Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:39:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 6 Vs Antminer S7, which one you will choose?  (Read 38725 times)
dalistar

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:34:07 PM

What is avalon 6 nww price now in usd

seems around 4 btc, so $1700, but i guess you cna find at lower price if you buy it used on the market or on ebay

Before three months I can buy in local market for almost 300 usd here in china
Now I can find it 1500 usd Sad

I will think about other miners ...similar miners lab or yesminer

When price of BTC value goes up gear goes up to.  Difficulty can effect it to... which this one will hurt.

But expect miners to cost now more then 230 days.  BTC just is worth almost double of what it was for a decent amount of time.

no this is wrong, if btc value goes up the value of the gear goes down in btc, because it goes down in usd

in fact now the s7 on hashnest cost less than 5 btc, when before it was 7 btc

I might not have done a good job on being clear.  I mean value goes up (IE USD value).  If BTC goes up old gear tends to go up in value.  Yes less btc in value, but more usd.

But if difficulty does that..... it could negate the fact of value of btc.  So we might not see big jump on old gear.

Before btc was 200 usd I cant find miners in china ....now when btc high again then can find too much .... I think seller will hold selling s7 when btc down
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:53:52 PM

*snip was really long quote
Before btc was 200 usd I cant find miners in china ....now when btc high again then can find too much .... I think seller will hold selling s7 when btc down

Where were you looking at for miners?  In china even during 200 day's you should have found a TON of miners.  A decent amount of the companies are there.... so it is not hard.

What site or where were you looking?  I've never heard of someone in China having trouble finding miners.
dalistar

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:41:18 AM

Where were you looking at for miners?  In china even during 200 day's you should have found a TON of miners.  A decent amount of the companies are there.... so it is not hard.

What site or where were you looking?  I've never heard of someone in China having trouble finding miners.

Sure www.taobao.com
This can trust

Not have big hash miners . The best here is s7

I want similar yesminer or miner labs very high hash
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:11:27 AM

Sure www.taobao.com
This can trust

hope you did not buy a 'yesminer' that is a scam.........see the threads on it on

www.litecointalk.org

no release to 3rd party testers.....(for example doggie on bitcointalk.org and others) shady video....etc etc

anyway be warned probably sfards (if you can find one) avalon bitmain are the only ones shipping now of any real note trustworthy wise as to ROI wise doubtful on any!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dalistar

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:19:01 PM

Sure www.taobao.com
This can trust

hope you did not buy a 'yesminer' that is a scam.........see the threads on it on

www.litecointalk.org

no release to 3rd party testers.....(for example doggie on bitcointalk.org and others) shady video....etc etc

anyway be warned probably sfards (if you can find one) avalon bitmain are the only ones shipping now of any real note trustworthy wise as to ROI wise doubtful on any!

This avalon ..S7 now not profitable... you see difficulty is very high now .... and continue to be more and more high .... I think three month later can't pay avalon electricity ....

Yesminer they are scam .... ok
What about minerslab ? Also scam ?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:24:22 PM

Sure www.taobao.com
This can trust

www.litecointalk.org

This avalon ..S7 now not profitable... you see difficulty is very high now .... and continue to be more and more high .... I think three month later can't pay avalon electricity ....

I never heard of it and no one ever made a post about receiving one in the hardware section, so probably. The price look less scammy, but the specs looks totally scammy. Its all rendered images and different products use the same picture.

The efficiency is to be doubted. I'm pretty sure it exist right now, but not in public/production stage right now. (under 0.1J/W)

I'd stay away. Right now there's only the Avalon6 and the S7. And if a couple of diff bump down the road, will make you unable to ROI the Avalon, then you're definitively mining at an electricity rate that you should not be mining on.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:30:33 PM

Sure www.taobao.com
This can trust

www.litecointalk.org

I never heard of it and no one ever made a post about receiving one in the hardware section, so probably. The price look less scammy, but the specs looks totally scammy. Its all rendered images and different products use the same picture.

The efficiency is to be doubted. I'm pretty sure it exist right now, but not in public/production stage right now. (under 0.1J/W)

I'd stay away. Right now there's only the Avalon6 and the S7. And if a couple of diff bump down the road, will make you unable to ROI the Avalon, then you're definitively mining at an electricity rate that you should not be mining on.

Honestly that is a crap site.  Last I heard of them was Itunes at one point they were FULL of carded Itunes cards.  It's like a ebay but less checks as far as legit items, unless that taobao.com has changed.

I would not order a miner there.  It is geared 100 percent for China market though.   Still lot better sites to order direct from like bitmain or ehash (Avalon).  They are legit China sellers.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:56:26 AM

That may be the case for you with your electricity costs.  So, you may want to say, "I" may not be able to pay electricity costs to cover the costs of mining -OR- "This avalon ...S7 now not profitable for ME."

Judging from your local time, looks like you live somewhere in Europe possibly.  So, I imagine your power cost is much higher than many who live in the US.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
dalistar

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:59:22 AM

Sure www.taobao.com
This can trust

www.litecointalk.org

Minerslab.com
Very high hash rate

Also have youtube video

I cant find in china yet .... I find in Malaysia from alibaba.com
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:03:27 AM

Minerslab.com
Very high hash rate

Also have youtube video

I cant find in china yet .... I find in Malaysia from alibaba.com

I very much doubt some unknown ASIC maker is making better ASIC than the big ones that spend insane amount of cash on R&D. I'd be very happy if you could prove otherwise, but i'm pretty sure that no matter the retailer, Smart miners are non existant and only a tool for scamming.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:45:13 AM

Have not bought any of the current and I do not intend to unless prices come down for equipment and the energy use comes down to. Maybe in the future after halving some massive improvements come to the asic world and provide a lot more effective units.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:17:59 AM

Have not bought any of the current and I do not intend to unless prices come down for equipment and the energy use comes down to. Maybe in the future after halving some massive improvements come to the asic world and provide a lot more effective units.

The current S7 price is great, asking for cheaper would be a bit wishful thinking. At the moment i would ROI one in 4 months, that is pretty great. Having even more efficient hardware would not make mining more profitable at all.

If they come up with 0.01J/GH unit, then everyone will have those, and your profit/watt will be about the same as now.

Right now, the Avalon6 is a great unit, but the price is not keeping up, so this show that you can't really expect things to suddenly be super cheap, affordable and great return for you but not be for big operations that pay 10 time less for electricity than you and get cheaper deployment cost/GH than you.

Your btc profitability is pretty much forever locked to a range, based on your electricity rate/what deal for cheap hosting you can find.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:12:19 AM

S7's lill monsters. Come July 2016 all the old asics will stop mining.

I'm not sure if 100 percent true.  Some places have such low prices of electricity they can run for a suprising amount of time.  A lot of A1's are still profitable in some China ones... I think they have yet to drop off.  Where I could not run a A1 with much/any profit.

Also we have no idea of cost on it or value of BTC.  I'm hoping BTC value goes up some between now and then but we have no idea how much, and if it will only speculation.
jaydipmodhwadia

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Verify my Bitcoin Address before EVERY transaction

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 07:23:07 PM

I would pick........

A S7....
CUZ I CAN  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 07:51:34 PM

I would pick........

A S7....
CUZ I CAN  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Out of curosity when you say you pick S7 how are you showing that?  Have you ordered a lot of them?

That is kinda what I wondered today if this is just choosing without ordering... it really does not count for much.  But if it is choosing by ordering that shows something.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:23:05 PM

After much debate I went in with 3 S7.  I want to own the Avalon 6 badly for whatever reason, but it's price point really doesn't make sense for me if I am going to host it somewhere and its main advantage is sound.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:43:33 PM

After much debate I went in with 3 S7.  I want to own the Avalon 6 badly for whatever reason, but it's price point really doesn't make sense for me if I am going to host it somewhere and its main advantage is sound.

Indeed, now with the coupon, S7's are breaking under 1000$, meanwhile the Avalon 6 is still super expensive and it's been slower and less efficient than the S7 from the start.

Make more sense to just mod your S7 for sounds instead, if you're ready to pay a premium for silent miners.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:48:31 PM

the last batch of s7 is at the same efficiency but the price...
i would still like to own an avalon 6
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:31:15 AM

Im more looking for the next bitfury gear  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
megatron1337

Activity: 84

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:38:24 AM

What's the decibels on the Avalon 6? Apologies if it has been posted somewhere else..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: