Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Drugs with Bitcoin ?  (Read 88454 times)
t_broom

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 01:27:56 PM

We must never use such great thing as Bitcoin to buy awful things like drugs.
This is wrong. Besides, if such story comes up in mass media, the reputation of Bitcoin will be ruined in no time.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:30:04 PM

This is wrong. Besides, if such story comes up in mass media, the reputation of Bitcoin will be ruined in no time.

I do not aggree...  Negative stories can somtimes cause more people to get on board.   When there are riots in the UK, they are not televised for that same reason.  Maybe the Americans should stop televising cops shooting black people.

Anyhow: So what if I live in Africa and I use Bitcoin to buy much needed pharmaceuticals?  Is that bad?

Also, tea and coffee are drugs.  As are coca leaves but do we forbid Bolivian people BTC and insist that the leaves that are sold in local markets and by street vendors are sold in USD rather than allow them to use their smart phone to pay BTC?

My partner buys oil for his electronic cigarette on-line with BTC, that contains nicotine.   Should I tell him to use PayPal or Yandex_Money?

Maybe performance enhancements are your game and you are an athlete, bitcoin would be a good way to pay?  I am no athlete but when I was at university studying, some people were using cognitive performance enhancing drugs designed for dementia patents to up their grades. Should they be made to pay for them in fiat rather than btc?

Moreover: IF (and it is a big “IF” as further research is needed) cognitive performance enhancing drugs do work and... are safe,... why don't we all use them to get ahead in life.  Maybe it would be a good alternative to genetically engineering “clever” people which is going on.
It would also create a level playing field in athletics if everyone was allowed to dope safely.

I think the OP was in Holland where you are permitted to buy and use cannabis for recreational use.

You cannot stop people and/or pharmaceuticals companies using bitcoin, dollars, pounds, rupees, yuan, grostelcoin or even ethereum.  Making the activity illegal will change nothing.  I have it from reliable sources that bitcoin is even used between inmates in British prisons.

I just want everyone to use bitcoin, who ever you are, and whoever side you are on.

thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:40:28 PM

Buying drugs, hookers or anything you want really unless making other lives miserable is perfectly fine.
People on this thread, and i can't believe how many!!, saying you should not even mention such a possibility due to making a bad image for bitcoin make me want to vomit. Shame on you unenlightened and selfish sheep!
greenuser

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:01:00 PM

Buying drugs, hookers or anything you want really unless making other lives miserable is perfectly fine.
People on this thread, and i can't believe how many!!, saying you should not even mention such a possibility due to making a bad image for bitcoin make me want to vomit. Shame on you unenlightened and selfish sheep!
Well said, good post

Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:34:59 PM

i think it will not be your first chance to buy these stuff. so what currency would you use to buy these stuff before using bitcoin. i dont know why are people thinking and all illegal activities can be easily done using bitcoin.
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 04:07:17 PM

actually we must never buy drugs and other awful things, using anything. buying drugs is wrong in the first place.
abugseuf

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 04:55:04 PM

actually we must never buy drugs and other awful things, using anything. buying drugs is wrong in the first place.
yes and who says that it is a good thing to be use. i think no one even the one who is buying drugs can say that drugs are good for health. but the issue is that either they are using bitcoin or flat currency or any other currency for buying drugs.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:28:51 PM

Drugs are substances. What is an intoxicant to some may be a medicine for others. You can't judge a substance, everything has its place in this world. You can only judge the way a person would use a substance, and the net harm or good of those actions.

I don't condone of uniformed participants (children) doing substances. They do not have the social and moral experience to handle certain substances. Much like many adults I know, but that's a different conversation.

Drugs aren't bad. But please, keep bitcoin out of it, we are dealing with enough shit as it stands.
CroSany

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:42:34 PM

Buy drugs with bitcoin really?I have never bought drug.Buy online drug is that even possible  with bitcoin hehe you are joking right?I think that is bad idea better dont try to do that.
Cresciuanto

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 07:00:06 PM

i do not believe on such kind of news. i think these are false news and some people just want to drop the image of bitoicn and nothing else.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:09:59 PM

i do not believe on such kind of news. i think these are false news and some people just want to drop the image of bitoicn and nothing else.

Drugs can be bought with usd, euro and bitcoin there is nothing new about that. It's the media that always say bitcoin and drugs are with which we all know is not true.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:11:21 PM

First of all I would advise about not buying anything illegal with Bitcoin. Having said that, if you do buy some drugs, remember to triple+ check the onion url of the marketplace you are using. There are a lot of duplicated .onion sites which are scams. Same goes for the tumblers/mixers of bitcoins, a lot of fake urls to try to steal ur money, so beware.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:20:06 PM

No i did not used bitcoin to buy any thing like that, as in our country only online services are available with bitcoin all other physical things are available with fiats so we convert our coint to fiat in order to buy any other thing.
greenuser

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:36:02 PM

Well its good enough for fiat i.e. HSBC Bank
"US officials refused to prosecute HSBC for money laundering in 2012 because of concerns within the Department of Justice that it would cause a "global financial disaster", a report says".

"The 2012 settlement with HSBC detailed how the bank violated US sanctions by conducting business for customers in Iran, Libya, Sudan, Burma and Cuba.
HSBC accounts were also used by the Sinaloa drug cartel in Mexico and Norte del Valle cartel in Colombia to launder $881m.
The settlement allowed the bank to avoid pleading guilty to any wrongdoing.
If HSBC had been proven guilty of criminal action, it could have lost its banking charter in the US".

read for youself... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36768140

HSBC pays record $1.9bn fine to settle US money-laundering accusations
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/dec/11/hsbc-bank-us-money-laundering

Murder victims’ families sue HSBC over drug gang money laundering
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/12150598/Murder-victims-families-sue-HSBC-over-drug-gang-money-laundering.html

It's all over the net.... but that's the banks for you.

TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 12:31:35 AM

using bitcoin for illegal activity is bad idea , and dont share it here. bitcoin had many good  use than use it for illegal activity use it carefully and do not like this op who just used it for illegal.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:14:26 AM

Mr. druggy you are at wrong place because here we don't use drugs never buy with bitcoin or fiat, it seems you are drunk while making this post Wink

It seems the author is curious or planning to purchase drugs using bitcoins. And you are right sir by saying that there are no drug users and buyers here in bitcointalk.org. Just a piece of advice to the author ,  yes there are many who use bitcoins to buy drugs. Before it was used in the market the previous bitcoiners used it in the deepweb purchasing drugs and weapons. But this generation of bitcoiners use bitcoin for investment. Bitcoin is for all and not for drugs.
Breakfastchief

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:05:23 AM

Yeah...no...that's one thing I would not do.  I don't care if you say it's anonymous. I'm not getting caught especially way in the future when law enforcement analyzes the public blockchain and has the ability to track anyone down.
Cresciuanto

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:53:20 AM

why is this so that every one is comparing and like to link bitcoin with some illegal activities. i think all the illegal activities are part of the society. and they stay in every society. they will be support by the dollar, Euro or any other currency but you cannot blame a single currency for that.
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:58:21 AM

Im not buying nor using drugs it is prohibited and a bad thing to do. but bitcoin is a currency and you can buy whatever you want and we are old enough to know whats good or bad for ourselves.

Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:41:10 AM

why is this so that every one is comparing and like to link bitcoin with some illegal activities. i think all the illegal activities are part of the society. and they stay in every society. they will be support by the dollar, Euro or any other currency but you cannot blame a single currency for that.
My thoughts exactly. Bitcoin, like any other currency, is just an instrument. We are free to choose what we use our resources for, be it on legal or illegal things. But you must be ready to face the consequences of doing shady deals if you ever get caught.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: