Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:14:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:22:17 PM

vomits his bile

Everybody out there is talking laughing about the ideas of Peter R.
Nobody is talking about the ideas of the brg and that mod.
Which is no surprise.

FTFY

While irrelevant laughing clowns are exposing their irrelevance with their laughter ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNUPhIrt24&spfreload=10

... Peter R.'s Ledger is already mentioned in Nature.

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/ledger-a-journal-about-cryptocurrency-and-blockchain-research.55/#post-1636

That's the difference between Peter R. and irrelevant clowns.

The clowns you refer too are the ones actually working on Bitcoin development which make them more relevant than Peter could ever hope to be.

The clowns I refer to are you and alikes. Gavin (the lead developer before core got compromised) was one of them who made Bitcoin relevant.
At the moment core is compromised and hijacked by stagnators. It won't last. They'll be forced to deliver bigger blocks or to become irrelevant.

By whom?

By market participants that want and need bigger blocks and don't give so much interest anymore about Core implementation.

This minority, no matter how loud it is, is still a minority, therefore if you want bigger blocks better fork off into your own altcoin  Wink

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:35:16 PM

vomits his bile

Which is no surprise.

FTFY

While irrelevant laughing clowns are exposing their irrelevance with their laughter ....

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/ledger-a-journal-about-cryptocurrency-and-blockchain-research.55/#post-1636

The clowns you refer too are the ones actually working on Bitcoin development which make them more relevant than Peter could ever hope to be.

The clowns I refer to are you and alikes. Gavin (the lead developer before core got compromised) was one of them who made Bitcoin relevant.
At the moment core is compromised and hijacked by stagnators. It won't last. They'll be forced to deliver bigger blocks or to become irrelevant.

By whom?

Gavin hasn't done anything significant in Bitcoin in almost two years.

Yes, unfortunately. The result is visible on the chart since the stagnators are in charge.
But then, Peter R. stepped in and told the geeks something about socionomics and the market:

good one

we sure learned a lot from his 5th grader economics 101 class !

Yes. Bitcoin requires interdisciplinary geniuses. Bitcoin cannot be brought forward alone by twenty year old children without any life experience (todd, buterin, nullc, theymos et al.).
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:51:22 PM

vomits his bile

Which is no surprise.

FTFY

By whom?

Gavin hasn't done anything significant in Bitcoin in almost two years.

Yes, unfortunately. The result is visible on the chart since the stagnators are in charge.
But then, Peter R. stepped in and told the geeks something about socionomics and the market:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

good one

we sure learned a lot from his 5th grader economics 101 class !

Maybe you should start from there because you don't seem to know much about economics and markets.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:55:26 PM

vomits his bile

Which is no surprise.

FTFY

By whom?

By market participants that want and need bigger blocks and don't give so much interest anymore about Core implementation.

This minority, no matter how loud it is, is still a minority, therefore if you want bigger blocks better fork off into your own altcoin  Wink

Don't worry that's going to happen when the economic incentives will get there as blocks will be filled out. At that point bitcoin core will be left out in the dust, there is absolutely no doubt about this.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:57:00 PM

More nonsense appeals to authority.

The most authoritative organisation in the world is the United Nations. And I think the average person can agree: the UN will give a platform to some fully fledged lunatics sometimes (check out the General Assembly just past).

Gavin Andresen could speak at the UN about XT for all I care; the fact that Gavin could arrange such a platform from which to speak does not actually make what he's talking about correct.

Vires in numeris
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:05:49 PM

More nonsense appeals to authority.

The most authoritative organisation in the world is the United Nations.

Complete nonsense. The UN is ruled by a majority (of authoritative and less authoritative countries). It is authoritative, but clearly not the most authoritative. Saudia Arabia, North Korea et al. are more authoritative. Thinking before posting is never a disadvantage.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:12:39 PM

Don't worry that's going to happen when the economic incentives will get there as blocks will be filled out. At that point bitcoin core will be left out in the dust, there is absolutely no doubt about this.

I'm quoting this for postery. Can't wait to pull it out of my bag again, and again, and again.  Cheesy

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:12:56 PM

Why would someone with the background of Peter R. choose to debate with a bunch of nobodys on the most unrestricted trolling forum the interwebz has to offer. If he really is that guy, I would think his education and intelligence would keep him from ever making an account here.

I have the utmost respect for Tony Gallippi and the entire BitPay team because they stopped posting and responding on this forum years ago.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:14:14 PM

Why would someone with the background of Peter R. choose to debate with a bunch of nobodys on the most unrestricted trolling forum the interwebz has to offer. If he really is that guy, I would think his education and intelligence would keep him from ever making an account here.

He has a P.R. job to do  Wink

VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:14:20 PM

Reminding people here that not everyone has the same perspective of the people that seem to be shouting the loudest on this thread. I think that Peter R's work is valuable and I respect his opinion. I support BIP101 because at this time it is still the only implementation of Bitcoin which increases the blocksize. I think that a third alternative will most likely be adopted which I would support as well instead of BIP101 as soon as it is implemented, especially if it represents a middle ground between these two extremes. I do not support censorship and I do not think that XT is a take over or a coup of Bitcoin.

Here is an article I have written on the subject explaining my perspective:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1164464.0

This is why I think that leaving the block size at one megabyte would not be good for Bitcoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946236.0
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:18:44 PM

vomits his bile

Which is no surprise.

FTFY

By whom?

Yes, either that, or the stagnators are successful to "prolong the stalemate, which is the preferred outcome of Team Core" (ICEBREAKER)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg12067133#msg12067133

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:19:12 PM

Reminding people here that not everyone has the same perspective of the people that seem to be shouting the loudest on this thread. I think that Peter R's work is valuable and I respect his opinion. I support BIP101 because at this time it is still the only implementation of Bitcoin which increases the blocksize. I think that a third alternative will most likely be adopted which I would support as well instead of BIP101 as soon as it is implemented, especially if it represents a middle ground between these two extremes. I do not support censorship and I do not think that XT is a take over or a coup of Bitcoin.

This is why I think that leaving the block size at one megabyte would not be good for Bitcoin:

Angry

I wish I could censor you outta my thread, you're so damn boring

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:28:51 PM

I'm quoting this for postery. Can't wait to pull it out of my bag again, and again, and again.  Cheesy

As you which but I won't have any merit on this prediction as it is just 5th grader economics 101 class so there is nothing really impressive here.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:33:11 PM

I'm quoting this for postery. Can't wait to pull it out of my bag again, and again, and again.  Cheesy

As you which but I won't have any merit on this prediction as it is just 5th grader economics 101 class so there is nothing really impressive there.

Sure, let's see you on the other side  Wink Although knowing how little honor you shills have I wouldn't be surprised if you don't show your face here ever again.

Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:45:29 PM

Angry

I wish I could censor you outta my thread, you're so damn boring

q.e.d.
and you are also posting in his thread.
That's exactly the mentality of the censors.
O nausea! nausea! nausea!
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:46:33 PM

As you which but I won't have any merit on this prediction as it is just 5th grader economics 101 class so there is nothing really impressive there.

Sure, let's see you on the other side  Wink Although knowing how little honor you shills have I wouldn't be surprised if you don't show your face here ever again.

Huh? What is honourable about using a system that doesn't deliver and does't fits the market needs?

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:02:47 PM

Sure, let's see you on the other side  Wink Although knowing how little honor you shills have I wouldn't be surprised if you don't show your face here ever again.

Huh? What is honourable about using a system that doesn't deliver and does't fits the market needs?

You prick, bitcoin delivers perfectly and fits its market marvelously.
Again, holding the private keys is the only thing that really matters for authentic bitcoiners.

Fork off man im sick of you corporatist wannabes. Friggin parasites. Angry
coalitionfor8mb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:03:02 PM

Sure, let's see you on the other side  Wink Although knowing how little honor you shills have I wouldn't be surprised if you don't show your face here ever again.

The whole idea of transacting on blockchain is to keep it open, transparent and accessible. Without necessary measures (like block size limit) intended to prevent it from bloating, sinking and eventually getting locked in those large data-centers, Bitcoin won't be any more attractive than today's fiat. As it stands now, Bitcoin does deliver as advertised.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:03:05 PM

We can start discussing it when you accept that the "market need" is not some half-baked VISA competitor, until then.... back to your homeworks  Wink

coalitionfor8mb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:06:52 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 07:25:00 PM by coalitionfor8mb

You prick, bitcoin delivers perfectly and fits its market marvelously.
Again, holding the private keys is the only thing that really matters for authentic bitcoiners.

If you count "private" access to blockchain among those "keys", then yeah, it's all that matters!
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: