013 ($266 high). Why? Bitcoin was making a comeback after it was called dead many times. Autumn/Winter 2011 was sooo painful and there was the fear that it was really over, that it just wouldn't work or not be accepted by anyone but a few cryptonerds and silverbugs. 2012 didn't give much hope, either. Scams, ponzis (remember pirateat40?) pricewise pretty much sideways well below the $32 ATH. The halfing didn't have any immediate effect (delayed effect expected by me, but not generally), but My god, it wasn't a good time, really. When that fear finally passed in early 2013, euphoria ensued. Clearly the first halfing did it's job and the future looked bright again. Also: cyprus and the media hype made it look possible that bitcoin might move into the consciousness of the masses as a safe haven and tool to stick it to the banksters.
  • second most exciting time: Summer 2011 (32$ high). Why? Gamer kids GPU-mined the shit out of bitcoin and it became increasingly clear to me that the hopes were correct and the incentives were working really well. Also bitcoin gained some exposure in media and Roger Ver put up billboards with huge BITCOIN ads in the states. Merchants started accepting and the silkroad and gambling had emerged as viable use cases.
  • third most exciting: $1 parity in early 2011. Why? I was new to bitcoin... everything was exciting, especially reaching $1 parity. Not a high, though: it kept right on going.
  • fourth most exciting: November 2013 ($1163). Why? What a surprise! What is this? The Chinese? Wow, this is really going global now.
  • fifth most exciting: Feb 2017 ($1xxx). Why only fifth place? Well, the biggest dampener is that this is happening at a time when Bitcoin has a really big problem and doesn't seem to be able to solve it and is bleeding users and value to alts. I can't help but think about how far we would've already gone had the scaling issue been solved (or kicked down the road) in 2015. The rally might also be largely built on sand (ETF) and/or turn out to be a pump & dump,.. too early to tell (I don't think so, btw, we still haven't seen the full effect of the latest halving in my mind)

note: these are my totally subjective personal impressions but I wouldn't be suprised if they matched the impressions of large parts of the community in general

The whole scaling debacle has me perplexed, politics always ruins everything...
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:43:57 PM

More of my wave 5 theory

2 possibilities of how wave 5 will form.

H& S

Ending diagonal/ Leading diagonal

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:49:27 PM

2222 posts!

Exactly why i asked (in bold).

Look at what i highlighted in bold, versus the Elliott Wave B theory (ie we are in a large fractal corrective B wave from $196 August 2015) and look at what wikipedia says about wave B.

i do not think this is a mere coincidence. For me, what you say chimes with what i have suspected.

The fundamentals of Bitcoin are not *ripe* for another bull cycle.

Here is wikipedia on wave B

""Wave B: Prices reverse higher, which many see as a resumption of the now long-gone bull market. Those familiar with classical technical analysis may see the peak as the right shoulder of a head and shoulders reversal pattern. The volume during wave B should be lower than in wave A. By this point, fundamentals are probably no longer improving, but they most likely have not yet turned negative.""

and of wave 5

""Wave 5: Wave five is the final leg in the direction of the dominant trend. The news is almost universally positive and everyone is bullish. Unfortunately, this is when many average investors finally buy in, right before the top. Volume is often lower in wave five than in wave three, and many momentum indicators start to show divergences (prices reach a new high but the indicators do not reach a new peak). At the end of a major bull market, bears may very well be ridiculed (recall how forecasts for a top in the stock market during 2000 were received).""

source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_wave_principle

I wish RynDiClem or eBoard were here to offer their counts.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

shannen87

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:49:34 PM

More of my wave 5 theory

H& S

Afrikoin? I just wondering, why most of your post, almost 80% are so pessimistic? You're always writing something like, BTC will go down, Bears are coming whatever.. Its just getting annoying
quake313

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:51:03 PM

More of my wave 5 theory

H& S

Afrikoin? I just wondering, why most of your post, almost 80% are so pessimistic? You're always writing something like, BTC will go down, Bears are coming whatever.. Its just getting annoying

Someone has to be a bear  Grin
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:56:27 PM

More of my wave 5 theory

H& S

In bold...

Why?

I share both bullish and bearish charts. You can have your pick.

I am leaning bearish. Not now, but sometime after a top.

So in a way, i am both bullish and bearish.

I would say maybe it is because you are new here. I see you registered in 2017!

It takes time to appreciate that the market can go either way.

If its annoying you, do not bother coming here.

Or click ignore

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:00:08 PM

2222 posts!

The whole scaling debacle has me perplexed, politics always ruins everything...

The debate is quietly making a comeback

It is not pretty. And not good for price.

It seems we may settle for Segwit + Hardfork

Which worries me.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: