May 04, 2024, 12:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237558 times)
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:26:09 PM

i dont mean to sound snarky

Ahem...

but it galls me when people make blanket statements like that without proper research or FACTS

I joined Poloniex the first day they traded, I was there when they got hacked, I know the people who run it and I can tell you that they are very jealous of their reputation... Soil will not be on there any time soon. Oh, and it wasn't a "blanket statement", I was being very specific about SOIL and Poloniex, nothing else.

as SOIL continues to improve, both in market capitalization and blockchain built contracts, other exchanges will accept us easily

Isn't this what I said?

I'm not trying to bring a downer on here, I am just stating the obvious.

Do I sound snarky now?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:13:00 AM

something i stumbled across:

https://www.ethernodes.org/network/42

this shows SOILs overall nodes. not a lot of pretty data, but interesting nonetheless

Interesting, thanks for that!

energycoin.operations

Activity: 329
Merit: 261

EnergyCoin Green CryptoCurrency

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 09:46:04 PM

Working on Final Details of ROKOS v5 Flavors, will start uploading in the next hours to get it ready for Release.

Coins Included in this coming Release: BTC, OK, BLK/BC, GMC, DMD, DGC, ERC, ENRG, SOIL, METAL, TX, MOJO.

Check http://rokos.space/downloads.html for the downloads tomorrow I hope.

This profile is managed by www.EnergyCoinfoundation.org
EnergyCoin Foundation wallet: eKvWBxxEa8APp73281vPtCctXhjm5bg89D
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:36:30 PM

Hoping the hash power eventually starts to increase on here and gets the notice that it needs. Surprised to see it been around 6 months and not noticed it early on but got me a fair share of coins minted and stocked for the future. Hoping to see that this does prevail and comes up in the ranks and maybe someday sees the top 20 Smiley What are the next updates for this. Are they going to be any new miner software come out than the current one out for this algo or any modded versions?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
OKtoshi
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:01:19 AM

ROKOS v5 Flavors Released!

Support thread: ROKOS Flavors

Visit the New ROKOS website at: http://rokos.space

ROKOS v5 "Flavors" Released. Full OS with Cryptocurrency Clients, full nodes and much more. Faster, Easier, Stronger.

Just Burn and Click to Start your own Cryptocurrency Full Node or Client

Cryptocurrency and the Internet of Things
Flavors: Raspbian based OS with integrated Cryptocurrencies Clients, Nodes ready for use.

We've seen new services selling "stake miners" for different currencies, we support the new technology and uses for cryptocurrencies in the Raspberry Pi environments, hence we came up with a Free solution for every IoT enthusiast, developer, user, service that want to use their IoT devices with BTC, OK and more cryptocurrencies, or that would like to turn their Pi into a Staking device, It already integrates a fully functional Bitcoin + 11 Cryptocurrencies Clients and nodes as well to provide the users with the best and easier Out of the Box experience.

v5 "Flavors" Released

The First OS image release that merges the full power of Raspberry Pi 2, Banana Pi PRO & IoT Devices with Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies:
- ROKOS v5 "Flavors" comes with integrated Cryptocurrencies Clients / nodes .

Distribution aimed for everyone, from new Pi users to Pi Developers, Ease of use Out of the Box.
Download & Burn, Ready for use.

March 07 2016

ROKOS v5 "flavors" for Raspberry Pi 2 - Download (2.2Gb)
March 07 2016
MD5 Checksum:
SHA-1 Checksum:
SHA-256 Checksum:
SHA-512 Checksum:

ROKOS History releases link.

*Official Download Links - Do Not Download from other sources, posts, links to ensure the security of your downloads*

Specs:

v5 "flavors" Release (Pi2) March 07 2016
- Full burnable OS Compatible with the Raspberry Pi systems.
- Full System / Programs Upgrade.
- Full Design Upgrade.
- Iceweasel browser.
- Autolog.
- Debian.
- Java Dev Tools.
- Easier to Use mod Update.
- Security and Optimization Update.
- Updated Out of the box Firewall ready for use (gui) (start in terminal: gufw)
- Includes Qt and complete set of Dev tools (For developers)
- Includes Qt 3.2.1 Native / Qt 5.5.1 for Cross compile !
- Works with other cryptocurrencies.
- 1024mb swap mod.
- Updated Cryptocurrencies Included:
Bitcoin, OKCash, Blackcoin, Gamecredits, Digitalcoin, Diamondcoin,
Energycoin, Europecoin, Soil, Metalcoin, Transfercoin, Mojocoin.
(Readme.txt)
- Custom Login and Wallpapers.
- Cryptocurrencies nodes at /usr/local/bin/
- Easy Clients / Nodes Upgrades.
- Direct access to the Clients Via: Task bar and Menu > Internet.
- ZIP file - Compression: 2.2Gb image to download, 6.1GB uncompressed to burn.

Requirements:
ROKOS v5 "flavors":
- Raspberry Pi 2 (Pi2 full power use by debian jessie base)

- Min 8gb SD card and an External device (usb / hdd / ssd). To sync the Cryptocurrencies chains on the external device instead of the SD card.

Future Versions:
- Security updates.
- Chain Updates.
- More Cryptocurrencies will be integrated for an Out of the Box experience and adoption.
- Designs Updates.
- More wallets, programs or features, based on users/communities/developers feedback, support and/or cross collaborations.

ROKOS v5 "flavors" Screen Shots

"ROKOS" Initial Setup

1.- Download and Burn the ROKOS Image to a micro SD Card like you would with any other Pi Distro.
March 01 2016
ROKOS v5 "flavors" - DOWNLOAD

Steps for first boot

*Raspberry Pi 2:
User: pi / Password: raspberry , follow normal setup.

a) Type: sudo raspi-config
b) Set your Time Zone, change your pi user password and Expand the file system, restart.
After restart the system you can type:  "startx"   to start the user desktop.
c) System ready for use.

Welcome to the ROKOS Desktop

Final steps / BTC and OK Clients

a) Go to Menu > Internet and Click on your favorite Cryptocurrency Wallet

This will open the Cryptocurrency wallet and start sync.

*For some Cryptocurrencies the initial sync might take some days, wallets are fully usable after being fully Synchronized.

b) Always remember to make constant backups of your wallets and save them in USB or external media.

Use your wallets in ROKOS to plug HW and mine, Send/Receive, Stake, Share,
become a full node and support your favorite Cryptocurrency network, develop new applications,
etc, the limit is only in your imagination.

Important Security Notice:
*) Remember to create a backup for your Wallets, you can use the wallets to create them and save in different folders on a USB device.
You should ALWAYS have a backup of your wallet, Raspberry Pi Hardware, Raspbian and ROKOS Software are under development hence not responsible for missuses, electrical or compatibility issues that might cause a loss of information. It is as secure as one's ability to take care for it, same as a computer, so always have a backup of your wallets on an external device.

*) Some people tend to recommend getting a 128Gb MicroSD HC (High speed) , at the same time it does work, I do not recommend this solution, as microSD cards tend to get corrupted by the number of overwrites, to ensure the best functionality and security you should use an external HDD/USB storage device to store the chains.

You can start testing and developing new integration with ROKOS and your favorite cryptocurrencies for your IoT projects.

ROKOS is Released for Free to support Bitcoin OK and the crypto environment adoption
If you find this work valuable or if it helped your project and You would like to support feel free to share your donations at

BTC  15VrDkat5vD4FfycRk3E4e7EgqftzK6tm8
OK  PWZg5F7NurKDNGdckRpQgmShEQhEHmF5W5
GMC  GcVNPqcDdqZLbEh65eyo4ADPEKBsU4tyLi
BLK  B8kBAXZbkXDKJ9Zu7dcarUCp8SfnyoKWVe
DMD  dLSokViLNuMD1q6kssWMtv9vvgau4Yo5GV
DGC  DQfpBXe11e7YnWmyNpeg6wkESiWN1ENEPp
ENRG  e7t3em8YTwFRXeSQtXumhDBqQzzphoiQnu
ERC  EKz7czViBqwSu8Ne2omxaznMnkAY4FqkJB
METAL  MNgjwErYStsEfyKiSoUfyoX877kZcSpmZG
MOJO  MSztn2BwFjhgm9e5nEBwDzAr1r4UcxYLRY
TX  Tk38sE6rLz63JtbErecGgqJxdB5RKMdnbz
SOIL  0x3df2e34602fd5711b2f32daebeff96df0a4df113

"Empower yourself and build your own Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies Fullnode Guide"

ROKOS Guide from zero! Full steps for New Users
by SwedishBitMiner

---Prepare the MicroSD/MicroSDHC card---

(I did this on a Windows computer, and I dont know what tool to use for Mac to install the iso file Image burner, for this guide you will have to figure out that yourself, if you use Mac)

1. Download and install SD Formatter 4.0 (This is the tool to format the SD card) from:
Windows: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/SDFormatterv4.zip
Mac: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_mac/SDFormatter_4.00B.pkg
(or find it yourself at: https://sdcard.org/downloads)

2. Insert the MicroSD/MicroSDHC card into your PC/Mac. (You will probably need an MicroSD to SD adapter for this).

3. Start SD Formatter 4.0 and click the [Option] button. In there you change from "FORMAT TYPE: QUICK" to "FORMAT TYPE: (FULL)Erase", just leave the "FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT" in OFF and click the [OK] button so start the format. When the card is completely formatted click the [Exit] button to close SD Formatter.

4. Download and install Win32 Disk Imager (This is the iso file Image burner) from:
Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/files/latest/download

5. Download ROKOS Core (rokos5.img.zip) and unzip the ISO file (This is the awesome ROKOS Core "Operating System" that we are going to install on the SD card) from:
Download: http://bit.ly/rokos5flavors
(or find it yourself at: http://rokos.space

6. Start Win32 Disk Imager, press the "little blue folder" and select the "rokos5.img" file that you did extract. Make sure your SD card is selected in the list to the right and press the [Write] button. It will tell you that it can corrupt the SD card, just press [Yes] to continue the installation, when the installation to the SD card is done press the [Exit] button to close Win32 Disk Imager.

7. Now "Safely remove" your SD card from the computer.

8. Put the MicroSD/MicroSDHC card in your Raspberry Pi 2, and make sure you got an USB Keyboard, Monitor (via HDMI), and and Internet cable connected to the Raspberry Pi 2 before you connect the power cable to your Raspberry Pi 2.

---Installing ROKOS ---
(The first boot of ROKOS )

1. Type:
Code:
sudo raspi-config
(and press enter)

2. Select:
Code:
1. Expand Filesystem
(and press enter) press enter again on the <Ok> button.

3. Select:
Code:
2. Change user password
(and press enter) press enter again on the <Ok> button. Type a new password (you will not see the letters) and press enter, type your new password again, and press enter. Then press the <Ok> button.

4. Select:
Code:
5. Internationalization Options
(and press enter) Then select:
Code:
I2. Change Timezone
(Choose your timezone)

5. Press the "TAB" button on your keyboard two times to get to the <Finish> button, and press enter. Then choose <Yes> to restart your system.

6. Type:
Code:
startx
(and press enter) your system will now start up and you are DONE!

ENJOY THIS AWESOME OPERATING SYSTEM!

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 07:39:10 AM

That would be nice updates of any kind. But new miner software would be awesome.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:30:44 PM

more about smart contracts and SOIL.

as ive talked about before, the most important feature behind the ethereum virtual machine built upon the SOILcoin blockchain is the scalability of the smart contracts and dApps that will be built upon it. our singular focus, from before our genesis, has been to build an ecosystem to provide for renewable energy, autonomous agriculture and scientific computational needs. being that the technology has only really been in the public domain for a little under seven months, growth of the dAppshere has been growing exponentially. the benefit of open source projects for the majority of these dApps makes it a goldmine for repurposing what has already been built towards the blueprint strategy behind SOIL.

building, deploying, interacting with smart contracts is getting easier by the day. protocols for segments of the EVM are gathering concretion, the subcurrency standard is well defined, work towards two-way pegged sidechain interaction, while still a future ideal, grows nearer to realization, Casper (the PoS project towards Ethereum) has strong definition as a fault tolerant architecture with sharding and is closer than ever, the upcoming release of Homestead on ETH will reduce gas prices and bring more focus onto the subprotocols of Swarm and Whisper (both of which will be incredibly important features for SOIL going forward).

the global community is now waking up to what the EVM is capable of, with varied projects such as the German power company RWE announcing their pilot project to implement electric-car charging  stations using smart contracts on teh blockchain to authenticate users and simplify the billing process, to smart meters and microgrids using Ethereum to provide and distribute renewable energy.

so, where does that leave us with SOILcoin? we have been flying under the radar a bit, which is good for the longterm and sustainable growth of our project. a measured adoption scenario compared to the anarchy-sandbox of ethereum will help us maintain a clear vision and focused architecture towards what we have envisioned building. many of the pieces needed to build the framework towards these goals are starting to come into place.

ive been very regularly watching the smart contract development projects that are going on. for the last month, ive worked very hard on SOIL-ex, based off of EtherEx, for a decentralized exchange. it is running live on the main net, with btcswap (btcrelay) built in allowing BTC->SOIL interaction. ive been playing around with schelling coins to peg value against hard and soft commodities to present an ersatz commodity exchange, and testing it as best as i can before releasing it publicly. ive also been looking at how to integrate something like atomicswap (SOIL->BTC) as the other side of the sidechain peg into SOIL-ex. presently, its a token (subcurrency) exchange market, which in and of itself is a useful tool, but not yet what i envisioned, thus work continues. ive also released a different purposing of the project as ETHERsweeps on the Ethereum blockchain for anonymous sportsline gambling. it also is live, and public, presently accepting wagers against the outcomes of the UEFA Champions and Europa League tournaments. more of a test of concept, really, but with the possibility of monetization with which further direct investment can be achieved into SOILcoin.

there are TONS of other projects that can and SHOULD be built into SOIL. http://dapps.ethercasts.com/ , the :State of the Dapps: page has innumerable projects on teh go that provide a great deal of ideas, as does the hack.ether.camp page. (i only wish more hackathons were showing off the projects built). simple searching on the github site for "smart contract" or "dapp" presents een more ideas for simple contracts which can be compiled (see my previous post on that subject) and deployed.

so, those concepts which ill be working on, and encourage others to familiarize themselves with and work with, are quite varied. it gets difficult to choose just ONE project to build and rebrand.

one such project, which isnt open source, but the IDEA behind it is what matters, is Provenance. essentially, what they are hoping to provide is a "digital history" on the blockchain for product manufacturing, what they term "supply chain transparency". building from that idea towards SOIL, and our intended end-user audience, this sort of idea can be implemented in a few ways. t

firstly, to follow the food chain. beyond the movement towards local sourcing, there is now becoming the desire to know WHERE our food comes from. to understand not only HOW their food is made, but how it gets from "farm to fork". take the food adulteration scandal in europe during 2013 as an example. foods labelled as beef products were found to contain pork or horse meat as well. neither of those things are harmful to our health as it were, but cultural taboos and religious prohibitions against those products is a deeply inbred attitude. the POSSIBILITY of inclusion of phenylbutazone (used for sports horses, not acceptable for consumption) or contamination in the horse meat of EIP (equine infectious anemia) has contributed to the EUs recommendation to label processed meat products with the origins.

secondly, to follow seed genetics. a growing movement against genetically modified seedstock for foods has pushed the need for heirloom seed varieties. the push for proper labeling of GMO has been strong, both for and against. but the safety of our food chain is something that has for a long time been ignored and nearly impossible to track.

using unique identifiers (SOIL addresses) coupled with data storage (thru an ipfs gateway or when it becomes available and working, Swarm) with built in "single-token" transferable representations of specific livestock suppliers or seed batches, can build up a chain of custody that is verifiable through the blockchain, building trust for the foods and seedstocks that choose to be "certified" via provenance on teh SOILcoin blockchain.

dApps similar to StudBook can be reformatted to present lineage arguments, with thoroughbred horses, breeds of livestock, and even CRC registered purebred cats and dogs for that matter. again, using "single token" identifiers that are transferable in ownership, with references to direct familial descent would provide unalterable records of livestock ownership and origin.

InsureETH which brings flight insurance to the blockchain could be scaled towards providing crop insurance and risk management services, although these would require off-chain (i.e. HUMAN) arbiters.

renewable energy projects such as john lilic's "TransActiveGrid" can be built to provide economic subsidies for microgrid green energy producers,  and projects such as PyWind (to record wind farm data) and SolPy (measuring, modelling and predicting solar energy system performance) will be able to be built into the blockchain. these sorts of contracts would be interactive with other dApps, providing the gateway for intensive computations at a fraction of the cost incurred thru cloud subscription services. PyTough can be used to simulate geothermal resevoirs; applications to model thermochemical biomass pyrolysis used to produce bio-oil which can then be upgraded to gasoline/diesel grade fuels can be built and referenced.

many of these sorts of applications are already built using the Python programming language, which is the "cousin" of Serpent, one of the native Ethereum programming languages. pyethapp (which contains the pyethereum python core library) and dApp development frameworks such as pyepm are making it easier to port these sorts of projects into ethereum.

SolEther, a project stemming out from the IoT and Blockchain hackathon in London in December is designed to provide electrical energy in exchange for ETH (for charging ones cell phone, etc), theres literally no end to what can be built onto the SOILcoin blockchain NOW. never mind the basic needs such as sturdy and secure ipfs gateways, understandable oracle services, etc.

over the next few months, ill be working on these sorts f projects and would welcome the assistance and brain storming with others interested in building SOILcoin into the renewable energy/etc etc provider of the future. id love to hear what YOU think about the sorts of smart contracts that would fit on the SOILcoin infrastructure.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:31:41 AM

ROKOS v5 "Flavors" Released. Full OS with Cryptocurrency Clients, full nodes and much more. Faster, Easier, Stronger.

Just Burn and Click to Start your own Cryptocurrency Full Node or Client

Cryptocurrency and the Internet of Things
Flavors: Raspbian based OS with integrated Cryptocurrencies Clients, Nodes ready for use.

We've seen new services selling "stake miners" for different currencies, we support the new technology and uses for cryptocurrencies in the Raspberry Pi environments, hence we came up with a Free solution for every IoT enthusiast, developer, user, service that want to use their IoT devices with BTC, OK and more cryptocurrencies, or that would like to turn their Pi into a Staking device, It already integrates a fully functional Bitcoin + 11 Cryptocurrencies Clients and nodes as well to provide the users with the best and easier Out of the Box experience.

v5 "Flavors" Released

The First OS image release that merges the full power of Raspberry Pi 2, Banana Pi PRO & IoT Devices with Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies:
- ROKOS v5 "Flavors" comes with integrated Cryptocurrencies Clients / nodes .

Distribution aimed for everyone, from new Pi users to Pi Developers, Ease of use Out of the Box.
Download & Burn, Ready for use.

March 07 2016

ROKOS v5 "flavors" for Raspberry Pi 2 - Download (2.2Gb)
March 07 2016
MD5 Checksum:
SHA-1 Checksum:
SHA-256 Checksum:
SHA-512 Checksum:

ROKOS History releases link.

*Official Download Links - Do Not Download from other sources, posts, links to ensure the security of your downloads*

Specs:

v5 "flavors" Release (Pi2) March 07 2016
- Full burnable OS Compatible with the Raspberry Pi systems.
- Full System / Programs Upgrade.
- Full Design Upgrade.
- Iceweasel browser.
- Autolog.
- Debian.
- Java Dev Tools.
- Easier to Use mod Update.
- Security and Optimization Update.
- Updated Out of the box Firewall ready for use (gui) (start in terminal: gufw)
- Includes Qt and complete set of Dev tools (For developers)
- Includes Qt 3.2.1 Native / Qt 5.5.1 for Cross compile !
- Works with other cryptocurrencies.
- 1024mb swap mod.
- Updated Cryptocurrencies Included:
Bitcoin, OKCash, Blackcoin, Gamecredits, Digitalcoin, Diamondcoin,
Energycoin, Europecoin, Soil, Metalcoin, Transfercoin, Mojocoin.
(Readme.txt)
- Custom Login and Wallpapers.
- Cryptocurrencies nodes at /usr/local/bin/
- Easy Clients / Nodes Upgrades.
- Direct access to the Clients Via: Task bar and Menu > Internet.
- ZIP file - Compression: 2.2Gb image to download, 6.1GB uncompressed to burn.

Requirements:
ROKOS v5 "flavors":
- Raspberry Pi 2 (Pi2 full power use by debian jessie base)

- Min 8gb SD card and an External device (usb / hdd / ssd). To sync the Cryptocurrencies chains on the external device instead of the SD card.

Future Versions:
- Security updates.
- Chain Updates.
- More Cryptocurrencies will be integrated for an Out of the Box experience and adoption.
- Designs Updates.
- More wallets, programs or features, based on users/communities/developers feedback, support and/or cross collaborations.

ROKOS v5 "flavors" Screen Shots

"ROKOS" Initial Setup

1.- Download and Burn the ROKOS Image to a micro SD Card like you would with any other Pi Distro.
March 01 2016
ROKOS v5 "flavors" - DOWNLOAD

Steps for first boot

*Raspberry Pi 2:
User: pi / Password: raspberry , follow normal setup.

a) Type: sudo raspi-config
b) Set your Time Zone, change your pi user password and Expand the file system, restart.
After restart the system you can type:  "startx"   to start the user desktop.
c) System ready for use.

Welcome to the ROKOS Desktop

Final steps / BTC and OK Clients

a) Go to Menu > Internet and Click on your favorite Cryptocurrency Wallet

This will open the Cryptocurrency wallet and start sync.

*For some Cryptocurrencies the initial sync might take some days, wallets are fully usable after being fully Synchronized.

b) Always remember to make constant backups of your wallets and save them in USB or external media.

Use your wallets in ROKOS to plug HW and mine, Send/Receive, Stake, Share,
become a full node and support your favorite Cryptocurrency network, develop new applications,
etc, the limit is only in your imagination.

Important Security Notice:
*) Remember to create a backup for your Wallets, you can use the wallets to create them and save in different folders on a USB device.
You should ALWAYS have a backup of your wallet, Raspberry Pi Hardware, Raspbian and ROKOS Software are under development hence not responsible for missuses, electrical or compatibility issues that might cause a loss of information. It is as secure as one's ability to take care for it, same as a computer, so always have a backup of your wallets on an external device.

*) Some people tend to recommend getting a 128Gb MicroSD HC (High speed) , at the same time it does work, I do not recommend this solution, as microSD cards tend to get corrupted by the number of overwrites, to ensure the best functionality and security you should use an external HDD/USB storage device to store the chains.

You can start testing and developing new integration with ROKOS and your favorite cryptocurrencies for your IoT projects.

ROKOS is Released for Free to support Bitcoin OK and the crypto environment adoption
If you find this work valuable or if it helped your project and You would like to support feel free to share your donations at

BTC  15VrDkat5vD4FfycRk3E4e7EgqftzK6tm8
OK  PWZg5F7NurKDNGdckRpQgmShEQhEHmF5W5
GMC  GcVNPqcDdqZLbEh65eyo4ADPEKBsU4tyLi
BLK  B8kBAXZbkXDKJ9Zu7dcarUCp8SfnyoKWVe
DMD  dLSokViLNuMD1q6kssWMtv9vvgau4Yo5GV
DGC  DQfpBXe11e7YnWmyNpeg6wkESiWN1ENEPp
ENRG  e7t3em8YTwFRXeSQtXumhDBqQzzphoiQnu
ERC  EKz7czViBqwSu8Ne2omxaznMnkAY4FqkJB
METAL  MNgjwErYStsEfyKiSoUfyoX877kZcSpmZG
MOJO  MSztn2BwFjhgm9e5nEBwDzAr1r4UcxYLRY
TX  Tk38sE6rLz63JtbErecGgqJxdB5RKMdnbz
SOIL  0x3df2e34602fd5711b2f32daebeff96df0a4df113

"Empower yourself and build your own Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies Fullnode Guide"

ROKOS Guide from zero! Full steps for New Users
by SwedishBitMiner

---Prepare the MicroSD/MicroSDHC card---

(I did this on a Windows computer, and I dont know what tool to use for Mac to install the iso file Image burner, for this guide you will have to figure out that yourself, if you use Mac)

1. Download and install SD Formatter 4.0 (This is the tool to format the SD card) from:
Windows: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/SDFormatterv4.zip
Mac: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_mac/SDFormatter_4.00B.pkg
(or find it yourself at: https://sdcard.org/downloads)

2. Insert the MicroSD/MicroSDHC card into your PC/Mac. (You will probably need an MicroSD to SD adapter for this).

3. Start SD Formatter 4.0 and click the [Option] button. In there you change from "FORMAT TYPE: QUICK" to "FORMAT TYPE: (FULL)Erase", just leave the "FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT" in OFF and click the [OK] button so start the format. When the card is completely formatted click the [Exit] button to close SD Formatter.

4. Download and install Win32 Disk Imager (This is the iso file Image burner) from:
Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/files/latest/download

5. Download ROKOS Core (rokos5.img.zip) and unzip the ISO file (This is the awesome ROKOS Core "Operating System" that we are going to install on the SD card) from:
Download: http://bit.ly/rokos5flavors
(or find it yourself at: http://rokos.space

6. Start Win32 Disk Imager, press the "little blue folder" and select the "rokos5.img" file that you did extract. Make sure your SD card is selected in the list to the right and press the [Write] button. It will tell you that it can corrupt the SD card, just press [Yes] to continue the installation, when the installation to the SD card is done press the [Exit] button to close Win32 Disk Imager.

7. Now "Safely remove" your SD card from the computer.

8. Put the MicroSD/MicroSDHC card in your Raspberry Pi 2, and make sure you got an USB Keyboard, Monitor (via HDMI), and and Internet cable connected to the Raspberry Pi 2 before you connect the power cable to your Raspberry Pi 2.

---Installing ROKOS ---
(The first boot of ROKOS )

1. Type:
Code:
sudo raspi-config
(and press enter)

2. Select:
Code:
1. Expand Filesystem
(and press enter) press enter again on the <Ok> button.

3. Select:
Code:
2. Change user password
(and press enter) press enter again on the <Ok> button. Type a new password (you will not see the letters) and press enter, type your new password again, and press enter. Then press the <Ok> button.

4. Select:
Code:
5. Internationalization Options
(and press enter) Then select:
Code:
I2. Change Timezone
(Choose your timezone)

5. Press the "TAB" button on your keyboard two times to get to the <Finish> button, and press enter. Then choose <Yes> to restart your system.

6. Type:
Code:
startx
(and press enter) your system will now start up and you are DONE!

ENJOY THIS AWESOME OPERATING SYSTEM!

The more stuff I see like this the more I want to get me a pi but also looking at grabbing me an ODROID Maybe you can make for these and then I will be sold on buying one and using in the future Smiley
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G143452239825

Also what is ROKOS based of what Linux build ?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
OKtoshi
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 04:17:45 AM

The more stuff I see like this the more I want to get me a pi but also looking at grabbing me an ODROID Maybe you can make for these and then I will be sold on buying one and using in the future Smiley
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G143452239825

Also what is ROKOS based of what Linux build ?

Nice board, we got the suggestion to build ROKOS for it not long ago, will add it to the que of supported devices.

ROKOS is debian Jessie based, coming up versions for Raspberry Pi 3 and PINE64+.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
soil (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

SOILteam

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 10:08:40 PM

Just to clarify again the certain state: You are going to fork Homestead upon release, right?

We have already included the Homestead improvements to SOIL.
The Homestead hardfork is scheduled for block 1150000 in Ethereum.
Any time soon, we will see if all went well for Ethereum and then we decide the blocknumer for SOIL to switch.

As Ethereum still struggles with finding a date for shifting from PoW to PoS, how are you doing it with Soil?

Let Casper grow up and we can think about it.
soil (OP)

SOILteam

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 10:31:15 PM

Off-Topic

My fellow countrymen made a nice Star Wars Fan-Film.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djo_91jN3Pk
soil (OP)

SOILteam

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 12:28:08 AM

We were asked for a Windows 32 Bit client version.

Here you go!
Download
soil (OP)

SOILteam

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 01:31:59 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2016, 01:50:21 PM by soil

At the risk I'm talking to myself   Cheesy

OP description updated.

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:00:19 PM

are you guys pushing the SOIL to be listed on Polo?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:06:07 PM

just went through thread how we so undervalued. seriously how? this should be above EXP cap
alexcfr

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:37:11 PM

retweet
https://twitter.com/SOILcoin/status/698133684931665920
alexcfr

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:37:58 PM

just went through thread how we so undervalued. seriously how? this should be above EXP cap
EXP on polo
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:40:44 PM

+1. Polo is the best next move!
https://twitter.com/kpirev/status/709117417746726912

abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:04:55 PM

in the interests of full transparency, which we have always held ourselves to, i hve had to empty my developers funds due to a family emergency. my daughter had a miscarriage, and right now, she needs family. so, ive cashed out my developers wallet and sold what was there in order to send her the money for gas to drive from alberta to here in nova scotia. it simply became the last option i had in order to help her out. she's been pretty devastated, and is bringing my grandkids out for some time with me, just to get some time to heal her head and heart.

i hope that you guys dont get too upset over my having to use my developers wallet in such a way. its sat for a long time, and i had no intention of selling those funds, but i really didnt have a choice. im on a military pension and bring in barely enough for rent, bills, gas and groceries in a month, and aside from selling my fender bass guitar that ive had for thirty years, i also tried selling my very old collection of hockey cards as well, to no avail. she will be bringing with her the video cards my little brother had been using (he's quite the gamer and just upgraded to the radeon 300 series) so ill be using those to mine and replace my developers fund as quickly as i can when i get that installed.

i dont make any money from SOIL, and this wasnt a case of wanting to do that. i work with SOIL for the love of the project and my belief in it and what we can make it. i did manage to pour myself into retooling the OP blurb over the last few days, and am writing a guide related to the Homestead changes from ETH that we will be looking at, as well as an updated roadmap. this coming week, ill also be releasing SOIL-ex to the community as well. its not everything i want it to be right now, but as a token marketplace and exchange, it does its job very well. ill be writing up a users guide for that as well when i do release it.

again, i hope that i dont anger anyone for having used my dev wallet. trust me, i feel guilty enough as it is for having to use it. i will be replacing those funds as quickly as i will be able to. 
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:32:43 PM

You should offer your soil here. Some of us would take them. Now...
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: