Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 02:15:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378936 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4662
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:18:41 PM

You guys do realize that the people in control of Bitcoin and its future direction are not participating in this thread, right?

Just wondering.

It's hard to know exactly who reads exactly what.  And when they do so, and why.  If the thread has periods of entertainment value I suspect it gets read by a variety of people in their leisure time if nothing else.

It is also the case that an individual's 'productivity' usually waxes and wanes.  Some people who are diddling around and figuring things out now and probably going to end up taking enough of an interest to make viable contributions of one nature or another in the future.  Just as some people who are very active in certain operational spheres now are destined to lose interest and drift away in the future.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
uxgpf

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:30:43 PM

You guys do realize that the people in control of Bitcoin and its future direction are not participating in this thread, right?

Just wondering.

Who are these people? If you can name them I'd like to ask them about bitcoin's future direction. If they are in control they will surely know it exactly. You know, like a person who is in control of a car surely knows where it's heading. Smiley
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:38:14 PM

And how sidechains solve the scaling exactly? It just moves the bloat elsewhere where people will have to run full bloat sidechain nodes. It's a pathetic solution that complicates everything for almost no gain.

Sidechains are part of an orthogonal scaling solution.  The "pathetic solution" is bloating Layer 1 until it loses it's unique properties, and then breaks.  XT is the canonical implementation of such a pathetic solution.  That's why it's fukkin' #R3KT, with no chance of ever winning.   Grin

Just wanna point out to you the contradictory observation of your signature exposing the debt-based money scam and your misunderstanding of the primary purpose of Bitcoin being creative destruction rather than scaling to fit a decrepit consumer culture created by the debt-based money scam in the first place... Wink Decentralization and fungibility must be kept to the maximum possible. Orthogonal scaling solutions are exactly the kind of thing we'd want, not a parallel fork. Imagine if TCP/IP had been bloated beyond 40-byte headers or larger maximum payloads? Increasing max block size also increases the applicability of the withholding timing attack.

Well, whoever wanted to split the community the way Gavin and Mike did, DESERVES TO FAIL.

You talk to people if you want changes, you do not introduce parallel BTC.
I concur. What was proposed was more than risky in this case. 75% is nowhere near enough, and trying to take over power does not make it better. This is one of the main reasons for which I have showed my dissatisfaction with XT and both Hearn and Gavin.

Still fighting your proxy war, dear iCEMAN?

XT has already won
Oh the irony that you're failing to see here.

Do you also dislike having several political candidates to vote on?
This analogy is wrong. This is not a democracy.

It is democracy. Some centralist/authoritarian devs and teir followers think it is centralism/authoritarianism/fascism, but it isn't.

Are you sure you really actually understand what democracy (statism) is? Watch this... if you can handle it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5mZ5FBHg0A

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
uxgpf

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:11:14 PM

@btcusury & MLauda

So we shouldn't allow miners to vote by choosing the software they run? (and how exactly are you going to dictate and prevent that?)

That was the core of my comparison. I never mentioned democracy, so lets get back on track.
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:16:49 PM

Are you sure you really actually understand what democracy (statism) is? Watch this... if you can handle it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5mZ5FBHg0A

Yes, since I live in the most democratic democracy on this planet, I know what democracy is.
The majority rules via institutions. That's similar in the Bitcoin-World.

There is only one human organisation that is better than democracy: anarchy. But anarchy and consensus is only possible in nuclear communities. They are self-sufficient and don't trade with aliens.
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:19:42 PM

@btcusury & MLauda

So we shouldn't allow miners to vote by choosing the software they run? (and how exactly are you going to dictate and prevent that?)

That was the core of my comparison. I never mentioned democracy, so let's get back on track.

Nodes run the software, not miners (although of course it is preferable that miners validate transactions they mine by also running full nodes themselves)

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:21:08 PM

Yes, since I live in the most democratic democracy on this planet, I know what democracy is.

There is only one human organisation that is better than democracy: anarchy. But anarchy and consensus is only possible in nuclear communities. They are self-sufficient and don't trade with aliens.

So please explain again how are votes distributed in this Bitcoin democracy?

How do you determine "majority"?

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

In the same way as in a democracy. Votes are distributed between miners, devs, nodes, merchants, users, bitcointalkers etc.
Some have more charisma and influence, some less.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:37:39 PM

In the same way as in a democracy. Votes are distributed between miners, devs, nodes, merchants, users, bitcointalkers etc.

there is no votes. Roll Eyes

what that over simplified brain dead analogy with your beloved democracy.

pathetic statist.

Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:43:44 PM

pathetic statist.

Can't you read, pathetic fascist? There is only one human organisation that is better than democracy: anarchy. But anarchy and consensus is only possible in nuclear communities. They are self-sufficient and don't trade with aliens.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:00:35 PM

pathetic statist.

Can't you read, pathetic fascist? There is only one human organisation that is better than democracy: anarchy. But anarchy and consensus is only possible in nuclear communities. They are self-sufficient and don't trade with aliens.

Bitcoin is human organisation. It is consensus driven. Thank you  Smiley

Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:02:49 PM

pathetic statist.

Bitcoin is human organisation. It is consensus driven. Thank you  Smiley

No, there is no consensus. On which planet do you live?
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:04:42 PM

Grin hitting a nerve here?

again: NO VOTES IN BITCOIN.
you just have the choice to abide, or leave (just like what gavin did with his XT ph0rk).

here, have sum jelly..

good for the brain deadz statists.

Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:18:07 PM

you just have the choice to abide, or leave (just like what gavin did with his XT ph0rk).

Votes and choice everywhere in the Bitcoin environment. There is VOTE and CHOICE of the forum to go, the implementation to run, the mining pool to join etc.
You are the statist. I vote for anarchy.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:25:49 PM

Just wondering.

Who are these people? If you can name them I'd like to ask them about bitcoin's future direction. If they are in control they will surely know it exactly. You know, like a person who is in control of a car surely knows where it's heading. Smiley

Here you go. Ask away. Oh, prepare to be ignored unless you ask your questions on the TBF forum.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/graphs/contributors

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:27:47 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2015, 07:00:45 PM by hdbuck

Votes and choice everywhere in the Bitcoin environment. There is VOTE and CHOICE of the forum to go, the implementation to run, the mining pool to join etc.

lmao, anarchy, so kul! ^^

But no.

bitcoin is no anarchy, bitcoin is organized mathematics (ie. protocol).

bitcoin is no democracy, bitcoin is decentralized consensus (ie. vote-proof).

bitcoin has far too much entropy now, and has spread well too much, to be highjacked by you statist - pretending to be anarchists, wow ^^ - clueless puppets and your shinny corporate businesses masters.

now have sum moar jelly...

yummy yummy!!
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:53:21 PM

Consensus! So funny.
Who? Gavin and the Popescu? You and me?

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:56:05 PM

Consensus! So funny.

no, everybody and nobody at the same time, hence the vote-proof Wink

dam you man..

edit: moar jelly jellyhustra?! Grin

ah nah im done you on ignore now.

yummy yummy bye bye Smiley
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:02:08 PM

Consensus! So funny.

no, everybody and nobody at the same time

marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:04:24 PM

No, there is no consensus. On which planet do you live?

Consensus of ideas? Who cares -- we will never achieve that. Consensus of the protocol? We already have consensus -- after all, there is only one blockchain. Now, if one wants to recklessly scale with tunnel vision of what scaling means (unequivocal, limitless or near-limitless block size), achieving protocol consensus is simple: maintain the status quo, ignore the reckless implementation until a reasonable approach makes itself apparent that will be supported by the miners. Everything else is speculative nonsense.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: