Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:55:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard)  (Read 961402 times)
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 03:10:29 PM

Why do you think its only my responsibility to pump the price up? Expanse is an open source project. My responsibility as a developer is to maintain the network and increase its utility the best I can. Its incredibly unfair to say its also my job to pump it for you. What speculators spend their money is completely outside the scope of our control. If you think its undervalued, buy some, if you think itd over valued, sell some. If you think that enough people don't know about it then do your part to raise awareness. We are all in this together.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitm0099

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:15:05 PM

Why do you think its only my responsibility to pump the price up? Expanse is an open source project. My responsibility as a developer is to maintain the network and increase its utility the best I can. Its incredibly unfair to say its also my job to pump it for you. What speculators spend their money is completely outside the scope of our control. If you think its undervalued, buy some, if you think itd over valued, sell some. If you think that enough people don't know about it then do your part to raise awareness. We are all in this together.

You must bring investors this role as well as support in trading platforms
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 03:28:18 PM

You must bring investors this role as well as support in trading platforms

In the meantime you can help. Smiley

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
GaPR

Activity: 353
Merit: 13

coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:50:32 PM

Weak location EXP, this lack of a clear white paper with flying ideas and a strong team.  It's time to make a fork with a new coin is not enough.

{Dev coinBusiness -  🔹0x7bbd8533A9096d490B378f4c8fB226Fc0e05FdEb🔹 , }
pubix

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:57:13 PM

When could LAB hit the markets?
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:14:53 PM

Are there any improvements made in last couple of months? Or is there any link i could read about it/them?

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:04:33 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 12:19:55 PM by Pffrt

Are there any improvements made in last couple of months? Or is there any link i could read about it/them?

Not really, the team is all over the place. Tokenlab, website redesign, DAO, EXP.Pay, EXP.Life, VoteLock, whitepaper, marketing, EXR.... Honestly i'm losing track of all the things they are attempting.

NONE of these things are finished. Note that most of these products were announced in the beginning of this year, and NOTHING has been delivered, except EXR. Most of them haven't even started yet!
I've tried talking to them about it but they get frustrated and don't want to listen, and eventually kicked me out of the slack.

A good project has a clear roadmap and clear goals. The Expanse team tries to do everything at the same time and as a result everything is half-assed.

They were supposed to launch a roadmap in June. After half a year not even a draft has been released. How do you even operate without a roadmap???

There is just a complete lack of direction - there is no capable CEO is able to oversee the big picture and prioritize the steps needed to get to the goal.

I used to like this project but it turned out to be the biggest disappointment of all my investments, nothing substantially happened after giving them a year to accomplish something, and i know nothing's going to change because they make the same mistakes again and again.

Some things have happened and there are some ICO's lined up, so things are slowly progressing, but man it could have been so much more, and so much better. The product i expected when i invested initially was and is still great, but i have little confidence it will ever get there. At some point someone will get a similar idea and execute it better, and Expanse will be lost. Like NXT was lost to NEM.

Honestly they are not scammers, they mean well but they are just completely incapable of managing a project. Let alone something of this magnitude.

Then why am i writing this? Well this message has 2 purposes:
1) To point investors in the right direction - which things to look at when they have invested.
2) To hope that the team gets their shit together: Understand what you're doing, why you are doing it, and prioritize. Figure out, in detail, what the hell you want to build and how it will work. Then make a step by step plan with SMART goals to get there.

Now in response to this message they are going to say: He is a shill, paid by Ubiq or whatever. But they will not look at their process and try to figure out what they're doing wrong. They dropped 200 spots on CMC and still think it's because "BTC is doing so well", or "People are paid to make us look bad".
I'm not a shill, i'm not paid by anyone - my account is almost 4 year old. I'm just terribly, terribly disappointed.
Victorio

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:23:45 PM

Pffrt,
I agree with you on every point.
2 months ago I did some research on Expanse progress and many planned deliverables have been delayed for 2-3-4 months.
The roadmap and information about infrastructure dApps were moved to less transparent locations. It is unclear whether identity and social networking dApps will be ever released by Expanse.
TokenLab platform already misses the deadline for Nov-Dec, no ICOs are on sight and hopefully that will not change.
I also asked sensitive questions and the reaction was the same - going on personal attacks rather than answering the technical details I was interested in.

Pffrt

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:27:56 PM

Pffrt,
2 months ago I did some research on Expanse progress and many planned deliverables have been delayed for 2-3-4 months.
The roadmap and information about infrastructure dApps were moved to less transparent locations. It is unclear whether identity and social networking dApps will be ever released by Expanse.
TokenLab platform already misses the deadline for Nov-Dec, no ICOs are on sight and hopefully that will not change.
I also asked sensitive questions and the reaction was the same - going on personal attacks rather than answering the technical details I was interested in.

Wow i'm so glad i'm not the only one, thanks!
Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:45:32 PM

It is so weird. In April I've put Expanse in one line with Lisk. And thought the EXP have more chances to the Moon than LSK. But... Why EXPANCE not in one line with LISK now?

China's decision to ban ICOs affected Tokenlab pretty hard.

True that. But I think that ban isn't constant, they're going to open the market for cryptocurrency in nearest future. Let's cross the fingers anyway. Tongue
coolkudos

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:26:16 PM

Prrrrft is just salty he got banned from the slack for concern trolling. This is literally all he has ever done in the expanse slack. Atleast a few times a week he would do this. Ask anyone from the EXP chat.
coolkudos

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:29:28 PM

Pffrt,

I have never ever seen you in any expanse community channel and i'm in all of them.
scottii

Activity: 804
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 10:59:29 PM

Not really, the team is all over the place. Tokenlab, website redesign, DAO, EXP.Pay, EXP.Life, VoteLock, whitepaper, marketing, EXR.... Honestly i'm losing track of all the things they are attempting.

NONE of these things are finished. Note that most of these products were announced in the beginning of this year, and NOTHING has been delivered, except EXR. Most of them haven't even started yet!
I've tried talking to them about it but they get frustrated and don't want to listen, and eventually kicked me out of the slack.

A good project has a clear roadmap and clear goals. The Expanse team tries to do everything at the same time and as a result everything is half-assed.

They were supposed to launch a roadmap in June. After half a year not even a draft has been released. How do you even operate without a roadmap???

There is just a complete lack of direction - there is no capable CEO is able to oversee the big picture and prioritize the steps needed to get to the goal.

I used to like this project but it turned out to be the biggest disappointment of all my investments, nothing substantially happened after giving them a year to accomplish something, and i know nothing's going to change because they make the same mistakes again and again.

Some things have happened and there are some ICO's lined up, so things are slowly progressing, but man it could have been so much more, and so much better. The product i expected when i invested initially was and is still great, but i have little confidence it will ever get there. At some point someone will get a similar idea and execute it better, and Expanse will be lost. Like NXT was lost to NEM.

Honestly they are not scammers, they mean well but they are just completely incapable of managing a project. Let alone something of this magnitude.

1) To point investors in the right direction - which things to look at when they have invested.
2) To hope that the team gets their shit together: Understand what you're doing, why you are doing it, and prioritize. Figure out, in detail, what the hell you want to build and how it will work. Then make a step by step plan with SMART goals to get there.

Now in response to this message they are going to say: He is a shill, paid by Ubiq or whatever. But they will not look at their process and try to figure out what they're doing wrong. They dropped 200 spots on CMC and still think it's because "BTC is doing so well", or "People are paid to make us look bad".
I'm not a shill, i'm not paid by anyone - my account is almost 4 year old. I'm just terribly, terribly disappointed.
I recalling banning you from Slack just because you were always toxic.  Every single time we posted news, made a small accomplishment, or updated the community on, you were extremely critical.  Even on tasks that were "completed", the criticism did not stop.  So yeah, I would definitely call you FUD because a logical investor does not remain a critic when something is completed.
scottii

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 11:00:09 PM

Pffrt,
the only thing that was announced 2-3 months ago was Tokenlab.  Phase 1 has been completed and the project is on target.
scottii

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 11:01:23 PM

It is so weird. In April I've put Expanse in one line with Lisk. And thought the EXP have more chances to the Moon than LSK. But... Why EXPANCE not in one line with LISK now?

China's decision to ban ICOs affected Tokenlab pretty hard.

True that. But I think that ban isn't constant, they're going to open the market for cryptocurrency in nearest future. Let's cross the fingers anyway. Tongue
Agree.  China has banned cryptocurrency more than once.  Each ban has only held them back, which is very hypocritical for them to do being one of the world largest crypto miners.
scottii

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 11:03:25 PM

Prrrrft is just salty he got banned from the slack for concern trolling. This is literally all he has ever done in the expanse slack. Atleast a few times a week he would do this. Ask anyone from the EXP chat.

Check it.  I specifically remember when Chris was talking about doing a charity event for Borderless Charity to give back to the homeless  center, or maybe it was a woman's center.  Anyhow, Prfft went on for about 3 hours saying that what we were doing was wrong.

Who the hell bashes on a charity???
Pffrt

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:24:56 AM

I recalling banning you from Slack just because you were always toxic.  Every single time we posted news, made a small accomplishment, or updated the community on, you were extremely critical.  Even on tasks that were "completed", the criticism did not stop.  So yeah, I would definitely call you FUD because a logical investor does not remain a critic when something is completed.

I sure as hell wasn't toxic, i even vouched for and defended the project a lot in Q2, until i got just extremely frustrated by the team's behavior towards criticism and lack of direction.
I even offered to help you out, several times, because i was seeing what was going wrong, but the team rejected my help.
Of course i get more and more critical when every even slightly sensitive question is met by avoidance and personal attacks.

Of course i'm not going to hype tiny accomplishments because i'm a long term investor - i don't care if you accomplish something which is not relevant for the big picture. If anything, it makes me more frustrated because the team treats it as some massive accomplishment (so many times overhyped), while i already know in a month it'll be forgotten and we're still at square 1.

You expect your investors to jump on your bandwagon and if anybody does otherwise the team feels attacked and feels like these people are toxic. Guess what? That's a shitty attitude for a team. Investors have real concerns and when they voice them there are only 2 options:
-The concern is unjustified so you can explain it away
-The concern IS justified and you should process the feedback.

And if it turns out you are unsuccessful in explaining the concern away, you probably missed something because you either didn't understand the concern correctly or your answer is not sufficient.

I can't believe i have to explain stuff like this, it's elementary.

Take your reaction to my post as a text book example of what's wrong with the Expanse team. Instead of addressing my points one by one and showing you actually do have a plan and know what you're doing, you AGAIN respond by calling my reaction FUD.
I'm a disappointed investor and this forum is the only way to vent my frustration, which is something completely different because you sure as hell fucked up to get me to this point.

N.B.: when i say you fucked up i mean that the team has a complete inability to handle criticism, a bad attitude where they treat people with genuine concerns as toxic, and very poor self-reflections skills. Only the worst of attitudes will get my this worked up.

For the record, i was holding up to 100k EXP for the better part of this year and lost about 30BTC, and i'm not even talking about missed profits. That's my bad, because i invested in a bad team, lesson learned. But maybe that helps to get it through your head why i feel a need to vent here. You treated one of your biggest investors like shit.
Pffrt

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:58:19 AM

Check it.  I specifically remember when Chris was talking about doing a charity event for Borderless Charity to give back to the homeless  center, or maybe it was a woman's center.  Anyhow, Prfft went on for about 3 hours saying that what we were doing was wrong.

Who the hell bashes on a charity???

Now you're just making stuff up, post a screenshot. For the record i always thought the charity was a nice thing and if i did anything to attack it i apologize.

Why are you even trying to discredit me anyway. I haven't said anything that isn't either true or my honest opinion and now i'm being accused of 'concern trolling' and attacking a charity?

That's low man, really low. If anything is toxic in the community it's this right here.
coolkudos

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:17:07 PM

I remember when you trolled about the charity also. You were always toxic as hell in expanse slack. "I offered to help" no you didnt, anytime you would show up all you did was NEG the devs for hours and then be like "but i can help". No wonder they would brush you off and eventually banned you. You are saying the team cant take criticism but you cant take being ignored. Look at how worked up you are because no one takes your "help" serious but why would anyone? Maybe you need to evaluate your approach for the next project you decide to "help".

A typical prrfft encounter on slack.

"you suck you suck you suck you suck, but dont get defensive why are you getting defensive, you suck you suck, but I can help!"  Roll Eyes

I sincerely doubt you ever owned a single EXP let alone 100k. But you can prove it.
coolkudos

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:20:39 PM

I also recall the devs saying they would feel more comfortable with letting you help if you would just drop your whole anon sockpuppet thing. And I dont blame them, because I wouldnt want to work with someone who is constantly negging me and I dont know who they are either. But thats just me.
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: