Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:16:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip  (Read 77478 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:52:17 PM

If they do I would agree on OpenWrt being most likely.  It is what Avalon used on tp nano and RPI to control some miners.

Who knows maybe someone could use that as a base of with OpenWrt, and look to see what Avalon did to it to get mining nice and GUI.   I still want to see initial screens of the R1.  I don't see why that one review did not show some of it at least.

It appears to be running OpenWRT in this review.

Thank You!  I had seen the cybtc review but it did not cover near enough.

This is great I will give it a read.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 12:27:21 AM

If you or anyone else has one they can power up can they PM me? I'll give you firmware extraction instructions so that I can start on a custom firmware for these.

just sent you a PM
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:55:36 PM

i got my package today, this thing is MUCH smaller then i imagined..

it looks like its setup the way most wireless extenders are setup.. you power it on and there is a wifi hotspot. you access the device by a url where you can log in and change settings.

it does have bladed prongs on the outlet. but they are not usa spec.. they are much thinner then usa, altho it fit pretty snug in the power bar it might fall out of a wall outlet.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:03:51 PM

it looks like its setup the way most wireless extenders are setup.. you power it on and there is a wifi hotspot. you access the device by a url where you can log in and change settings.

it does have bladed prongs on the outlet. but they are not usa spec.. they are much thinner then usa, altho it fit pretty snug in the power bar it might fall out of a wall outlet.

Glad to hear they are hitting doors!  Hopefully they ship out soon an all!

Guess we will see I predict a lot of these got sold.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:11:49 PM

Glad to hear they are hitting doors!  Hopefully they ship out soon an all!

Guess we will see I predict a lot of these got sold.

the setup is not very straight forward.. its actually kind of confusing.

im trying to figure how to put it in bridge mode..
it comes set as an access point with lan on ip 192.168.200.1

on the wifi there is several options

access point
client
ad-hoc
802.11s
pseudo ad-hot
monitor
access point wds
client wds

you can however scan for wifi, like the s3.. maybe that will automatically put it in bridge mode..
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:36:06 PM

Setting up as client should effectively be the same as bridge.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:44:06 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 11:58:29 PM by aarons6

yes and no. i got it to connect to my wifi, but routing it to the lan port, which is marked WWAN/LAN on the device.
it has an internal eth0 and eth1 and wwan and lan interface.

im trying to figure out what one i can bridge to what one.. i think bridging WWAN/WAN might do it.

the LAN one tho appears to be the board to the internal miner.. changing that locks the whole thing up.. had to reset a couple times already.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:23:47 AM

@bitmain..

one thing im not sure of, do i change the antminers email?

it says
 MyAntRouter@bitmain.com is a special user ID which is combined with the Btimain's user ID of original buyer who bought this router from Bitmain directly Please set above Bitmain user ID as your own Btimain user ID. If your router found a block whose difficult meets the bitcoin network, antpool will send a Email to the above Email address to you, and then you can get around the total block earning. additional:When the router is running you can get Bitmain points.(1 point/GHz/H), which can be used to buy something on www.bitmiantech.com or www.hashnest.com.

but im not sure where i get this user ID..
taiqy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:58:52 AM

@bitmain..

it says
 MyAntRouter@bitmain.com is a special user ID which is combined with the Btimain's user ID of original buyer who bought this router from Bitmain directly Please set above Bitmain user ID as your own Btimain user ID. If your router found a block whose difficult meets the bitcoin network, antpool will send a Email to the above Email address to you, and then you can get around the total block earning. additional:When the router is running you can get Bitmain points.(1 point/GHz/H), which can be used to buy something on www.bitmiantech.com or www.hashnest.com.

Hi, you just need to put in your bitmain user ID which is the email you enter when you want to login to your bitmain or antpool account. Works for me. I've been online with the RI for 3 days now.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:21:09 AM

@bitmain..

it says

Hi, you just need to put in your bitmain user ID which is the email you enter when you want to login to your bitmain or antpool account. Works for me. I've been online with the RI for 3 days now.

Are you sure on this?  You can log in with your email on bm sites.  But under profile "User ID:" is something different then email in my case. 

I think User ID and email could be different.  But I could be wrong.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:36:19 AM

playing with this the last couple hours i cant find a way to get it to assign an ip to a computer connected to the lan port.
it works great connecting to my lan and hooking up to it through wifi but i want to use it as a bridge for my s5.
it might be something im overlooking tho. i will keep playing around with the settings.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:46:54 AM

yes and no. i got it to connect to my wifi, but routing it to the lan port, which is marked WWAN/LAN on the device.
it has an internal eth0 and eth1 and wwan and lan interface.

im trying to figure out what one i can bridge to what one.. i think bridging WWAN/WAN might do it.

the LAN one tho appears to be the board to the internal miner.. changing that locks the whole thing up.. had to reset a couple times already.

Check the S1 troubleshooting thread, I know I've seen it gone over with a fine tooth comb.  Since this is using a similar gui because the S1 had wireless capabilities.
taiqy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 05:29:56 AM

@bitmain..

it says

Are you sure on this?  You can log in with your email on bm sites.  But under profile "User ID:" is something different then email in my case. 

I think User ID and email could be different.  But I could be wrong.
Just enter the email that you use to login at https://passport.bitmain.com. Once you have entered, click save and restart the router. Wait a few minutes and you will see a new "antrouter" tab next to the API tab. On the top right hand corner, you will see a 'current sub-account' which you can click and select your antrouter account which will automatically appear. When you click on it, you can see your hashrates.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:59:15 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 12:15:50 PM by aarons6

good news everyone.. i got it working in bridge mode..

there is a minor issue im working on. but i successfully connected my laptop to the lan port and over wifi it goes online.

the only issue i am having is i cant connect to the device over wifi.. just lan.. it did work but now its not.. i think its a setting somewhere.. port closed or something..

im going to reset it and start over and see if i switched something off.. then write up a quick how to.

edit.. well i cant get it working.. while i am able to use my laptop to go online for some reason when i connected up the s5 it just beeps..

hopefully someone can figure it out, ill keep playing with the settings to see if i can make it work.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:48:02 PM

Has anyone tried it as a U3 conroller?  I'm interested to hear results of that.

I'm hoping for good things.   But don't want to be to optimistic.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:29:54 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 05:20:16 PM by Swimmer63

Does anyone know how to change the router's name in wifi?
The names shows up as antRouter-2059A0ED9138, which appears to be the MAC address.
I would like to change it something else but don't see an easy field to do so in.

EDIT: NEVER MIND - FOUND IT
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 04:53:26 PM

playing with this the last couple hours i cant find a way to get it to assign an ip to a computer connected to the lan port.

I do not think the R1 has dhcp abilities to assign IP addresses to network devices.

I hope someone uses one with a U3 soon, otherwise I am going to have to buy one just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Has anyone started looking into custom firmware for it?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:04:34 PM

I do not think the R1 has dhcp abilities to assign IP addresses to network devices.

I hope someone uses one with a U3 soon, otherwise I am going to have to buy one just to satisfy my own curiosity.

I don't see a guide online.  With all of these comments on setup is the guide very good it comes with? Or does it even come with a guide?

I was curious how much they help on initial setup, or if it's more find out on your own.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:58:43 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 08:39:21 PM by aarons6

I don't see a guide online.  With all of these comments on setup is the guide very good it comes with? Or does it even come with a guide?

I was curious how much they help on initial setup, or if it's more find out on your own.

there is no guide in the box. it has a paper that has english on one side and chinese on the other.
it talks about how you can charge your phone, and how it works with bitcoin mining.. what bitcoin mining is and how you can connect it to your ISP a LAN network or WIFI..
but other then that it says to set it up you connect to the open wifi hotspot it makes when you first turn it on and type r1.bm in the browser.

then you get a ui like all their other miners.. lets you set the IP and change your username. most of the word descriptions is VERY broken english and NONE of the ? have any popups saying what they do.

if this was your first bitmain product you would be LOST and mining for them as their username is set by default.

there is NO default bridge mode.. and relay is not part of their installed package.. and the package installer does not work..

the device comes pre setup as a AP.. meaning you plug it into a current LAN and connect to it with WIFI.. its OPEN but you can password protect it with all of the known protocols.

it has a client mode.. but what i can see from that is its one way client.. meaning you connect to your WIFI network and the device then can mine through the internal and usb miners.. the LAN port in this mode does NOT get internet connection.. oh edit.. also in this mode by default you CANT connect to it anymore with the IP through wifi from your lan.. you have to go into the firewall settings and turn on incoming connections and uncheck the Masquerading and MSS clamping boxes..

the application "RELAY" would need to be installed to send data from the wifi to the lan.. at least thats what i see in the openwrt wiki.

i made it semi work with bridging the lan and the wan, and changing some firewall protocols but its not good enough.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:04:26 PM

AntRouter R1 Manual v2015.09.10

Sorry for the quality but they used a very light color for the text.  Best I can do with my limited photo editing skills and an auto feed scanner.

English first pages https://i.imgur.com/a5iAvvj.jpg?1
English last pages https://i.imgur.com/U6OWGFz.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: